Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

(DEAD) DD Hugh BOGO BD Sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-10, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: (DEAD) DD Hugh BOGO BD Sale

I've been receiving quite a few shipped notices, but not much actually arriving. I know to give them time... it's at least nice to see the shipping notices.
Old 12-03-10, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My final shipping notice arrived in my mailbox today for Poltergeist and Poseidon. Thank goodness. Typically, once I get a shipping notice *knock on wood*, I've received them 2-3 business days. It will be nice to finally complete this order. Hopefully, the rest of you start to finish off yours.
Old 12-03-10, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kedrix
My final shipping notice arrived in my mailbox today for Poltergeist and Poseidon. Thank goodness. Typically, once I get a shipping notice *knock on wood*, I've received them 2-3 business days. It will be nice to finally complete this order. Hopefully, the rest of you start to finish off yours.
I still have received no shipping notices. It's been officially 3 months since i placed my order. By far the WORST online experience i've ever had.
Old 12-03-10, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally received a shipping confirmation on The Green Mile today, the last of my free selections.

I'm seriously considering writing this company off forever now. This current 25% off sale is the first one I haven't bought anything as of right now. I may end up not ordering a single thing, and if that happens, I likely will be done with them.
Old 12-03-10, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Wow! I just received an email that one of my long time back orders from this sale has finally shipped. Deep Discount is finally shipping Steamboat Bill jr and Battleship Potemkin. That leaves one order of four blu-ray titles to go to close out my last remaining back ordered titles. Maybe there is hope of finally getting them.
Received these today after they shipped on 11/24. Still waiting on my last order of four titles to ship. It appears if 3 out of 4 are now in stock on the web site. The one out of stock title is a free one.
Old 12-04-10, 10:24 AM

Got an email yesterday saying that they had shipped my free Boogie Nights. In frustration, a couple of days previous, I tried to cancel my last order. I've gotten no email confirmation nor has the open status changed. Since DD has taken so long to ship my last remaining order, my credit card has changed. The expiration date has changed. I went to the website to try and change the payment method and found that there's no way to do it short of emailing them. Frankly, if I can't do it through the website, I'd rather not email nor tell someone my information on the phone.

Has anyone else had this happen? What did you do in this case?
Old 12-04-10, 12:27 PM

I'd written this these DVDs off a long time ago, but I've received N by NW and Contact in the last week. Only one free Blu outstanding.
Old 12-04-10, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I have 1 order w/4 Blu's.. it began as 1 was in stock with oos.. and now 3 are in stock with only 1 in stock.. I see here that others are getting partial orders.. yet mine is completely held back... these guys sure are not consistent.. in so many ways....
Old 12-04-10, 03:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Got a shipping notice today for my last freebie from a B1G1 order:

HOW THE WEST WAS WON - Blu-ray

Wow. Almost 3 months to the day. Now I just need my Season 2 blu-ray of Breaking bad from the other B1G1 sale that happened in October.
Old 12-04-10, 04:27 PM

I received a shipping notice for my last two, one a freebie, yesterday. That will complete my orders from back in October. At least I've had plenty to watch since then but it is funny to think of how many things I've ordered since that arrived long ago. Oh well, it's not like I expected everything from DD to show up quickly. Once things ship I do usually get them within a couple of days.
Old 12-09-10, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by b2net
I have 1 order w/4 Blu's.. it began as 1 was in stock with oos.. and now 3 are in stock with only 1 in stock.. I see here that others are getting partial orders.. yet mine is completely held back... these guys sure are not consistent.. in so many ways....
I'm in a similar situation. Everything is in stock on my orders except one item and my entire order is held back. I contacted them on 12/6 to find out a ship date...haven't heard anything back yet. Ridiculous.
Old 12-09-10, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

What I find interesting is that some folks got partial shipments.. with varying degrees of price structure.. so I am glad I didn't get 3 of 4 yet pay more.. although I am glad these are not Christmas Presents.. cause I have no hope of seeing them this year...
Old 12-09-10, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Two days ago I received the last BD from my September 3rd orders. Took awhile but I wasn't in a hurry and the prices were good.

But I do hope that DD can fix the problems and keep being a viable source for BDs.
Old 12-09-10, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by jsz1002
I'm in a similar situation. Everything is in stock on my orders except one item and my entire order is held back. I contacted them on 12/6 to find out a ship date...haven't heard anything back yet. Ridiculous.
I have 3 orders with 4 items each, and everything says In Stock except Willy Wonka. Nothing has shipped, naturally.
Old 12-09-10, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

As of today, I'm finally done with the Labor Day sale. Now all that is left is the two seasons of Breaking Bad from the Columbus Day sale.
Old 12-09-10, 06:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I received a shipping e-mail today for A Nightmare on Elm Street and Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans from a prior BOGO sale. I expect them to arrive either tomorrow or in 3-4 weeks. Also, I've e-mailed them 12/1 asking why they shipped Breaking Bad to me subsequent to my cancellation on their website and still have not heard from them. Shocker.
Old 12-10-10, 07:44 AM

Finally!! I just checked the site and both The Natural and North by Northwest are back in stock. My CC showed a pending charge from DD (for the correct amount) and I am hoping that these ship sometime in the very near future...hoping that is.

With all of the inventory/shipping issues, I had decided against ordering the Shrek set - though I did "actually" contemplate it, but came to my senses. I'm glad I didn't order it, especially after hearing about all the issues from the DD Shrek thread. I may order from Amazon or BB - even though we all know it will be a BF deal for next year at $20.
Old 12-10-10, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
As of today, I'm finally done with the Labor Day sale. Now all that is left is the two seasons of Breaking Bad from the Columbus Day sale.
I'm still waiting on my Armistice Day sale order from 1918.
Old 12-13-10, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I checked inventory today and now all four titles on my last order are listed as in stock. I wonder if I can expect to see the order shipped soon.

I tried calling customer service to see if they were going to finally ship out my last order. Looks like you can't get through to talk to a live person. Everytime I try to get transferred through the automated phone system to talk to a CSR it drops my call. Probably they are getting swamped with a lot of calls from angry customers and don't want to talk to anyone. If I ever get my final order shipped I expect it will be the last time I buy anything from Deep Discount.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 12-13-10 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-13-10, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still no word on my 8/24 order, B1G1 free, i ordered The Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption, and silly me jumped on the Shrek deal but you know, no word on that either, they sent my other part of the Shrek order, Sideways on blu, received that disc today.
Old 12-14-10, 03:21 AM

My orders from 9/03 shipped today. As I bitched so much, I got them to up me to next-day shipping. I believe Hell has frozen over Alas, it's been nice knowing you Deep Discount...
Old 12-14-10, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by BigShemp
My orders from 9/03 shipped today. As I bitched so much, I got them to up me to next-day shipping. I believe Hell has frozen over Alas, it's been nice knowing you Deep Discount...
I can't even get them to respond to me!
Old 12-14-10, 07:03 AM

On the 11th I received a confirmation that my last order from Sept. has finally shipped (North by Northwest and Natural). I think I will most likely hold off from ordering from them until it sounds like things have turned around a bit. They need get things turned around and become what they once were.
Old 12-14-10, 11:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I received my 2nd to last freebie from this sale - How the West Was Won blu-ray. My final item shipped over a week ago. Almost done.
Old 12-14-10, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by jsz1002
I can't even get them to respond to me!
I feel your pain. I shouldn't have said anything as my "Next Day" tracking number with UPS has turned up nothing-- and the very friendly people at UPS told me that there's nothing in the system associated with said tracking #. So not only did I not receive my package today, but this means I have to call Deep Discount tomorrow and figure out what new screw-up has occurred. I will never, EVER order from them again.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.