Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

2015 Summer Simulcasts

Old 08-29-15, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: 2015 Summer Simulcasts

Originally Posted by printerati View Post
I started Charlotte last night, but don't have much of an opinion after two episodes.
Episode six...well, that escalated quickly. Now I'm not sure what to think, again.
Old 08-29-15, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I started Charlotte last night, but don't have much of an opinion after two episodes. It could be interesting, but (based only on the second episode) I'm not sure that going the "detectives" route is the best direction for the show. I was also disappointed that they didn't go with the rather obvious joke of Otosaka sneaking a peek at the photo of Tomori before tossing it to her.
Episode six...well, that escalated quickly. Now I'm not sure what to think, again.
Just wait until you see episode 9. I think the story is really going to get good now.
Old 08-29-15, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seems like Maeda's response to Steins;Gate, lol.

The story of Charlotte doesn't truly begin till episode 9; then you've only got 4 episodes to go...

Time travel + flashback + amnesia + handwaving + retcon doormat's powers + imouto not dead + bro-kun exists.

Stack enough plot devices on top of each other and maybe they’ll all cancel out. Isn’t it nice that everyone was secretly all connected to everyone else all along? Funny how it always works out like that.

Old 09-18-15, 09:27 PM

Second Season of "Gate" Anime Scheduled

This week's broadcast of episode 12 of Gate, "What Would Itami Do," has ended with the news that the adaptation of Takumi Yanai's military fantasy novel series will be returning in January 2016 for the "Dragon Flame Chapter."

READ MORE - http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...nime-scheduled
No big surprise. It's been obvious for a few weeks that they couldn't end the series at Episode 12. Originally, I was expecting them to slow it down and finish when the characters returned from Tokyo. But they flew through that and went straight into the Dark Elf/Flame Dragon arc.

Last edited by TheBigDave; 09-18-15 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-18-15, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well they originally stated and announced GATE as a 24 episode series before it even started. So we knew 12 wasn't the end. However Heavy Object is slated for it's time-slot so yeah.

Seems like more and more shows are getting single or split-cours instead of running on. Seraph of the End took the split-cour route as well.
Old 09-18-15, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, GATE is 24-episode series, no more than that? I don't follow manga and I'm watching as it goes.
Old 09-18-15, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by McHawkson View Post
So, GATE is 24-episode series, no more than that? I don't follow manga and I'm watching as it goes.
Just because they originally announced 24 episodes doesn't mean they can't come back with a part 3 announcement later. =)