Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Gamestop Buy 2G1F Sale Still Going On

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-06, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Gamestop Buy 2G1F Sale Still Going On

The clerk at Gamestop told me this sale will probably run indefinitely now in order to clear out the huge stock of used dvds.

You can B2G1 free on all used dvds including boxsets. The sweet thing is the current issue of Game Informer magazine has a coupon for an additional 10% off. Combine that with your Gamestop membership card, and that's 20% off the sticker price.

If you don't have an issue of the magazine, they will let you buy one, and use the coupon immediately.
Old 02-08-06, 01:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hit up 4 GameStop's today, and was surprised to see that the sale was still going. But, hey. Indefinately sounds good to me. I took a few days off to let 'em restock, and only one store produced any real results.

SEALED "Fear and Loathing" - $11.79 w/ GS VC (Sold for $18.99)
Disney's "Dinosaur" 2 Disk SE - $7.20 w/ GS VC (Sold for $14.99)
WWF Best of RAW 2 Disk Set - FREE w/ B2G1F Sale (Keeping for myself)

The RAW set is OOP, and goes for around $30 used, and I had been keeping an eye out for it, so it was a good day, coupled with finding "Brazil" and "The Car" for $2.99 a piece at a local pawn shop.
Old 02-08-06, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This applies to EBGames as well, I've found, since they are owned by the same company now.
Old 02-08-06, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
The sweet thing is the current issue of Game Informer magazine has a coupon for an additional 10% off. Combine that with your Gamestop membership card, and that's 20% off the sticker price.
Most GameStop stores will not allow that.
Old 02-08-06, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange

I've done it at 2 stores now. I really don't see why it would be a problem. What is the difference between me buying the magazine first, going to my car, clip out the coupon, and then come back and buy with it?
Old 02-08-06, 09:18 AM
Banned

On the most recent coupon, parodying an online messaging session, complete with "leet speak", the coupon itself SUGGESTS you use both in conjunction with each other. I've done it all the time, and in the other GameStop threads, there have been claims of employees GIVING YOU the coupon with or without the GS VC.

Must be visiting some uninformed locations...

Hell. I recently did a trade in, used my VC and a 10% extra credit coupon, and on the same transaction, used a 10% off coupon, without any problems. With $24 in store credit, got all 3 seasons of Sealab 2021 for $13 after discounts.

Last edited by Cinemaddiction; 02-08-06 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-08-06, 11:31 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by imp66
This applies to EBGames as well, I've found, since they are owned by the same company now.
yah supposed to be the same company, but EBgames don't seem to have the same promotions.
Old 02-08-06, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
I've done it at 2 stores now. I really don't see why it would be a problem. What is the difference between me buying the magazine first, going to my car, clip out the coupon, and then come back and buy with it?
I got slapped with it a week or so ago. Two different locations showed me an e-mail from corporate that stated you couldn't use the B2G1, Card discount, and coupon on the same transaction.

Maybe they quickly pulled that rule or something. It's DEFINATELY not a ridiculous assertation, though.
Old 02-08-06, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cheapbrass
yah supposed to be the same company, but EBgames don't seem to have the same promotions.
I've been to three locations, and they have the signs up and everything. If you go to the web site, it lists both EBGames and Gamestop, and has this special right on the front page. Worst case you could print it and takeit with you if you wanted to try it at EBGames.
Old 02-09-06, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This deal has been going on for so long that everything has been picked over at my local stores. Guess it's time to move.
Old 02-09-06, 02:27 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by imp66
I've been to three locations, and they have the signs up and everything. If you go to the web site, it lists both EBGames and Gamestop, and has this special right on the front page. Worst case you could print it and takeit with you if you wanted to try it at EBGames.
does EBgames also have a buy 3 $5.99 pre-owned dvds for $10 deal?
Old 02-09-06, 02:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope. But the sometimes price their DVD at $3.99.
Old 02-09-06, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Down
I got slapped with it a week or so ago. Two different locations showed me an e-mail from corporate that stated you couldn't use the B2G1, Card discount, and coupon on the same transaction.

Maybe they quickly pulled that rule or something. It's DEFINATELY not a ridiculous assertation, though.
Yeah it's just to save them a little bit of money. It does save them money if you don't think so, because there are a select few who will start the process but be too lazy to go through all the hassle.

It reminds me of a while ago when Best Buy used to put $5 off coupons on their gift cards for video games. So I'd get a gift card, put 10 or so bucks on it, rip off the coupon, and buy a game using the gift card, the coupon, and the rest of my money. It worked every time, and once even the register lady gave me props for figuring it out, but BB didn't have rules against it.
Old 02-09-06, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The GS deal has been great for me. Using the product availability function on the website has saved me a lot of time and money. New releases are always being traded in at my local stores so in the last few weeks I've picked up titles like Corpse Bride, Hustle and Flow, Wedding Crashers, Red Eye, Constant Gardener, and In Her Shoes. I've noticed a lot of new titles are being stickered at $12.99 or $9.99 instead of the usual $14.99 so coupled with the Gamer's card and the 10% coupon., getting near brand spankin new WS releases for $20-$25 has been quite unreal.
Old 02-11-06, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Checked in on a couple last night for the first time in probably a month and a half. Deal still going on, but not a whole lot there. I actually went on the impulse of the idea that they may have some of the wrestling DVDs I've been wanting, but haven't shelled the cash out for. I was quite estatic to find the three-disc Bret Hart set for $9.99 there. Looking at the price tag, it would seem that it may have been a mistake, since it was clearly a tag for the Best of Wrestlemania DVD.
Old 02-11-06, 10:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nonametofame
New releases are always being traded in at my local stores so in the last few weeks I've picked up titles like Corpse Bride, Hustle and Flow, Wedding Crashers, Red Eye, Constant Gardener, and In Her Shoes.
You're more than likely picking up stolen merchandise. It's pretty convenient when I walk into CD Warehouse and GameStop, and they have multiple copies of brand new movies as "used", the day of or after their release. My store manager friend at CD Warehouse and Lincoln Pawn in Blaine told me themselves, it's a "don't ask/don't tell" kind of operation, because they both make money, and while they'll willfully admit it's stolen merchandise, nobody else can prove it. Namely, the police.
Old 02-12-06, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I see this sale lasting a few more months. I don't know about anyone else's area, but here's the situation in Flint, MI:

NW of town: Genesee Valley Mall, with an EB and a Gamestop inside. Directly across the street is a strip mall with another Gamestop (run by a crew that will take anything in, no matter how damaged or incomplete, because their manager wants to win the numbers competition).

NE of town: Courtland Center with a Gamestop inside. A half mile down the street is an EB games (which will take in anything be it damaged or stolen), and directly across the street is a strip mall with a Gamestop.

Those 2 areas are about a 15 minute drive apart. So we have 6 stores in close proximity.

Obviously some of the stores are going to be closed, but what will they do with all the overstock of used items? I figure they want to eliminate at least one store from each area, and all 6 are over-flowing with used DVD's right now.

Of course what they don't realize is that most of their DVD's are over-priced crap, even with the B2G1F.
Old 02-12-06, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The same three I went to also had this sal going on. In talking to one of the managers, he told me that they are sort of treated lke the "red-headed step-child" since being "absorbed", so they were basically told, "Run the sales if you want". He indicated that may change in the future, but he assumed that's why some run them, and some don't. Whether that's all true or not is in question.
Old 02-12-06, 10:07 AM

I see this sale lasting a few more months. I don't know about anyone else's area, but here's the situation in Flint, MI:

NW of town: Genesee Valley Mall, with an EB and a Gamestop inside. Directly across the street is a strip mall with another Gamestop (run by a crew that will take anything in, no matter how damaged or incomplete, because their manager wants to win the numbers competition).

NE of town: Courtland Center with a Gamestop inside. A half mile down the street is an EB games (which will take in anything be it damaged or stolen), and directly across the street is a strip mall with a Gamestop.

Those 2 areas are about a 15 minute drive apart. So we have 6 stores in close proximity.

Obviously some of the stores are going to be closed, but what will they do with all the overstock of used items? I figure they want to eliminate at least one store from each area, and all 6 are over-flowing with used DVD's right now.

Of course what they don't realize is that most of their DVD's are over-priced crap, even with the B2G1F.

I find it is hit or miss with their pricing. I was in Gamestop yesterday, and the clerk told me that they had CSI boxsets on sale too. Yea sure buddy, I'm going to pay 39.99 for a used beat up boxset when I can get the same set brand new at Walmart for 42 bucks. I did grab The Pink Panther Collection in mint condition for 30 bucks though.
Old 02-12-06, 10:12 AM

Yea, I've been hitting these up for that past 2 months. For some reason all the GameStops around me have a shit load of James Bond OOP dvds, not only that but they're priced at only 10 bucks. I've picked up...

On Her Majestys Secret Service - 10.00
Goldeneye - 10.00
Goldfinger - FREE
Tomorrow Never Dies - 10.00
The Living Daylights - 10.00
You Only Live Twice - Free
The World is Not Enough - 10.00
Licence to Kill - 10.00

Overall it's been pretty sweet. Also I find that it's basically 6 dvd's for 30 bucks. 3 for 10, and 3 for 20 (buy 2 get one free), amazing deal.

Last edited by Forceofhabit13; 02-12-06 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-12-06, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Seems like the last couple ones I've been in, they've had a deal where you can get 3 $5.99 DVDs for $6.66 total. Still nothing that I really want (or don't already have), but it's a nice deal if you can find a couple diamonds in the rough.

The one I was in yesterday at the old Lady & The Tramp for $14.99. Had this been a couple months back, I would've snatched it up since it would've returned a nice profit. With the SE dropping in two weeks, though, I'm not sure I'd get much more back than what I paid for it. I did take a stab at the sequel, which I thought may turn a solid profit, but found out later that I'd be lucky to get back what I paid for it ($9.99). Oh well.
Old 02-13-06, 07:40 PM
Banned

Popped into the new GameStop in Elk River, walked out a happy boy. Prices are after GC VC discount.

GI Joe: Season 2 Part 1 - $23.49
The World is Not Enough - $8.99
Tomorrow Never Dies - $0.00
Old 02-13-06, 11:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pizzamousechips
Yeah it's just to save them a little bit of money. It does save them money if you don't think so, because there are a select few who will start the process but be too lazy to go through all the hassle.

It reminds me of a while ago when Best Buy used to put $5 off coupons on their gift cards for video games.
They have the good ggc for 2006, they are blue($5 off any videogame $19.99 and up)
Old 02-15-06, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I couldn't believe what I found today. Brazil Criterion Collection for $9.99. What's worse is I bought this a while ago, but now most likely trade or sell it. By far, best deal on a used dvd that I've ever gotten.
Old 02-15-06, 10:26 AM

Was in there yesterday and ended up grabbing the first three seasons of Star Trek Voyager. What made it even better was that the guy at the counter used the season marked at 49.99 as the free one instead of one of the others marked at 39.99. Didn't notice till I looked at my receipt upon returning home, but I was definitely pleasantly surprised. First three seasons for only $77.92. Good times indeed!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.