Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Now Alive!!!)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Now Alive!!!)

Old 06-06-10, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Now Alive!!!)

Originally Posted by WMAangel

OK greedy...sorry you can't handle being called out on your fraud and have to resort to deflecting criticism with an attempted change in subject....
You know, some of us actually appreciate these discount offers, use them as intended and would like to see them continue....and then there are those who give a damn about nothing but finding illegitimate ways to save a couple bucks....I'm guessing you and iNCREDiPiNOY would be great pals!
So keep right on boasting about it, and when Disney decides to stop with their coupons due to these continued abuses, at least we will know exactly who to blame...
Read my post again. I wasn't boasting or bragging. You are the only one that wants to continue derailing this thread. From now on I'll send you a PM before I post anything, so that you can approve it first.

I'm curious why you haven't jumped all over the people in this thread that bought the 1-disc blu-ray with the coupon? I guess it's easy to pick and choose your battles when they are as ridiculous as this. Or do you just hate dvd that much?
Old 06-06-10, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Went the BJ's route and got it for $7.99 after all coupons and discounts.
Did the same today as well.

$28.99 (3-disc blu-ray) - $3 (instant rebate) + $3.29 (32-pack water) - $8 (water/blu-ray combo coupon) - $10 (disney coupon) = $7.99 for blu-ray + $3.29 for water.

Never seen it, but $7.99 seemed like a decent price.
Old 06-06-10, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Perfect Tommy
Is it that you don't want to install the software, or even with it installed you can't print it?

I have it installed and meet all the requirements they have listed, but still cannot print the coupon. I couldn't print the Toy Story 1 and 2 coupons a few weeks ago either.

Anyone else?

*Update for anyone who cares or had the same problem.

After all the emails to Disney (and a few to coupons.com) they finally pointed me to the "help" link on the "ready to print" page where I can submit my info to have the coupon mailed to me. Of course when I was at BB today they had the three disc set for $34.99, so, I should have just bought it day one.

When does this thing expire?
Old 06-06-10, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Perfect Tommy
*Update for anyone who cares or had the same problem.

After all the emails to Disney (and a few to coupons.com) they finally pointed me to the "help" link on the "ready to print" page where I can submit my info to have the coupon mailed to me. Of course when I was at BB today they had the three disc set for $34.99, so, I should have just bought it day one.

When does this thing expire?
Tommy - next time, just PM me when you need one of these coupons. Since the majority of them use the coupons.com printing software, the consumer can actually print out two, unique coupons, which is what I usually do and give away the second one. Since I'm in Portland as well, I can drop the second one in the mail to you and you'll have it in a day or two at most. HTH.
Old 06-07-10, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by bwsmom
Tommy - next time, just PM me when you need one of these coupons. Since the majority of them use the coupons.com printing software, the consumer can actually print out two, unique coupons, which is what I usually do and give away the second one. Since I'm in Portland as well, I can drop the second one in the mail to you and you'll have it in a day or two at most. HTH.
Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate the offer. If I still can't get the software to print in the future I'll get in touch.
Old 06-07-10, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
Read my post again. I wasn't boasting or bragging.
Decided to try out the coupon on the dvd at Walmart. Pointed out to the cashier that it was for blu-ray, but she didn't care. I wasn't going to buy the movie after poor reviews, but for $7 ($4 more than a rental) why not?
Please, by all means, tell us then what the point actually is....what other point could there possibly be other than "look at how cheap I got the DVD by illegitimately using this coupon, almost for just rental cost!"

I'm curious why you haven't jumped all over the people in this thread that bought the 1-disc blu-ray with the coupon?
I have already said I think it is BS, but your post was even more egregious and a more blatant abuse in that you didn't even use it on the same format, which is really what inspired the initial response....

I guess it's easy to pick and choose your battles when they are as ridiculous as this. Or do you just hate dvd that much?
Ah yes, it is so ridiculous to want these coupons to continue and not be eliminated due to continued fraudulent use...
And all due to my seething DVD hatred! I hate them so much I'm going to buy the seventh season of Curb Your Enthusiasm tomorrow and curse at each disc repeatedly during the drive back home....
Old 06-07-10, 10:49 AM
Suspended

Please, by all means, tell us then what the point actually is....what other point could there possibly be other than "look at how cheap I got the DVD by illegitimately using this coupon, almost for just rental cost!"
Isn't that the entire point of these threads? Hundreds of posts, of which only about 5 were informative. The remainder were "I got it for $xx" posts.

Ah yes, it is so ridiculous to want these coupons to continue and not be eliminated due to continued fraudulent use...
Actually, it IS ridiculous to think that Disney is going to discontinue issuing coupons over the fact that 0.01% of the purchases were done by PMing and using a coupon. Manufacturers are WELL AWARE that there will be cashiers who make mistakes and "demon customers" (to coin Best Buy's term). Such a small percentage of people isn't going to affect them at all. However, if 5% of purchases were made to the single-disc edition, that's going to have more of an impact to them. Based on what I've read on various threads, there are more than 10 times as many people using the 1-disc "loophole" than PMing.

If anything it's the RETAILERS that will look at abuse and consider not participating in coupon use. But at the same time, when you factor in how many people had problems using the coupons at Best Buy, it seems that the damage was done long before this.
Old 06-07-10, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

As fidodido said, my post's intent was no different than 80% of the other posts in the thread (and others just like it).

I have already said I think it is BS, but your post was even more egregious and a more blatant abuse in that you didn't even use it on the same format, which is really what inspired the initial response....
Couldn't find a better defense for singling me out of the crowd?

And all due to my seething DVD hatred! I hate them so much I'm going to buy the seventh season of Curb Your Enthusiasm tomorrow and curse at each disc repeatedly during the drive back home....
Did I mention I murdered the cashier?

I'm done feeding the troll. You can continue shitting all over this thread, but you're starting to look pathetic. HAVE FUN!!!
Old 06-13-10, 08:02 PM

why oh why can't we all just get along?!?!?!??
Old 12-04-10, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Any one hear if Disney might throw us a 10.00 upgrade coupon for the 3D version of Alice comming on tuesday.