A correct transaction should look like this:

Tinker Bell preorder deposit: $10.00
Tinker Bell balance: $20.00
B&TB preorder deposit: $5.00
DMR coupon: $10.00
Preorder discount (B&TB): $10.00
--------------------------------
Total for movie + $10 GC + preorder: $15.00 + tax

Anything less, an error was made in your favor. Anything more, you got hosed.
Old 10-01-10, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tinkerbell + B&tB + Toy Story 3 = $30 total at Toys R Us

Any TRU coupons coming out before Beauty and the Beast comes out?

Last edited by izatright; 10-03-10 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-02-10, 08:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd Fredericks
I would like to buy Beauty and the Beast and Toy Story 3. What is the best and cheapest method?
Not being interested in Tinkerbell, I stopped by my local Toys R Us last night and they now have the Toy Story 3 offer on display. It's also a "put a deposit down on XXX title, get $10 off any other Disney title now." The only unknowns at the moment are the TRU prices on the titles.

So if you've been waiting to make a purchase for Beauty and the Beast and Toy Story 3, you can go into TRU this Tuesday and purchase BatB with the TS3 preorder ticket and use your BatB $10 coupon, and hope that Disney will offer a $10 off coupon on TS3. I may do this in hopes that TRU also has a preorder special on Fantasia, and I'll just keep doing this title by title.

Maybe someone can start a new thread that excludes Tinkerbell and breaks down the purchasing process for Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story 3 and, hopefully, Fantasia.
Old 10-02-10, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

When does TRU's ad come out? I need to know the official price if I'm gonna cancel my Amazon pre-order.
Old 10-02-10, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
When does TRU's ad come out? I need to know the official price if I'm gonna cancel my Amazon pre-order.
Unless someone has is early it will be on their website early tomorrow morning.

Looks like the price will probably be $22.99 before any discounts, someone over at CAG with the early ad mentioned this and TRU has lowered the price on their website also.

So we could be looking at: (Without Pre-Order)

+$22.99
+$5.00 (Pre-Order Toy Story)
-$10.00 (Toy Story Pre-Order Discount)
-$10.00 (Manufacturer's Coupon)
=$7.99 (+Tax)

If you already have it pre-ordered, take another $5 discount off (Someone mentioned though that you could run into a problem with this if they take the $5 off your total would be 17.99 and the toy story pre-order might not work since the balance is under 19.99, not sure though).

Regardless if I have to pay 7.99 or 2.99, I will be using my free gift card from TinkerBell.
Old 10-02-10, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by komsik

Looks like the price will probably be $22.99 before any discounts, someone over at CAG with the early ad mentioned this and TRU has lowered the price on their website also.

+$22.99
=$7.99 (+Tax)

If you already have it pre-ordered, take another $5 discount off (Someone mentioned though that you could run into a problem with this if they take the $5 off your total would be 17.99 and the toy story pre-order might not work since the balance is under 19.99, not sure though).

Regardless if I have to pay 7.99 or 2.99, I will be using my free gift card from TinkerBell.
Wow! That $22.99 is a surprise. I hope it's right because this will end up being a great deal!
Old 10-02-10, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Wow! That $22.99 is a surprise. I hope it's right because this will end up being a great deal!
Hell yeah. $2.99 for those that pre-ordered. Kinda makes up for not getting the $10 gift card for Tink.
Old 10-02-10, 07:18 PM

+$22.99
=$7.99 (+Tax)

Cool. I didn't pre-order because I didn't want Tink, and they don't have any other Disney Blu's that I need that are priced reasonably enough to make sense, even after a $10 discount, so 7.99 out the door is cool with me. Off to cancel the amazon order.
Old 10-03-10, 02:17 AM

Here is the Ad:

Nice, they actually advertise the disney coupon this time like for previous titles in the past.. so that should eliminate 99.9% chance someone gets told they can't use it. (I have never personally had problems with the coupons at TRU though, the employees at my local store are always great even when the stuff rings up wrong.)

I wonder what is in the coupon book...
Old 10-03-10, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder what is in the coupon book...
Um, coupons?

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
Old 10-03-10, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Um, coupons?

lol!
Old 10-03-10, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Old 10-03-10, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Um, coupons?

Thanks, I wasn't sure.
Old 10-03-10, 10:57 AM

Thanks, I wasn't sure.
Old 10-03-10, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't do Tinker Bell (just want B&TB & TS3). A question. If I go to preorder TS3 on Tuesday while I'm buying B&TB is the TS3 preorder for the 2 disc blu ray, 4 disc Blu ray/dvd/digital copy combo pack or either? I want the 4 disc.
Old 10-03-10, 11:23 AM

Either. I think there are like 4 different SKUs: 2Disc BD+DVD, 4Disc BD+DVD, 2Disc DVD+BD, and 4Disc DVD+BD.
Old 10-03-10, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Well.... I went to TRU to just do the Pre-Order of B&TB... and whatever deal-i-o may come with it.. and ... uh-oh.. they had no more pre-order forms.. in fact they had very few Blu-Rays... so I inquired ... (and btw.. I already pre-ordered TS3 so I can't use that method on Tues).. and was told that TRU was going to quit carrying Blu-Ray.. I asked why... and the guy said he thinks it is because they are a high theft item... I thought maybe it is because with their in-house specials... stacked with manufacturer coupons (all legit I may add).. that they somehow were not getting the revenue from their loss leader as they hoped.. but I didn't say it...
Old 10-03-10, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Bottom line.. I didn't pre-order B&TB.. and have nothing to go with it on Tues... along with any special they have.. so I am very interested in how it works out for the rest of us..
Old 10-03-10, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by b2net
... (and btw.. I already pre-ordered TS3 so I can't use that method on Tues)...
Is that for personal reasons or is that a (new) TRU policy?
Old 10-03-10, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by b2net
(and btw.. I already pre-ordered TS3 so I can't use that method on Tues)
Sure you can, pre order another copy, get five bucks off, and toss the pre-order card in the garbage.

.. and was told that TRU was going to quit carrying Blu-Ray.. I asked why... and the guy said he thinks it is because they are a high theft item...
My local TRU recently started carrying their blu's in electronics with the video games under lock and key.
Old 10-03-10, 08:54 PM

The strange thing about the coupon is that this one does not seem to require you type in the UPC from a previous home video release. I've printed both out now and they are different from each other in many subtle ways (written text, arrangement of text, expiration date, and especially the graphics and text underneath the coupon on the printed page is totally different), but the UPC is identical between both. The number above the real big bar code in the middle is one digit different though. I believe a similar thing happened with Toy Story 1 and 2 where there were $10 rebates for using a previous release UPC and later just a generic $5 coupon for everyone, and many people successfully used both. Given that these two coupons are for the same amount and have the same bar code, that probably will not be able to be pulled off this time. But what Disney just did by releasing this $10 coupon to everyone is to totally invalidate the "rebate" they were offering to previous owners of the movie. Previous owners are now getting no such special discount.
Old 10-03-10, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by JediJones
... But what Disney just did by releasing this $10 coupon to everyone is to totally invalidate the "rebate" they were offering to previous owners of the movie. Previous owners are now getting no such special discount.
What's your point? As a previous owner I no longer enjoy getting BatB for $10 less than the sticker price because now everybody can get it cheaper, or what am I missing here?
Old 10-03-10, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by basketb
What's your point? As a previous owner I no longer enjoy getting BatB for $10 less than the sticker price because now everybody can get it cheaper, or what am I missing here?
As a previous owner, or at least someone on say a forum like this that got the UPC code we were able to get 1 discount for owning it, and then an ADDITIONAL discount for just anyone in general so hence a greater discount than everyone else. With the TS movies we got the $10 for owning and then the general for anyone $8 discount. So I myself as well am little perturbed as why they even bothered having the original $10 coupon for previous owners since they released this new coupon which makes the 1st promotion technically "worthless" since it is one is the same(same barcode which the register should refuse).

So to enjoy at least say an extra $5 coupon if you don't plan on buying it is do the TS3 pre-order in addition already of the $10 coupon.
Old 10-03-10, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Schloob1
As a previous owner, or at least someone on say a forum like this that got the UPC code we were able to get 1 discount for owning it, and then an ADDITIONAL discount for just anyone in general so hence a greater discount than everyone else. With the TS movies we got the $10 for owning and then the general for anyone $8 discount. So I myself as well am little perturbed as why they even bothered having the original $10 coupon for previous owners since they released this new coupon which makes the 1st promotion technically "worthless" since it is one is the same(same barcode which the register should refuse).

So to enjoy at least say an extra $5 coupon if you don't plan on buying it is do the TS3 pre-order in addition already of the $10 coupon.
Actually, they did this exact same thing with Snow White. They put up a $10coupon for previous owners with a UPC, and then a few days before release, they put out a $10 coupon for everyone.
Old 10-04-10, 02:14 AM

I don't see the point of complaining about it, either. So what if everybody now has access to the $10 coupon. A lot of people were able to just get the UPC anyway. For those complaining about not being able to stack the coupons because they're the same is ridiculous as you're not supposed to do that, anyway. I can somewhat understand the reasoning behind the complaint that previous owners should get $10 off and non-owners only get $5 or $8 as you get an extra discount for already owning it than other people did. But I don't really care about that other people get the full $10 off, anyway. I think it's kind of silly to complain about it, even if there is some reasoning behind it. I've even printed out two copies of the coupons for previous releases and handed the other out to someone just to help them out. I won't do that, this time, as I'm getting two copies for myself (I'm getting one as a gift) unless I'm able to print out 2 of the upgrade coupons and 2 of the other. I may try that. Someone may want them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.