Last edit by: TheBang
deleted
Print Wikipost

Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-09, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

just got back from walmart (south bend, in), tf2 bluray rang up 14.25. if i'd had the papa john's coupon, it'd be even better but still an awesome price
Old 10-20-09, 11:47 AM

Just got back from Wal-Mart on Ingram. They had a butt-load of DVD copies, but one lone Blu-Ray copy (which I swooped up). Double-checked the receipt, paid $19.96. Still a good price.
Old 10-20-09, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Picked mine up at the Meyerland Walmart (off S. Post Oak) for $19.96.

I had to specifically ask for it since none were on display at the store front or electronics dept.
Old 10-20-09, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

ahh see you have never had the pleasure to shop in the crenshaw blvd/Baldwin Hills walmart where everything is ghetofabulous.

where if you go in to buy the recent 300 collectors edition all you will find is this. and when you ask about buying the movie, the rude cashier trys to tell you that, everything that is in that plastic case is the bluray. (even though its clearlyjust the back paper insert and the digital copy)

Originally Posted by zombeaner
Does this happen? In my stores, the site-to-store items are never unpacked and are only identifiable by the order number on the box, which means that employees don't know what you ordered until you pick up.
Old 10-20-09, 02:57 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
ahh see you have never had the pleasure to shop in the crenshaw blvd/Baldwin Hills walmart where everything is ghetofabulous.

where if you go in to buy the recent 300 collectors edition all you will find is this. and when you ask about buying the movie, the rude cashier trys to tell you that, everything that is in that plastic case is the bluray. (even though its clearlyjust the back paper insert and the digital copy)

At that point I just leave. The cashiers rarely know where the 'real' product is and I don't have 20 minutes to wait around while they figure it out. Spider-wraps are bad enough.
Old 10-20-09, 03:47 PM

I'm hoping that Transformers 2 (and other BD's) go cheap on Black Friday. I'm pretty much waiting for that day to buy this and a couple of other blu-rays (unless they really go down in before then).
Old 10-20-09, 08:50 PM

I just had the worst Wal-mart experience of my life. I'd been reading this thread and decided to drop in at Papa John's for the $3 off coupon. The lady at the counter gave me a bunch of them. I got past that hurdle. Then I went to Wal-mart where the tags on the shelf read $13, but there are none in stock. I go to Customer Service and ask about a raincheck. The lady acts as if I cursed her out and responded "we don't give rainchecks". Whatever.

I left the store. I went home and decided to call the other two stores to make sure they had copies in stock before I left home. Both "had copies". I went to the first store I called - not a Blu-ray in sight (but the $13 tag was there). I spoke to the lady in Electronics and she admitted that she was the one I spoke to but said "It took you long enough to get here!" I told her that it hadn't even been 30 minutes. That was her way of padding the fact that she mistakenly told me that they had Blu-rays when they didn't.

I go to the third store for the hell of it because I'm really not caring much anymore. They have over 20 copies of the Blu-ray, but they are priced $19.96 (the other two stores had them for $13). I take a copy to Customer Service and asked her if they price match other stores or offer rainchecks. Of course not. Whenever I go to Wal-mart customer service I hear: We don't. We won't. We can't. We shouldn't. We don't allow. I didn't say thank you this time and turned away from her and walked out.

At this point, I honestly couldn't care less about ever seeing this movie. That's the worst (and dumbest- I admit) part about this entire saga. I've never seen the movie and hated the first one. I always get caught up in the hype and must have it. I really wanted it for the IMAX scenes because I have a 52-inch LCD in my bedroom and wanted to get it just to see how it looks on my tv. I wouldn't accept one for free now.

Last edited by mraw; 10-20-09 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-20-09, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up TF2 at my Walmart, $19.96 minus $3 PJ coupon. Not a bad deal just a bad movie.
Old 10-20-09, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edstein
Picked up TF2 at my Walmart, $19.96 minus $3 PJ coupon. Not a bad deal just a bad movie.
So was it a gift?
Old 10-21-09, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

kids wanted it.
Old 10-24-09, 05:34 PM

Saw the new ad. Think it's for 11/1, but Ice Age 3 is 19.96 just like TF, Monsters vs. Aliens, Snow White and Wolverine.
Old 10-26-09, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours

Most walmarts started doing that when blu-ray first came out because peope kept stealing the movies, here they kept that till about a year and a half ago and just started putting those big ass circle things with wires on it then stopped and just had a cardboard picture and you had to ask, like the first one now they just leave them out with the exception of bluray TV sets like band of brothers those still have the big ass circle thing and only 1 walmart in my city still does the cardboard thing and 2 walmarts keep the blurays in a case

my ONLY complaint is they card you for R movies at my walmart no exceptions and i rarely have my wallet when i go in i just carry my bank card.. im 25 fucking years old and have a bum beard and i dont look old enough to buy a R rated movie or M rated game? i HATE walmart
Old 10-26-09, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Moleman1138
Saw the new ad. Think it's for 11/1, but Ice Age 3 is 19.96 just like TF, Monsters vs. Aliens, Snow White and Wolverine.
I was waiting for that info, thanks for posting, WM it is.
Old 11-03-09, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Saw Near Dark among the $10.00 titles this morning.
Old 11-03-09, 08:04 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Saw Near Dark among the $10.00 titles this morning.
In that wonderful, "Twilight" cover art. It doesn't even look like the same movie! I thought it was another film with the same title. SUre isn't the Near Dark I saw!
Old 11-03-09, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i just got GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra for $15.98 @ the Honolulu store.
Old 11-03-09, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by styl3s
Most walmarts started doing that when blu-ray first came out because peope kept stealing the movies, here they kept that till about a year and a half ago
see i would totally understand that logic but these dumb@SS at the baldwin hills walmart on crenshaw litteraly believe this is what you get when you want to buy the 300 collectors edition. I was going to buy it there with a price match from another store, and when i asked to get one from the counter the incredibly rude girl walked over grabbed it opened up the plastic all set to scan it and place it in the bag, and when i said something she was adamant that was the bluray and thats all you get. even the dumb@ss electronics manager and store manger agreed with her, just yesterday i went back in and they still have it there.
Old 01-06-10, 05:50 PM

Bargain Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart

I don't know if it's a sale or these movies will always be this price. At my local Wal-Mart they had these titles for $10 just in case someone might not have seen them....

The Devil wears Prada
Napoleon Dynamite
Master & Commander
Terminator: Rise of the Machines
iRobot
In the Name of the King
Transporter 1
Transporter 2
The Marine
The Marine 2
The Terminator
The Punisher (w/ John Travolta)
Road House
Point Break
Speed
Donnie Darko
Pathfinder (Unrated)
Predator
28 Days Later
My Bloody Valentine
Commando
Interview w/ a Vampire
The Running Man
The Phantom
Drop Zone
Hard Rain

Also there at my local Wal-mart several 2 packs are currently available from $15 - $20 range.

Last edited by Knightreaver; 02-14-10 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Wal-mart has expanded it's $10 blu-rays to everything from $5 to $15. With such a wide variety of good deals in both price ranges it will hard to single out $10 ones.
Old 01-07-10, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: $10 Blu-rays @ Wal-Mart

Good first post!

Useful and complete information, in the right forum, uses punctuation and spell check. Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-07-10, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Heat
Good first post!

Useful and complete information, in the right forum, uses punctuation and spell check. Welcome to the forum!
I'm afraid I can't agree. The W in The Devil Wears Prada is in lower-case. I find that most disturbing...
Old 01-07-10, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

now hopefully my wal-mart has these in stock and at that same price point.
Old 01-07-10, 11:04 AM

My brother in Mississippi told me his local WM had "Near Dark" for 10 bucks, but my Wal-Marts have a very limited selection of BD...and is usually very messy
Old 01-07-10, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine also had Righteous Kill for $10.
Old 01-07-10, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks OP! I'll go check it out
Old 01-07-10, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Heat
Good first post!

So close, but it should have gone here:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...hlight=general

I swear I just saw a shelf tag for Transformers for $10 also.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.