Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Now Alive!!!)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Now Alive!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-10, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Alice in Wonderland $10 Coupon (Now Alive!!!)

Originally Posted by Eric D.
It took three people and ten minutes for my Best Buy to let me use the coupon. Fucking ridiculous. Not to mention they had me stand off to the side as they rang up other customers while trying to figure out what to do with the coupon. It was as if I had given them a rock from Mars. The funny thing is that I've used other Disney coupons at the same store in the past and never had a problem until today. In the end, they had rung me up three times until everything went through.
Your really nice. I never moved to the side. Call me what you will or want. I was there fix the problem, if not get someone. If you move to the side your not high on there list.

The guy with the coupon. If I am not going to buy it and see someone looking I will give it to them. I also have at any given time 10% Lowes coupons on me. I hand those out when in line.
Old 06-04-10, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Here's another $5 coupon from coupon.com. Expires June 30, 2010. These can be uses on Single or Combo Pack. No DRM account required.

http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?...=DS&p=uyNWCm5w
Old 06-04-10, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best Buy shot me down using the $10 coupon on the 1-disk release, so I grabbed their ad, and went across the street to Target where they matched and applied the coupon. She studied both the ad and the coupon, but didn't even question that the combo was pictured on the coupon. $11.19 out the door. I'm usually all about the combo packs, but I just want to see this movie for as cheap as possible to see if I even like it.

I've NEVER had problems at Best Buy until recently.
Old 06-04-10, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
And the ridiculous thing about it is that it's a completely LEGITIMATE coupon!! They can pull up the friggin' page for themselves on one of the umpteen working computers in the store! I just don't get why some retailers insist on shooting themselves in the foot over stuff like this... makes no sense...
Old 06-04-10, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't know, my coupon specifically stated it was good only for the combo. Disney doesn't need to do this and BB and Target have always been good to me, so I would feel wrong even trying it on the 1 disc because Disney might not pay.

From what I've read, some have said that they've taken a combo coupon in the past, so they should now. Getting away with it once doesn't make it right in my book.
Old 06-04-10, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by bwsmom
And the ridiculous thing about it is that it's a completely LEGITIMATE coupon!! They can pull up the friggin' page for themselves on one of the umpteen working computers in the store! I just don't get why some retailers insist on shooting themselves in the foot over stuff like this... makes no sense...
LOL, your comment is oozing with sarcasm :P
Old 06-05-10, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Best Buy shot me down using the $10 coupon on the 1-disk release, so I grabbed their ad, and went across the street to Target where they matched and applied the coupon. She studied both the ad and the coupon, but didn't even question that the combo was pictured on the coupon. $11.19 out the door. I'm usually all about the combo packs, but I just want to see this movie for as cheap as possible to see if I even like it.

Which Michigan store did you go to, i went to the Westland Best Buy and had no problem getting the 1 disc blu, the cashier took the coupon and manually put it in with no problems.
Old 06-05-10, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnbook
Which Michigan store did you go to, i went to the Westland Best Buy and had no problem getting the 1 disc blu, the cashier took the coupon and manually put it in with no problems.
Chesterfield store.
Old 06-05-10, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Decided to try out the coupon on the dvd at Walmart. Pointed out to the cashier that it was for blu-ray, but she didn't care. I wasn't going to buy the movie after poor reviews, but for $7 ($4 more than a rental) why not?

Thanks for the coupon OP.
Old 06-05-10, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
Decided to try out the coupon on the dvd at Walmart. Pointed out to the cashier that it was for blu-ray, but she didn't care. I wasn't going to buy the movie after poor reviews, but for $7 ($4 more than a rental) why not?

Come on people....whether or not the cashier takes the coupon doesn't mean you should be trying to use it for which it is not intended for in the first place (it's called fraud, and it states that right in the terms on the front of it).....and then if you DO decide to do that, maybe just keep it to yourself and have the decency not to go bragging all about it on the internet...

I swear, the more times I read posts from people "getting one over" on the store or Disney by buying the DVD or single BD version instead of the specified combo pack, the greater risk we run of these coupons being discontinued later on due to the continued abuse....
Old 06-05-10, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by WMAangel

Come on people....whether or not the cashier takes the coupon doesn't mean you should be trying to use it for which it is not intended for in the first place (it's called fraud, and it states that right in the terms on the front of it).....and then if you DO decide to do that, maybe just keep it to yourself and have the decency not to go bragging all about it on the internet...

I swear, the more times I read posts from people "getting one over" on the store or Disney by buying the DVD or single BD version instead of the specified combo pack, the greater risk we run of these coupons being discontinued later on due to the continued abuse....
It's a nice day outside, you should get some fresh air.
Old 06-05-10, 09:30 PM

LOL, he's right though. The more these coupons are misused, the more chance we have of Disney discontinuing them.
Old 06-05-10, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by vmars
LOL, he's right though. The more these coupons are misused, the more chance we have of Disney discontinuing them.
It would be nice if they just reduced the MSRP on these overpriced blu-rays so we didn't need a $10 coupon to get a reasonable price!
Old 06-05-10, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm happy with $12.28 out the door for the combo pack and 32 bottles of water at BJ's.
Old 06-06-10, 01:02 AM
Cool New Member

ARRRRRRGGGG!!! At Costco today and tried to use the $10 off coupon. No luck. "Sorry, we don't take coupons printed on a home computer." Ok, whatever. I'm only spending $302 anyway so I understand you don't want to honor my valid $10 coupon. Whatever. I go to Best Buy. Wander around for a while browsing. Get up to the cashier and she says, "umm, this is a problem. We can't take printed coupons." WTF?! She claims someone falsified coupons for free playstations and a bunch of people walked off with free playstations. Well, geez, maybe perhaps someone should have looked into that before letting people walk away with them. I mean really, what ra-tard thinks there are coupons for FREE Playstations?! Well, they fooled our computer scanners even. Okay, impressive frauds, I get that. But this is from Disney lady! "Sorry," But then she whispers, "Wal-Mart will take them." Wink. Wink. Fine. I'll buy the other stuff I was going to buy here at Wal-Mart. Thank you. Walked out leaving a few DVD's and Blu Rays behind. Now I'm steaming and I also have three girls under the age of 11 in tow with me whom I have promised that we can watch Alice in Wonderland on Blu Ray tonight. Off to Wal-Mart. They took the coupon without a problem. In fact the checkout clerk wanted me to give her the web site for it as she thought she could use the coupon with her employee discount. I just told her to check on Disney Rewards web site. Hope she finds it. Moral of the story is staying away from Best Buy and Costco with future coupons.
Old 06-06-10, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mrmooseesq
WTF?! She claims someone falsified coupons for free playstations and a bunch of people walked off with free playstations. Well, geez, maybe perhaps someone should have looked into that before letting people walk away with them.
Incidentally, don't suppose you have a link to those free Playstation 3 coupons?
Old 06-06-10, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by mrmooseesq
ARRRRRRGGGG!!! At Costco today and tried to use the $10 off coupon. No luck. "Sorry, we don't take coupons printed on a home computer." Ok, whatever. I'm only spending $302 anyway so I understand you don't want to honor my valid $10 coupon. Whatever. I go to Best Buy. Wander around for a while browsing. Get up to the cashier and she says, "umm, this is a problem. We can't take printed coupons." WTF?! She claims someone falsified coupons for free playstations and a bunch of people walked off with free playstations. Well, geez, maybe perhaps someone should have looked into that before letting people walk away with them. I mean really, what ra-tard thinks there are coupons for FREE Playstations?! Well, they fooled our computer scanners even. Okay, impressive frauds, I get that. But this is from Disney lady! "Sorry," But then she whispers, "Wal-Mart will take them." Wink. Wink. Fine. I'll buy the other stuff I was going to buy here at Wal-Mart. Thank you. Walked out leaving a few DVD's and Blu Rays behind. Now I'm steaming and I also have three girls under the age of 11 in tow with me whom I have promised that we can watch Alice in Wonderland on Blu Ray tonight. Off to Wal-Mart. They took the coupon without a problem. In fact the checkout clerk wanted me to give her the web site for it as she thought she could use the coupon with her employee discount. I just told her to check on Disney Rewards web site. Hope she finds it. Moral of the story is staying away from Best Buy and Costco with future coupons.

Costco only ever take their own coupons and no one else's. I have to call bullshit on the whole free Playstation coupon. Best Buy has some very dumb people working there but they would have to be the braindead to believe there is a valid free Playstation coupon anywhere. Best thing to do is ask customer service beforehand if they will honor it before you waste time getting the item, standing in line, and then try to use it when you get ready to pay. Right off the bat if they say no, just go somewhere else. Saves everyone a lot of time and stress.
Old 06-06-10, 03:11 AM

ALIVE AGAIN!!!! $14.99 @ Fry.com

http://www.frys.com/product/6243350

Now I can go back to Best Buy for pricematch.

Since it doesn't mention "after coupon" but its "after (instant) saving."

Whoever got it for $4.99 after $10 coupon then good for you but YMMV.
Old 06-06-10, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY
ALIVE AGAIN!!!! $14.99 @ Fry.com

http://www.frys.com/product/6243350

Now I can go back to Best Buy for pricematch.

Since it doesn't mention "after coupon" but its "after (instant) saving."

Whoever got it for $4.99 after $10 coupon then good for you but YMMV.
You must have a unique Best Buy that will pricematch to Fry's web site. Normally to do this you would need a printed ad. Now if it were in Fry's printed ad, I'd certainly try to get a price adjustment from Target. Has anyone checked Fry's in store price without coupon on the combo pack? I wouldn't be surprised to see it's still $24.99 and Fry's would probably refuse to PM their own website. So, this unfortunately only appears to be useful to people who don't have a $10 off coupon and want to order online with in-store pickup (shipping is high)... or if you have these magical fabled Best Buy stores that will PM a website w/o a printed ad.
Old 06-06-10, 12:02 PM

Found a solution @ Best Buy Forum that most B&M stores won't honored both pm + mfr cpn even BB Teams said they should've accepted both. In this case, Melissa is in charge of dealing pricematch & coupons. So if you have any problem with your store, just contact her through private message via Best Buy Forum then she'll call the store to get it resolved.

Last edited by iNCREDiPiNOY; 06-06-10 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-06-10, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Went the BJ's route and got it for $7.99 after all coupons and discounts.
Old 06-06-10, 02:24 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by izatright
Incidentally, don't suppose you have a link to those free Playstation 3 coupons?
Wish I did!
Old 06-06-10, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Costco has the combo for around $25-$26, with a special offer of $10 off another Disney title.
Old 06-06-10, 03:03 PM

Success!!!

Paid $5+tax out to door.
Old 06-06-10, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

OK greedy...sorry you can't handle being called out on your fraud and have to resort to deflecting criticism with an attempted change in subject....
You know, some of us actually appreciate these discount offers, use them as intended and would like to see them continue....and then there are those who give a damn about nothing but finding illegitimate ways to save a couple bucks....I'm guessing you and iNCREDiPiNOY would be great pals!
So keep right on boasting about it, and when Disney decides to stop with their coupons due to these continued abuses, at least we will know exactly who to blame...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.