Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Beauty and the Beast $10 coupon live

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-10, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Beauty and the Beast $10 coupon live

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
available at all 6 of my local Best Buys according to the online indicator. personally saw at 3 stores in the last two days.
well All the L.A. best buys are totally out, even though a few online say instock. and all the ones in tampa bay area of florida are out, cause i have friends back home who have not been able to find any.

Not to mention all the people on various forums including dvdtalk and others who have complained they have been sold out since sunday or monday.
maybe you are lucky enough to live in a area where people dont care as much.
and i will say it again i said MOST not all.
Old 09-10-10, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Someone pointed out in another thread that these are available online for pick up or delivery:

Ironpack
the westwood ca store says it was instock a co worker orderd it last night around midnight got a email back this morning saying it was not actually instock. so he switched to delivery
Old 09-30-10, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ugh, my printer ran out of ink and I think my coupon will be unusable. Has anyone had success getting Disney to send a new copy if you email?
Old 09-30-10, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks like Disney has released another $10 coupon that doesn't require an upgrade. Anyone know if it's kosher to stack this with the upgrade coupon?

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...w-coupon_print
Old 09-30-10, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Looks like Disney has released another $10 coupon that doesn't require an upgrade. Anyone know if it's kosher to stack this with the upgrade coupon?

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...w-coupon_print
That depends, is it at all worded differently from the other coupon? You might be able to, BUT it would definitely be YMMV. I was hoping the coupon would be for $8 like the coupons for TS 1&2 was for just buying them. Most were able to use both the 10$ upgrade and the $8 off at that time. We might have a harder time convincing someone depending on the wording that these are different coupons otherwise.
Old 09-30-10, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
That depends, is it at all worded differently from the other coupon? You might be able to, BUT it would definitely be YMMV. I was hoping the coupon would be for $8 like the coupons for TS 1&2 was for just buying them. Most were able to use both the 10$ upgrade and the $8 off at that time. We might have a harder time convincing someone depending on the wording that these are different coupons otherwise.
I won't be sure until i print out the new one at home and compare. There's probably some disclaimer in the fine print about only using one of 'em. If so, that's fine, $15 is a great price for this release.
Old 09-30-10, 10:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The coupons look identical with the exception of a few items.

- The expiration date on first coupon is 10/9/2010 vs 10/12/2010 on new coupon.
- The lower right-hand text on the new coupon states "Limit: one coupon per specified item purchased" vs the older coupon saying nothing about coupon limits.
- The lower left-hand bar code numbers are identical on both coupons (implying same coupon, different terms and exp date). BUT, the upper right-hand numeric code is different.

So, it seems like this might be a replacement coupon for the original one that a) gives 3 more days of usage, but b) makes it harder to combine any other discounts or coupons if using it.
Old 09-30-10, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jfunk1

- The lower right-hand text on the new coupon states "Limit: one coupon per specified item purchased" vs the older coupon saying nothing about coupon limits.
- The lower left-hand bar code numbers are identical on both coupons (implying same coupon, different terms and exp date). BUT, the upper right-hand numeric code is different.

So, it seems like this might be a replacement coupon for the original one that a) gives 3 more days of usage, but b) makes it harder to combine any other discounts or coupons if using it.
I'm hopefully gonna be able to take it in to toys r us and get them to use both. They usually have no problems with stacking coupons.
Old 09-30-10, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone else having trouble logging in into their Disney Rewards account? I can no longer log in using the same email address and password I always use. And when I try to recover the password it says no match for the email address. I know it's correct because I saved the info in a password saving app. And I have Disney Reward emails to that address so I know it's correct.
Old 09-30-10, 12:21 PM

If you get both coupons to work, then you are very lucky to have a dumb cashier. They're not supposed to stack at all. It would be no different than taking a stack of 50 cent toothpaste coupons and buying one tube of toothpaste.

BTW, it looks like Beauty and the Beast may also come with a free movie ticket to see the new Disney film, Tangled. It's being promoted that way at Wal-mart, and I doubt it's an exclusive with them, but it could be.
Old 09-30-10, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwstl
Anyone else having trouble logging in into their Disney Rewards account? I can no longer log in using the same email address and password I always use. And when I try to recover the password it says no match for the email address. I know it's correct because I saved the info in a password saving app. And I have Disney Reward emails to that address so I know it's correct.
I just logged in without issue...
Old 09-30-10, 12:25 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by obidawsn
If you get both coupons to work, then you are very lucky to have a dumb cashier. They're not supposed to stack at all. It would be no different than taking a stack of 50 cent toothpaste coupons and buying one tube of toothpaste.

BTW, it looks like Beauty and the Beast may also come with a free movie ticket to see the new Disney film, Tangled. It's being promoted that way at Wal-mart, and I doubt it's an exclusive with them, but it could be.
It's their exclusive
Old 09-30-10, 01:34 PM

The older coupon also says "Limit one coupon per specified item purchased." Just in a different spot.
Old 09-30-10, 02:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by basketb
The older coupon also says "Limit one coupon per specified item purchased." Just in a different spot.
Good catch. That likely shuts the door on any hope that both coupons will stack.
Old 09-30-10, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good catch. That likely shuts the door on any hope that both coupons will stack.
Like that's going to stop people from trying....
Old 09-30-10, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Like that's going to stop people from trying....
and they will cry like babies when it doesn't work...
Old 09-30-10, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by juanmgonzalez
and they will cry like babies when it doesn't work...

You are right though, this thread is going to multiply x 10 next week with success stories and even more "Best Buy Drones", "Dumb Ass", or whatever comments about people who work retail.
Old 09-30-10, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My BB is great about coupons and everything else, so, although I know I could get the right girl to accept both, there is no way I'm going to try it.

As was mentioned, if it was an $5 or $8 general use coupon for people who aren't upgrading but just buying it for the first time (or at least targeted at them), I would use both as I have in the past.

No way I'm taking advantage of the people who take great care of me or going someplace else and confusing some poor old lady used to selling board games into giving me $20 off.

It sucks being a 40 year old married father of two. I have a conscience now. It's all downhill from here.
Old 10-01-10, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone know what Wal-Mart is charging for this yet?
Old 10-01-10, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

- The lower left-hand bar code numbers are identical on both coupons
Don't know much about the register computers, but this right here should automatically cause it not to work. So unless you get someone who does not care or one is able to convince them that the one was given to people upgrading and the other is for anyone in general and they accept it. Otherwise this is not what almost everyone here would consider stacking, but using 2 of the same coupon.

The cynic in me wonders if Disney caught on after the Toy Story blu's earlier this year having both the $10 and the $8 which at least the various TRU I went to did not even think twice about since the register took them without any override needed since they were different and what is definitely stacking.
Old 10-01-10, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TOLEN
Does anyone know what Wal-Mart is charging for this yet?
Considering just about every Walmart prices things differently, I don't think you will find a definitive answer to this question....probably best to visit your own local store on Tuesday...
Old 10-01-10, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by wormraper
It's their exclusive
Anything to confirm this? I highly doubt it, as the movie tickets are usually packaged with the blu-ray. And, if it's like TS1 & TS2, you only get it by entering the Disney rewards code onto their website and the ticket to print.

I also read that BatB may be $22.99 at TRU, but of course we won't know for sure until we see the ad. If it is, it may cause problems with the $10 discount by ordering TS3 if you already pre-ordered BatB. Logically it shouldn't, but it's possible your $5 deposit will make the register think the movie is $17.99 keeping you from doing the $10 discount.
Old 10-01-10, 02:57 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by obidawsn
Anything to confirm this? I highly doubt it, as the movie tickets are usually packaged with the blu-ray. And, if it's like TS1 & TS2, you only get it by entering the Disney rewards code onto their website and the ticket to print.

I also read that BatB may be $22.99 at TRU, but of course we won't know for sure until we see the ad. If it is, it may cause problems with the $10 discount by ordering TS3 if you already pre-ordered BatB. Logically it shouldn't, but it's possible your $5 deposit will make the register think the movie is $17.99 keeping you from doing the $10 discount.
just return your pre-order before picking up BatB at customer service. I always return my pre-orders right afterwards
Old 10-02-10, 02:22 PM

can someone help me! i am trying to get my beauty and the beast coupon and i install the coupon printer thing and nothing shows up! i dunno why it doesnt work but its being a pain in the ass
Old 10-02-10, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just canceled my pre order, and plan on giving my coupon away, dont need them now.
i recieved a free copy of the combo today, when i attended the beauty and the beast bluray/dvd release premierw at the el capitan. Plus i got my iron pack case (i brought with me ) signed by robbie benson and paige ohare. The movie looked awesome on screen. Iam going to explore the special features after dinner

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.