Print Wikipost

Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-19, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by joltman
Freaks and Geeks Collectors Edition for 24.99. I'm pretty sure it's the cheapest it's been by a good bit
Amazon is currently matching with a one to two month wait. So not faster at Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Freaks-Geeks-Complete-James-Franco/dp/B0185X2CWC/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=freaks+and+geeks+blu+ray&qid=1574722304&sr=8-1 https://www.amazon.com/Freaks-Geeks-Complete-James-Franco/dp/B0185X2CWC/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=freaks+and+geeks+blu+ray&qid=1574722304&sr=8-1
Old 11-25-19, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Amazon is currently matching with a one to two month wait. So not faster at Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Freaks-Geeks-...4722304&sr=8-1
I ordered it on Amazon. I'm not in any hurry and I get a $1 credit for chosing slower shipping.
Old 11-27-19, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

I’ve been successful in the past with the “regular” shelf copy with no BF sticker also. This is great early on or later if the cardboard bin is out but the shelf is fully stocked

Sometimes this can even net you a little more, as little as a slip cover or as much as the DVD or digital copy that isn’t in the cheaper stickered version.
Old 11-27-19, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
I don’t know if that’s true. I couldn’t find some of the $7.96 4Ks last year in the BF displays and I went to the main movie area and took them off the shelf and they scanned at the sale price. They were even in those plastic theft deterrent cases.
It probably depends on how they're entered into the system; some might not have a different UPC code on the back, so they'll scan at the same price whether or not they're from the shippers. The last few years the Walmart I've been to has had a sign up that specifically said they would only honor the Black Friday prices on the DVDs/Blu-rays/4Ks that had the colored PROMO stickers on them.

I haven't tried to get an "off-the-sheld" disc in a while. I tried once six or seven years ago and it rang up at the regular price.

I'd say it's a very YMMV thing; you might get lucky on some discs, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old 11-29-19, 08:57 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
It probably depends on how they're entered into the system; some might not have a different UPC code on the back, so they'll scan at the same price whether or not they're from the shippers. The last few years the Walmart I've been to has had a sign up that specifically said they would only honor the Black Friday prices on the DVDs/Blu-rays/4Ks that had the colored PROMO stickers on them.

I haven't tried to get an "off-the-sheld" disc in a while. I tried once six or seven years ago and it rang up at the regular price.

I'd say it's a very YMMV thing; you might get lucky on some discs, but I wouldn't count on it.
I just did it again this year. I went before 6pm and took them all off the shelf of the regular area and they scanned the sale price. It doesn't matter if the promo sticker is on it. I don't think it is YMMV at all. I've seen plenty of people say they've done this and there is no reason why it shouldn't work either.
Old 11-29-19, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
I just did it again this year. I went before 6pm and took them all off the shelf of the regular area and they scanned the sale price. It doesn't matter if the promo sticker is on it. I don't think it is YMMV at all. I've seen plenty of people say they've done this and there is no reason why it shouldn't work either.
Part of the YMMV is that some stores stripped their movie department of most/all BF items a week before (my 2 home stores did this, my in-laws closest store didn't) or blocked physcial access to the Movie Section
Some stores won't let some of the cashiers do a checkout of 'too low' priced items and even some self checkout people are on the lookout for such behaviour
I found several items that were supposed to part of the BF sale that were scanning at regular price (3 of the 8 items I scanned)
Old 11-30-19, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

It seems that each Walmart dictates how they run Black Friday. I also discovered this year that not every Walmart receives the same amount of Black Friday items.
Old 12-01-19, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from walmart "raiding" there steelbook collection, Got all three John wick movies and Pupl fiction and Taken collection all for 50$! Either someone priced wrong or there sysrem is messed up
Old 12-12-19, 06:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I recent went to walmart to check what they had left of bf movies any and guess they reboxed and save or just sent back any by chance. i scored minions br ,dvd, digital for $5 from bin. but not sure if that now reg price for br since they got bin so full and maxed out in ways or it just sale price for holidays. cause if they want stuff to sale they need put the price on their sign thing besides just slogans wheatever it might be at time. they even have bins of dvds in back maxed or almost max out space cause many or some have gone to streaming for movies now. we know walmart wanna keep banking but might wanna try make dvds cheaper cause they are now competeing with thrift stores lol for dvds used or not and even dollar tree lol. i had to actually use the store scanner to get an idea of cost and scnned twice to make sure i saw it right lol. so 5 bucks for br combo to me is not bad and both got the same extras so u not gotta get a new player just to check out extras later lol. now if not wanna fight for space at thrift cause of where they had media stored and sometimes those around seem to have some idea what they want but sometime not lol. may have to hit up walmart more for br now and really see of movies i really want have a combo by chance and after get a get limit scan all to make sure they are all same price lol. cause that is like 5 dollar tree movies by chance or 2 thrift store dvd lol. so many options lol.
Old 01-20-20, 01:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wrote an epic poem about Walmart. It goes something like this ...

I heart Walmart
Yes I do
I heart Walmart
How 'bout you?

If you say no.
It'll break my heart
So please say yes
and we'll fill up our cart ... at Walmart!

©2020
The following users liked this post:
DVD Polizei (07-22-20)
Old 01-20-20, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Every corporation should have an official poet on staff.
The following users liked this post:
DVD Polizei (07-22-20)
Old 02-03-20, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Mandy (Blu-ray) $5 with free instore pick up.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mandy-Blu-ray/546885118
Old 02-18-20, 07:17 PM

Have not been to wm for awhile, so i wonder what new they have added to the bins. just gotta wait till check dollar tree for new sale on media then can check walmart lol. cause what i may spend at walmart can stretch it easier at dollar tree and can get more movies for the money.
Old 02-19-20, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Most stores I've visited are down to one bin filled with DVDs and BDs together. The DVDs actually might be the better value since they now often include a bonus digital copy of a different movie.
Old 02-19-20, 05:56 PM

My store i go to most, have a dvd bins for 3.74 dvd and otehr 5 bucks and then last went blu rays was 5 by chance. some reason last saw they like combined the 2 dvd bins for some reason. i in area where media is priced different depends where u go. so after go dollar tree friday if none new i want or get none for any reason, then can check walmart after.
Old 04-13-20, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Does anyone know if Walmart is accepting returns at the moment?

I did a Ship To Store for a 4K BD, which I picked up today. It looks like a car ran it over after a dog chewed on it.
Old 04-14-20, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Does anyone know if Walmart is accepting returns at the moment?
I don't believe Walmart (unlike Target and other stores) has made any changes to their return policy.
Looks like you can save yourself a trip to the store (assuming you have access to a printer) by using their free return by mail option.
https://www.walmart.com/cp/free-returns/1231920
The following 2 users liked this post by clappj:
asianxcore (04-16-20), laidbacklarkin (04-14-20)
Old 04-16-20, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

The LOTR EE BD's were onsale for $5.99, but it's obviously out of stock now.
Old 04-16-20, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by clappj
I don't believe Walmart (unlike Target and other stores) has made any changes to their return policy.
Looks like you can save yourself a trip to the store (assuming you have access to a printer) by using their free return by mail option.
https://www.walmart.com/cp/free-returns/1231920
I can only guess unless got staff to wipe down stuff cause virus, they not take any returns . not sure if all stores same way but some wont take returns right now.
Old 06-13-20, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Batman Complete Series (Repackage/Blu-ray) - $34.96
Free shipping is $35 at Walmart.

This is the slim set in Elite cases, not the Digipack set. I just ordered at Target to get the extra Redcard savings and did a online price match that was very fast and simple at Target.
Amazon was price matching.but no longer

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-Th...-ray/767620502

Last edited by JoeySeven; 06-15-20 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-12-20, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Walmart is carrying some more Shout Factory titles. Some from both the Shout Select and Scream Factory lines. The ones I remember seeing are:

Brewster’s Millions
Firestarter
Road House

Starman

I think others have reported seeing others too. Such as:

Big Trouble in Little China
Cobra
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Escape From New York
The Thing
When Harry Met Sally

I can’t remember pricing, but I want to say they were mostly $9.96 and maybe some at $12.96.
Old 07-14-20, 06:38 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I picked up Firestarter for 12.96. Some stores have even had The Fly Collection for $40, unfortunately none by me.
Old 07-15-20, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Saw most of those. Grabbed Dirty Rotten Scoundrels for $12.96 and Big Trouble in Little China for $14.96.
Old 11-11-20, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Personal Shopper CC BD is $15.99

Old 11-11-20, 11:33 PM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Personal Shopper CC BD is $15.99
Walmart and its terrible search function: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Personal-...-ray/729590440

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.