Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Beauty and the Beast $10 coupon live

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 08-31-10, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems that the Beauty and the Beast $10 coupon is already live. You need to have a Disney Movie Rewards account. Just go to http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/index.htm and enter the UPC of your DVD copy.

Thanks to aioime at slickdeals for posting this.

Also others posted UPCs that work:

Coupons expire October 9 (shouldn't matter when you print it)
Old 08-31-10, 11:16 AM

Re: Beauty and the Beast $10 coupon live

I sure don't see the coupon when I log in. Where do you go to find it?
Old 08-31-10, 11:26 AM

Once you login, you enter the upc in the magic code box. If you don't see the banner appear, you should be able to go to "My Points" then "Special Offers". It should be listed there. Some people were saying they were having that issue. One person said they entered the upc and it came up invalid, but then still put it in their "Special Offers" list. It could be that this wasn't supposed to be live, yet, but somehow went live, so it's not working properly. But others have said they were able to print their coupon.
Old 08-31-10, 11:31 AM

Got it..thanks!!
Old 08-31-10, 11:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was able to print my coupon after messing around with my printer for 5 min.
Old 08-31-10, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks - got mine. Now to wait out and see how it compares to the Amazon hold I have....
Old 08-31-10, 11:54 AM

Yes!!!!!!! No problems printing this one, I was worried I wouldn't be able to print it since I couldn't get the last song one to print from any pc, but this one printed first time no problem like previous ones.

I actually want this one too..
Old 08-31-10, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So there is only going to be one?

I thought re-releases where you had to enter a UPC to get a coupon, it was an upgrade coupon and then there was still the general Disney coupon for anyone, even if they never owned the regular DVD.

That was what happened with both Toy Storys and, I thought, why so many people have commented on these Disney re-releases on blu being great deals and almost free.

Am I mistaken?
Old 08-31-10, 12:23 PM

I don't remember if there was a coupon for Toy Story 1/2 that was available to everybody or not. I know there was a coupon if you entered the UPCs on Disney Movie Rewards, so this is the same deal. Disney also offers $8 upgrade coupons if you mail in your UPC. Not sure if they have it for this title, yet, or not. But this is a better deal, and you don't have to cut out your UPC. For those that don't have the DVD, that's why people post the UPC #'s in the forums. Create a DMR account, put in the UPC, and you're set, whether or not you own the DVD. All you need is the one coupon, as you can't stack them. The almost great deals for TS 1/2 were with pre-order deals along with Princess & and Frog. Other people are looking at similar deals by pre-ordering Tinkerbell, or you can wait and pre-order Toy Story 3 and get $10 off BatB. So if BatB is $24.99 at TRU on release week, you'll get it for $24.99 - $10 coupon - $10 TS3 discount = $4.99. Then when TS3 comes out, you pick it up for $24.99 - $10 coupon = $14.99. So about $20 for the both of them. I'm sure other people are working on better deals, especially if you're pre-ordering Tinkerbell. But we also don't know the prices of those movies, yet, especially at TRU (which seems to have the better deals with the pre-order discount), so it's hard to tell what we'll actually be paying until then. Plus there are a bunch of Disney movies coming out in the last few months of the year (Prince of Persia, Tron, and Fantasia among them), so there may be some really good deals there.
Old 08-31-10, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by obidawsn
I don't remember if there was a coupon for Toy Story 1/2 that was available to everybody or not. I know there was a coupon if you entered the UPCs on Disney Movie Rewards, so this is the same deal. Disney also offers $8 upgrade coupons if you mail in your UPC. Not sure if they have it for this title, yet, or not. But this is a better deal, and you don't have to cut out your UPC. For those that don't have the DVD, that's why people post the UPC #'s in the forums. Create a DMR account, put in the UPC, and you're set, whether or not you own the DVD. All you need is the one coupon, as you can't stack them. The almost great deals for TS 1/2 were with pre-order deals along with Princess & and Frog. Other people are looking at similar deals by pre-ordering Tinkerbell, or you can wait and pre-order Toy Story 3 and get $10 off BatB.
I had no problem getting the coupon but...

I'm pretty positive that I had 2 coupons when I bought both Toy Story blus and only paid like $4.

There was the UPC upgrade coupon for $10 like this one and a regular coupon for each blu for just the movies that anyone could use, whether you were upgrading or not (or using other people's posted UPCs or not).

I'm not complaining, but I'm certain that's what it was. And doesn't Disney wait until almost the release day for the "general" coupon? I'm just wondering if there might be more to come from Disney w/o having to mail anything in (which I never do).
Old 08-31-10, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
So there is only going to be one?

I thought re-releases where you had to enter a UPC to get a coupon, it was an upgrade coupon and then there was still the general Disney coupon for anyone, even if they never owned the regular DVD.

That was what happened with both Toy Storys and, I thought, why so many people have commented on these Disney re-releases on blu being great deals and almost free.

Am I mistaken?
If I remember there was a $10 upgrade... $5 general... and the $8 upgrade by mail if you actually owned the old version. I'm pretty sure allot of people frowned upon using more than 1 per title though and YMMV but most stores will probably say one each.. I have a hard enough time using 1 coupon at some stores.

Anyway, I got both Toy Story 1 & 2 for $5.xx total including tax and princess and the frog for 11.99 + tax just using one coupon each title.

I had my original $5 Toy Story coupons but I used the $10 ones instead.. I didn't try to combine them... would have brought my total into the negative anyway and I dunno but I don't think TRU would have paid me to take the movies home.
Old 08-31-10, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

There was also a coupon (or discount) if you bought both TS 1 & 2. I can't remember, but this may have depended on where you purchased it. I wound up getting both Blu-ray combos for 92 cents at TRU.
Old 08-31-10, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by komsik
If I remember there was a $10 upgrade... $5 general... and the $8 upgrade by mail if you actually owned the old version. I'm pretty sure allot of people frowned upon using more than 1 per title though and YMMV but most stores will probably say one each.. I have a hard enough time using 1 coupon at some stores.

Anyway, I got both Toy Story 1 & 2 for $5.xx total including tax and princess and the frog for 11.99 + tax just using one coupon each title.

I had my original $5 Toy Story coupons but I used the $10 ones instead.. I didn't try to combine them... would have brought my total into the negative anyway and I dunno but I don't think TRU would have paid me to take the movies home.
Thanks. I thought there was a general but didn't know if I was misremembering. My Best Buy will take both coupons and October is just a brutal month so every dollar counts.
Old 08-31-10, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Got it, thanks OP!

Regarding Toy Story. There was the $10 upgrade coupon and 2 $5 coupons..and if you bought them both at Target, you saved an extra $8.. I paid $6 out of pocket, and had 2 free tickets to see Toy Story 3.. An excellent deal that was!
Old 08-31-10, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkzahn
Thanks - got mine. Now to wait out and see how it compares to the Amazon hold I have....
Ditto.
Old 08-31-10, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm pumped for this release. Disney always puts out such a great product.
Old 09-01-10, 06:20 AM

I think I do remember that $5 coupon, now, and I remember people trying to use both of them. But most stores won't accept 2 coupons per item, as their register won't even accept it. There may be a way for the cashier to push it, but why would they risk getting in trouble for taking 2 coupons. Then there's the ethical question, even if they would take both.

With that said, I guess you weren't wrong about their being two coupons, but this $10 one is the only one you'll need if you're only going to buy 1 copy (maybe even 2 if you hit backspace and reprint the coupon, as you should be able to do...I may think about doing that to use as Christmas gifts, which is what I did last year for some Disney movies, especially with that $5 Target coupon).
Old 09-01-10, 07:05 AM

With all of the coupons deals I have been through, I can't recall which were used as Target - they did take two coupons for an item. They were allowed to accept 1 mfg coupon and 1 Target coupon per item. Unless you were lucky, they were not supposed to take more than 1 mfg coupon (like Disney did with TS1 & TS2 - upgrade coupon and normal coupon). Target even had displays/signs at the register indicating this. I believe it was Monsters, Inc. that you could use the Target coupon and Disney coupon.

Originally Posted by obidawsn
I think I do remember that $5 coupon, now, and I remember people trying to use both of them. But most stores won't accept 2 coupons per item, as their register won't even accept it. There may be a way for the cashier to push it, but why would they risk getting in trouble for taking 2 coupons. Then there's the ethical question, even if they would take both.

With that said, I guess you weren't wrong about their being two coupons, but this $10 one is the only one you'll need if you're only going to buy 1 copy (maybe even 2 if you hit backspace and reprint the coupon, as you should be able to do...I may think about doing that to use as Christmas gifts, which is what I did last year for some Disney movies, especially with that $5 Target coupon).
Old 09-01-10, 08:15 AM

The toys 'r us I went to to buy Toy Story 1+2 had no problem taking multiple manufacturers coupons for each item as long as they weren't 2 of the same on one item.
Old 09-01-10, 09:08 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Sweet! I need this a month early
Old 09-01-10, 09:40 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Do we know about the release pricing yet? I took that Amazon deal and pre-ordered Beauty and the Beast and the next Tinkerbell movie for $27. I'm wondering with the coupons if we'll be able to get better than $13.50 for Beauty.
Old 09-01-10, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Do we know about the release pricing yet? I took that Amazon deal and pre-ordered Beauty and the Beast and the next Tinkerbell movie for $27. I'm wondering with the coupons if we'll be able to get better than $13.50 for Beauty.
..and that's no tax and no gas cost

Technically its $14.99.

Last edited by nycdude; 09-01-10 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-01-10, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts

Just got an email about the upgrade/coupon. Sweet
Old 09-01-10, 04:30 PM

I went through the process last night and was given a link to the coupon. I clicked on print coupon but
was not able to use the printer. I figured I'd come back today and do it. I go in now and it says I've redeemed it. Anyone have an idea how to recover it?
Old 09-01-10, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by mw390
I went through the process last night and was given a link to the coupon. I clicked on print coupon but
was not able to use the printer. I figured I'd come back today and do it. I go in now and it says I've redeemed it. Anyone have an idea how to recover it?
Open another DMR account?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.