DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   $10 off Up and Monsters, Inc. pre-order at Amazon (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/563132-%2410-off-up-monsters-inc-pre-order-amazon.html)

Juicy.Fruit84 10-14-09 10:02 AM

$10 off Up and Monsters, Inc. pre-order at Amazon

I Don't know if this has been posted, did not see this on the first page. If you put up & monsters inc in your cart on amazon than you get a $10 off the item's.

Sweet Baby James 10-14-09 10:10 AM

Re: $10 off Up and Monsters, Inc. pre-order at Amazon

It's one of their Best Value deals. Thanks for the heads-up.

biglou114 10-14-09 10:18 AM

That is borderline affordability, I think I'll wait though. I think $20 each is fair.

PGHFlyer 10-14-09 10:18 AM

Anyone know how these things with pre-order price guarantee? I know that 30% base price for Monsters will get beat.

wennma01 10-14-09 11:01 AM

cool...i'm in. Amazon cancellations are easy and can be done online in case there is some sort of b&m deal.

jkzahn, I'm pretty sure all amazon BD and DVD have the pre-order price guarantee so if its cheaper, your order should be automatically updated to reflect the lower price

quid squid 10-14-09 12:48 PM

Anyone having any luck getting an additional $10 off making it $36? People on other forums are talking about a "Snow White Thanks" additional $10 off for purchasing Snow White through Amazon.

Did not show up for me, and I have not heard anything back from Amazon yet on an email I sent them.

EDIT: Just received an email back from Amazon saying they will credit the $10 to my credit card for this promotion.

EDIT 2: Ok...Amazon has no idea what they are doing. They just gave me another $10 off on Snow White as a "goodwill refund" basically paying me $5 to take Snow White from them.

Michael Corvin 10-14-09 02:53 PM

Even by pre-ordering them both with Gold Box discounts separately, this deal is cheaper by about $6 for me. Cancelled those and re-ordered. Thanks OP.

tomharlett 10-14-09 05:34 PM

Great deal, thanks OP!

Before all is said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if we get another $5 off each title with the pre-order price guarantee.

For the record, I had no problem getting amazon to honor their pre-order price guarantee on Snow White even with the coupon, gold box discount, and a gift card already applied to the order. All it took was an email to CS.

tlwizard 10-14-09 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 9773550)
Even by pre-ordering them both with Gold Box discounts separately, this deal is cheaper by about $6 for me. Cancelled those and re-ordered. Thanks OP.

I have both ordered through Gold Box and have now sent an email seeing if they'll combine the orders and give me the $10 off. If they don't, no biggie, I'll just reorder under the new deal.

Thanks to the OP.

tlwizard 10-14-09 10:57 PM

Well, they combined my orders, but I lost one of the gold box discounts. So grand total for me was $45.06.

dylonius 10-15-09 02:48 AM

in for a set. good deal on what i consider to be must have hd pixar classics.

jeffrey r 10-15-09 09:03 AM

I had already received Monster's Inc. BD from Amazon UK, so I e-mailed Amazon about getting the additional $10 Snow White discount on my UP preorder, and they gave it to me, so that is now $17.09 for me (also got a gold box discount).

rfduncan 10-15-09 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by jeffrey r (Post 9774991)
I had already received Monster's Inc. BD from Amazon UK, so I e-mailed Amazon about getting the additional $10 Snow White discount on my UP preorder, and they gave it to me, so that is now $17.09 for me (also got a gold box discount).

How exactly did you phrase that request? "I was to understand there was a Snow White Thank You promotion which I did not receive?" :hscratch:

jeffrey r 10-15-09 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan (Post 9775029)
How exactly did you phrase that request? "I was to understand there was a Snow White Thank You promotion which I did not receive?" :hscratch:

I basically said that I had ordered Disney's Snow White Blu-Ray, and that I then ordered Disney's UP Blu-Ray, and that therefore I understood that I was supposed to have received an additional $10 off the UP order, which I did not receive, and could they please issue the $10 refund.

I always phrase my "reach" e-mails to Amazon very politely, and very matter of factly, and end with a "can you please issue me the refund" as opposed to an "am I entitled to a refund?".

bearkiss 10-15-09 04:39 PM

dead now!

Decker 10-15-09 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by bearkiss (Post 9776050)
dead now!

Wow, it is! Glad I jumped on while I had the chance! :up:

Daytripper 10-15-09 07:27 PM

dead now!

Well FUCK!

And what's up with these being FOUR disc sets each!??

BuckNaked2k 10-15-09 08:54 PM

^ an $84 value! ;)

sotra 10-16-09 06:52 AM

Amazon CS comes through again! :) I had preordered Monsters Inc. before with a $5 discount applied and emailed them last night after the combo/GB deal was over and they told me they would add Up to my order and take $15 off :)

Michael Corvin 10-16-09 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k (Post 9776548)
^ an $84 value! ;)

$168 value for both!

PixyJunket 10-16-09 08:08 AM

dead now!

FUUUCK. :mad:

:(

jiggyblau 10-16-09 09:33 AM

Wow, I emailed Amazon a couple days ago asking about the extra $10 off. They replied back saying that I had received the $10 off on my Snow White order and I received $10 off the UP/Monsters order (best value). I shot a reply saying there was an additional $10 off more clearly, and they just changed the price of UP to $17.99. Now my total is $36 for the pair. Truly awesome deal, but the only problem is that if UP drops on release day, which I'd bet it will, the price on my preorder won't fall. Thanks for the tip to email CS!

sotra 10-17-09 12:31 AM

A little update: Amazon emailed me back my revised order details and my grand total for Up and Monsters Inc. ended up being $11.48 (included a $20 GC that appeared out of thin air) :) And I picked up BB's UP SBC today for free (after I get my money back).

jiggyblau 10-17-09 12:41 AM

Monsters Inc. is down to $26.99. At least for now.

Jim 10-18-09 11:38 AM

This deal is alive again. $44.98 total for Monsters, Inc and Up.