Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The One and Only Blue Underground Thread Part II

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The One and Only Blue Underground Thread Part II

Old 01-22-04, 08:32 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by EPKJ
That Blind Dead Boxed Set is exciting. But, I must admit that the Giallo Collection II is also one I am anticipating.
what films are going to be included on the Giallo Collection II?
Old 01-22-04, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Giles
what films are going to be included on the Giallo Collection II?
According to the entry on DVDaf:

Giallo Collection, The - Vol. 2
- Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye (1973)
( Morte negli occhi del gatto, La )
- Strip Nude for Your Killer ( Nude per l'assassino ) (1975)
- Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion (1970)
( Foto proibite di una signora per bene, Le )
- Girl in the Yellow Pajamas, The (1977)
( Ragazza dal pigiama giallo, La )
- Fifth Cord, The ( Giornata nera per l'ariete ) (1971)
- Death Laid an Egg ( Morte ha fatto l'uovo, La ) (1967)

I wouldn't treat this as gospel, but we can only hope!
Old 01-22-04, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by The Exister
I wouldn't treat this as gospel, but we can only hope!
Those are the title as given by Bill Lustig in an interview last year. When I spoke to him later on last year, it seemed that not all of those titles were 100% certain acquisitions. I guess we'll find out when/if the set happens.

DJ
Old 01-30-04, 10:04 AM
Banned

I just picked up Sadomania and am still looking for The Girl From Rio. I watched Sadomania the other day, and it is one of Franco's sleaziest. So, if you enjoy WIP films, this is a great buy.
Old 01-30-04, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just picked up Sadomania and am still looking for The Girl From Rio. I watched Sadomania the other day, and it is one of Franco's sleaziest. So, if you enjoy WIP films, this is a great buy.
thanks for the heads-up, EPKJ. I ordered mine a little late with standard shipping.....and I'm still waiting.

hopefully, I'll have both tomorrow or Monday.
Old 01-31-04, 04:56 PM
Banned

I am still hoping to see some announcement of Mondo Cane box replacements on the Blue Underground website. They said February in the e-mail, and tomorrow is February.
Old 02-04-04, 12:09 AM
Banned

I just received an e-mail from Lissa at Blue Underground telling me that the Mondo Cane Collection replacement boxes ship today, Wednesday, 4 February 2004. So, if you sent your name and address to Blue Underground, you should start checking the mail for your copy.
Old 02-04-04, 10:13 AM

Can anyone confirm that the upcoming re-releases (Revolver, Grand Slam...) won't have any inserts?
Old 02-04-04, 10:39 AM

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts
Not exactly BU news, but I noticed today that a company called Woodhaven is releasing:

Mondo Cane
Mondo Cane 2
Mondo Magic
Slave Trade in the World Today
Of the Dead
Kwaheri

on either 3/19 or 3/23. These are cheaply priced (5.99 @ DDD) so if you missed out or don't want to buy the whole set, these might be for you. ("Mondo Magic","Kwaheri","Of the dead" and "Slave Trade" are similar films by different directors, but not part of the BU box set)

Last edited by Quatermass; 02-04-04 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-04-04, 10:45 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Jack Torrence
Can anyone confirm that the upcoming re-releases (Revolver, Grand Slam...) won't have any inserts?
I can't confirm that, but the inserts in Grand Slam and Revolver were nothing special. They didn't contain liner notes as the Spaghetti Western Collection inserts did. So, you really wouldn't be missing anything substantive.
Old 02-04-04, 10:57 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Quatermass
Not exactly BU news, but I noticed today that a company called Woodhaven is releasing:

Mondo Cane
Mondo Cane 2
Mondo Magic

on either 3/19 or 3/23. These are cheaply priced (5.99 @ DDD) so if you missed out or don't want to buy the whole set, these might be for you. ("Mondo Magic" and "Slave Trade" are similar films by different directors, but not part of the BU box set)
These don't sound very promising after watching Blue Underground's magnificent transfers. I never heard of Woodhaven. It is probably akin to Brentwood or Alpha in putting out substandard DVD releases.
Old 02-04-04, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by Quatermass

Mondo Magic
Of the Dead
Kwaheri

just like with some alpha titles...some are decent buys. I've been wanting these in the library, and for now, they will do. I'm also wanting a copy of Africa Blood & Guts on dvd. thanks for the heads-up.
Old 02-04-04, 04:05 PM
Banned

Well, I received my Circus Of Fear replacement disc today, and I am very impressed with Blue Underground's customer service. I also placed a hold on The Girl From Rio at my local Borders which has it in transit. So, it has been a good day.
Old 02-10-04, 02:50 AM
Banned

I received my Mondo Cane Collection replacement box yesterday. It is the same box but does not appear to be brittle. The box comes folded and mine bloats out at the sides when put together as if it was not glued together properly. However, as long as it does not crack, it will suffice. I just hope that Blue Underground learns from this and uses cardboard boxes from now on. Has anyone had any problems with the replacement box?
Old 02-15-04, 09:48 AM
Banned

Well, I picked up The Girl From Rio the other day at Best Buy for $14.95. For those interested, it was in the Action section. I watched the movie and enjoyed it for its sixties charm. I really like the packaging on both this and Sadomania. The transparant keepcase with double printed cover looks classy. I prefer this to a worthless insert. To me, inserts should only be used for liner notes. This was another great exploitation release from Blue Underground. Next up is Fight For Your Life, and I am anxious to finally see that film.
Old 02-20-04, 12:33 PM
Banned

This was news to me.

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...366706&redir=1

I was not aware that Blue Underground was reereleasing Django on 27 April as a two disc limited edition. The bonus disc features The Last Pistolero, an eight minute short film from 2002 starring Franco Nero. This is something I will double dip on.
Old 02-20-04, 01:04 PM

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts
FYI, I got my shipping notice for "Fight for Your Life" today from DDD, 4 days ahead of street date. Just 10 or so more days and I'll have it. (I opted for the free shipping)
Old 02-20-04, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was news to me.

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...366706&redir=1

I was not aware that Blue Underground was reereleasing Django on 27 April as a two disc limited edition. The bonus disc features The Last Pistolero, an eight minute short film from 2002 starring Franco Nero. This is something I will double dip on.
Thanks for the heads-up!

Looks like the short is the only upgrade you get from the previous DVD. I'll have to wait on this - not sure if it's worth a double dip for me.
Old 02-20-04, 01:43 PM
Banned

I suppose that some people will be upset that Django is now available separately and with a bonus disc, since originally it could only be purchased as part of The Spaghetti Western Collection. I am pleased, as this may increase the chances of more spaghetti westerns from Blue Underground if it sells well.
Old 02-21-04, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just watched fight for your life.

pretty fun picture. the commentary is typically good for blue underground. It has the screenwriter, the cinematographer and of course bill lustig.

bring on more 70s exploitation!
Old 02-21-04, 07:12 PM

Originally posted by Sunday Morning

bring on more 70s exploitation!
Old 02-23-04, 04:54 AM
Banned

As far as I can tell, the following is the upcoming release schedule for Blue Underground:

24 February:

Fight For Your Life

30 March:

The Final Countdown

27 April:

Fast Company

25 May:

Deathdream
Uncle Sam

Does anyone else have more release information? The above is from Mondo Digital.
Old 02-25-04, 09:21 AM
Banned

Given the Blue Underground release schedule through May, it seems as if the boxed sets will be released late in the year. The Blind Dead and Giallo Collection 2 sets are eagerly awaited by many. I have a feeling that there may be at least one other major surprise before the year is out. I am wondering if any more Anchor Bay rereleases might be on tap.
Old 02-25-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As far as I can tell, the following is the upcoming release schedule for Blue Underground:

24 February:

Fight For Your Life

30 March:

The Final Countdown

27 April:

Fast Company

25 May:

Deathdream
Uncle Sam

Does anyone else have more release information? The above is from Mondo Digital.
Final Countdown, Fast Company and Deathdream for me. I'd love to purchase every BU release, but I just can't afford it (like gut can!). The others will have to be rentals for me.
Old 02-25-04, 02:53 PM
Banned

Originally posted by The Exister
Final Countdown, Fast Company and Deathdream for me. I'd love to purchase every BU release, but I just can't afford it (like gut can!). The others will have to be rentals for me.
Well, you have nonetheless built up a very good collection. It is focused and contains many great genre films. Your Mario Bava collection is terrific as is your spaghetti western collection.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.