Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-21, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Re: What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Oh man, that looks awesome.

Did it air in Italy way back when or something?
Old 02-26-21, 10:40 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 535 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Oh man, that looks awesome.

Did it air in Italy way back when or something?
It has been shown many non-English speaking European regions (streaming at least in Italy). The new master intrigues me and unusual (I don't think it's released in Japan).

NIPPON ANIMATION CO., LTD. should still handle license rights. I hope the series will be licensed for North America someday.

Nippon Animation also have a couple anime titles streaming on Amazon Prime Video (included with Prime) that are considered to be kids friendly.

SINBAD film series (viewing order from top to bottom):
- A Flying Princess and a Secret Island (dub)
Amazon Amazon
- A Flying Princess and a Secret Island (sub)
Amazon Amazon
---
- The Magic Lamp and the Moving Islands (dub)
Amazon Amazon
- The Magic Lamp and the Moving Islands (sub)
Amazon Amazon
---
- Night at High Noon and the Wonder Gate (dub)
Amazon Amazon
- Night at High Noon and the Wonder Gate (sub)
Amazon Amazon

- Penelope (Seasons 1 & 2) (dub)
Amazon Amazon
Old 02-27-21, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Recovery of an MMO Junkie (Net-juu no Susume) is incredibly dull considering the premise of a female Neet playing as a man online. I've slogged my way through nine episodes of the tepid comedy.
Old 03-01-21, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

We just binged S3 of Aggretsuko, a really different turn of events that went a little dark towards the end.

This series remains one of my favorite modern shows.
Old 03-01-21, 10:42 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 535 Likes on 471 Posts

^ Aggretsuko Season 4 is coming (assuming sometime this year).

Old 03-02-21, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Been watching Jobless Reincarnation. If you can ignore the pervy aspects of the main character, the anime is beautiful to look at. One of the most beautifully animated anime series in a while in my opinion. Just really love the the way it all comes together.
Old 03-02-21, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by WTK
^ Aggretsuko Season 4 is coming (assuming sometime this year).

https://twitter.com/aggretsuko/statu...11508113096705
Yeah, I think the Netflix page mentions it too.

Really digging this series, the whole concept is amazing. I was remarking to my wife how impressed I was that they managed to avoid any similarities to any characters from the Hello Kitty-verse (that I could see).
Old 03-13-21, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I re-watched Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 2Wei! again, the second season of Prisma Illya that introduces the ever popular Kuro. I had forgotten how funny some of that show is at times. There was one episode about a cooking contest that had me almost in tears with laughter. And the battles are surprisingly great, befitting the Fate franchise.
Old 03-26-21, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Struggling to make it through Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight, a very poor blind buy. Weird fantasy mash-up set in France around a super-powered Joan of Arc. It's a mess and I'm usually a soft mark for historical fantasy anime. I get the feeling the creative team behind it didn't all agree on the show's direction. Lots of bizarre exposition, dozens of characters the audience barely meets, uneven tone, inane plot developments, and more problems. The basic premise likely had some potential but this is a poor anime by most standards.
Old 03-27-21, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I tried watching Ulysses but it was just so bad... I dropped it pretty early on and moved to something else. Good thing was I didn't pay anything thanks to trying it via streaming on CR.
Old 03-29-21, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Binged Isekai Quartet, the comedy series that takes characters from Overlord, Konosuba, Re: Zero and Saga of Tanya the Evil all together and puts them in a classroom setting. I enjoyed the first three anime, though I've never actually watched any Tanya.

Kind of fun if you know the references, though the jokes become a bit repetitive and one-note. Not an essential series or anything but enough laughs for fans of those shows.
Old 03-29-21, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Binged Isekai Quartet, the comedy series that takes characters from Overlord, Konosuba, Re: Zero and Saga of Tanya the Evil all together and puts them in a classroom setting. I enjoyed the first three anime, though I've never actually watched any Tanya.

Kind of fun if you know the references, though the jokes become a bit repetitive and one-note. Not an essential series or anything but enough laughs for fans of those shows.
Did you only watch S1?

S2 of Quartet adds in another series, Shield Hero.

And it sounds like S3 will introduce at least 2 more series.

You should watch Tanya though... it was a really great show. probably my favorite of all of them mixed into Quartet.
Old 03-30-21, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I haven't gotten around to the latter seasons. I watched the first episode of Tanya and it didn't really excite me. That doesn't mean I won't ever get around to finishing the series, but Tanya is on the backburner.
Old 03-30-21, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If I remember correctly, episode one of Tanya was drastically different than the rest of the series as it was pretty much entirely setup for what is to come prior to being isekai'd.
Old 04-18-21, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Watching Demon Slayer on the suggestion from one of my best friends, in preparation for the full-length feature being released this coming Thursday in theaters.
Old 04-24-21, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Went with a friend to see the Demon Slayer movie and jesus christ what a slog that was. I had only seen the first 2 eps of the series, so I’m not very familiar with the franchise, but I thought the movie was shit and way too long. My friend enjoyed it fwiw.
Old 04-24-21, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Went with a friend to see the Demon Slayer movie and jesus christ what a slog that was. I had only seen the first 2 eps of the series, so I’m not very familiar with the franchise, but I thought the movie was shit and way too long. My friend enjoyed it fwiw.
Seems strange to watch the movie without having seen all of the first season considering the movie is a direct continuation of where season one left off.

I feel like it would be impossible to have enjoyed it without seeing season 1 entirely. It's like watching Endgame without seeing Infinity War.
Old 04-24-21, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Demon Slayer's popularity is a bit mystifying. I quit on the regular show after six or seven episodes. Nice animation and likable characters, but it's not some amazing achievement in anime.

Seven Senses of the Reunion starts out pretty strong before the back half starts floundering. The premise about an online MMO player remaining stuck in a game while dying in the real world has some potential but Reunion is content to peddle melodrama about this group of childhood friends that have all separated apart in high school.
Old 04-25-21, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The weird thing for Demon Slayer is that it probably starts to get good around the time the plot reaches where the movie is, so the first season is almost an intro. Plus the manga is long finished despite the soaring popularity of the anime. I'm hoping that the popularity at least ensures they adapt it faithfully unlike something like Promised Neverland which they just rushed to a finish for the anime (though at least with that the manga also limped to an end).
Old 04-25-21, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
The weird thing for Demon Slayer is that it probably starts to get good around the time the plot reaches where the movie is, so the first season is almost an intro. Plus the manga is long finished despite the soaring popularity of the anime. I'm hoping that the popularity at least ensures they adapt it faithfully unlike something like Promised Neverland which they just rushed to a finish for the anime (though at least with that the manga also limped to an end).
Such a shame what they did with Neverland.

Season 1 ended with chapter 37 out of 181 and yet they somehow end season 2 with the end of the manga...

That alone speaks volumes about how the adaptation was handled. Without even watching the season you're able assume they rushed what they did adapt and opted to skip over a lot of content entirely because there's no way they squished 144 chapters into 11 episodes. Yet on top of this... they opted to include multiple anime-original episodes in the middle of the season.
Old 04-25-21, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Koby
Such a shame what they did with Neverland.

Season 1 ended with chapter 37 out of 181 and yet they somehow end season 2 with the end of the manga...

That alone speaks volumes about how the adaptation was handled. Without even watching the season you're able assume they rushed what they did adapt and opted to skip over a lot of content entirely because there's no way they squished 144 chapters into 11 episodes. Yet on top of this... they opted to include multiple anime-original episodes in the middle of the season.
And it wasn't the usual case of "well, we caught up to the manga so we'll make our own ending." They had all the source material. It's like they wanted to fulfill the contract and just move on.
Old 04-25-21, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Finished Demon Slayer.

Moving onto Jujutsu Kaisen.
Old 05-04-21, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We just plowed through the first season of The Way of the Househusband. Former Yakuza leaves his organization and marries a businesswoman and stays home to run the household.
Old 05-04-21, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by milo bloom
We just plowed through the first season of The Way of the Househusband. Former Yakuza leaves his organization and marries a businesswoman and stays home to run the household.
Any good? I'm guessing it's a domestic comedy.
Old 05-05-21, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Any good? I'm guessing it's a domestic comedy.
Yes, we wouldn't have binged the whole thing in a few days otherwise

It's interesting, because he still encounters former Yakuza allies and enemies, and they'll get into silly scraps (there's one where he gets into a fight with a crepe vendor...), and he drops F-bombs from time to time, but yeah it's a domestic comedy and pretty funny.

As info, the animation is very limited, it's like a motion comic almost. So don't expect much out of it that way.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.