Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Question about the Avatar blu ray

Old 04-21-10, 11:09 AM

Question about the Avatar blu ray

I read the review in amazon about this movie, there are a lot of bad reviews about the release. People are saying this blu ray/dvd release has no extras, trailers or special features, just the movie only. They are saying there will be another blu ray coming out on Nov that will have extras, deleted screens, and 3D version. Can someone tell me if it is true?

Thanks,

http://www.amazon.com/Avatar-Two-Disc-Blu-ray-DVD-Combo/product-reviews/B002VPE1B6/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
Old 04-21-10, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Question about the Avatar blu ray

Yes, it has been mentioned in every other Avatar thread in this forum.
Old 04-21-10, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, it's true. The April 22 release is completely barebones, and there will be a four disc ultimate edition in November. Although apparently, if you buy the barebones disc, it will have a code to see some of the special features that will be on the ultimate edition at avatarmovie.com
Old 04-21-10, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by AlexOi View Post
I read the review in amazon about this movie, there are a lot of bad reviews about the release. People are saying this blu ray/dvd release has no extras, trailers or special features, just the movie only. They are saying there will be another blu ray coming out on Nov that will have extras, deleted screens, and 3D version. Can someone tell me if it is true?

Thanks,
Thats not true at all! I mean, cmon, do u really think a studio would release the BIGGEST movie of all time w/ no extras...and then re-release it again in about 6 months?? No such thing! There are TONS of extras on the disc, you just have to know the Konami code to unlock them.....
Old 04-21-10, 11:41 AM
Cool New Member

alot of people want the extras and all.so they will wait.for me i just wanted the movie for now.so i dont mind double dipping later,if they have a directors cut with extra scenes.especially with a discount code.geez its only 20-25 more bucks in november.and then sell the barebones dvd.and you gotta see the movie in blu-ray either way..its amazing.but everyone is different so its all up to you.
Old 04-21-10, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by AlexOi View Post

Thanks,

http://www.amazon.com/Avatar-Two-Disc-Blu-ray-DVD-Combo/product-reviews/B002VPE1B6/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
Here's the thread focusing on the Avatar Blu Ray and associated discussion.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/569...4-22-10-a.html

Discussion about titles, PQ, bonus features, upcoming releases (other than pricing and deal discussion) can be found in the forum linked above
Old 04-21-10, 04:30 PM
Banned

You're on the interenet. I'm sure wikipedia even has that info:

well hell...will you look at this? I was right.

WIkipedia:
20th Century Fox Home Entertainment will release the film on DVD and Blu-ray in the US on April 22, 2010[240] and in the UK on April 26.[241] The first DVD and Blu-ray release will not contain any supplemental features other than the theatrical film and the disk menu in favor of and to make space for the most optimal picture and sound. The release will also preserve the film's native 1.78:1 (16:9) format as Cameron felt that was the best format to watch the film.[242] While Cameron has stated that Avatar will be released in 3D around November 2010, the studio has stated the opposite: "3D is in the conceptual stage and Avatar will not be out on 3D Blu-ray in November."[243] Cameron told The Wall Street Journal that there will be further editions of DVD and Blu-ray available in the future.
Old 04-21-10, 04:41 PM

Does this Blu-Ray make the plot any less generic and boring?
Old 04-21-10, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by crikey View Post
Does this Blu-Ray make the plot any less generic and boring?
Does your threadcrap make you less in the minority?
Old 04-21-10, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post
There are TONS of extras on the disc, you just have to know the Konami code to unlock them.....
Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start!
WOW, these extras are amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!!!
Old 04-21-10, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can easily pass on this until the super ultra extended release. I've already seen the film, and can last 6 months before seeing it again. It's a great film for sure, but I have enough of a DVD and BD backlog to tide me over...
Old 04-21-10, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just got a sales email from TRU.

Avatar In-store Tomorrow – Hot Price DVD $14.99, Blue-ray $19.99 <-- FAIL!

Glad someone is paying attention over there
Old 04-21-10, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC View Post
You're on the interenet. I'm sure wikipedia even has that info:

well hell...will you look at this? I was right.

WIkipedia:
Most people can't even be bothered to search anymore.
Old 04-21-10, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Most people can't even be bothered to search anymore.
Sad but true...

and when they are called out on it...you get the ironic response that they "don't have time to search." You are reading an entertainment or hobbyist website...you've just proven you have free time.
Old 04-21-10, 06:51 PM
Banned

To make it worse...Wikipedia had it. If Wikipedia has it...I'm pretty sure most of the internet does too.
Old 04-21-10, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
INCORRECT, sir!
Old 04-21-10, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Actually, it's Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
Old 04-21-10, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RonBoster View Post
Sad but true...

and when they are called out on it...you get the ironic response that they "don't have time to search." You are reading an entertainment or hobbyist website...you've just proven you have free time.
Even worse, in most cases it takes longer to type up the post (let alone wait for a response) than it does to google it.
Old 04-21-10, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
Actually, it's Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
But that's only if you want 1 player.
Old 04-21-10, 07:27 PM
Cool New Member

I pre-ordered Avatar on Blu Ray from Amazon on Monday with a gold box deal 0f $18.99. With Amazon Prime thats no shipping and no tax. Very happy with that. I will probably buy again in November as long as it has the director's cut. I'm not big into extras but I enjoy Director's cuts. Then perhaps I'll buy a third version when that comes out someday - which I'm sure it will just prior to Avatar II. But perhaps it will have Movie Cash in it?! Have to admit that I bought the Princess Bride on DVD, then bought the twentieth anniversary Princess Bride on DVD (came with free Fezik t shirt only one size too small) and then recently bought the Blu Ray. Hey at least I'm not buying drugs and I gave up comic books and baseball cards years ago. Now it's pretty much Blu Rays and signed books by certain authors (mostly sci fi and thrillers). Accordingly, I can admit that I will probably buy three different Avatar versions. Probably anyway.
Old 04-21-10, 07:44 PM
Banned

........what?
Old 04-21-10, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mrmooseesq View Post
I pre-ordered Avatar on Blu Ray from Amazon on Monday with a gold box deal 0f $18.99. With Amazon Prime thats no shipping and no tax. Very happy with that. I will probably buy again in November as long as it has the director's cut. I'm not big into extras but I enjoy Director's cuts. Then perhaps I'll buy a third version when that comes out someday - which I'm sure it will just prior to Avatar II. But perhaps it will have Movie Cash in it?! Have to admit that I bought the Princess Bride on DVD, then bought the twentieth anniversary Princess Bride on DVD (came with free Fezik t shirt only one size too small) and then recently bought the Blu Ray. Hey at least I'm not buying drugs and I gave up comic books and baseball cards years ago. Now it's pretty much Blu Rays and signed books by certain authors (mostly sci fi and thrillers). Accordingly, I can admit that I will probably buy three different Avatar versions. Probably anyway.
Drugs are bad mmmkay!
Old 04-21-10, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mrmooseesq View Post
That's awesome! Did you tell your mom yet?
Old 04-21-10, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
Drugs are bad mmmkay!
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
That's awesome! Did you tell your mom yet?
Old 04-21-10, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan View Post
Just got a sales email from TRU.

Avatar In-store Tomorrow Hot Price DVD $14.99, Blue-ray $19.99 <-- FAIL!

Glad someone is paying attention over there
Wait a bloody min. I know all both the extras and all. I have even seen the Blu-ray/DVD. I did not see the DVD. Waiting, I'm sure the code will be posted.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.