Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target Ad -- BDs -- November 27 & 28

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-09, 05:19 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Target Ad -- BDs -- November 27 & 28

Find movies you want and hide behind stuff people would never buy, like Diet foods.
Old 11-11-09, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Find movies you want and hide behind stuff people would never buy, like Diet foods.
wait wait wait.. u mean to tell me target sells other kinds of food besides candy, hot pockets and pop tarts?!? YOU LIE!!!!!!! haha
Old 11-11-09, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
You will have to buy it again that morning and return the new copy on the old receipt. Target will not adjust previous prices during the BF sale.
If you have to buy it again that morning, then what would've been the point of buying the first copy beforehand? It seems that (as someone suggested) you either get there super early (which I can't do because I can only be at 1 store early at a time and Target is not my priority) or play hide & seek which is doubtful to work. Put it this way... the few times I've tried hide & seek at other stores, the items were not there when I came back.
Old 11-11-09, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
If you have to buy it again that morning, then what would've been the point of buying the first copy beforehand? It seems that (as someone suggested) you either get there super early (which I can't do because I can only be at 1 store early at a time and Target is not my priority) or play hide & seek which is doubtful to work. Put it this way... the few times I've tried hide & seek at other stores, the items were not there when I came back.
Because you can't be guaranteed there'll be stock that morning. Read my other advice just a few posts up.

I didn't realize I had to hold everyone's hand on how returns and exchanges work. I apologize for any confusion my stream of consciousness throughout the day may have caused.
Old 11-11-09, 08:05 PM

What's Target's policy on price adjustments if I was to buy Wizard of Oz on Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, then go there anytime on Friday for the price adjustment?
Old 11-11-09, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
That's a good idea. I think stowing it away in the DVD department wouldn't be too bad (especially on a bottom shelf in the back somewhere). I never thought about doing this before. I just may do that with Wizard of Oz BR.
Old 11-11-09, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by mraw
That's a good idea. I think stowing it away in the DVD department wouldn't be too bad (especially on a bottom shelf in the back somewhere). I never thought about doing this before. I just may do that with Wizard of Oz BR.
I agree, I'd try hiding it in the electronics area. I worked at a Target & we would try to put everything back in the correct sections but it might go unnoticed if it's just another movie. A Blu Ray behind some Slim Fast is gonna stick out.
Old 11-12-09, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Swiski
What's Target's policy on price adjustments if I was to buy Wizard of Oz on Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, then go there anytime on Friday for the price adjustment?
I haven't seen a Wizard of Oz on the shelf of my nearby Targets in ages...I'm thinking whatever stock they get is going on the shelf Friday morning.
Old 11-12-09, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
Because you can't be guaranteed there'll be stock that morning. Read my other advice just a few posts up.

I didn't realize I had to hold everyone's hand on how returns and exchanges work. I apologize for any confusion my stream of consciousness throughout the day may have caused.
I think the area of confusion is that I thought you were saying get a pricematch followed by saying Target doesn't pricematch on BF... when I think you were just saying do a return/rebuy. Whether that works depends if the customer service rep wants to be nice or snotty by not re-selling the items to you or letting you take the items to the normal registers. It sounds like a YMMV, but I suppose it's worth a shot.
Old 11-12-09, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

luckily most people are smart enough to know to look behind other movies and even in the standard dvds heck even other departments.
Originally Posted by Emma311
I agree, I'd try hiding it in the electronics area. I worked at a Target & we would try to put everything back in the correct sections but it might go unnoticed if it's just another movie. A Blu Ray behind some Slim Fast is gonna stick out.
Old 11-12-09, 07:05 PM

That Wizard of Oz is mighty tempting.....luckily the magazine/book section is in the electronics dept at the Target here, so I should be able to stash one behind Quilting Monthly or some other crap magazine like that.
Old 11-12-09, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

again i think you underestimate how much people will go out of there way to track down a movie especially when its much lower than usual price.
and there are plenty of people who shop black friday just for the movies and music sales they can get.

and this week i cant tell you how many people(myself included) checked through every dept behind every nook and cranny looking for monsters inc.

but good luck to ya.
Originally Posted by NCC1701E
That Wizard of Oz is mighty tempting.....luckily the magazine/book section is in the electronics dept at the Target here, so I should be able to stash one behind Quilting Monthly or some other crap magazine like that.
Old 11-12-09, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
again i think you underestimate how much people will go out of there way to track down a movie especially when its much lower than usual price.
and there are plenty of people who shop black friday just for the movies and music sales they can get.

and this week i cant tell you how many people(myself included) checked through every dept behind every nook and cranny looking for monsters inc.

but good luck to ya.
Thanks..... Luckily, I won't die if somebody finds it.
Old 11-12-09, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Drav3n
haha last year there was a line wrapped around the store. i watched as the doors opened and ppl stayed in line walking in, i just walked right in infront of everyone as everyone bitched at me as if i just commited some kind of hate-crime. haha and i shall do it again this year.

besides, ppl camp out for tvs and laptops...not blurays hahaha

Try that around here and you'll be enjoying the special pricing on a gunshot wound.
Old 11-12-09, 08:55 PM

Just want to be 100% sure.....................the Wizard of Oz box set Blu-ray edition that comes with the watch and is numbered is NOT the one on sale for black Friday is it?
Old 11-12-09, 09:58 PM

is ad posted any where
Old 11-12-09, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
Just want to be 100% sure.....................the Wizard of Oz box set Blu-ray edition that comes with the watch and is numbered is NOT the one on sale for black Friday is it?
That's my interpretation. It's the one that's a "Target Exclusive", which is the regular slimcase. Can't believe I paid $35 for that. I remember how scarce people were saying it was during release week....thought it was a limited edition.

Originally Posted by BSTNFAN
I haven't seen a Wizard of Oz on the shelf of my nearby Targets in ages...I'm thinking whatever stock they get is going on the shelf Friday morning.
I saw a bunch today while looking for the Up! Monsters, Inc. deal. They were marked at $29.99. That I can live with, but $12.99?? Shewt.

Last edited by BuckNaked2k; 11-12-09 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-12-09, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k

Can't believe I paid $35 for that. I remember how scarce people were saying it was during release week....thought it was a limited edition. I saw a bunch today while looking for the Up! Monsters, Inc. deal. They were marked at $29.99. That I can live with, but $12.99?? Shewt.
You could have bought a couple of more Criterions at B&N! The only saving grace is that you would have been eating your turkey in the Target parking lot to have gotten in on this deal.
Old 11-13-09, 06:17 PM

So...has it been confirmed that Target will NOT allow any price adjustments on Black Friday? If they do not, I know where I will be early Friday AM. I'm not going to brave the cold weather and camp out for a $20 savings on the Oz Blu Ray. If there is a mad rush and I miss out...so be it.
Old 11-14-09, 10:08 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Swiski
So...has it been confirmed that Target will NOT allow any price adjustments on Black Friday? If they do not, I know where I will be early Friday AM. I'm not going to brave the cold weather and camp out for a $20 savings on the Oz Blu Ray. If there is a mad rush and I miss out...so be it.
Worst case scenario: Buy it now. Go to store that day with item. Return, rebuy.
Old 11-14-09, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Worst case scenario: Buy it now. Go to store that day with item. Return, rebuy.
That's not the worst case scenario. This is the worst case scenario: Buy it now. Go to store that day with item. Return. Employee at customer service desk refuses to resell the item or give it back to you saying it's against Black Friday policy to allow people to repurchase just returned items (especially on Black Friday) which must be processed and put back on the floor at a later time. Then after fruitless argument with a manager who upholds that decision, go to the DVD section to find they are all sold out and of course won't give any rainchecks at that price.

Hopefully that won't happen, but that's the worst case scenario.
Old 11-14-09, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I disagree...the really worst case scenario is this:

Buy them a day or two beforehand, go back on the morning of Black Friday to price match or return/repurchase, but then get trampled to death in the stampede of crazed shoppers who are battling it out to get to the $10 DVD players or whatever is this years version of "Tickle Me Elmo" or "Cabbage Patch Kids"....
Old 11-14-09, 03:56 PM

The real trouble is that The Wizard of Oz may be the only deal worth getting at Target on that day. Standing in line for how long to get in and then to get out may not be worth it at all, never mind passing up on the opportunity to stand in line for deals at a different store instead.

I plan to take my chances with catching this in stock at the Target website. The past years, many of their BF deals have been available online starting on Thanksgiving day.
Old 11-16-09, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
You could have bought a couple of more Criterions at B&N! The only saving grace is that you would have been eating your turkey in the Target parking lot to have gotten in on this deal.
Originally Posted by Spaceknight
The real trouble is that The Wizard of Oz may be the only deal worth getting at Target on that day. Standing in line for how long to get in and then to get out may not be worth it at all....
Good points!

I remember that scene in Atlanta last year where some poor schlub got trampled to death. Think I'll sleep in, and focus on turkey and Giants@Denver.
Old 11-18-09, 01:35 PM

That's not the worst case scenario. This is the worst case scenario: Buy it now. Go to store that day with item. Return. Employee at customer service desk refuses to resell the item or give it back to you saying it's against Black Friday policy to allow people to repurchase just returned items (especially on Black Friday) which must be processed and put back on the floor at a later time. Then after fruitless argument with a manager who upholds that decision, go to the DVD section to find they are all sold out and of course won't give any rainchecks at that price.

I just checked their policy and it looks like if you buy it within a week before they WILL adjust the pricing.

"Price Adjustments:
If you see a lower price listed in one of our Target Weekly Ads, we will adjust the price of your online order to match the advertised price if you purchased the item within 1-7 days prior to the ad; you contact us during the Weekly Ad where the lower price is featured; and the lower price is not on a clearance item."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.