Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$4.95 Blu Rays at DVD2Blu

Old 11-03-10, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: $4.95 Blu Rays at DVD2Blu

Originally Posted by izatright View Post
I ordered 5 and sent one promo (Bored to Death sampler) and one HD (one of the Harry Potter dual sided combo). Since shipping is free, I lose nothing if they reject two.
But if you ordered 5 and sent in 3 DVDs + 1 promo DVD + 1 HD-DVD, wouldn't you be risking not getting 2 of your 5 BD titles?

Originally Posted by ENDContra View Post
What about promo discs? I have a few crap titles ("The Making of 300", "Best Buy Coming Attractions", "The Best of HBO", etc) that are worthless to me and I would love to have a way to unload.
Same here. A few hours ago I went digging through my duplicate/unwanted DVDs for ones to send in, and then re-read the FAQ carefully. The key wording is: a professional DVD that you can buy in a store. To me that SHOULD mean promo discs are OK, but should doesn't make it so. I don't remember if I actually bought them or just received them from Best Buy for free (or 1 penny). I have a couple dozen "The Making of 300", that Crash promo DVD, and some series samplers... all from Best Buy for free (or 1 penny). I know I got the Making of 300 for the slim cases, but have no idea why I bothered with multiples of the others.

How I'd love to send in a stack of "The Making of 300" DVDs for all my BD titles, but I'm afraid they'd reject my offer. I guess it's time to send them another email and wait a couple days for a response which hopefully answers the question.

Or has anyone already gotten an answer on this from them?
Old 11-04-10, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If someone successfully sends in Digital Copies, let us know. I'd be all over that deal.
Old 11-04-10, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Earlier in this thread, someone had emailed WB with a question about what disc to send in, and WB's answer clearly said the disc you send in should "be the one with the movie on it." So if you email them and ask about promo discs and digital copies, the answer will be NO. I'm not saying don't try to send them in, since you might get away with it. But asking WB about it is just dumb. It's like calling a bank and asking them if you can rob them. You know the answer is going to be no, but you're giving them a heads up that it might happen. So they're going to call the warehouse and make sure they don't accept promo discs and digital copies, thus ruining your plan. I say just try it, but don't call them to ask...
Old 11-04-10, 10:02 AM

OK. So it sounds like I shouldn't risk sending in promo DVDs then.

Next on my list of DVDs I'll probably never watch and may end up throwing away (just keeping the case) are ones like: "Slaughter of the Vampires" by Retromedia, "Unexplained Mysteries" by Front Row Entertainment, "The Secret KGB UNFO Files" by Madacy... you know super high quality stuff. Someone gave me these DVDs (because nobody would buy them including me), so I have no idea if they are ones you could buy at a retail store since that seems to be one of WB's key provisions for the trade-ins (as well as being "professionally produced"... is a place like Madacy professional? Hmmm)

Do people think titles like these will work?
Old 11-04-10, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

There's this thing called the internet where you can check places to see if you can buy it anywhere online. This isn't that hard.
Old 11-04-10, 12:45 PM

Finally got my mailing label email today. Took just over 5 days to get it.
Old 11-05-10, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Living Dead View Post
If someone successfully sends in Digital Copies, let us know. I'd be all over that deal.
Or if someone successfully trades in a BR.
Old 11-05-10, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SterlingBen View Post
No, I was just going to get a few $1 BDs so I would have BD replacement cases in the future but I don't want to spend $1 to just get a case and not be able to trade in the disc.
Where are you getting $1 BDs??
Old 11-05-10, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BSTNFAN View Post
Where are you getting $1 BDs??
Big Lots, only title available being "3". YMMV but the store I am thinking of had about 10 left the last time I was in.
Old 11-05-10, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Big Lots, only title available being "3". YMMV but the store I am thinking of had about 10 left the last time I was in.
Don't they only take 1 copy per title? Plus, isn't it easier to buy some of their other (DVD) 3-packs?
Old 11-05-10, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Peep View Post
Don't they only take 1 copy per title? Plus, isn't it easier to buy some of their other (DVD) 3-packs?
Yeah but I wanted some extra BR cases so I can throw out these eco-cases.
Old 11-05-10, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah but I wanted some extra BR cases so I can throw out these eco-cases.
Still only 1 copy per title though.
Old 11-05-10, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Peep View Post
Still only 1 copy per title though.
Ok then 1 replacement case, assuming they will take it. I am curious as to how much scrutiny these trade ins are really subject to.
Old 11-05-10, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok then 1 replacement case, assuming they will take it. I am curious as to how much scrutiny these trade ins are really subject to.
Without clarifying in the rules of trade, they should be loose. Everything I sent fit the criteria. I'd be surprised if they rejected them. I have a feeling they're more interested in moving stock and getting people into blu-ray than anything else. Maybe they made too many of these titles and they're not moving well in the sales department?
Old 11-10-10, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got my order of eight titles today. There were four discs that I was semi-concerned about: and Australian copy of THE WILD BUNCH, an Alpha copy of THE MAGIC SWORD and Australian copy of RICHARD III and a region 0 (Danish?) copy of FAREWELL TO THE KING. All were accepted with out problem or question.
Old 11-10-10, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight View Post
Got my order of eight titles today. There were four discs that I was semi-concerned about: and Australian copy of THE WILD BUNCH, an Alpha copy of THE MAGIC SWORD and Australian copy of RICHARD III and a region 0 (Danish?) copy of FAREWELL TO THE KING. All were accepted with out problem or question.
That's good news. I sent in an Alpha copy of something. When did you mail yours to get such a fast turnaround? I'm assuming the day the deal started (which I think was 10/28)? I just mailed mine 2 days ago, and I think I heard others say Warner is overloaded now, so it'll probably be at least a month before I get mine, and I just ordered some TV series. I haven't had time to decide if any of the other titles are worth a DVD to BD upgrade @ $4.95 each. Hopefully the "any DVDs" offer and free shipping (over $35) will last through the end of the month as it's unlikely for me to get time to do that research until after Black Friday.
Old 11-11-10, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Per TVShowsOnDVD.com's facebook:
TODAY is the last day for Warner's special "Take ANY DVD" offer in their DVD2BLU program. Don't miss it!
Old 11-11-10, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This site can be at times glitchy for me ,I just tried to do this and it would not let me get to the confirm and order page.
I wonder if they have disabled this ?
Old 11-11-10, 07:43 AM
Cool New Member

How long does it usually take to get a confirmation e-mail after you mailed in your DVDs with the mailing label? I have sent my DVDs over a week and a half ago and haven't heard anything yet.
Old 11-11-10, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by joltman View Post
Per TVShowsOnDVD.com's facebook:
TODAY is the last day for Warner's special "Take ANY DVD" offer in their DVD2BLU program. Don't miss it!
CRAP! But thanks for telling me. So the way DVD2BLU will work it is if you place your last upgrade order on November 11th, you will be grandfathered in on the "any" DVDs even though they won't receive them for a week or two? I assume the FAQ will change back to its old wording tomorrow.

Assuming that midnight (i.e. November 11th 11:59 PM is the order cutoff), is DVD2BLU and their order clocks in the PST or EST time zone? (Normally I'd assume PST because Warner is in CA but their receiving address is on the east coast so I'm afraid EST is more likely). I probably won't make it if it's EST because I have a long work day + errands and won't be home until 9 PM PST (12 PM EST). If they are PST, then I might be able to do it tonight. If they could've waited until Friday I would surely have been able to do it. I guess it's a miracle it lasted this long because I'm sure they just had a bunch of meetings about all the worthless crap DVDs they've been receiving, though whoever set up the "any" DVD promotion must've known that would happen if they had any brains.
Old 11-11-10, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by HBKDinobot View Post
How long does it usually take to get a confirmation e-mail after you mailed in your DVDs with the mailing label? I have sent my DVDs over a week and a half ago and haven't heard anything yet.
I've made 3 orders with them and never received any confirmation they received my Dvds or shipped the Blu-rays.

There is a delivery confirmation number on the mailing label pdf, you can check if they've received your Dvds on the USPS web site.

My last order went like this:

Ordered on 9/11
USPS delivered my DVDs to them on 9/17
My credit card was charged on 9/21
I received the Blu-rays on 9/25
Old 11-11-10, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk God

so has anyone successfully sent in an HD-DVD? I have a tomb raider hddvd that i found that i'd like to send in.
Old 11-11-10, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
That's good news. I sent in an Alpha copy of something. When did you mail yours to get such a fast turnaround? I'm assuming the day the deal started (which I think was 10/28)? I just mailed mine 2 days ago, and I think I heard others say Warner is overloaded now, so it'll probably be at least a month before I get mine, and I just ordered some TV series. I haven't had time to decide if any of the other titles are worth a DVD to BD upgrade @ $4.95 each. Hopefully the "any DVDs" offer and free shipping (over $35) will last through the end of the month as it's unlikely for me to get time to do that research until after Black Friday.
I ordered on 10/28 and got the label the same day. I put the discs in the mail on 10/30 and received the exchanged blurays on 11/10. Of course, this is before they got "slammed" so consider my experience a best case scenario for when things are working like they're supposed to.
Old 11-11-10, 01:42 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight View Post
I ordered on 10/28 and got the label the same day. I put the discs in the mail on 10/30 and received the exchanged blurays on 11/10. Of course, this is before they got "slammed" so consider my experience a best case scenario for when things are working like they're supposed to.
Did you get a confirmation email that they received your discs? According to the shipping label mine was received by them on 11/02. The instructions say I will receive a confirmation email when they are checked in, but nada.
Old 11-11-10, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^
No confirmation e-mail. I was going to check with them for a status update yesterday, but the discs arrived.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.