Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Beauty and the Beast $10 coupon live

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-10, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Beauty and the Beast $10 coupon live

Coupon failed to print via Safari (Mac) and can't print again (tried uninstalling and reinstalling the coupon printer software and removing cookies, but no luck). Oddly, the printer log for my Canon MX860 says prints were completed, but I got bupkis.
I tried via Firefox, but after installing the coupon printer software, the browser crashes every time I try to print (even after reboots).
Installed Opera and Camino browsers, but neither would acknowledge the coupon printer software after installing.
Can't try via Chrome since I'm on on a pre-Intel Mac.
Crap!

Edit - Also tried creating a new DMR account (and deleting cookies again). Still won't let me print (says I already printed).

Last edited by Rob052067; 10-05-10 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-05-10, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem getting the $7.99 deal.
Old 10-05-10, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Rob052067
Coupon failed to print via Safari (Mac) and can't print again (tried uninstalling and reinstalling the coupon printer software and removing cookies, but no luck). Oddly, the printer log for my Canon MX860 says prints were completed, but I got bupkis.
I tried via Firefox, but after installing the coupon printer software, the browser crashes every time I try to print (even after reboots).
Installed Opera and Camino browsers, but neither would acknowledge the coupon printer software after installing.
Can't try via Chrome since I'm on on a pre-Intel Mac.
Crap!

Edit - Also tried creating a new DMR account (and deleting cookies again). Still won't let me print (says I already printed).
Its 2 coupons per computer per DMR account.
Old 10-05-10, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Still have a coupon left since i got my beauty and the beast for free this past saturday at the bluray/dvd release premiere. I can prob give it to some one in the L.A. area that needs one. Dont think it would arrive in time, if i mailed it though since it expires saturday.So if in L.A. and need a coupon still let me know.

UPDATE: wow that was fast, sorry everyone the coupon has just been spoken for.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 10-05-10 at 08:25 PM. Reason: some replied allready requesting my coupon
Old 10-05-10, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
Still have a coupon left since i got my beauty and the beast for free this past saturday at the bluray/dvd release premiere. I can prob give it to some one in the L.A. area that needs one. Dont think it would arrive in time, if i mailed it though since it expires saturday.So if in L.A. and need a coupon still let me know.

UPDATE: wow that was fast, sorry everyone the coupon has just been spoken for.
i'll take it.
Old 10-05-10, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A Target tried to shoot me down for using two coupons, even though I was buying 2 copies of the movie. I had to force them to read the fine print to prove there was no such exclusion (it says one coupon per specified item purchased)
Old 10-05-10, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DavyBGood
Zeke, what is the $3 vendor coupon and where did you find it? Thanks.
I got an e-mail from Disney Movie Rewards a couple of weeks ago that contained a coupon for $3 off any Disney DVD or BD. I've deleted the e-mail, otherwise I would post the link to it.
Old 10-05-10, 10:13 PM

$8.29 out the door at the TRU in Attleboro, MA. with the TS3 pre-order. Got the DVD packaging but I'm not a stickler for that kind of thing. Can't even remember that last time I bought anything at TRU...must be 10 years at least. The staff was very helpful, no hassles at all.

Last edited by Straker; 10-05-10 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Addition to text
Old 10-05-10, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Best Buy refused to honor the coupon today. Their excuse was that BatB is on sale this week and the coupon says it can't be used with any other offer. This is the first time Best Buy has ever refused one of these Disney upgrade coupons. I even got the manager involved and he refused to budge. I would have bought it somewhere else but I had preordered with the Steelbook.
Old 10-05-10, 11:01 PM

Finally got the coupon to print after trying on three different computers. It was annoying, but ultimately worth it.
Old 10-05-10, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought BATB for $2.99 at TRU. I went back later in the day to get an ad to price match at Best Buy (since I wanted the Iron Packs too anyway). When I came in, the lady that helped me told me she made a mistake and that I should bring back my receipt. I did and she proceeded to press buttons like mad. At the end, she handed me my receipts back and a $10 bill. I tried to tell her that that shouldn't be right, but she insisted so I agreed and left. Now I'm home and did the math. She gave the blu-ray to me for free and gave me $7 on top of that!
Old 10-05-10, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
I bought BATB for $2.99 at TRU. I went back later in the day to get an ad to price match at Best Buy (since I wanted the Iron Packs too anyway). When I came in, the lady that helped me told me she made a mistake and that I should bring back my receipt. I did and she proceeded to press buttons like mad. At the end, she handed me my receipts back and a $10 bill. I tried to tell her that that shouldn't be right, but she insisted so I agreed and left. Now I'm home and did the math. She gave the blu-ray to me for free and gave me $7 on top of that!
Yeah, TRU refunds used vendor coupons as cash ... it goes back to a class action lawsuit they settled a few years back.
Old 10-06-10, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by izatright
LOL what?
Old 10-06-10, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
Best Buy refused to honor the coupon today. Their excuse was that BatB is on sale this week and the coupon says it can't be used with any other offer. This is the first time Best Buy has ever refused one of these Disney upgrade coupons. I even got the manager involved and he refused to budge. I would have bought it somewhere else but I had preordered with the Steelbook.
You can cancel your pre-order, get your money back, and keep the steelbook you know.

Or even if you feel odd about that (which you shouldn't, tons of people have done it), you could let BB keep your 7.50 for the pre-order, pick it up from TRU with the coupon and a Toy Story 3 pre-order (which you don't have to pick up if you don't want to), and still pay $10 less than what you paid at BB.

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 10-06-10 at 03:54 AM.
Old 10-06-10, 06:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
Same thing happened to me today. He wouldn't honor the coupon because he said Best Buy isn't one of the vendors that can take the coupon. I didn't feel like arguing so I got refunded for my $7.50 and went across the street and picked up the movie for $2.99 at Toys R Us. She was happy to take the coupon.

The Toy Story 3 ironbook does look nice though. I might have to preorder at Best Buy and then get refunded on release day.
Old 10-06-10, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually, something I noticed yesterday too when getting my refund (and keeping the steelbook) is that it says you MUST redeem it by 10/29 and if not, you instead can only get a refund at the CS desk. Got my TS3 Ironbook and will do the same again because I preordered it and will keep that one at TRU.
Old 10-06-10, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bsmith
That would be true if one also wants TS3.
Why isn't it? Even if you simply never pick up your TS3 pre-order, the net cost is $7.99. That is still the best price around.
Old 10-06-10, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by valkyrie
They only had the DVD packaging out at my TRU, but the BDs were behind the counter. I went to get mine with the $10 coupon and one of the store employees said "hey, you should use the TS3 pre-order for $10 off." So, $22.99 - $5 (BatB deposit) + $5 (TS3 preorder) - $10 BatB coupon - $10 TS3 preorder discount = $2.99 freaking sweet deal. It was actually cheaper for me to pre-order TS3 again and throw away the card (as it would have been $7.99 without it)!

Wow, gotta love TRU.
Dude, you are my hero!

Put the BR in the player and then asked my daughter to come down. She walked down the stairs and said Wow! She loved the Video Quality, perfect.

Let someone borrow the DVD years ago and it was not returned. So it is AWESOME to have it back in the fold, in BR makes the wait worth it.
Old 10-06-10, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Strange how some people are having trouble with the $10 off coupon at Best Buy this time. Whatever the previous Disney BD release was last month, I ended up getting it at Best Buy because I happened to be there and they gave me no trouble with the coupon. In year(s) past they gave me lots of grief usually rejecting it or having to adjust the price manually, but this last time it was easy so I thought they had it fixed in their system given that the person scanned the coupon and it took off the $10.

Did they actually try to scan the coupon and the system wouldn't take it, or did they just reject the coupon outright? If it's the latter, then it's probably store specific because some employees/managers seem to take it personally if somebody gets a good deal at the store they work at. I wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy changes its mind and goes back to not accepting manufacturer coupons someday. One thing I've learned is that you can't count on anything good lasting too long and one of these days I'm afraid Disney will stop offering these coupons (and then I'll stop upgrading my Disney movies to BD). But in the meantime, when in doubt go to Target, and as the silly song from In Search of the Castaways goes "Enjoy It".
Old 10-06-10, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I grabbed the SILVER copy of the movie. Meijer only had that out in the Blu-Ray section. Is there any difference between the Blu-Ray (blue box) and DVD (silver box). Both contain the Blu-Ray of the movie.
Old 10-06-10, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
I grabbed the SILVER copy of the movie. Meijer only had that out in the Blu-Ray section. Is there any difference between the Blu-Ray (blue box) and DVD (silver box). Both contain the Blu-Ray of the movie.
The difference is the box. The contents are the same. If having a DVD case doesn't bother you, then you are all set.
Old 10-06-10, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Blu box = Blu-Ray size case
Silver box = DVD size case
Old 10-06-10, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks....I would prefer the Blu box, oh well...not sure if I will return to Meijer since I already opened the FREE Mattel doll that came with it.
Old 10-06-10, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I just thought about this... the blu box is blu and blu refers to the ray... silver box is dvd.. and I wonder if silver refers to the disc.. lol.... so now the question is.. what does yellow on TS3 represent...
Old 10-06-10, 10:44 AM

I picked up 2 copies yesterday at TRU for $7.99 each.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.