Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 off Up and Monsters, Inc. pre-order at Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-09, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: $10 off Up and Monsters, Inc. pre-order at Amazon

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Got the same response; my order total is now $27.48.
Originally Posted by JoN8282
Quoting Amazon

Locked in at $27.48 for both for right now
+1 at $27.48
Old 11-02-09, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

While this was tempting.. I will wait to see what street date deals are with potential coupon.. If I miss out... then I do....
Old 11-02-09, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Worked for me. I had resigned myself to not getting these titles anytime soon. More than happy with 27.48.
Old 11-02-09, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Success on the coupon the 2nd time around using Canadian Bacon's magic words. I chose the other dept. option this time. The first time I had used the offers and promotions.

One question though... did others who also got the coupon applied get it as a $10 deduction from the order total (that would've been preferable) or did they reduce the price of 1 of the 2 items (which one)? Assuming it's the latter, am I right if the price drops on that item as release date approaches that the preorder price guarantee won't apply since the adjusted price will already be less?

EDIT: Just noticed someone mentioned the price of the Up disc was reduced. Mine was the other. So I guess it's arbitrary, and it'll be interesting to see if Up or Monsters Inc. drops the most in price.

Last edited by Manzana; 11-02-09 at 07:14 AM.
Old 11-02-09, 07:20 AM

Up is going to drop again due to WM's price, most likely. If your up price was lowered by $10 to compensate, you can just call them up and explain. I did it before and they handled it fine. To give you an idea of how bizarre their decisions can be, I just found Monsters Inc in my gold box. I emailed them asking them to adjust my order for the discount. They dropped Up by $1.22. So instead of adding a promo discount, they changed the price of Up, which will likely be erased by the next price drop anyway, so I'll have to contact them again if I care about the dollar. Quite confusing, but this is going to be one hell of a deal...basically two for one on release day.
Old 11-02-09, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Third time's the charm for me - in for $27.48 as well.
Old 11-02-09, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,249 Likes on 4,270 Posts

Here's what I got:
Originally Posted by Amazon
Hello from Amazon.com.

Thank you for writing to us about your recent orders.
I've checked the item(s) you ordered; a $10 promotion was
applied when you purchased Monsters, Inc and Up together. However, there was no
valid promotion listed on Amazon.com that would have applied to the purchase of
Snow White at the time you placed the order. All of our promotional offers are
subject to restrictions which we list on the promotional certificate.
Old 11-02-09, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just got the email back saying they have lowered the price for both to $27.48 for me.

Decker, just shoot an email to various different departments a few times and they will eventually do it for you.

Last edited by Brent L; 11-02-09 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-02-09, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,249 Likes on 4,270 Posts

I answered "no" to their "Did we answer your question satisfactorily?" link and repeated the request. Got sent back this:
Originally Posted by Amazon
Hello,

Since this item hasn't shipped yet, I've reduced total cost of the order by
$10.00.

Your order total is now reduced from $37.48 to $27. This is the price you'll be
charged when the order ships.
Old 11-02-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good going!

For those of us who want both of these releases, it'll be hard for any deals that stores may have to beat this price right here. I could see one of them somehow getting down to that wacky $9.99 price that we saw for Snow White, but not both of them.
Old 11-02-09, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent L
Good going!

For those of us who want both of these releases, it'll be hard for any deals that stores may have to beat this price right here. I could see one of them somehow getting down to that wacky $9.99 price that we saw for Snow White, but not both of them.
If either it will be Up since it is a new release. They dropped my Up price to $12.99 instead of the entire order. Here's hoping I'm wrong and Monsters starts dropping.
Old 11-02-09, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, it would be up. I saw that Up will likely be $19.99 at Walmart, so that would put it at the $9.99 price point if they release another $0 coupon.

For my Amazon order they dropped the price of both titles in my order to make up for the discounts.
Old 11-02-09, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i may have missed this, but has anyone emailed amazon about the snowwhite $10 offer that actually didn't use the coupon the first time around?
Old 11-02-09, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
Up is going to drop again due to WM's price, most likely. If your up price was lowered by $10 to compensate, you can just call them up and explain. I did it before and they handled it fine. To give you an idea of how bizarre their decisions can be, I just found Monsters Inc in my gold box. I emailed them asking them to adjust my order for the discount. They dropped Up by $1.22. So instead of adding a promo discount, they changed the price of Up, which will likely be erased by the next price drop anyway, so I'll have to contact them again if I care about the dollar. Quite confusing, but this is going to be one hell of a deal...basically two for one on release day.
But both Up ($19.96) and Monsters Inc. ($22.86) are lower at Walmart than Amazon, so why do you think Amazon will only lower the price on Up?

It's interesting that it seems nearly random if Amazon will grant or deny a request like this, and when they grant it they may take $10 off either title or split it between the 2.

So if Amazon drops the price of Up from $22.99 to $19.96, but they already reduced the price in a person's order to $12.99, you're saying you can email them and they'll drop the $12.99 down to $9.96? Seems like it would be another YMMV because you'd think they would see that $12.99 is already cheaper than $19.96.
Old 11-03-09, 01:54 AM

I emailed them twice and to two different departments but no response
Old 11-03-09, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Here's what I got:

Originally Posted by dizzlle01
I emailed them twice and to two different departments but no response
Keep trying. These reps are mostly in India, and they work different shifts with different supervisors, and random guidance and empowerment. Persistence pays off!
Old 11-03-09, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 915 Likes on 556 Posts

Dumb question - is this only applicable to existing orders? I've not placed an order yet, but would do so if it's still possible to get in on this.

Last edited by emanon; 11-03-09 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-03-09, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
So if Amazon drops the price of Up from $22.99 to $19.96, but they already reduced the price in a person's order to $12.99, you're saying you can email them and they'll drop the $12.99 down to $9.96? Seems like it would be another YMMV because you'd think they would see that $12.99 is already cheaper than $19.96.
I don't quite understand that either. At $12.99 though, I'm not too worried about a couple extra bucks.
Old 11-03-09, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Keep trying. These reps are mostly in India, and they work different shifts with different supervisors, and random guidance and empowerment. Persistence pays off!
Exactly, I emailed three or four different departments about 3 times each.
Old 11-03-09, 01:44 PM

I e-mailed the promotions department Sunday and got no response. So around 5 am central time today I e-mail the "other" department. Within 2 hours, both departments took $10 off (one code for each movie.) So my total order is down to $17 and change for both
Old 11-03-09, 02:22 PM

someone at work just told me his Monsters Inc is showing up as $18.99 in their Amazon order (before the discounts calculate the new price)...anyone know why this would be?

Edit: I just confirmed that it does indeed show $18.49 before any discounts taken, you click on the title and it shows the $24.49, but his cart still shows the lower price. He only has the Best Value Savings applied at the end bringing it down to $31.48 (monsters Inc and Up).

Last edited by quid squid; 11-03-09 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-03-09, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by quid squid
someone at work just told me his Monsters Inc is showing up as $18.99 in their Amazon order (before the discounts calculate the new price)...anyone know why this would be?
Black magic.

I decided to shoot off an email and just got a reply.

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I'm sorry to hear that $10 Snow White thanks discount was not applied to your order.

I checked your orders and found that $10.00 promotion was already applied to this orders.

Some promotional offers may not be combined with other offers in the same order. Generally, only one promotional claim code may be used per order, and orders with promotions cannot be combined with other orders. Therefore this $10.00 off promotional discount was not applied to this order.

Some of our promotions are restricted to one claim code per customer, and some require a minimum purchase. I'd recommend reading the "fine print" or visiting the link included with the promotional offer for the specific restrictions associated with the offer you received.

In the case where multiple promotional offers cannot be combined, we will automatically apply the promotion that gives you the largest discount.

I apologize for any misunderstanding. Our promotional claim codes are transferable. Perhaps you know of a friend or neighbor who might appreciate one.

We will be happy to apply this $10 Snow White thanks discount to your order. However, because you are not charged until your items ships, we can't issue a $10.00 refund until the entire order has been shipped. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Once your entire order has been shipped, please use the link below to request a refund.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we
requested:

the link

You will be directed to a web page where you can paste a copy of the cost summary from your original order confirmation e-mail. We will request the appropriate refund to your credit card for the amount you were erroneously charged.

Thank you again for shopping at Amazon.com.
They say a lot of stuff but I think this means I'll get a refund after it ships as long as I click the link.
Old 11-03-09, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Black magic.

I decided to shoot off an email and just got a reply.

They say a lot of stuff but I think this means I'll get a refund after it ships as long as I click the link.
When I emailed them a couple weeks ago about the Snow White Thanks discount they credited my credit card $10 that same day. Not sure why they did it this way, I think it just depends on who you get and what steps they take. It's kind of like a choose your own adventure book.
Old 11-03-09, 02:56 PM

They credited my Snow White order for an additional $10 instead of the Up/Monsters order. Pretty crazy... but happy either way.
Old 11-03-09, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by quid squid
When I emailed them a couple weeks ago about the Snow White Thanks discount they credited my credit card $10 that same day. Not sure why they did it this way, I think it just depends on who you get and what steps they take. It's kind of like a choose your own adventure book.
I almost want to believe that when they respond to emails, they can click check boxes that have different phrases in them. This person went click crazy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.