(DEAD) DD Hugh BOGO BD Sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-10, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: (DEAD) DD Hugh BOGO BD Sale

I just got this email response after sending them an email last week:
Dear Valued Customer,
Over the last few weeks we have been experiencing intermittent problems with our e-mail server. The issue has been resolved. Unfortunately, we have been unable to recover a number of e-mails that may have been sent to us prior to December 23rd. If you have e-mailed us prior to the 23rd, and have yet to have your issue addressed and or resolved, please reply to this message including both your order number and reason for your e-mail.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and appreciate your business.

Thank you,
DeepDiscount.com
Customer Service Department
Old 12-27-10, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received an email my entire last order was canceled.
Old 12-28-10, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my 2 orders in the mail today. my 2 of the 4 Blu books were dinged up pretty good.
Old 01-04-11, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to bump this, but I need some quick help...

After fulfilling all of my old orders correctly except 1, on my last B1G1F order DD just shipped the 1 full price title and canceled the free one. I just tried calling the (630)775-3300 line where an operator answered quickly, transferred me to customer service, and after about 10 minutes on hold they hung up on me.

Can I just refuse the package when it arrives (take it back to the post office unopened since I won't actually have the chance to refuse it) and DD will credit me eventually, or do I have to waste time trying to get ahold of someone there to get a RMA # knowing that they have 1+ hour wait time for a customer service rep and typically ignore their emails?

Too bad they had to screw me over on my last order. They had partially redeemed themselves lately, but this knocks them way back down. It wouldn't be so bad if I could get ahold of someone there easily, but I can't.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-04-11, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Sorry to bump this, but I need some quick help...

After fulfilling all of my old orders correctly except 1, on my last B1G1F order DD just shipped the 1 full price title and canceled the free one. I just tried calling the (630)775-3300 line where an operator answered quickly, transferred me to customer service, and after about 10 minutes on hold they hung up on me.

Can I just refuse the package when it arrives (take it back to the post office unopened since I won't actually have the chance to refuse it) and DD will credit me eventually, or do I have to waste time trying to get ahold of someone there to get a RMA # knowing that they have 1+ hour wait time for a customer service rep and typically ignore their emails?

Too bad they had to screw me over on my last order. They had partially redeemed themselves lately, but this knocks them way back down. It wouldn't be so bad if I could get ahold of someone there easily, but I can't.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
I have the same problem. I contacted them through the online web form and they responded with:

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount!

Unfortunately those items were cancelled due to a price discrepancy.

In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to a display or typographical error, or an error in pricing information received from our suppliers, or store partners, DeepDiscount.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.

DeepDiscount.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, DeepDiscount.com shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of your original charge. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.
Keep in mind there was no price discrepancy except that they charged me for the non-free items and are now holding my free ones hostage. It was a Paypal order so maybe there is some recourse through that.
Old 01-04-11, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Manzana and sumdeus, I have the same problem. They finally fulfilled my 2 B1G4, yet they screwed up B1G1.
Old 01-04-11, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I sent a follow-up email to DD CS so we'll see what they say...the fact that they say the freebies were cancelled may mean it will be shipping soon based on others experiences
Old 01-05-11, 06:33 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I received my last two blu rays from this sale last week. The rest of my orders came quickly. No complaints from me against DeepDiscount.
Old 01-05-11, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Manzana and sumdeus, I have the same problem. They finally fulfilled my 2 B1G4, yet they screwed up B1G1.
It was weird how they also fulfilled all of my other orders correctly (including a few B1GM (M = many)) but they screwed up my last B1G1 order. I couldn't find an email address for them on their help page, but I sent an email through their Contact Us page.

What's their direct email? Years ago it was [email protected]. Maybe it still is.

Also, has anyone refused shipment on a package from them without going through the mess of trying to extract a RMA # from them, and if so how long did it take for you to get your credit?

One thing, though, now that they screwed me over this time: I'll never place another order with them that doesn't have an acceptable price PER ITEM. I'll never trust them again not to ship the full price items and cancel the free ones, so no more B1G# sales. :-( I hope they don't have any more glitches like that last one to tempt me to break that rule...

Last edited by Manzana; 01-05-11 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-07-11, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is so stupid it's comical. I wrote back to the CS department after they said they cancelled the remainder of my order due to a "price discrepancy." I explained there was no price discrepancy in my reply vented my frustration with the whole 4-month wait, no communication, etc... Then I get home from work to see this...

Response (Kyle S) - 01/07/2011 10:01 AM
Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount!

Looking further into this, we regret to inform you that the titles you requested has been discontinued and is no longer available. However, in some cases they may be reissued at a later date. If the item is reissued, you will find it on our site at that time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
DeepDiscount
[email protected]
http://www.deepdiscount.com
The six titles I am owed are:

Boogie Nights
The Natural
Cliffhanger
Jason and the Argonauts
After Life
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

None are discontinued and all are available on the website right now! I wouldn't care but 5 of the 6 are my freebies!
Old 01-07-11, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by sumdeus
This is so stupid it's comical. I wrote back to the CS department after they said they cancelled the remainder of my order due to a "price discrepancy." I explained there was no price discrepancy in my reply vented my frustration with the whole 4-month wait, no communication, etc... Then I get home from work to see this...

The six titles I am owed are:

Boogie Nights
The Natural
Cliffhanger
Jason and the Argonauts
After Life
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

None are discontinued and all are available on the website right now! I wouldn't care but 5 of the 6 are my freebies!
DeepDiscount are such a bunch of thieves. They had a calamity with one of their BOGOs and they never refunded me the full amount for the item they forcefully sent me and I returned. They charged full price, then halved the return refund. They never returned it, either.
Old 01-07-11, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by vivafriend5
DeepDiscount are such a bunch of thieves. They had a calamity with one of their BOGOs and they never refunded me the full amount for the item they forcefully sent me and I returned. They charged full price, then halved the return refund. They never returned it, either.
Sorry to hear that. I wonder what their next lie to me will be!
Old 01-07-11, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My order finally showed up right before New Years. If I go to the site, though, it shows as open, not shipped. Whatever. Last time I'll be using them. Pity. They once mattered.
Old 01-08-11, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by vivafriend5
Shhhh. Don't call DD names in front of hilts or he'll attack... or maybe that's just me he attacks. I don't know what their problem is, but I'm never buying from them again unless I don't care if I can NEVER cancel the order (as long as I live). The likelihood of that happening is pretty low now since no matter what their prices are, someday I'll probably find it for the same or less from a reputable dealer.

Sumdeus, you're lucky you got a response from them. How long did it take? I sent mine almost 4 days ago. Maybe that's not giving them enough time, but for companies that care about customer service that would be plenty of time.

Has anyone had success getting a refund from DD simply by taking back an unopened package (left in my mailbox yesterday) to the post office without ever getting a RMA from DD? I've already put in a reasonable effort trying. Or will DD just ship it right back to me or claim they never got it and never refund me and I'll have to dispute it with my credit card company?

I'm actually debating taking a video camera to film myself handing the package to the postal employee.
Old 01-08-11, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Finally got the remainder of my Labor Day BOGO sale, the paid title and three free "glitch" titles. In the end I paid for two and got six free, an awesome deal, and since I wasn't in any hurry, the delayed shipping didn't inordinately put me out, but even so, I am done with DD.
Old 01-08-11, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I recently placed an order and bought 8 blu-rays. The receipt came in the email, and all the titles were replaced with CDs. I immediately canceled, but they still shipped 5 titles. I emailed them and they responded immediately (within 2 days) and told me I could return it. I sent the items, with their slip pasted on, and I got a refund within two weeks. That's the best experience I've had at DD in months!
Old 01-09-11, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
I recently placed an order and bought 8 blu-rays. The receipt came in the email, and all the titles were replaced with CDs. I immediately canceled, but they still shipped 5 titles. I emailed them and they responded immediately (within 2 days) and told me I could return it. I sent the items, with their slip pasted on, and I got a refund within two weeks. That's the best experience I've had at DD in months!
If that's your best experience then that is pretty sad! I'm still in an email ping pong match with DD CS. They have now reverted back to my order was a "price discrepancy." So we've gone back-and-forth between "price discrepancy" and "items discontinued." They just conitnue to dodge any resolution in my order and it is really frustrating considering how much money I have spent with them the past 10 years. I won't be spending any more money there ever.
Old 01-09-11, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If that's your best experience then that is pretty sad!
Yeah, but you have to remember I was expecting no resolution followed by a charge-back request to my CC or a resolution two to three months.
Old 01-09-11, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
Yeah, but you have to remember I was expecting no resolution followed by a charge-back request to my CC or a resolution two to three months.
What the heck happened to this company?!
Old 01-09-11, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
It was weird how they also fulfilled all of my other orders correctly (including a few B1GM (M = many))
Exactly what integer does M represent? Just curious if anyone got like 20 extra copies from the glitch.
Old 01-09-11, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Exactly what integer does M represent? Just curious if anyone got like 20 extra copies from the glitch.
For me M was > 2 and < 6. :-) I'd like to know if anyone's M exceeded 5.
Old 01-10-11, 02:00 PM

Out of the 6 I ordered from their glitched B1GM sale, I only received 5 blurays. Albeit that I'm still getting a good enough deal given what I paid, but so far all I'm getting in my replies from their CS reps is that my missing movie has been shipped when it wasn't in the shipment. I haven't gotten the 'price discrepancy' or 'item discontinued' excuse yet, but I have a feeling it could be coming.
Old 01-10-11, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My daily email update continues. Just to recap:

Email 1 - Asked what the status of my order was since it had been a month since I last received an item and was charged and DD responded I didn't receive my last 6 movies due to a price discrepancy

Email 2 - I explained there was no price discrepancy and listed my order. DD responded I didn't receive my last 6 movies due to the movies being discontinued

Email 3 - I called them liars and pointed out that the movies were not discontinued and were actually available on their website right now. DD responded I didn't receive my last 6 movies due to a price discrepancy (second time they said that)

Email 4 - Latest and greatest - After I threatened to contact Paypal, VISA and the BBB with my order history and the chain of emails DD said my Paypal authorization expired BUT they would honor the original price and all I had to do was call and give a credit card #. So I called and paid and I "will have my movies in 5 - 10 business days." What's over-under on me getting these in 5 - 10 business days?!

Last email:

We apologize for the incorrect information. Your items were canceled because we are only able to hold authorizations with PayPal for limited time. If an item is out of stock at the time of ordering, the authorization on the order will expire. The authorization will drop off your PayPal account within a few days. We do attempt to obtain another authorization when it does ship. If we are unable to, the order will cancel. You may resubmit your order with a credit card by calling Customer Service via telephone call toll-free: 800-264-5076. You can reach our customer service representatives Monday through Friday from 8 A.M. to 7 P.M. CT and on Saturday from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. CT. We have noted the account inregards to the free items due to the promotion and we will still honor those items.
Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Old 01-10-11, 09:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My daily email update continues. Just to recap:

Email 1 - Asked what the status of my order was since it had been a month since I last received an item and was charged and DD responded I didn't receive my last 6 movies due to a price discrepancy

Email 2 - I explained there was no price discrepancy and listed my order. DD responded I didn't receive my last 6 movies due to the movies being discontinued

Email 3 - I called them liars and pointed out that the movies were not discontinued and were actually available on their website right now. DD responded I didn't receive my last 6 movies due to a price discrepancy (second time they said that)

Email 4 - Latest and greatest - After I threatened to contact Paypal, VISA and the BBB with my order history and the chain of emails DD said my Paypal authorization expired BUT they would honor the original price and all I had to do was call and give a credit card #. So I called and paid and I "will have my movies in 5 - 10 business days." What's over-under on me getting these in 5 - 10 business days?!

Last email:
lol, it's like they are just throwing every canned excuse at you in their system hoping that you'll back down. Almost comical.
Old 01-11-11, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mark my words: Someday and sooner rather than later, someone in the world is going to seriously, violently snap at hearing "We apologize for the inconvenience" just one time too many.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.