Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Lost: The Complete Collection @ Amazon $196

Old 02-02-10, 02:13 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Lost: The Complete Collection @ Amazon $196

Checking Amazon and I notice they now have this up for preorder on August 24th. I'm very tempted and since my wife has never seen the show this would be an excellent time to revisit even so soon after the whole show ended.

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Complete-Collection-Matthew-Fox/dp/B0036EH3WK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1265141406&sr=1-1
Old 02-02-10, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Lost: The Complete Collection @ Amazon $196

I pray that this set includes no extras that the individual releases contained. As someone who bought 1-5 on BD already (thanks to Amazon's deal last year) there is no way I'll be double-dipping on this...
Old 02-02-10, 02:29 PM

Might go ahead and preorder this and hopefully the price will drop even more. This isn't a bad price considering the MSRP is close to $300.
Old 02-02-10, 02:31 PM

Can't wait!
Old 02-02-10, 02:32 PM

Given that they sold Seasons 1-5 last year for $105 or so, it should drop in price soon after release (the latest Black Friday/Christmas)
Old 02-02-10, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by basketb View Post
Given that they sold Seasons 1-5 last year for $105 or so, it should drop in price soon after release (the latest Black Friday/Christmas)
I've got time to see how much it will drop. If it doesn't drop any I will probably cancel the preorder and hold off...never hurts to put up a preorder though.

I'm also thinking that seeing this price this early gives other competitors time to get better deals together, then allowing Amazon to lower theirs even more at some point.
Old 02-02-10, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
I pray that this set includes no extras that the individual releases contained. As someone who bought 1-5 on BD already (thanks to Amazon's deal last year) there is no way I'll be double-dipping on this...
If you were silly enough to buy an incomplete series collection in the hopes that there would not be complete series exclusive extras, then you get what you deserve.
Old 02-02-10, 03:26 PM

Well, according to www.tvshowsondvd.com this set will contain "One full disc of bonus exclusive to the Complete Collection...At least two hours of content".
Old 02-02-10, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gold Box this bitch!
Old 02-02-10, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've never seen this show before, but I'd blind buy the complete Blu-ray collection at $100 or less. Not a penny more than that.
Old 02-02-10, 04:10 PM

I jumped on the deal amazon had awhile back which was a good thing since i can easily get 30-35 per season which almost pays for the complete series

im def jumping on the complete series.
Old 02-02-10, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kory View Post
I've never seen this show before, but I'd blind buy the complete Blu-ray collection at $100 or less. Not a penny more than that.
good luck getting the entire 1-6 set for 100 or less new, the 1-5 slighty over 100 was a once and a lifetime deal, they don't do deals like THAT that often, sure you see complete DVD sets for around 100 but this is bluray

you wont see the complete series for under 100 or at 100, maybe 130-150
Old 02-02-10, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ratnamedted View Post
Well, according to www.tvshowsondvd.com this set will contain "One full disc of bonus exclusive to the Complete Collection...At least two hours of content".
BASTARDS!!! I hope it is full of all of the extras that were previously store exclusives, since I have all of those...
Old 02-02-10, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
If you were silly enough to buy an incomplete series collection in the hopes that there would not be complete series exclusive extras, then you get what you deserve.
Let's see, I initially bought S1 and S2 on BD for $20 PROFIT, thanks to ridiculous Amazon pricing, $20 in rebates, and selling my used SD's. Then I bought 1-5 for $103.99 from Amazon (they gave me $5 for Payphrase), enabling me to sell S1 and S2 for $90, so when you factor everything together, my S1-5 set was completely FREE, with $6 profit to boot...

And before you ask, the S1 and S2 SD's I had were gifts, so I hadn't paid for those either.

So I haven't paid a cent for 5 seasons on BD. I doubt a better deal will come along for the complete series set... But you never know, maybe I'll get it and sell my other 5 seasons for profit...

There are actually MANY Complete Series Collections that do not have exclusive extras. Your statement makes it sounds like there is practically ALWAYS a bonus disc with complete sets, but that isn't the case...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-02-10 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-02-10, 05:31 PM

But, why get annoyed because this does have a bonus disc? If I buy a complete series, I'd like to have something on top of buying each individually.

I'll probably pre-order this.
Old 02-02-10, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Meh, don't really care about a bonus disc all that much.
Old 02-02-10, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by crikey View Post
But, why get annoyed because this does have a bonus disc? If I buy a complete series, I'd like to have something on top of buying each individually.

Unless the bonus disc contains the meaning of life I am pretty sure I'll make due with the other 30 something Blu-rays in the complete set bought as individual seasons
Old 02-02-10, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by crikey View Post

In my case, I'd find a reason to gripe either way. If I bought a complete series set, I would personally want it to have a bonus disc. But if I don't buy a complete set, then I'll be angry if it did have a bonus disc since my collection would be incomplete. There's just no pleasing me!
Old 02-02-10, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pre-ordered.

I had just sold my SD copies of seasons 1-3 on Amazon a month ago or so for 80 bucks.
Old 02-03-10, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If they re-do the discs of the first 5 seasons and add the pop up commentary tracks and some new commentaries aside from the bonus disc then I will buy. However, I'm likely not going through the hassle of selling and rebuying for one two hour or so bonus disc.
Old 02-03-10, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll wait until this drops, maybe to around $160 or so.
Old 02-03-10, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Let's see, I initially bought S1 and S2 on BD for $20 PROFIT, thanks to ridiculous Amazon pricing, $20 in rebates, and selling my used SD's. Then I bought 1-5 for $103.99 from Amazon (they gave me $5 for Payphrase), enabling me to sell S1 and S2 for $90, so when you factor everything together, my S1-5 set was completely FREE, with $6 profit to boot...

And before you ask, the S1 and S2 SD's I had were gifts, so I hadn't paid for those either.

So I haven't paid a cent for 5 seasons on BD. I doubt a better deal will come along for the complete series set... But you never know, maybe I'll get it and sell my other 5 seasons for profit...

There are actually MANY Complete Series Collections that do not have exclusive extras. Your statement makes it sounds like there is practically ALWAYS a bonus disc with complete sets, but that isn't the case...
LOL at you thinking I give a crap about your personal situation of purchasing or gifting. Or anyone will for that matter. Why did you even bring it up, what does that have to do with anything? Congratulations on being a shrewd flea marketer, we're all so proud.
Old 02-09-10, 09:26 PM

Damn. I knew I should have bit on seasons 1-5 on blu-ray when they were on sale for $105. I was hoping for the pop up treatment on all the episodes. One lousy extra bonus disc which I can probably rent from Netflix that I'll only watch once doesn't make up the price difference. I'll pre-order from Amazon, but if it doesn't come down to at least $160 prior to release date, I'll cancel and wait for a lightning / gold box deal sometime before X-mas.
Old 02-09-10, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
LOL at you thinking I give a crap about your personal situation of purchasing or gifting. Or anyone will for that matter. Why did you even bring it up, what does that have to do with anything? Congratulations on being a shrewd flea marketer, we're all so proud.
I was just pointing out that you were wrong on every count...
I obviously wasn't "silly" as you stated since I got them for free with profit to boot. Your statement about "hoping there would not be complete series extras" is ridiculous since that is NOT common practice. And yes, I did get what I deserved: A GREAT BARGAIN!
I couldn't care less what YOU think, since you obviously feel that nobody matters but yourself. My comments were nothing unlike many others post here on a daily basis. Why you felt the need to mock me, when you obviously have your head up your ass, is beyond me. If you don't care about what I have to say, then ignore me! Posting ridiculous comments that have no truth to them is pointless...
Old 02-09-10, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I can't wait to see the packaging!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.