Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-14, 08:48 PM

Received 1,956 Likes on 1,153 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Gooter is Gooter. He still posts regularly at DVDTalk, though not here lately. Anybody want to nudge him a little?
Old 06-10-14, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by story
Gooter is Gooter. He still posts regularly at DVDTalk, though not here lately. Anybody want to nudge him a little?
Ha, at first I thought he was asking about a character in the game and initially thought it was that fat German kid.
Old 06-10-14, 09:33 PM

"Isn't there a little Uter in all of us?..."

Old 06-11-14, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777
Has anyone gone for the emblem pyramid?
I got it. I like the look of it. I assume that it will pay out $ after the event is over.

It don't think it's needed for anyone who is playing regularly. According to TSTO Topix, to be on track to win the prize you should be at around 7,800 by the end of today. I know several people who have missed the last one or two daily tasks a few times and are still a bit over 7,800.
Old 06-11-14, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bippitty
I got it. I like the look of it. I assume that it will pay out $ after the event is over.

It don't think it's needed for anyone who is playing regularly. According to TSTO Topix, to be on track to win the prize you should be at around 7,800 by the end of today. I know several people who have missed the last one or two daily tasks a few times and are still a bit over 7,800.
Wow that's good news as I'm at around 13,500 emblems as of right now.
Old 06-11-14, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate that I can't continue a story, because I need 10K emblems. Hopefully I'll be there tomorrow, or maybe even today.

So how do you get emblems? Not sure if I'm doing everything, since by the end of the day I can't get any. I do the daily tasks from the leader. Visit friends until all the emblems are consumed. Tap in my houses when they are visited. Anything else I should be doing?
Old 06-11-14, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
I hate that I can't continue a story, because I need 10K emblems. Hopefully I'll be there tomorrow, or maybe even today.

So how do you get emblems? Not sure if I'm doing everything, since by the end of the day I can't get any. I do the daily tasks from the leader. Visit friends until all the emblems are consumed. Tap in my houses when they are visited. Anything else I should be doing?
Do all the sacred parchment tasks and tap on the robed guys. Other than that, you're doing everything.
Old 06-11-14, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,037 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by bippitty
Thanks, I was wondering about the pace that was needed, and I'm well ahead of that.

Originally Posted by Neil M.
Do all the sacred parchment tasks and tap on the robed guys. Other than that, you're doing everything.
Also, tapping on other people's lodges generates more than tapping on other buildings. I've been making an initial run through my friends list and hitting the lodge when it's available, then going back through those same towns and fulfilling my quota of taps.
Old 06-11-14, 02:43 PM

If you have any neighbors who still can't be spied on, skip them until you've done the 60 actions for the day. The game will subtract a tap from your 60 even if you only get cash for it.
Old 06-11-14, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The nice thing about syncing Number 1 tasks is when they're non-standard times, like six hours--otherwise all those eligible characters might not have regular six-hour tasks.

I still don't get why the Stonecutter characters don't get emblem-earning tasks, though.
Old 06-11-14, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still don't get why the Stonecutter characters don't get emblem-earning tasks, though.
Me too. Probably because it would make the event too easy.
Old 06-12-14, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Me too. Probably because it would make the event too easy.
That was my only guess too. Maybe they should have just added a couple prizes instead.
Old 06-12-14, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

For the second time, I whiffed on my guess on who the parchment puzzle was referring to. Fortunately, that character was unavailable on a quest anyway, and my wrong guess only took an hour so when they finished and I got no Pavlovian reward, it was easy to figure out the right (I hope) answer.

Juggling all these quests is tricky. I just realized I had forgotten to start my next Number 1 task. I'm not sure the two I've had today line up with anything on the chart, though.

Secret of the Cut Stone part 9 said something along the lines of
Spoiler:
"There aren't many women and children left in Springfield after the explosion!" "And they're all Premium characters!"
Old 06-12-14, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 605 Likes on 436 Posts

Who is supposed to be the Kings son that rides around on a bike?

I've used both the Mr Burns on a bike and the smart kid on a bike and neither has completed the parchment puzzle.
Old 06-12-14, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
Who is supposed to be the Kings son that rides around on a bike?

I've used both the Mr Burns on a bike and the smart kid on a bike and neither has completed the parchment puzzle.
Spoiler:
Martin
Old 06-12-14, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Me007gold
Spoiler:
Martin
Yeah, that worked for me too (just finished it now).
Old 06-12-14, 09:02 PM

Yeah, I didn't pay enough attention to the text and just went for Smithers and Burns, too. I'm way behind on emblems. I have the chance to tap twice a day if I'm lucky, these days. Plus, I'll be working out of town the final week of June so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to tap more than once per day, again, if I'm lucky. Since I'm actually enjoying this event, I may have to go back to setting timer alarms on my phone to remind me when it's time to tap and get back into the race for all the prizes.
Old 06-12-14, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

For the second time, I whiffed on my guess on who the parchment puzzle was referring to.
I've been sending characters on 8- or 12-hour tasks before going to sleep, and three times I've opened my parchment task in the morning and found that it was complete.
Old 06-12-14, 10:36 PM

I have a quick question for everyone. I currently have 163 donuts. I'm saving up for Disco Stu, but I also want Otto. Which would you guys prefer and why?
Old 06-13-14, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

I like Disco Stu more because he has more voices. Otto doesn't really say anything much. Both are great though but Disco Stu likes to party.
Old 06-13-14, 02:52 PM

Good to know about Otto. Considering getting him and Jasper for 270, which is how many donuts I have.

How did you guys end up with more than one gravestone marker for Homer? I only have one. Did I miss something?
Old 06-13-14, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

Good to know about Otto. Considering getting him and Jasper for 270, which is how many donuts I have.

How did you guys end up with more than one gravestone marker for Homer? I only have one. Did I miss something?
If you kept doing the mission you got more, I think.
Old 06-13-14, 03:09 PM

Ah, cool. Oh, well. I got one.

Two things I've noticed since the last update, one is great and one not so much. The great one is the automatic collecting of cash, XP, and FP is much faster than it used to be. The not so great thing is that there are now certain items I can't put store away. Trees and wooden boardwalk fences can't be stored. Anybody else have this going on?
Old 06-13-14, 03:30 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Nice...

Part 10

Spoiler:

Nets you 20 doughnuts.

After the women and children task to defeat the Stonecutters thing, Lisa talks about keeping them from controlling everything.

The game recommends that for a little while each day, put down the phone and go outside to make sure you aren't being controlled.

Then a little EA logo comes up and said to ignore that and here's 20 doughnuts to placate you.

*paraphrased, of course, but thats the general dialogue*

Old 06-13-14, 04:28 PM

Ah, cool. Oh, well. I got one.

Two things I've noticed since the last update, one is great and one not so much. The great one is the automatic collecting of cash, XP, and FP is much faster than it used to be. The not so great thing is that there are now certain items I can't put store away. Trees and wooden boardwalk fences can't be stored. Anybody else have this going on?
They made some changes to the inventory. Those changes introduced some bugs. Some stuff was disappearing or being switched into other items. They seem to have removed the ability to store certain items to prevent further losses while they try to figure out how to fix it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.