DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/560355-walmart-walmart-com-discounts-deals-blu-ray.html)

b2net 05-05-13 05:48 PM

re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Spotted 1 lone copy of Transformers 2 Big Screen Edition Blu-ray today for $5.. It was on top of a pile of the DVD, which was $21.96.... and the kicker is that this area was labeled as Clearance... uh ..yeah.. the DVD for that price is a good clearance ..... for whom.. when the Blu-ray is there for $5.. anyway.. I passed as I already got it when it was on their web-site for $5.78 (+ tx) shipped to store.. so I had no reason to grab it.. but maybe others will have luck finding it again..

btw.. they had the special edition of the JJ Abrams Star Trek DVD also clearance priced that high... w/o any Blu-ray... but there is still hope it will show up as well..

asianxcore 05-05-13 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 11679135)
Spotted 1 lone copy of Transformers 2 Big Screen Edition Blu-ray today for $5.. It was on top of a pile of the DVD, which was $21.96.... and the kicker is that this area was labeled as Clearance... uh ..yeah.. the DVD for that price is a good clearance ..... for whom.. when the Blu-ray is there for $5.. anyway.. I passed as I already got it when it was on their web-site for $5.78 (+ tx) shipped to store.. so I had no reason to grab it.. but maybe others will have luck finding it again..

I saw a lone copy at the American Canyon, CA store last night. I passed on it only because it looked like a dog chewed on it.

Axeramm 05-06-13 03:13 AM

Huge display of steelbooks being set up in my Wal-Mart today or tomorrow. They are the ones that showed up at Best Buy last round with a few additions that I noticed. Priced at 12.96.

The new additions that I don't remember seeing at Best Buy last round:

Hulk
Hellboy 2
Chronicles of Riddick
Pitch Black
Death Race
Transformers
Transformers 3
Braveheart
Batman
Batman Returns
Doom
Watchmen (this may have already been out)
Scarface
Van Helsing
Serenity
Scott Pilgrim
Deep Impact
War of the Worlds
Mission Impossible
Mission Impossible 4
Gladiator
Patriot (or Patriot Games)
Hunt for the Red October
Godfather
Chinatown
Heat
The Town
The Last Samurai
True Grit
Face Off
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2

Moviefan02 05-06-13 09:35 AM

I came across a couple copies of the made-for-TV movie "Change of Plans" 3-Disc "Bonus Pack" (blu-ray+DVD+music CD combo) in the $5 DVD bin over the weekend. It had a Walmart exclusive family movie night slipcover, it's probably crap but someone on here may be interested.

Whiskey Warfield 05-08-13 05:52 PM

Picked up the Hellboy II and Van Helsing steelbooks.

RagingBull80 05-11-13 05:07 PM

I saw several of those steelbooks at my Wal-Mart today. I went to another store yesterday and they didn't have any. I picked up Batman because I've been meaning to pick that up lately and the price was pretty good. I don't really care about steelbooks but for $12.96 I thought it was a good deal. I'll go pack and pick up Batman Returns in the near future.

PhantomStranger 05-11-13 10:13 PM

They had a number of relatively recent releases like Dredd priced at $12.96. Sinister was priced at $14.96, if memory serves. No special display or anything, these were mixed in on the standard racks.

EddieMoney 05-13-13 03:11 PM

Grabbed Warrior and Sin City for $7.88 each. Grabbed Rob Roy and Dead Man Walking for $5 each.

JTH182 05-13-13 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 11689855)
Grabbed Warrior and Sin City for $7.88 each. Grabbed Rob Roy and Dead Man Walking for $5 each.

Sin City is $5 at best buy. Free shipping too.

SPiRAL 05-14-13 01:35 AM

Warrior is worth it !

DVD Polizei 05-14-13 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by asianxcore (Post 11679198)
I saw a lone copy at the American Canyon, CA store last night. I passed on it only because it looked like a dog chewed on it.

Walmart doesn't give that many breaks to its employees.

Kedrix 05-19-13 01:17 AM

Probably old news, but I picked up Poseidon Adventure (1972) from the $7.88 bin tonight. Too darn tempting :)

hyperion 05-19-13 03:50 AM

Picked up Dead Man Walking and Batman (1966) for $5 on a dedicated (and somewhat hidden) aisle display.

yellahoosh 05-25-13 07:12 PM

Can anyone in Northern CA confirm seeing the Warrior blu-ray for $7.88? I've been to 5 (yes, 5!) stores and I can only find the regular DVD of it. I've dug in the bins and looked on the shelves to no avail.

JimRochester 05-26-13 09:37 AM

I know Wal Mart has them because I saw one the other day but 3000 miles is probably a bit far to travel

AdamGott 05-26-13 09:41 AM

Blood Simple and the Titanic mini-series were on a 'new' $5 rack at our local Wal-Mart (Idaho Falls, ID).

The Titanic VUDU code expired in December though.

PhantomStranger 05-26-13 02:32 PM

Some Walmarts have a new rack of television releases, both DVD and Blu-ray. Some of them, like the 4th season of Fringe, include a $5 VUDU credit and have a new removable placard on the outside claiming exclusivity at Walmart. Has anyone bought one of these 4th season Fringe sets and does it include the UltraViolet copy that was originally included in the Blu-ray set? Warner Bros. has a nasty habit of dropping features like that in repressings and there is no mention of a UV digital copy on the outside of the packaging.

yellahoosh 06-16-13 08:30 AM

I finally found Warrior at WM. They had a VUDU movie bin at the Plaza Parkway location in Modesto.

b2net 07-07-13 04:37 PM

$6 blu-rays at walmart

PhantomStranger 07-07-13 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 11756574)

Many of them come with $2 VUDU credits. This is a temporary promotion intended for a cardboard display.

Kedrix 07-13-13 02:53 PM

Picked up Pan's Labyrinth (with $8 WB Movie Money) and The Thing (newer prequel) for $7.88 a piece. The $8 WB Movie Moneys were on PL, Blades (I&II, didn't see III), Green Lantern, 300, Titans movies, and other things along those lines. Good for any WB Movie from 7/12 to 8/18.

Edit: According to the website, they list Pacific Rim, The Conjuring and We're the Millers. I can't say I'm all that excited about any of them. Hrmmm...

Nate Boss 07-22-13 10:40 PM

Wal-Mart has an exclusive triple feature in stores now, the Matrix 1-3 for 12.96, packaged just like the rest of the WB triple features (three horizontal strip cover), with a slipcover for those who are ridiculous.

Their display that they dedicated to steelbooks is now about 50% multi-features for 12.96

b2net 12-03-13 08:00 PM

From the Wal-Mart Black Friday Thread..

Originally Posted by soundman2 (Post 11931590)
Ben-Hur: 50th Anniversary Edition (Ultimate Collector's Edition) (Blu-ray) for $22.96

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ben-Hur-50...ingMethod=p13n

West Side Story (50th Anniversary Edition) (Blu-ray + Standard DVD) (Widescreen) for $19.96

http://www.walmart.com/ip/West-Side-...creen/17354515

West Side Story (50th Anniversary Edition) (Blu-ray + Standard DVD) (Widescreen) for $9.96

http://www.walmart.com/ip/West-Side-...ingMethod=p13n

Not sure the difference between the two WSS

crikey 12-04-13 10:18 PM

Casablanca 70th and Citizen Kane 70th (the LE with the DVD of The Magnificent Ambersons) -- $11.96 each right now.

laidbacklarkin 12-04-13 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by crikey (Post 11934550)
Casablanca 70th and Citizen Kane 70th (the LE with the DVD of The Magnificent Ambersons) -- $11.96 each right now.

all OOS

crikey 12-05-13 06:15 AM

Well, that was quick.

PhantomStranger 12-05-13 01:50 PM

Walmart's prices on the Ben-Hur and West Side Story sets are still good.

That'sAllFolks 12-07-13 10:08 AM

You can probably get Duck Dynasty DVD 1/2/3 for 4.96 after 5.00 coupon at coupons.com

I say "probably" because technically the coupon is for another S1-S3 set, but it worked for me. YMMV. I was thinking of returning this set, but I did a return/rebuy, so for 5 bucks I'll check it out.

GuessWho 12-12-13 12:08 AM

Mulitipacks seen in my store today for $6.96

LOTR trilogy (theatrical)
Matrix trilogy
Austin Powers trilogy
TMNT trilogy
Goonies/Gremlins/Gremlins 2
Ben Hur/10 Commandments

Axeramm 12-12-13 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by GuessWho (Post 11942634)
Mulitipacks seen in my store today for $6.96

LOTR trilogy (theatrical)
Matrix trilogy
Austin Powers trilogy
TMNT trilogy
Goonies/Gremlins/Gremlins 2
Ben Hur/10 Commandments

those were part of the black friday deals i believe.

b2net 12-17-13 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Easy (Post 11947887)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Holiday-Cl...Frame/15080728

Miracle on 34th Street/A Christmas Carol

Free store pickup

from this thread
Walmart - 2 holiday movies (blu) $10

Trevor 12-17-13 06:33 PM

^ And Amazon has a version with those two BDs and two others for $12.96.

Easy 12-17-13 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 11948825)
^ And Amazon has a version with those two BDs and two others for $12.96.

No, they don't. A Christmas Carol is the same but that is a more modern (and inferior) version of Miracle on 34th Street. The other two films... no thanks.

Steve 01-01-14 04:22 PM

just got back from walmart. Was very surprised to see a semi-BLack Friday carousel of Blu-rays at $4.96. Most of these seemed to be the ones on sale at BF for $3.96, just $1 more. X-men trilogy, Die hard trilogy, etc. But there were a few that I didn't expect - Die Hard 5 and Prometheus. They also had Speed and all the Ice Age films.

It was a pretty big carousel - box shaped, colored blue - in the movie section. Hard to miss it.

snorlaxnut 01-02-14 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 11963626)
just got back from walmart. Was very surprised to see a semi-BLack Friday carousel of Blu-rays at $4.96. Most of these seemed to be the ones on sale at BF for $3.96, just $1 more. X-men trilogy, Die hard trilogy, etc. But there were a few that I didn't expect - Die Hard 5 and Prometheus. They also had Speed and all the Ice Age films.

It was a pretty big carousel - box shaped, colored blue - in the movie section. Hard to miss it.

I saw it. Picked up the following Blu-rays for $4.96:

X-Men: First Class (bare bones, no special features)
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer
The Rocky Horror Picture Show: 35th Anniversary Edition
It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (Will replace with the Criterion Collection version later. Just wanted to replace my VHS tape of it.)

mattysemo247 01-02-14 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by snorlaxnut (Post 11964195)
I saw it. Picked up the following Blu-rays for $4.96:

X-Men: First Class (bare bones, no special features)

Why not spend an extra dollar and grab the regular version from Amazon?

boc4ever 01-02-14 11:33 AM

I picked up the Family Guy Blue Harvest and It's a Trap. They moved the display at the Parkesburg, PA location to a table next to the register. I wanted the Die Hard, but wanted the special features, so I passed on that. Great deals though!

snorlaxnut 01-02-14 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 (Post 11964245)
Why not spend an extra dollar and grab the regular version from Amazon?

I would have to also pay $3.99 shipping + sales tax, and wait at least a week for it.

Just wanted to replace the DVD copy. I don't watch special features much.

DVD Polizei 01-02-14 08:12 PM

Walmart is getting rather smart in making sure their customers see the sales.

Steve 01-03-14 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by boc4ever (Post 11964268)
I picked up the Family Guy Blue Harvest and It's a Trap. They moved the display at the Parkesburg, PA location to a table next to the register. I wanted the Die Hard, but wanted the special features, so I passed on that. Great deals though!

Wait- there are multiple version of Die Hard Blu-ray? I only thought there was one! The Die Hard BRs I bought from WM on BF all had special features. Are you saying the version they have now is feature-less?