Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

2015 Summer Simulcasts

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

2015 Summer Simulcasts

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-15, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 Summer Simulcasts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hfmRxXVvFYA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Charlotte

Story:
Yu Otosaka is a young man who gained a special ability. One day, he encounters Nao Tomori a girl who also possessed special abilities just like him. Their lives are changed...an all new anime series written by Jun Maeda (Angel Beats! Little Busters! CLANNAD, Kanon) is coming this July to the Aniplex Channel, Hulu, Crunchyoll, DAISUKI and Viewster.
Old 06-24-15, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: 2015 Summer Simulcasts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hMpCFT7PjRo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Classroom ★ Crisis

Story:
"With our skills we'll show that we can make the best rocket in space!" They're half-time students and half-time working professionals but full-time geniuses! Classroom ★ Crisis is an all new anime series coming this July to the Aniplex Channel, Hulu, Crunchyoll, DAISUKI and Viewster.
Old 06-24-15, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mp-uVtk7AQ4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WAGNARIA!! 3

Story:
WAGNARIA is back for the third season! The eccentric emplpoyees of everybody's favorite family restaurant will be going wild once again! Watch the third season starting this July on the Aniplex Channel, Hulu, Crunchyoll, DAISUKI and Viewster
Old 06-24-15, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fmcwt_o7TN0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DURARARA!! X 2 Second Arc

Story:
The gang of DURARARA!! X 2 is back in the second arc! The story continues and more chaos ensues as a new threat gains power within Ikebukuro’s shadows… The second arc will begin streaming this July on the Aniplex Channel, Hulu, Crunchyroll and DAISUKI!
Old 06-24-15, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XycmflFMXow?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

God Eater

Story:
The Far East, 2071.
The domain of the mad gods.
In the early 2050s, unknown life forms called “Oracle cells” begin their uncontrolled consumption of all life on Earth.
Their ravenous appetite and remarkable adaptability earn them first dread, then awe, and finally the name “aragami”.
In the face of an enemy completely immune to conventional weapons, urban civilization collapses, and each day humanity is driven further and further toward extinction.

One single ray of hope remains for humanity.
Following the development of “God Arcs”—living weapons which incorporate Oracle cells—their wielders are organized into an elite force.
In a world ravaged by mad gods, these “God Eaters” fight a desperate war...
Daisuki will stream the series starting on July 5, and the stream will be available worldwide except for China and Japan.

Last edited by chrisc31; 06-24-15 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-28-15, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

How did Wagnaria get a third season? I'm not complaining but far better shows end up finished after one season.
Old 06-29-15, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 148 Likes on 95 Posts

I'm definitely in for more DURARARA!!, although I hope they start involving more of the established first season characters, Simon in particular. I'm also up for more Knights of Sidonia, which hits Netflix this Friday.

I'll give Classroom Crisis a shot on Crunchyroll, and I'm curious about Non Non Biyori Repeat (which Crunchyroll "should" also get) and Overlord.
Old 06-30-15, 07:15 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

FUNimation just announced their Summer line-up:

ONGOING SHOWS
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Ninja Slayer
Ultimate Otaku Teacher
The Heroic Legend of Arslan

NEW SHOWS
Snow White with the Red Hair
Rampo Kitan
Gangsta.
Seiyu’s Life
Bikini Warriors
Prison School
Hetalia: The World Twinkle
Aquarion Logos
Sky Wizards Academy (Kusen Madoshi)
Junjo Romantica 3
Overlord
Castle Town Dandelion
SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist

Plus there's two more shows they haven't announced yet.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/...r-has-arrived/
Old 07-05-15, 05:29 PM

Anyone find some good shows yet?

So far, I was most impressed by GATE. Charlotte was also interesting. I plan to keep up with these two.

Classroom Crisis, Aoharu x Machinegun, and My Wife is the Student Council President all seemed fairly average. I might give them another 1-2 episodes. But they didn't seem to be anything special.

The only show that really disappointed me was SHIMONETA. I was expecting it to be funny, but I couldn't get into it.
Old 07-10-15, 05:10 AM

I checked out a few more shows, and really enjoyed these:

Non Non Biyori Repeat - I've been looking forward to this for months. Loved the first season. The new season is off to a great start.
Himouto! Umaru-chan - Really funny. This show is a big improvement over the manga.
Actually, I Am - Reminded me a lot of Rosario + Vampire, except this was much better.
Monster Musume - The snake girl was hilarious. Looking forward to the rest of the harem.

I thought these were interesting, and I'll give them another 1-2 episodes:

Overlord - The first episode was slow, but did a good job of setting things up. I wonder where it'll go from here.
Castle Town Dandelion - Funnier than I expected. Might turn out pretty good.
Snow White with the Red Hair - Decent show. Worth a shot.

I'm really interested to see what they do with School-Live!. I've read the manga, and the anime has made a lot of changes to the story.
Old 07-10-15, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I'm giving Charlotte, Dragon Ball Super, Gangsta, GATE, God Eater, and Overlord a chance.
I'll watch the first couple episodes and decide if I want to keep watching.
Old 07-11-15, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll probably catch up and finish off some prior shows before watching most of these new ones. I will wait and see which ones you guys like.
Old 07-14-15, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Classroom Crisis seemed overly complex to me, at least for a first episode. Like I'm missing a ton of background or something, or it's a sequel to something I haven't seen.

GATE was... ok. I think I'm not a huge fan of the premise, mainly machine guns vs. fantasy (unless there's giant robots involved, which makes everything better in my eyes), but at least the character interactions are decent.
Old 07-14-15, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
Classroom Crisis seemed overly complex to me, at least for a first episode. Like I'm missing a ton of background or something, or it's a sequel to something I haven't seen.

GATE was... ok. I think I'm not a huge fan of the premise, mainly machine guns vs. fantasy (unless there's giant robots involved, which makes everything better in my eyes), but at least the character interactions are decent.
IMO the first episode of GATE was lackluster, but episode 2 redeemed the show and it seems to be shaping into a fun watch for the season.

Gangsta I decided to hold off and watch the Simuldub that was announced if it starts within the next couple weeks.
Old 07-15-15, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm happy to report that the subtitles for the second season of Knights of Sidonia on Netflix are considerably better than the first season, and DD+ in three languages (Japanese, English, and Spanish) is also a nice touch. Unfortunately, much like the first season, the second season feels incomplete, with too little exposition and too much setup for the next (?) season. The Tsumugi penis character that can apparently stretch for miles is also a bit much, even for a series that features a talking bear with a prosthetic hand.
Old 07-15-15, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Koby
IMO the first episode of GATE was lackluster, but episode 2 redeemed the show and it seems to be shaping into a fun watch for the season.
I think once they introduce more of the traditional fantasy elements (ie: the rest of the harem) I'll be more interested, because we haven't seen much magic as of yet. But yeah, at least episode 2 introduced some of the politics, in both worlds.
Old 07-17-15, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Second season is now streaming on Daisuki.
Old 07-23-15, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
I checked out a few more shows, and really enjoyed these:

Monster Musume - The snake girl was hilarious. Looking forward to the rest of the harem.
The harem fan service in this one is pretty funny as they keep introducing more and more girl monsters. The show vaguely reminds me of Sekirei with more humor and less action.
Old 08-02-15, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not digging the new opening song for the second arc of DURARARA!! x2, and the hospital episode got things off to a bit of a dull start, but the recent episode about Akabayashi was great.

Aside from Knights of Sidonia, I haven't even started any other summer series yet.
Old 08-06-15, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

GATE still hasn't completely grabbed me, but I've been keeping up and I love the ending song; for some reason it makes me all nostalgic.
Old 08-18-15, 01:36 PM

Halfway through the season my favorites have been Gate, Non Non Biyori, Himouto, Wakaba Girl, Actually I Am and Monster Musume. Those are the ones I can't wait to watch each week.

I've also been keeping up with Castle Town Dandelion, but it's nothing special. And I'm planning to marathon School-Live! once it's complete.
Old 08-23-15, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just noticed on Crunchyroll that the are playing the censored and uncensored versions of My Wife is the Student Council President
Old 08-27-15, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I started Charlotte last night, but don't have much of an opinion after two episodes. It could be interesting, but (based only on the second episode) I'm not sure that going the "detectives" route is the best direction for the show. I was also disappointed that they didn't go with the rather obvious joke of Otosaka sneaking a peek at the photo of Tomori before tossing it to her.
Old 08-27-15, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone watching God Eater? It started on Crunchyroll (now 3rd week).
Old 08-27-15, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by McHawkson
Anyone watching God Eater? It started on Crunchyroll (now 3rd week).
It's been on Daisuki from the start. 5 episodes and 2 specials.

I'm watching it and really enjoy it. One of my favorite picks of the season.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.