Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Toy Story 3 movie ticket in Toy Story 1/2 blu rays...

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Toy Story 3 movie ticket in Toy Story 1/2 blu rays...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-10, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Toy Story 3 movie ticket in Toy Story 1/2 blu rays...

Originally Posted by sotra
Anyone see this in 3D/2D? My local cinema 3 miles away is only showing it in 2D because apparently their 3D projector is not compatible with Disney's/Pixar's technology (they are showing Shrek in 3D though), but another cinema about 16 miles away is showing it in 3D. Just wondered if it is worth the extra travel for 3D? I saw Up in 3D and thought the effect was OK, but seeing the 2D version on my BD was pretty much just as good to me.
We watched it in 3D today. I thought the 3D was good and it also had a number of previews in 3D, as well. Whether that is worth the extra cost is a personal call, but I was glad we chose it. The movie is great either way.
Old 06-18-10, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by ds6161
since the only theater near me (that takes these) is a show it 3-6 months after release and charge half piece of crap, I will give away my codes..

Your code: 35799-C565D65

http://www.activaterewards.com/ts3

and

Your code: 35799-78F9AB4

http://www.activaterewards.com/ts3
Not that it matters now, but I had to edit the search three times for the list to show the theater where I figured the tickets would be accepted.

I went to see it in IMAX 3D and ended up paying $3 a ticket.
Old 06-19-10, 08:34 AM

This is from the Hollywood Movie Money website faq about certificate acception:

Can't find a participating theater within 30 miles? No problem. Just go to the theater closest to you, pay to see the movie and send us your receipt and the original certificate. After verification we will reimburse you.

Did a participating theater mistakenly turn you away? No problem. Just send us your receipt and original certificate. After verification we will reimburse you. If you did not stay and pay to see the movie, just send us your original certificate and we will provide a replacement ticket.

Refunds/reimbursements MUST be postmarked within one week of the certificate's expiration date in order for them to be honored. Please be advised that if you were turned away from the theater because your ticket was expired or because the movie specific to your ticket was no longer playing, you will not be eligible for a refund.

Send to:
Attn: Customer Service
Hollywood Movie Money
926 Incline Way, Suite 200
Incline Village, NV 89451

It seems to be saying that you can use these at ANY theater that the movie is playing as long as your certificate hasnt expired.

Last edited by efordvt; 06-19-10 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-19-10, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by efordvt
This is from the Hollywood Movie Money website faq about certificate acception:

Can't find a participating theater within 30 miles? No problem. Just go to the theater closest to you, pay to see the movie and send us your receipt and the original certificate. After verification we will reimburse you.

Did a participating theater mistakenly turn you away? No problem. Just send us your receipt and original certificate. After verification we will reimburse you. If you did not stay and pay to see the movie, just send us your original certificate and we will provide a replacement ticket.

Refunds/reimbursements MUST be postmarked within one week of the certificate's expiration date in order for them to be honored. Please be advised that if you were turned away from the theater because your ticket was expired or because the movie specific to your ticket was no longer playing, you will not be eligible for a refund.

Send to:
Attn: Customer Service
Hollywood Movie Money
926 Incline Way, Suite 200
Incline Village, NV 89451

It seems to be saying that you can use these at ANY theater that the movie is playing as long as your certificate hasnt expired.
Good luck with that reimbursement. I remember I tried using this to see Angels and Demons at an AMC theater that was on the list, but the theater wouldnt take them. Long story short, I paid for the tickets, called the ticket company and they told me to send the coupon and ticket stubs and i would get a reimbursement check in the mail...never happened and I called a bunch of times too when they claimed they never received my letter but then later told me the reimbursement was sent out (which i never received) ??

This time I made sure to check with the theater first before printing them out.
Old 06-19-10, 05:10 PM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When I printed my Movie Money tickets I originally selected Downtown Disney AMC Theaters, I went there with the intention of seeing the 10 a.m. showing, apparently Honda Motors of America bought all the seats for both the Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. showings. I ended up going to the Brea Edwards and they accepted the coupons no problem. So, I guess selecting a specific Theater during the print out process had no bearing on what theater you see it at... as long as that Theater/chain accepts Movie Money.

I liked Toy Story 3... it's a nice bookend to the series and I look forward to getting this on Blu-Ray at Target for a little less than a dollar (after coupon stacking).
Old 06-19-10, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 278 Likes on 210 Posts

That's good news about other theaters showing the film, since the theater I chose does not have it.
Old 06-19-10, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by hal9000
When I printed my Movie Money tickets I originally selected Downtown Disney AMC Theaters, I went there with the intention of seeing the 10 a.m. showing, apparently Honda Motors of America bought all the seats for both the Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. showings. I ended up going to the Brea Edwards and they accepted the coupons no problem. So, I guess selecting a specific Theater during the print out process had no bearing on what theater you see it at... as long as that Theater/chain accepts Movie Money.

I liked Toy Story 3... it's a nice bookend to the series and I look forward to getting this on Blu-Ray at Target for a little less than a dollar (after coupon stacking).
I really enjoyed the movie but thought the 3D effects wasnt present enough. I will definitely pick this up on day one w/ the inevitable coupon that will be available for this.
Old 06-19-10, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

okay, so i just entered my TS2 code. i got the points. now how do i get the free ticket?

i got the free ticket for TS1 i entered way back when I purchased it when it first came out.
Old 06-19-10, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by runner001
okay, so i just entered my TS2 code. i got the points. now how do i get the free ticket?

i got the free ticket for TS1 i entered way back when I purchased it when it first came out.
There should be a banner right underneath where it tells you thanks for redeeming the points.
Old 06-19-10, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

where's the banner? underneath what?
Old 06-19-10, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by runner001
where's the banner? underneath what?
Under "Special Offers", you should see "Toy Story 3 Movie Ticket Offer" and a link to redeem the ticket.
Old 06-20-10, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I did that. I see two separate links for the movie tickets. both give the same exact code.
Old 06-20-10, 01:52 PM

has anyone tried to redeem their printed off certificates on fandango? and just type in the 16 digit "credit card" number off the ticket? right now fandango is offering up to 200 extra bonus points on DMR if you purchase your tickets online, well i already have the certificate so it would make no sense to buy online unless you can your the $8.50 pre loaded card at checkout. i dont wanna try this unless i know for sure it works cuz it might de activate my tickets if i try beforehand. if anyone knows please let me know asap!!!
Old 06-20-10, 03:12 PM

I get stuck at page 2 of redeeming the code. After entering my personal code, I get the select theater where I'll see it page. All of those links takes me to a "whoops! we couldn't find the page that you were looking for". Any suggestions? Thanks, I wanted to go today but maybe I can't now.

Last edited by rkndkn; 06-20-10 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-20-10, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rkndkn
I get stuck at page 2 of redeeming the code. After ending my personal code, I get the select theater where I'll see it page. All of those links takes me to a "whoops! we couldn't find the page that you were looking for". Any suggestions? Thanks, I wanted to go today but maybe I can't now.
I got it to work in FF with having no page blocking apps running, but it might load better for you in IE?!?
Old 06-20-10, 04:24 PM

sotra,

Thank you so much for the suggestion -- it didn't even occur to me to try IE. It worked for me!
Old 06-21-10, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used my 2 this weekend with the family and the theatre I went to took it with no problems.

An excellent movie, btw.
Old 06-21-10, 10:40 AM

used my 2 at a different theater than selected, because I REFUSE to see in 3d, especially with my 4 year old who wears glasses... Accepted no problem, fantastic movie!!! I think we ended up paying $5 for 3 passes total.
Old 06-21-10, 11:11 AM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Just wish Disney would understand that, while $8.50 allowance is nice, $11 or $12 allowance for these would be better suited to folks like me that demand to see these kinds of movies in the best possible presentation available to us.

The "Imax" 3D show we attended (a matinee at that) cost the kids $11 each plus $12 each for me and the Mrs.

Ended up spending $22 to get a family of four in (with the 2 tickets we downloaded), plus the required snacks (had a coupon for popcorn, too.) $33.50 total day at the movies, would have been $50.50...

(Since when did a large popcorn and large soda go for $12. 50?)

It's a shame that some of these movies are simply out of reach of most people. Usually in an economic climate like this, movies are the cheapest form of entertainment. But, I'm not surprised that people swarm to Redbox or huddle around their Netflix streaming and $1 menu or microwave popcorn and Hollywood asks "Why?"

Last edited by Mao; 06-21-10 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-21-10, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by efordvt
used my 2 at a different theater than selected, because I REFUSE to see in 3d, especially with my 4 year old who wears glasses... Accepted no problem, fantastic movie!!! I think we ended up paying $5 for 3 passes total.
That's how we saw it for free yesterday. I'm not impressed with 3D, certainly not for the ridiculous inflated prices, and we loved it. The presentation is perfect in 2D.
Old 06-21-10, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Fun to note that these are good at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin... we ended up paying $0.75 out of pocket per ticket to see this in 4K 3D. Then subsequently $18 in beer and fried pickles. Ha.
Old 06-21-10, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nycdude
I used my 2 this weekend with the family and the theatre I went to took it with no problems.

An excellent movie, btw.
Yep me too, just walked in gave it to them and they took the $8.50 off and I had to pay $1.50
Old 06-21-10, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mao
Just wish Disney would understand that, while $8.50 allowance is nice, $11 or $12 allowance for these would be better suited to folks like me that demand to see these kinds of movies in the best possible presentation available to us.

The "Imax" 3D show we attended (a matinee at that) cost the kids $11 each plus $12 each for me and the Mrs.

Ended up spending $22 to get a family of four in (with the 2 tickets we downloaded), plus the required snacks (had a coupon for popcorn, too.) $33.50 total day at the movies, would have been $50.50...

(Since when did a large popcorn and large soda go for $12. 50?)

It's a shame that some of these movies are simply out of reach of most people. Usually in an economic climate like this, movies are the cheapest form of entertainment. But, I'm not surprised that people swarm to Redbox or huddle around their Netflix streaming and $1 menu or microwave popcorn and Hollywood asks "Why?"
Don't move to New York City then. A regular 2-D, non-IMAX movie will cost you at least $12.50. At least that's how much it used to be before I stopped going to the movies.
Old 06-21-10, 02:29 PM

Used my two tickets on Saturday night.. was prepared to pay like $1 or $1.50 cause we didn't make it to the matinee but they must have rang them up still at the afternoon price or something so I didn't question it and went and saw the free movie.
Old 06-21-10, 07:11 PM

Anyone know where to find a list of participating theaters?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.