DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/560355-walmart-walmart-com-discounts-deals-blu-ray.html)

lwhy? 04-17-12 09:48 AM

re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

I went to two different Wal-Marts to look for Winter's Bone and Adventureland. I gave up and just purchased them on walmart.com. It was just $2 each to have them shipped to me. That way I won't have to go in Wal-Mart again. $15.30 total.

Pizza 04-18-12 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 11192495)
TYVM! I just compared the DVDtalk DVD SE review to the BD review at blu-ray.com. Every single extra feature is present and accounted for. The times vary by a few seconds, but that can be expected. Unfortunately, it's all in SD, but I'm just happy it's all there. Now I can safely sell my DVD! Off to my local WM to look for Poseidon Adventure! :)

Ironically, the blu-ray was much lower in cost than the DVD. Towering Inferno came out so long ago I had given up hope on PA. I was quite shocked when I saw a copy sitting on the shelf. Wasn't expecting it and gleefully grabbed it immediately. One of those nice find moments.

clckworang 04-18-12 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by lwhy? (Post 11193420)
I went to two different Wal-Marts to look for Winter's Bone and Adventureland. I gave up and just purchased them on walmart.com. It was just $2 each to have them shipped to me. That way I won't have to go in Wal-Mart again. $15.30 total.

I keep meaning to go into one more Wal-Mart to check for Adventureland, but I'm leaning toward just ordering from the website, too.

Manzana 04-19-12 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by clckworang (Post 11195031)
I keep meaning to go into one more Wal-Mart to check for Adventureland, but I'm leaning toward just ordering from the website, too.

I thought Adventureland was at Disneyland? :D Seriously, though, I bought it from Blockbuster last year as part of the 5 for $20 used BDs, and I still haven't watched it. $5 is a good price for a new one.

JimRochester 04-19-12 03:54 PM

Enjoyable movie but not really one I'd frequently watch. I also got it BB 5/20. If not I probably would not have bothered

SteveA 04-29-12 05:47 PM

Went to WM for the first time in a while. The store now has a $7.50 Blu-Ray "dump bin." Not really a dump bin because all the titles are laid on end so you can see what they are, and only one level deep. Only thing I found of interest was 3:10 to Yuma (new version). I got the only one in the display.

My Other Self 04-29-12 06:11 PM

None of my Walmarts have the dump bin and I haven't found Adventureland yet. I've looked all over for it.

wd40cloud 04-30-12 11:46 AM

I finally found the Lionsgate $5 display at the Fairhaven, MA store. It was in the back of the store, where they have layaway and in-store pickups. Unfortunately, it was pretty picked over (didn't concern me as I own a lot of the titles anyway). I was able to snag My Best Friend's Girl (a guilty pleasure of mine) so I was pleased.

Brent L 04-30-12 02:22 PM

I finally found City of God and picked it up over the weekend.

Brian T 05-01-12 02:32 PM

Apologies in advance if this is ancient news, but I was in a U.S. Walmart on the weekend (in Michigan) and saw a standee with $10 Warner Blu-rays, including Gettysburg (single disc), Gods & Generals (single disc, I think), Sucker Punch (felt like combo packs), Unknown, Hangover, Exorcist, and maybe 10 or 15 others. I'm sure that's a common price for those titles nowadays, and maybe the standee was old, but I went back a few pages here and didn't see any of them mentioned, so . . .

cdoug57 05-02-12 01:32 PM

Searching for Hell On Wheels, found that Walmart has this on pre-order for $19.96 for the blu-ray.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/20564326

Might be of interest to some.

Doug

joe_b 05-27-12 02:14 PM

Saw two copies of the single disc Green Lantern: Extended Cut for $7.50 yesterday. The artwork on both of them was sticking out about half an inch at the top (obscuring the silver BD case logo) and had become pretty wrinkled, so I pass on it.

There were a few WB titles in the $5 to $7.50 range: Wedding Crashers (definitely $5), Gran Torino, 17 Again.... plus a couple others I can't recall at the moment.

Paul1957 05-28-12 08:17 PM

I picked up Universal Soldier today for 5 bucks.

joe_b 06-10-12 12:31 AM

Was in Sam's Club today and spotted a few $4.98 blu-rays mixed in with the DVDs:

17 Again
Alexander Revisited
Gran Torino
Lost Boys: The Thirst
Splice
The Time Traveler's Wife
Valentine's Day

No slips on them and they did not appear to be combo packs.

flix1 06-10-12 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by joe_b (Post 11266272)
Was in Sam's Club today and spotted a few $4.98 blu-rays mixed in with the DVDs:

17 Again
Alexander Revisited
Gran Torino
Splice
The Time Traveler's Wife
Valentine's Day

Best Buy had most of these for $4.99 a few weeks back. I think Splice is the only one that wasn't included then.

Robert 06-10-12 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by joe_b (Post 11266272)

17 Again
Alexander Revisited
Gran Torino
Splice
The Time Traveler's Wife
Valentine's Day

The theatrical cut of <b>Sucker Punch</b> is also $4.98

Rexxriot 06-10-12 06:08 PM

I picked up Star Trek (3 disc) for $5. It was $20 last week.

DJariya 06-10-12 07:51 PM

The new Chuck Norris BD's, which are exclusive to Walmart were released this past week and at a pretty good price. $7.96 each.

The Delta Force
Missing in Action 1 and 2

Alternative3 06-17-12 02:54 PM

YMMV of course.

I saw Blade: Trinity at my local Wal Mart for $9.96 today. I did not see the first Blade though.

bigjim25 06-17-12 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Alternative3 (Post 11274990)
YMMV of course.

I saw Blade: Trinity at my local Wal Mart for $9.96 today. I did not see the first Blade though.

Seen both at mine and they had $5 Dark Knight Rises movie cash with them

flix1 06-17-12 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Alternative3 (Post 11274990)

Same here. Bought Trinity but did not see the first one.

TheMovieman 06-18-12 12:54 PM

Well, 0/3 in my area... (on the Blade movies)

gryffinmaster 06-18-12 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman (Post 11275983)
Well, 0/3 in my area... (on the Blade movies)

You're not alone: no dice at my local store, either.

Hopefully they'll throw it on the shelf tomorrow (the actual release date), or the next day. They ain't exactly the cream of the Wally World crop there.

lordzeppelin 06-18-12 03:00 PM

I found and bought Trinity last nite. $5 DKR cash sticker on it. I spun it up quickly in e PS3, and it looks pretty solid. I'll have to give it a critical watch soon. I really am dying to watch the first in HD...

TheMovieman 06-19-12 04:52 PM

Well, checked at lunch and nada at either store (not even a place for it), so I just bit the bullet and ordered it online. $8 more between the two but given this apparently stealth release by Warner, who knows when this area will get it in.

jmsmath 06-20-12 12:12 AM

Just ordered The American online with free site-to-store shipping for $6.96.

Goldberg74 06-21-12 05:16 PM

I found a Walmart Exclusive Triple Feature of the TMNT I-III for $15! It's a repackage of the old Bluray set in a triple case (with the pizza top disc art inside). Not available online... yet.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5205/47179large.jpg

Rexxriot 06-21-12 07:52 PM

I got Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Walmart exclusive for $5 today.

whotony 06-21-12 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 11280595)
I found a Walmart Exclusive Triple Feature of the TMNT I-III for $15! It's a repackage of the old Bluray set in a triple case (with the pizza top disc art inside). Not available online... yet.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5205/47179large.jpg

Someone found it about three weeks ago.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/602...a-turtles.html

That'sAllFolks 06-22-12 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rexxriot (Post 11280740)

Thank you. Snagged a copy today.

boc4ever 06-22-12 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rexxriot (Post 11280740)

Thanks for the heads up. Is this in a special place?

Rexxriot 06-23-12 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by boc4ever (Post 11282036)
Thanks for the heads up. Is this in a special place?

I found it on an endcap next to about 20 copies of the 2 disc Star Trek (2009) DVD. I think some people have found copies in the $7.88 blu-ray bin or the $5 DVD bin.

Manzana 06-23-12 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rexxriot (Post 11282505)
I found it on an endcap next to about 20 copies of the 2 disc Star Trek (2009) DVD. I think some people have found copies in the $7.88 blu-ray bin or the $5 DVD bin.

I looked everywhere and on endcaps. I didn't see the Transformers 2 BD anywhere, and as usual the employees didn't know anything and wouldn't even try to find it. They basically just said "I haven't seen it for a long time so I'm pretty sure we don't have it".

Ropes Pierre 06-23-12 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 11282650)
I looked everywhere and on endcaps. I didn't see the Transformers 2 BD anywhere, and as usual the employees didn't know anything and wouldn't even try to find it. They basically just said "I haven't seen it for a long time so I'm pretty sure we don't have it".

I think that mean manager who hates you, sees you coming and hides them all. Next time ask about a movie you don't want and throw them off the scent.

Sweet Baby James 06-23-12 01:56 PM

My store has a 3 sided stand-up display at the entrance of the store. The first two sides have the new releases for the past week or two. The third side has Transformers and Star Trek.:)

CaptainMarvel 06-23-12 07:02 PM

I've only been able to find Blade Trinity on BR at my store... Blade 1 is nowhere to be seen. Hrm.

That'sAllFolks 06-23-12 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 11282650)

The WM I got the Star Trek 3D from had them in the back. They were insistent that they didn't have any. I was insistent that they look and I even got an apology when she found a whole bunch of them in the back. The main WM I go to had said they had neither the Star Trek or Transformers and were insistent that they were NOT going to look, so I know getting them to do things like this is a big YMMV.

BTW, I went past WM (where I got the TF) today and they had the Transformers on the side of an endcap with a $5 price sticker above them, so I guess after my visit, she put them out.

PhantomStranger 06-24-12 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James (Post 11282713)
My store has a 3 sided stand-up display at the entrance of the store. The first two sides have the new releases for the past week or two. The third side has Transformers and Star Trek.:)

That's exactly where I've seen them at multiple locations.

TheMovieman 06-24-12 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel (Post 11282907)
I've only been able to find Blade Trinity on BR at my store... Blade 1 is nowhere to be seen. Hrm.

Nice that yours even had that. None in my area has either one (not to mention Target and Best Buy). As I said before, quite the stealth release by Warner...

vgc 06-24-12 07:08 AM

These may have been mentioned before, but there was a new display of Blu Ray/DVD two packs. They have both the Blu Ray and the DVD in seperate cases for $9.96. The movies I remember were The Town, and Pale Rider. There were at least 16 titles but I was only interested in those two so I don't remember the other titles.