Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

HEB Plus! (South Texas) $12.99 Warner Best Picture BDs (Casablanca, The Departed,etc)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

HEB Plus! (South Texas) $12.99 Warner Best Picture BDs (Casablanca, The Departed,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-10, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought these were a great price. I'm guessing you'll find these at every HEB Plus ... although these were found at the location at 620 and Anderson Mill in Austin, TX.

LOTS of DVD versions (Gone with the Wind, Ben Hur, etc)

For BD there was Casablanca, The Departed, and Unforgiven (perhaps more but we were shopping so I just grabbed Casabanca and Departed to replace my HD-DVD versions)... all for $12.99! These are the regular BDs in special "Best Picture" edition gold slipcover cases.

They were in a center kiosk on the left side of the store... kinda near the cosmetics department.
Old 02-21-10, 11:30 AM

Re: HEB Plus! (South Texas) $12.99 Warner Best Picture BDs (Casablanca, The Departed,

thanks for the FYI. Is there any other blu ray titles on sale that u can remember?
Old 02-21-10, 06:57 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: HEB Plus! (South Texas) $12.99 Warner Best Picture BDs (Casablanca, The Departed,

I hate that I work for the company but I now live up here in Denton and I work in a Central Market in Southlake. Called my Hometown store and they STILL don't have Blus. GAH!!
Old 02-21-10, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another one they had that I remembered was Million Dollar Baby.

Regular HEB stores here in Austin have a VERY limited selection of BDs (maybe 10 in the book/DVD area). These HEB Plus stores (which have about 3-4 times the floor space of a regular HEB) have an entire electronics section with BDs, DVDs, TVs, Video Games, and music.