Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Clannad (Now with English Dub)

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!
View Poll Results: Will you buy Clannad with an English Dub?
Must own Clannad dubbed
66.67%
Yes
11.11%
No
22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-10, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Read what people said about Clannad with subtitles.

SYNOPSIS: Tortured by his past and pained by an uncertain future, Tomoya drifts through life with an almost overwhelming anger and emptiness. But when he meets the mysterious, beautiful, and shy Nagisa, his world seems to change. Drawn in by her gentle but lonely spirit, he begins to experience the joy life can bring. But as he discovers the reason for his newfound friend's loneliness, Tomoya also finds that life can be frighteningly fragile.

Via Rightstuf:

Contains episodes: 1-24.

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.
Clannad DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)

SYNOPSIS: A few months have passed since Tomoya declared his love to Nagisa. Now their relationship is entering a new phase, and neither is quite sure where it will take them. As their friends move on to lives of their own, Tomoya and Nagisa get ready to start a family of their own. But Nagisa's health has always been precarious, and an event that should bring nothing but joy delivers tragedy instead.

Now Tomoya must learn to accept the bitter with the sweet and to understand that the most important thing is to hold onto love, no matter what.

Via Rightstuf:

Contains episodes: 1-25.

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation, Commentary with David Matranga (Tomoya) and Luci Christian (Nagisa).

Clannad After Story DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)

SYNOPSIS: Plagued by a seemingly endless stream of haunting dreams, Tomoya drifts through life with an almost overwhelming sense of anger and emptiness. Then, one fateful day, he meets the mysterious and beautiful Nagisa and his world begins to change. While helping Nagisa revive the defunct Drama Club at their high school, Tomoya discovers that she has the same dreams. Their story starts beneath the cherry blossoms, but where will fate lead them?

Via Rightstuf:

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation, Production Sketches.

Clannad: The Motion Picture DVD (Hyb))

Clannad - Subtitle Reviews: Collection 1, 2

Clannad After Story - Subtitle Reviews: Collection 1, 2

Clannad English Dub Staff:
Director & ADR Script (Ep 1 - 12) - Steven Foster
Director (Ep 13 - 24) - Janice Williams
ADR Script (Ep 13 - 24) - Clint Bickham

Clannad After Story English Dub Staff:
ADR Director: David Williams, Janice Williams

Clannad Movie English Dub Staff:
ADR Director: David Williams, Janice Williams

Main Cast:
Tomoya Okazaki - David Matranga
Nagisa Furukawa - Luci Christian
Kyou Fujibayashi - Shelley Calene-Black
Ryou Fujibayashi - Brittney Karbowski
Tomoyo Sakagami - Kaytha Coker
Kotomi Ichinose - Emily Neves
Fuko Ibuki - Hilary Haag
Youhei Sunohara - Greg Ayres
Botan - Melissa Davis
Mei Sunohara - Serena Varghese
Akio Furukawa - Andrew Love
Sanae Furukawa - Kara Greenberg
Voice of "I" - Shannon Emerick
Girl - Melissa Davis

Please vote if you will be buying Clannad dubbed or not.

Last edited by chrisc31; 06-20-12 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Updating info
Old 03-19-10, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Clannad (Now with English Dub)

Clannad Lithograph Limited Edition

Order now from RightStuf.

Date Available: April 6 2010
Retail Price: $49.99
Your Price: $37.49

Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment are pleased to reveal a new lithograph featuring art from the anime series Clannad. Selected via a public vote held earlier this year, the artwork depicts the characters Nagisa, Fuko, Tomoyo, Kotomi and Kyou and will be available for $49.99 on April 6, 2010.

The full-color, limited-edition print will be produced as a lithograph on high-quality paper, which has archival properties and is specifically for the reproduction of artwork. Each print will measure 20 by 16 inches and include a certificate of authenticity. Only 250 total prints of the Clannad Lithograph will be made, so pre-ordering is strongly suggested.

Last edited by chrisc31; 04-15-10 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-19-10, 09:09 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts

I have the subbed sets, R3TW artboxes, and pre-ordered the lithograph. I will be double dipping on this boxset. The upgrade program doesn't do anything for me. I don't want to give up the sleeve art.
Old 04-01-10, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
I have the subbed sets, R3TW artboxes, and pre-ordered the lithograph. I will be double dipping on this boxset. The upgrade program doesn't do anything for me. I don't want to give up the sleeve art.
I didn't want to give up the sleeve art, I will be double dipping also.

Did anyone else get their Clannad Lithograph yet? I got mine today, oh well its 36/250. It looks amazing,I didn't really think of the size its bigger then I imagined.
Old 04-03-10, 08:12 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by chrisc31
I didn't want to give up the sleeve art, I will be double dipping also.

Did anyone else get their Clannad Lithograph yet? I got mine today, oh well its 36/250. It looks amazing,I didn't really think of the size its bigger then I imagined.
I got mine on the 1st. I still need to get a frame. 56/250...
Old 04-04-10, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Needs a Blu release.
Old 10-31-10, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

CLANNAD Lithograph - Round 2: Vote for Your Favorite Through Nov. 5, 2010!

Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment already produced one lithograph featuring artwork from the Section23 Films series CLANNAD, and it proved to be so popular that we'd like YOUR input to help choose which work of artwork to produce next! Go to this thread on the Anime Today forums to cast your vote before 6 p.m. CDT on Friday, November 5, 2010!
Voting is now over. Should take two or three weeks to know the results.

Last edited by chrisc31; 11-06-10 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-08-10, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The most recent CLANNAD lithograph vote ended up as a statistical tie, so we're conducting a run off between the two top images from Round 2! We need YOUR input to help choose which work of art should be produced next! Go to this thread on the Anime Today forums to cast your vote before 6 p.m. CST on Monday, November 15, 2010!

http://www.rightstuf.com/ubbthreads/...und_2_RUN.html
Old 11-13-10, 11:48 AM
WTK

via AoD

From Dave Williams...
Figured I'd pop in here and post as well. At the Sentai Filmworks panel I just did at Izumicon, I announced that we have heard the cry from the fans and Sentai WILL be going back and doing a dub for Clannad After Story. We'll do an exchange program of course for those who want to trade in their subtitled only version. The release will be coming out in April next year.

In addition I announced that Sentai Filmworks has picked up the license for the Clannad movie and will be releasing it dubbed and subtitled in March.

BTW, this will also mark my return to doing some ADR directing as I will co-direct these with Janice.
Old 11-13-10, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Clannad movie also got licensed and will get a dub. I am speechless on that news. I thought there was no chance of a license for it, and to get dubbed too!
Old 12-01-10, 04:20 PM
WTK

Pre-order listing is now up. And the winner is this (copy & paste).
Old 12-01-10, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
Pre-order listing is now up. And the winner is this (copy & paste).
Just got done ordering it, what image won?
Old 12-01-10, 04:31 PM
WTK

Just got done ordering it, what image won?
See below.

via TRSI
Right Stuf & Nozomi Ent. Announce Limited-Edition CLANNAD Lithograph II for March 2011
Posted on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment announced a new, second limited-edition lithograph, featuring art from the CLANNAD anime series, will be available on March 1, 2011. The artwork was selected by fan vote and depicts the characters of Tomoya, Tomoyo, Kyou, and Nagisa. As with previous art releases, the full-color, limited-edition print will be produced as a lithograph on high-quality paper, which has archival properties and is specifically for the reproduction of artwork. Each print will be priced at $49.99, measure 20 by 16 inches, and include a certificate of authenticity. Only 250 total prints of the Clannad Lithograph II will be made, so pre-order yours today! (The last copies of the first lithograph are in stock and ready to ship for the holidays.)
Old 01-04-11, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got charged for the new Clannad Lithograph. That was fast its like two months early. Get your orders in before its sold out.
Old 01-18-11, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Link

This offer expires July 22, 2011

Section23 revealed details of the Clannad: After Story upgrade program. Follow the below instructions to participate and receive a discounted price on the complete 25-episode Clannad: After Story DVD collection, which features a new English dub, in addition to the Japanese audio and subtitles.

Clannad: After Story Upgrade

(1) Redeem the completed upgrade form, the sub-only Clannad: After Story Collections 1 and 2 (sfcl300 and sfcl400) -- all (4) DVDs, sleeve art and plastic cases -- plus $20 for the DVD upgrade and postage [$3 postage within the USA / $6 for Canada].

(2) Or if you purchased only one of the sub-only sets -- Clannad: After Story Collection 1 (sfcl300) or Clannad: After Story Collection 2 (sfcl400) -- redeem the completed upgrade form, plus the (2) DVDs, sleeve art and plastic case and $35 for the DVD upgrade, plus postage [$3 postage within the USA / $6 for Canada].
Personally I think its a ripoff. I have to loose the 2 part collections I spent over $46 for.

Last edited by chrisc31; 01-18-11 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-18-11, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way too much. Sticking with the sub-only (wouldn't get much use out of the dub anyways).
Old 07-04-11, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sentai Filmworks confirmed that the first season of Clannad will be released on Blu-ray in November.

With all the shit Sentai got for the sub-only Clannad release I knew that they would milk this title for everything they could get out of it.
Old 09-15-11, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Synopsis: Tortured by his past and pained by an uncertain future, Tomoya drifts through life with an almost overwhelming anger and emptiness. But when he meets the mysterious, beautiful, and shy Nagisa, his world seems to change. Drawn in by her gentle but lonely spirit, he begins to experience the joy life can bring. But as he discovers the reason for his newfound friend's loneliness, Tomoya also finds that life can be frighteningly fragile.

via TRSI:

Contains episodes: 1-24.

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation.

Clannad Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb)

Last edited by chrisc31; 06-20-12 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-28-11, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Source - http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main...turnTo=Archive
Last Call! First CLANNAD L.E. Lithograph

If you've been eyeing our first limited-edition Clannad lithograph, act fast! We only have a handful left before they're gone.
Edit: The first Clannad lithograph is now Sold Out! For now the second Clannad lithograph is still in stock. http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/90575/4/0/0

Last edited by chrisc31; 11-30-11 at 04:17 AM.
Old 02-07-12, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OMG! I just got Clannad blu-ray in the mail, it has a huge difference in quality between the dvd and blu-ray versions.
Old 02-08-12, 07:08 AM

OMG! I just got Clannad blu-ray in the mail, it has a huge difference in quality between the dvd and blu-ray versions.
That's good to hear. I was debating on buying it because I had planned on watching it again before I watch After Story. Since it's good I'll have to go ahead and get it and watch it in blu-ray instead.
Old 02-08-12, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

I'm sure you hate questions like this, but can you give me the elevator pitch on this series?
Old 02-08-12, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Letitgokaboom
That's good to hear. I was debating on buying it because I had planned on watching it again before I watch After Story. Since it's good I'll have to go ahead and get it and watch it in blu-ray instead.
Also The japanese and english audio track for Clannad blu-ray are both 5.1
Old 02-08-12, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by milo bloom
I'm sure you hate questions like this, but can you give me the elevator pitch on this series?
You know the episode of Futurama with Fry's dog? Imagine a series where almost every episode is like that, followed by a sequel series that's even more heartbreaking.
Old 02-09-12, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
I've watched thousands of hours of television in my life, from all eras and genres. Clannad is the only one that made me shed tears. A simpler explanation is that the story is about a slacker with a heart of gold and how he finds love. I would not read too much of the plot synopsis for the series, that may affect your enjoyment watching it. It starts out a little slow and odd, but the tone of the series is clearly set by the fourth or fifth episode.

Without question, one of the highest recommendations I can give for a series.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.