Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-10, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by John Galt
Holy shit, UPS just dropped off my Home Alone collection. Fastest. Shipping. Ever.
Same here.
Old 11-30-10, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd

Now I wish I had not purchased two of those Bond sets 4 days ago when they were $29.99! That's $10 more I spent than I had to.
Old 11-30-10, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldenWheels
Goddamn I wish they would drop all the individual Bonds to 9.99. I bought just enough 9.99 bonds last year to make 2 of those multi sets worthless to me...plus I like a real BR case SO much more than a box.
Two years ago Amazon had a BF deal on the individual Bond titles for $4.99 each. Since then I have been "spoiled" when it comes to prices for them.

I just wish MGM could get its act together—or get bought out once and for all—and release more Bond titles on BD. I only want a few of them, especially OHMSS, so the sets don't work for me anyway.
Old 11-30-10, 01:18 PM

Though Jason the the Argonauts is back up, Ray Harryhausen's 20 Million Miles to Earth and and The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad are both down to $10.49.
Old 11-30-10, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

It hurts me to see Never Say Never Again down to half of what I paid for it from Amazon just two weeks ago. I'd given up believing it would drop in price until it became a clearance item.
Old 11-30-10, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels
Goddamn I wish they would drop all the individual Bonds to 9.99. I bought just enough 9.99 bonds last year to make 2 of those multi sets worthless to me...plus I like a real BR case SO much more than a box.
From what I've been told, the boxes in production now are the individual cases in a slipbox. How you would know if you're getting the original, flimsy foam hub page versions or the subsequent version, I couldn't tell you. Something to consider.
Old 11-30-10, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by lizard
Two years ago Amazon had a BF deal on the individual Bond titles for $4.99 each. Since then I have been "spoiled" when it comes to prices for them.

I just wish MGM could get its act together—or get bought out once and for all—and release more Bond titles on BD. I only want a few of them, especially OHMSS, so the sets don't work for me anyway.
Jeez I would have been on those like white on rice--of course I didn't get into BRs until last years BF. Still, you know how we all have our own "acceptable" price points around here for pulling the trigger...for a Bond BR $10 is it for me. And I pretty much expected at least some of them to hit $10 this week, so now I am a little perturbed.

Agreed that the rest of the titles need to come out. MGMs seemingly endless bankruptcy has been a real pain in the butt.

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
From what I've been told, the boxes in production now are the individual cases in a slipbox. How you would know if you're getting the original, flimsy foam hub page versions or the subsequent version, I couldn't tell you. Something to consider.
Just enough information to make a man pull his hair out trying to decide----there is the one set where I have none of the singles.
Old 11-30-10, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by JoeyOhhhh
Have the Star Trek seasons been that cheap or cheaper before? I'm looking at those as a possible Christmas gift
According to Camelcamelcamel, the Amazon.com price comparison site, this is the lowest they have been this year. I'm pulling the trigger on this one. Have wanted the set for a long long time. This set included both the original series and the enhanced edition, where they added digital effects and coloring to the original series, so it will please the hardcore fan, who wants to view it as it was televised, or those fans like me that like the enhancements that CGI allow.

Being able to get this without taxes, at this price is a great deal. Now having said that, I have just joined the masses that are streaming their content via Netflix, and have to say that my massive DVD purchasing days are numbered. Yes I know that Netflix content will not satisfy the movie fanatic, but it offers enough kid fare and foreign flix to occupy my family's time, so I will content myself with viewing my huge still sealed in plastic library, and use the $7.99 Netflix streaming service to scratch that "new movie" itch. Having said that, TV series that I love and watch repeatedly, as well as certain movies that meet that same criterea will still be on my purchase list. But those blind buy days are gone, and I haven't been to Big Lots in ages. The times they are a changing.
Old 11-30-10, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dear Amazon.com,

Black Friday is over. Please stop tempting my wallet with new price drops.

Sincerely,

A Customer Who Can't Resist
Old 11-30-10, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
And they included free passes to see Quantum of Solace! I made money on that deal.
Old 11-30-10, 03:58 PM

Hmm....

So the mail guy at work comes in with 2 boxes from Amazon.com. I scratch my head and realize they must have split my order in two. Fine. I open the box and pull out my blu-ray copies of Drag Me to Hell, V for Vendetta and X-Men Trilogy. Ok, so that's the order. I open the second box and pull out...Drag Me to Hell, V for Vendetta and X-Men Trilogy. Oh, wait. And there's also Breaking Bad season 2. Never even ordered that. I check both invoices, they are the same. Same order number, 3 blu-rays, etc. Not even a sign of Breaking Bad. I look at the boxes, the UPS tracking number is THE SAME.

So I think I'll... ...

Jorune
Old 11-30-10, 04:06 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jorune
Hmm....

So the mail guy at work comes in with 2 boxes from Amazon.com. I scratch my head and realize they must have split my order in two. Fine. I open the box and pull out my blu-ray copies of Drag Me to Hell, V for Vendetta and X-Men Trilogy. Ok, so that's the order. I open the second box and pull out...Drag Me to Hell, V for Vendetta and X-Men Trilogy. Oh, wait. And there's also Breaking Bad season 2. Never even ordered that. I check both invoices, they are the same. Same order number, 3 blu-rays, etc. Not even a sign of Breaking Bad. I look at the boxes, the UPS tracking number is THE SAME.

So I think I'll... ...

Jorune
I think they had a glitch in their system that caused them to duplicate orders, this happened to a few people I have heard. Basically the same order all the way down to the tracking number.
Old 11-30-10, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jorune
Hmm....

That's a better deal than my BN order for Back to the Future.

I received the package yesterday. The package contained Rumpole of the Bailey: The Lost Episode. I verified the UPS tracking number too.

Still no response from the BN side. Urgh.
Old 11-30-10, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Battlestar Galactica for $119.99! I'm in!
Old 11-30-10, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got the nightly visit from the UPS man. Dropped off my Spartacus BD set from the lightning deal. Doorbell goes off, my son runs to the door..."Dad, packages!" It's a routine now.
Old 11-30-10, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm tempted on Human Centipede. Great price, but I have a feeling it's a movie I'd watch once, then never again...
Old 11-30-10, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow! Ordered Hannibal anthology in lightning deal yesterday afternoon and got it today. 18 hours after ordering!
Old 11-30-10, 05:34 PM

As for the Star Trek Blu's, I think that's cheapest it's been anywhere.

I remember buying them earlier this year for ~50 a season at BB. They were hugely discounted at the time, I don't quite remember how much I paid exactly.
Old 11-30-10, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Check your local Blockbuster. They might have a used copy for $12.99, and the ones I've seen at several different stores haven't had the sticky backing.
Good call! I never realized this was out-of-print, and kept waiting for the price to fall. Instead I took your advice, and found a pristine 2-disc copy at my local Blockbuster for $9.99. Thanks for the great idea!
Old 11-30-10, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by bse
I think they had a glitch in their system that caused them to duplicate orders, this happened to a few people I have heard. Basically the same order all the way down to the tracking number.
Ok, I was wondering why 2 BTTF sets in different envelops just showed up on my doorstep.

Lighting fast shipping though. Ordered at 11:40am yesterday and at my door when I get home from work today. I'm not sure how they make any money on Prime.
Old 11-30-10, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by bse
So are these people getting charged twice, or just once?
Old 11-30-10, 06:41 PM

I ordered my Apocalypse Now bluray last thursday and it shipped friday. I was hoping to receive it today, no such luck. I wasn't planning on watching it tonight, I just wanted to caress it. Useless post? Sorry, guys.
Old 11-30-10, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I'm tempted on Human Centipede. Great price, but I have a feeling it's a movie I'd watch once, then never again...
Based on everything I've read, I can't imagine even watching it once. If ever there was a movie that screamed "Do Not Blind Buy! Rent Me First!" this is it.
Old 11-30-10, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Timber
Ok, I was wondering why 2 BTTF sets in different envelops just showed up on my doorstep.
Interested in a trade.
Old 11-30-10, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 359 Posts

Damn...I missed Kick Ass for $10. I had it in my Wish List while I was looking for other movies and forgot about it...damn, damn....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.