Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Old 05-31-10, 01:17 PM
  #26  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Somewhere out there... YES THERE!!!
Posts: 7,936
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by obidawsn View Post
I was considering that. I didn't think Alice in Wonderland was that great of a movie. It was OK, but I'm debating on if I would even watch it, again. Having a child with tons of toys that take batteries, I could always use them. Plus Meijer just opened a new store in my town and offering a $5 off $30 coupon for all purchases (you can even keep the coupon to continue using). It would be nice if I could somehow use the $5 off before they take the $10 off, but I doubt that will work. I can probably find something for a couple of bucks to throw in, though.
8 bucks you really can't go wrong. Worst case if you decide you don't want it before opening it you can ebay it for 20 bucks maybe more easily, if you open it first you can ebay it for 20 bucks maybe more easily lol (the majority of ebay people don't give a crap and will pay the same opened as they would sealed.)
glassdragon is offline  
Old 05-31-10, 01:35 PM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 669
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by vmars View Post
Just try it, it will be the same price as the regular combo pack all week. Just point out to them that it's the combo pack and they are the same price.
That's kind of a gamble to take to go out in the middle of the night just to buy this release, only to be rejected by a know-it-all associate and/or manager.
mraw is offline  
Old 05-31-10, 07:03 PM
  #28  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
The Monkees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,983
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Anyone know how much the Combo pack will be at Wal-Mart, I was thinking about going after midnight and picking it up if it's the same price.

Their site has it listed at $24.96 but I don't know if that will be the in store price. Also, has anyone had any problems using coupons at Wal-Mart?

Last edited by The Monkees; 05-31-10 at 07:05 PM.
The Monkees is offline  
Old 05-31-10, 07:25 PM
  #29  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by The Monkees View Post
Anyone know how much the Combo pack will be at Wal-Mart, I was thinking about going after midnight and picking it up if it's the same price.

Their site has it listed at $24.96 but I don't know if that will be the in store price. Also, has anyone had any problems using coupons at Wal-Mart?
It all depends on the Walmart store itself. They seem to vary in price between stores. I've used these coupons there before, they usually have to call a manager over though. It's all up to the stores discretion.
vmars is offline  
Old 05-31-10, 08:25 PM
  #30  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
The Monkees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,983
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by vmars View Post
It all depends on the Walmart store itself. They seem to vary in price between stores. I've used these coupons there before, they usually have to call a manager over though. It's all up to the stores discretion.
I'll probably hit up the Wal-Mart tonight and see what the price is. I don't really care about getting cards or whatever with the BB exclusive.
The Monkees is offline  
Old 05-31-10, 08:32 PM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by The Monkees View Post
I'll probably hit up the Wal-Mart tonight and see what the price is. I don't really care about getting cards or whatever with the BB exclusive.
Please post on here if you do go, would love to know what the price is.
vmars is offline  
Old 05-31-10, 08:52 PM
  #32  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
The Monkees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,983
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by vmars View Post
Please post on here if you do go, would love to know what the price is.
Will do
The Monkees is offline  
Old 05-31-10, 10:31 PM
  #33  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,594
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

yes, please post pics... I'd like to see the packaging.
NiCK Crush is offline  
Old 05-31-10, 10:38 PM
  #34  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
yes, please post pics... I'd like to see the packaging.
There are pictures of the packaging in the review of it.
vmars is offline  
Old 05-31-10, 10:58 PM
  #35  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
The Monkees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,983
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Is it supposed to be different packaging? I thought it would be around the same thing as Snow White
The Monkees is offline  
Old 05-31-10, 11:13 PM
  #36  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by The Monkees View Post
Is it supposed to be different packaging? I thought it would be around the same thing as Snow White
What do you mean?
vmars is offline  
Old 05-31-10, 11:23 PM
  #37  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
The Monkees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,983
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by vmars View Post
What do you mean?
Someone asked about posting pictures of the packaging, I was curious why they wanted to know since I assume it's regular 3 disc packaging like Snow White.
The Monkees is offline  
Old 05-31-10, 11:27 PM
  #38  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by The Monkees View Post
Someone asked about posting pictures of the packaging, I was curious why they wanted to know since I assume it's regular 3 disc packaging like Snow White.
Oh lol, yeah, it's the same 3 disc blu-ray packaging that most studios use.
vmars is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 12:15 AM
  #39  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Central California
Posts: 257
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

What's this? No one on the east coast has tried the two-discount double dip?

Does BB honor its $5 discount and the $10 disney.com coupon?

Last edited by Lije Baley; 06-01-10 at 12:17 AM.
Lije Baley is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 01:23 AM
  #40  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Somewhere out there... YES THERE!!!
Posts: 7,936
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

i just got it from meijer tonight. 3 disc bd edition for 22 bucks with the movie, and 2 10 packs of Duracell batteries (12 themselves) using the 10 dollar on batteries deal and the 10 dollar disney coupon.
glassdragon is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 01:56 AM
  #41  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 402
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by Lije Baley View Post
What's this? No one on the east coast has tried the two-discount double dip?

Does BB honor its $5 discount and the $10 disney.com coupon?
Yes. I just came back from BB tonight, and it cost me $12 + tax.

TLK
The Lizard King is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 02:11 AM
  #42  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
The Monkees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,983
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by glassdragon View Post
i just got it from meijer tonight. 3 disc bd edition for 22 bucks with the movie, and 2 10 packs of Duracell batteries (12 themselves) using the 10 dollar on batteries deal and the 10 dollar disney coupon.
Well I'm a little irritated. Was it marked $22 or $37. I went to one Wal-Mart and they didn't have their BDs out, just the DVDs. So just for the hell of it I went to another Wal-Mart and they wanted $29.96 for it. So I stopped in at Meijer and they wanted $36.99 for it. I didn't see a shelf tag or anything for it, so I just left. If this is the case I'll have to go back again tomorrow.

EDIT: I noticed you mentioned batteries, do you have to buy batteries to get it for $22?
The Monkees is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 02:39 AM
  #43  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,342
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Best Buy Exclusive:


Click here for more pictures.
snausages is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 02:40 AM
  #44  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Central California
Posts: 257
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Two things going on here. Meijer (or whoever) with batteries. Best Buy with midnight sale. Wal-Mart is not involved, AFAIK.

There were two of us at the local BB at midnight and three young women showed up seconds after the doors opened. Free posters all around. BB's standard Blu-Ray combo DVD pack was $27. The clerks said their $5 off only applied to the special BB combo pack (with miniature poster cards) which was tagged $35. Despite the tag, it's on sale for $27. With $5 off for midnight madness and $10 off with the disney coupon, the price was $12 plus sales tax on the original $27. Out the door for under $14.

Odd way to spend the witching hour.

Last edited by Lije Baley; 06-01-10 at 02:51 AM.
Lije Baley is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 07:46 AM
  #45  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,813
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by Lije Baley View Post
Two things going on here. Meijer (or whoever) with batteries. Best Buy with midnight sale. Wal-Mart is not involved, AFAIK.

There were two of us at the local BB at midnight and three young women showed up seconds after the doors opened. Free posters all around. BB's standard Blu-Ray combo DVD pack was $27. The clerks said their $5 off only applied to the special BB combo pack (with miniature poster cards) which was tagged $35. Despite the tag, it's on sale for $27. With $5 off for midnight madness and $10 off with the disney coupon, the price was $12 plus sales tax on the original $27. Out the door for under $14.

Odd way to spend the witching hour.
At least your store remembered to actually open. The Pasadena(TX) store couldn't even get that right. Only 1 of 4 in Texas doing the Midnight opening and only one in Houston area. Not even a sign on the doors saying there was a "change of plans". One guy I heard say he came from the Woodlands area - which would be about an hours drive.

This "special opening" really brought out the customers - your store had about 5-6 at store opening, while there where only a dozen or so waiting at my store - which did I mention "never opened". See if I/we ever do that again BB.

Glad it all worked out for you Lije Baley.
thejester is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 08:48 AM
  #46  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,396
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Apparently the Best Buy 'Keyhole' slip also includes Disney slip as well (it's a slip over a slip).
Gizmo is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 09:06 AM
  #47  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,132
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Apparently the Best Buy 'Keyhole' slip also includes Disney slip as well (it's a slip over a slip).
Good if you like slips, but that seems like overkill, doesn't it?
bookcase3 is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 09:07 AM
  #48  
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 12,962
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

For those near Fry's - the 3 disc SE is on sale for $24.99 - $10 coupon. So $14.99 plus tax. Interesting is that they are automatically taking the $10 off without a coupon.
E Unit is online now  
Old 06-01-10, 09:35 AM
  #49  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Relocated to Bot-Hell
Posts: 10,216
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Good for Fry's. It's a bit of an extra drive for me so may swing by Best Buy or Target and have them price match.
rexinnih is offline  
Old 06-01-10, 09:44 AM
  #50  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,266
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Where to Buy It?

Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
For those near Fry's - the 3 disc SE is on sale for $24.99 - $10 coupon. So $14.99 plus tax. Interesting is that they are automatically taking the $10 off without a coupon.
Not sure where you got your information. The ad clearly states that you NEED the coupon to get $10 off.
fidodido is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.