Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The One and Only Blue Underground Thread Part II

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-04, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The One and Only Blue Underground Thread Part II

Since the other one got shut down, I thought I'd open up a new thread for the discussion of the goodness that is BU.

Here's a link to the last thread:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=310260

And please play nice!
Old 01-13-04, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

nice

oh yeah, i read the DVD maniacs forum about BU's plan for Lucio Fulci's ZOMBIE 2 release....
based on the discussion, seems like Lustig got the right for Zombie 2....

just wondering what the F#@K am i waiting for in this past 3-4 months??? Sriek Show seem to drop the title from their release schedule??

interesting

Last edited by BlackBeauty92; 01-13-04 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-13-04, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

oh, also BU's plan for Dario Argento's TENEBRE & DEEP RED (no date yet, but he said once Anchor Bay's license expired, BU will take over & do re-release)

hopefully a nice/better anamorphic transfer
Old 01-13-04, 01:15 PM
Banned

The more I have looked into the matter of Four Flies On Gret Velvet, the more it appears that Bill Lustig said that Blue Underground was working on it. That is far from definitive. Also, it does appear that Zombie is going to be a Blue Underground release, so that is great news.
Old 01-13-04, 01:16 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by BlackBeauty92
oh, also BU's plan for Dario Argento's TENEBRE & DEEP RED (no date yet, but he said once Anchor Bay's license expired, BU will take over & do re-release)

hopefully a nice/better anamorphic transfer
hadn't I read somewhere that the AB's print of TENEBRAE was incomplete anyway and missing a couple of seconds worth of footage?

Last edited by Giles; 01-13-04 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-13-04, 01:18 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

he said once Anchor Bay's license expired,
Anyone have an idea when it expires? Even a guess when it is?
Old 01-13-04, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fangoria reports that BU's Fast Company release will come in two versions: a 1-disc and a 2-disc. The 2-disc set will include newly restored transfers of his two major early works, Stereo and Crimes of the Future. Fast Company's transfer is from the original negative and was approved by DP Mark Irwin, and it will have a Cronenberg commentary.

DJ
Old 01-13-04, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by djtoell
Fangoria reports that BU's Fast Company release will come in two versions: a 1-disc and a 2-disc. The 2-disc set will include newly restored transfers of his two major early works, Stereo and Crimes of the Future. Fast Company's transfer is from the original negative and was approved by DP Mark Irwin, and it will have a Cronenberg commentary.

DJ
Man, that is some sweeeeeeet news! Thanks!
Old 01-13-04, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally posted by djtoell

DJ
This seems to be a new marketing strategy for Blue Underground. I hope they are successful with it. I will always buy the 2 disc version but I hope they sell both. Those extras sound great. Cronenberg shorts are superlative extras.
Old 01-13-04, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Giles
hadn't I read somewhere that the AB's print of TENEBRAE was incomplete anyway and missing a couple of seconds worth of footage?
Yes i believe so due to print damage used for the transfers on the AB US and UK discs
The UK disc is actually anamorphic but isn't as good as the non-anamorphic R1 disc (i've owned both before) so hopefully BU will rectify this matter.
I believe the Italian disc boasts the best visual presentation to date from what i've gathered and that takes into account the new german LE ('Unsane')
Old 01-13-04, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ok, i don't know if i'm allowed to do this, but here's the link of their good conversation (regarding Zombie 2 issue & future BU's next release line):

http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/forums/sho...3&pagenumber=1

hope it helps

Old 01-13-04, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Pac-Rat
Anyone have an idea when it expires? Even a guess when it is?
the guys at DVD Maniacs said BU got the plan for this year....
so, i assume that the license would be expire early this year or late last year (2003)... give or take few months for BU to work on the DVD project
who knows we might be lucky enough to see the beautiful brand-new disc by late this year... or early next year

Old 01-13-04, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by RichDB10

I believe the Italian disc boasts the best visual presentation to date from what i've gathered and that takes into account the new german LE ('Unsane')
this is the one I ordered from xploited. might not get it until the end of the week, along with the new 2-discer of The Burning. I pre-ordered my two new Franco titles...out on the 27th of this month from BU.
Old 01-13-04, 08:30 PM

Originally posted by gutwrencher
the new 2-discer of The Burning.

really wow, what's on the second disc? I really do not understand why MGM is relunctant in releasing an unrated version of this film on DVD when they have already used this print/master for a VHS version of the film.
Old 01-13-04, 08:47 PM

really wow, what's on the second disc? I really do not understand why MGM is relunctant in releasing an unrated version of this film on DVD when they have already used this print/master for a VHS version of the film.
I dont understand either. I hate waiting this long for one of my faves...so import here I come.

check THIS out for a little info.
Old 01-13-04, 08:53 PM

Here's the coverart for The Final Countdown LE.
Old 01-13-04, 08:55 PM

Originally posted by D-Ball
Here's the coverart for The Final Countdown LE.
Thanks!!!
Old 01-13-04, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by gutwrencher
I dont understand either. I hate waiting this long for one of my faves...so import here I come.

check THIS out for a little info.
hmm, fullscreen and 37 bucks... (watch MGM pick out a widescreen print from out of their ass and release it on DVD come Halloween) hmm... hmm... (fumbles around with wallet looking for credit card).
Old 01-14-04, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The reason: the film is under an exclusive distribution license to Amazon.com on VHS for the time being, along with a number of other titles (including Clownhouse, which is why that title was pulled before release date). The title will be coming eventually, so I won't be wasting money on that waaaay overpriced Dragon release.

DJ
Old 01-15-04, 08:56 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

the guys at DVD Maniacs said BU got the plan for this year....
so, i assume that the license would be expire early this year or late last year (2003)... give or take few months for BU to work on the DVD project
who knows we might be lucky enough to see the beautiful brand-new disc by late this year... or early next year

Don't tease me.
If you're right, that would be too cool for words.
Old 01-15-04, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i'm really hoping BU can pick up any argento's movies right away!!

look at what they did with Q: winged serpand... they put new anamorphic transfer, DTS-ES (gasp!), Dolby Digital EX, & extras...

cool

i can only imagine argento's Tenebre & deep Red got brand spankin' new anamorphic transfer
i had to sell mine cause the non-anamorphic on Tenebre... though i love the movie

oh, Lucio's Zombie too
but i'm kind of tired of waiting now....
Old 01-16-04, 04:08 AM
Banned

I have confidence in Blue Underground. The next two years should see them become an even bigger player in the DVD industry. Their genre acquisitions are great.
Old 01-19-04, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Deathdream is set for 5/25!
Old 01-19-04, 09:49 PM

wow that is just fantastic news about fast company. i wasn't going to get this one because i've heard bad things when compared to cronenberg's other films. but i just love cronenberg commentaries and the two short films is the icing on the cake
Old 01-20-04, 04:57 AM
Banned

Has anyone received an e-mail yet regarding box replacement for The Mondo Cane Collection? The last I heard was that these would be available by February 1.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.