(DEAD) DD Hugh BOGO BD Sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-10, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: (DEAD) DD Hugh BOGO BD Sale

Originally Posted by Kory
Karate Kid, fool!
I haven't seen it in about 10 years, and over my life I probably only watched it 3 times. I liked it, but I never learned any lines from it. I've only learned lines from a small group of special movies.

Last edited by Manzana; 10-27-10 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-27-10, 12:42 PM

Well, I have a small update from a while back. I received all of my orders, including half of a single BOGO deal that had been canceled, but they charged me full price for and sent one of two items. I sent it back, wrote on the invoice that I was charged 14.98 and to refund me, in thick marker. I waited three weeks, contacted customer service about the return and was told to wait a little longer.

Well, I got an e-mail the I had been refunded $7.49, straight from DeepDiscount. The problem is, I paid with PayPal, and have not been refunded at all. The amount is halved as well. Great job!
Old 11-02-10, 08:26 PM

Ordered on the first day of the sale. Ordered 8 movies, only have received 3. This is ridiculous. I find it hard to believe they have not been shipped enough copies of North by Northwest by this time. This has me wondering how often DD even restocks.
Old 11-02-10, 09:55 PM

Yep, that is truly hard to believe. What the hell are they doing? I didn't order on day one, but none of my order of 4 blus (including North by Northwest) has shipped.
Old 11-03-10, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
Yep, that is truly hard to believe. What the hell are they doing? I didn't order on day one, but none of my order of 4 blus (including North by Northwest) has shipped.
None of my order (including NbNW) has shipped either. Where do they get their stock from?!
Old 11-03-10, 05:44 AM

Still missing North by Northwest and The Natural. Apparently Matrix and Battleship shipped out last week, but no sign of them yet...
Old 11-03-10, 10:15 AM

I still have received absolutely nothing I've ordered from DD since late August with the exception of 1 title I ordered in the most recent sale. I got a few 60 day notices, but I really don't think they'll ever ship mine (at least not the ones I got the really good deals on). Some year I expect to get cancellation notices saying sorry we're unable to get this item in stock when the real translation would be "we gave you too good of a deal on this product and decided we'd rather not fulfill your order at these prices so we'll just pretend not to have it in stock". What I really should do is pretend to order some of the stuff I have on order to see if their system says it's OOS now or not. At least I'd feel better knowing that they're really OOS for all these months instead of just ignoring orders with prices lower than they want to fulfill. I will say that DD is going for a record on the longest shipping time for anything I've ever ordered, and my opinion of them is dropping lower and lower to the point where I'm going to apply my "Dell" rule to them which is don't ever spend more than 5 minutes placing an order with them (including researching, etc.) because 99% chance you won't get it if it's a good deal, and since it usually takes me more than 5 minutes to research that means avoid them unless I already know I want the items.
Old 11-03-10, 10:45 AM

My order still hasn't budged yet, perhaps next time I wont order obscure movies that will go out of print like Nightmare on Elm Street and North by Northwest. So much for having Nightmare on Elm Street for Halloween.
Old 11-03-10, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by doraemon10
My order still hasn't budged yet, perhaps next time I wont order obscure movies that will go out of print like Nightmare on Elm Street and North by Northwest. So much for having Nightmare on Elm Street for Halloween.
Well, you only have yourself to blame for not having Nightmare to watch on Halloween...it's almost like you think that two months is enough time to ship a movie to you.

Old 11-03-10, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lucky I just canceled my order from this dreadful sale and ordered elsewhere. Thank heavens I don't need to look at my account for this sale anymore.
Old 11-03-10, 01:55 PM

I think after I get North By Northwest I will cancel my other orders. I want North by Northwest because I already received the other Bluray in that order that was considered free. I'll probably cancel the 2 other orders altogether. What is the point of getting a good deal if you never get the movie?
Old 11-03-10, 02:28 PM

Yeah, I cancelled one of my two orders-- they told me that JACOB'S LADDER isn't even scheduled to be back in stock at the warehouse.
Old 11-03-10, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Store is laughable - Grindhouse, Nightmare Elm Street, Bad Boys, Boogie Nights.......none of these titles have supposedly ever been available since like August.
Old 11-03-10, 05:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless I find a better deal, I'm just going to leave my outstanding orders open and just see what happens. I imagine they'll automatically cancel them after like 6 months, which it's already been around 2, so we'll see...
Old 11-03-10, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition
Unless I find a better deal, I'm just going to leave my outstanding orders open and just see what happens. I imagine they'll automatically cancel them after like 6 months, which it's already been around 2, so we'll see...

This is what i'm going to do. With thanksgiving weekend rapidly approaching who knows what items from this sale will be in the 2 day ad's.
Old 11-03-10, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone talked with DD about this? Either email or phone? Anyone at DVDTalk have any inside channels to them? I see plenty of banners advertised here, could an Admin or someone else request an explanation?
Old 11-03-10, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Has anyone talked with DD about this? Either email or phone? Anyone at DVDTalk have any inside channels to them? I see plenty of banners advertised here, could an Admin or someone else request an explanation?
I emailed them this morning. This is the response I got:

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!
Your order #--------- is on backorder. Unfortunately, we do not have a shipping date for this item. When more information is available, we will email you. Your credit card account will not be charged until the item is shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience. Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.

Regards, Customer Service Department
[email protected]

Like others, I will wait until better deal comes up, then I will cancel the order.
Old 11-03-10, 09:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of my orders apparently shipped on Sept 3. No sign yet.
Old 11-04-10, 10:21 AM

so far I have received the 2 items that were charged... but my 2 items that were "FREE" have still not shipped... beginning to wonder if they ever will... and they're recent titles that are in stock locally at my best buy and on amazon, etc...
Old 11-04-10, 10:47 AM

Just got an email saying they apolgoized for the delay, but to allow another 21 days! LOL
Old 11-04-10, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a email yesterday and today for another delay for my two orders. See you all again next month for the next round of emails.
Old 11-04-10, 11:29 AM

Just got the email as well saying they would ship within 21 days........yeah.....right. See you guys in three weeks to bitch again.
Old 11-04-10, 11:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got my 60 days notice for a total of 4 Blu-rays. Pathetic. It's not like I ordered some obscure, out-of-print Criterion.
Old 11-04-10, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by doraemon10
That's odd, because I did get my Nightmare on Elm Street that I ordered from this sale. But then I didnt get my Shawshank Redemption, which I know others received a while ago.
Old 11-04-10, 12:32 PM

Just received two of my four yesterday - Matrix and Battleship Potemkin. Still waiting on North by Northwest and The Natural....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.