Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

SIVA and 7
Old 08-31-16, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheKing
Oh, and Rise Of Iron is now releasing at 2AM Pacific, or reset time.
I saw that today. I don't know if I'll get on at 5am, but I'll probably hop on at 6am for an hour or two to check it out.
Old 08-31-16, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

wooo hoooo extra time to download (;
Old 08-31-16, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Obey The D
I don't have that level of dedication.

Played a bit tonight. Im going to edge everyone just shy of a faction rank up for when the update drops. I also saw today that Bungie may have some mini events that lead into the expansion. I just want my damn Ghorn and Thorn back!
Well, if you remember last year, the week before TTK we got some of the changes early. Like the Exotic kiosks, armsday, etc. It'd be cool if we got some of the new stuff a week early. I mean they're almost certainly going to have the big part of the patch downloaded to us early anyway. Use that week for testing!
Old 08-31-16, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, if you remember last year, the week before TTK we got some of the changes early. Like the Exotic kiosks, armsday, etc. It'd be cool if we got some of the new stuff a week early. I mean they're almost certainly going to have the big part of the patch downloaded to us early anyway. Use that week for testing!
That's what I'm thinking. Hopefully we get to check out the new social space, etc.
Old 08-31-16, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's what I'm thinking. Hopefully we get to check out the new social space, etc.
That won't happen, and really it shouldn't. The first mission in ROI is clearing out Felwinter Peak so that we can use it as the new social space. That should be our introduction to it.
Old 09-01-16, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

new Destiny co-op mode
Mayhem Loot Cave

rewards: ammo
Old 09-01-16, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

relevant weekly update info

Destiny Update 2.4.0 Coming Soon™
Destiny Update 2.4.0 will become available for download to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles on September 8th, 2016. Server Maintenance and Downtime will also occur on this date, from 8:00 AM through 4:00 PM PDT. Once maintenance has concluded, players may proceed to download Destiny Update 2.4.0.

Along with this extended downtime, Bungie.net and Destiny Companion App functionality will be limited. The conclusion of maintenance will be announced through @BungieHelp, followed by the publication of Update 2.4.0 patch notes to the Game Updates page.

In preparation for Destiny Update 2.4.0, please see the following:

Please ensure that you have the proper amount of space available to accept Update 2.4.0.

Interrupting downloads may force all previous content to be re-downloaded on some consoles.

Some consoles will attempt to verify all previously downloaded content before downloading Update 2.4.0. If any issues are found, or the verification process is interrupted, all previous content will be deleted and downloaded once more.

Preparing for In-Game Clan Rosters
With the release of Destiny Update 2.4.0, Destiny Clan features will also be taken offline in preparation for in-game Clan Roster functionality. Clan tags will not appear on player nameplates until functionality is restored. Bungie.net Clan enrollment and moderation functionality will not be impacted.

We will announce the return of Clan functionality at a later date through @BungieHelp. You can find additional information in this Help Article.

Sterling Treasures
Destiny Update 2.4.0, will also change the ways in which players acquire Sterling Treasures. Starting September 8th 2016, Players may only acquire one Sterling Treasure per week, through the Level 41 Prison of Elders playlist.

On September 20th 2016, with the launch of Destiny: Rise of Iron, the Eververse Trading Co. will no longer sell Sterling Treasure for Silver. Sterling Treasure will be replaced with Radiant Treasures, which contain Silver Dust, and all new Ornaments.

Additional information concerning Radiant Treasures, Dust, and Ornaments will become available upon the launch of Destiny: Rise of Iron on help.bungie.net.

Local Network Fireteam Issues
Over the last few weeks, we have been actively investigating an issue which is prohibiting players on Local Networks from forming a Fireteam. We have identified the issue, and are investigating a potential resolution. Until a fix is implemented, we advise players who are experiencing this issue to visit our pinned thread in the #Help forum for potential workarounds to the issue. Once updates are available, they will be provided within the pinned thread and further communicated through @BungieHelp.
also I put my money on Bravo team in the PvP competitive match
Old 09-02-16, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here we go with a mini Xur Report.

Xur is located in the Hangar, just right of the stairs.

For Titans, it's the Eternal Warrior Helmet

For Hunters, it's the Knucklehead Radar Helmet

For Warlocks, it's the Obsidian Mind Helmet

The Legacy Engram is for Heavy Weapons. If you want to get a Gjallarhorn early...

The weapon this week, for the first time in OVER A YEAR: The Last Word.

That's right, Xur's longest drought is over. The last time Xur sold this gun was the week BEFORE he sold the Gjallarhorn. And while pretty much all of us here have it, a few people have been unlucky. Which means they also haven't had a shot at getting the Chaperone.

So there we go. Our good friend becomes relevant again!
Old 09-02-16, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Hello Everyone

I wanted to ask about any of the big changes, updates and new modes that have happened say in the last several months and what is coming up? My destiny co-op person has gone back in the last few days and we talked about still catching up on loose ends still pending nearly 8-10 later.

I "think" I'm still around Level 31-32 with all three characters....

But in all honesty I'd be totally lost not having played since we did that raid hopping the bolders to get to the other side and facing the Big Green Dude at the end.....which of course I failed and probably caused more gray hairs in Scott's head along with a few controllers bounced about. Which of course I'm grateful for the opportunity despite not holding my end up....

Like I told my friend kanji, I just didn't want to get back if I'm so far behind to the point I cannot even get into a Raid to help which you need to get in to get better gear....basically a Catch 22. So I don't know if there are other modes or ways to get better gear without being a hinder, burden or 5th wheel.

thanks for the patience and help the last time. I dunno if I ever said it but I do and I have to say ya'l lare a fun bunch to play with....probably the best I've been around since the days of Gears of War.
Old 09-02-16, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 185 Posts

I know it's unlikely but figured I'd ask....

Have the version that included the Taken King downloads for the 360. If I were to buy just the regular version of Destiny for the one would I have the expansions already for it?
Old 09-02-16, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think I have The Last Word. Is it still a pretty good hand canon, or have others replaced it since then?
Old 09-02-16, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Hello Everyone

I wanted to ask about any of the big changes, updates and new modes that have happened say in the last several months and what is coming up? My destiny co-op person has gone back in the last few days and we talked about still catching up on loose ends still pending nearly 8-10 later.

I "think" I'm still around Level 31-32 with all three characters....

But in all honesty I'd be totally lost not having played since we did that raid hopping the bolders to get to the other side and facing the Big Green Dude at the end.....which of course I failed and probably caused more gray hairs in Scott's head along with a few controllers bounced about. Which of course I'm grateful for the opportunity despite not holding my end up....

Like I told my friend kanji, I just didn't want to get back if I'm so far behind to the point I cannot even get into a Raid to help which you need to get in to get better gear....basically a Catch 22. So I don't know if there are other modes or ways to get better gear without being a hinder, burden or 5th wheel.

thanks for the patience and help the last time. I dunno if I ever said it but I do and I have to say ya'l lare a fun bunch to play with....probably the best I've been around since the days of Gears of War.
With the way they changed drops and infusion its very easy to catch up. Also, most of us are 335 light level, so finishing the raid wouldn't be an issue if you want to run it with us. Check the Dagger's thread, because I think we plan on running it before the new content drops.
Old 09-02-16, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Nesbit
I know it's unlikely but figured I'd ask....

Have the version that included the Taken King downloads for the 360. If I were to buy just the regular version of Destiny for the one would I have the expansions already for it?
No. However, Bungie is offering a deal for people upgrading where they can buy Destiny and all the expansions for $40 (that includes Rise Of Iron). I did read on reddit that some people are having issues on the MS side with this deal, but you could look at your XBOX store and see if the discount appears.

So for $10 you'd be getting Destiny and the first 3 expansions, with the other 30 for Rise Of Iron.
Old 09-02-16, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

With the way they changed drops and infusion its very easy to catch up. Also, most of us are 335 light level, so finishing the raid wouldn't be an issue if you want to run it with us. Check the Dagger's thread, because I think we plan on running it before the new content drops.
Ummmm killer, do you remember that last few times we raided? Oh wait you probably don't!

Here's what I would say. Buzz, if you're wanting to get back in, you're fine. Don't worry about the raid, just worry about getting to Level 40, doing the missions and quests and all of that. You can focus on catching up your light level later, like after Rise Of Iron comes out. The key is to get back into the groove of playing the game and getting used to the new systems and ways of progression.
Old 09-02-16, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ummmm killer, do you remember that last few times we raided? Oh wait you probably don't!

Blame it on people's shitty internet connections. Or people running for ammo during Bacne Challenge.

Sure, killer kocktails don't help, but neither does teleporting Ogres.
Old 09-02-16, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

thanks for the update and suggestions...I just need to play and get the feel of it again. So what's the deal with the "Drops & infusion" and so more missions & quests to boot? What about the daily's and weekly's...are they still around and worth doing and trying?
Old 09-02-16, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Returning Players Guide! Vanilla - April Update
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._april_update/
Old 09-02-16, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
Returning Players Guide! Vanilla - April Update
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._april_update/
Bingo!!...thank you very much....

yea reading that that Section 5 brings back some sour memories. That was when they went Nerf Wild and lots of changes that didn't sit well with a lot of Destiny players, me included. I think I came back about 8-10 weeks after the Taken King was released

So as Scott says; missions and quests...what about weekly's dailys's and do they have the Nightfall Missions as well? And was there some upgrade or change in getting match-making to work on some of these "missions" better?
Old 09-02-16, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

weeklies, dailies, and NF are all still around and can be found on the bottom left of your director map

NF still does not have matchmaking ... if your entire fireteam dies I believe you just start from the beginning (don't go back to orbit anymore) ..... there is not the weekly XP buff on your character for completing the NF anymore either
Old 09-02-16, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Buzz, you can do the weeklies, dailies and NF, but not until you get ranked up. Dailies are 240, Weeklies 260 and Nightfall is 320. (If you wipe in the NF, you start from whatever checkpoint you were at now)

So yeah, you can do all that stuff, once you get to a high enough level.
Old 09-03-16, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks guys....

I actually played a great deal late yesterday till late last night just looking around, getting use to the menus, seeing what's new and just getting he feel of the game again taking 'Baby Steps" like with a few easy bounties and the small missions like Kill All Enemies.....wasn't as bad as I thought and sure didn't feel like I had been away 8-10 months.

My friend kanji got on...first time we've played any co-op in literally 2-3 months and she helped me get up to speed on items and things I haven't seen before...like the Sterling Silver Boxes at the Postmaster. I had like (8) in my mailbox. Still have two left but I got the Taken Helm for the Titan and the Helm & Boots for the Warlock. I actually like what I have with my Hunter; it was some gear I grabbed doing the Taken King with the Daggers Group.....

Made headway doing bounties and also we did the mission getting the Taken Sword...getting my first Exotic.....some sniper rifle. But kanji said it might be better to hold and open till after the big update...which I really don't know much of.....Is this the Iron deal coming?

Right now all my characters are (40) with the Light level 289 to 300. I manage to get my Titan from 293 to 298 last night infusing a few pieces including the Taken Helms for the Titan and Warlock. I didn't realize just how much of the Level 20 gear I had in my stash....lots of Exotics and Raid stuff from the first Raid up to Crota. I assume it's safe to break all that down right?

Other than that a good feel to get back and play some especially co-op since I've been on SP games like Fallout 4 and No Man's Sky....though I did order Doom ($20) since I heard the SP campaign is fun. I guess I need to read up on "Iron".
Old 09-03-16, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones

Made headway doing bounties and also we did the mission getting the Taken Sword...getting my first Exotic.....some sniper rifle. But kanji said it might be better to hold and open till after the big update...which I really don't know much of.....Is this the Iron deal coming?
assuming you meant to say you received an exotic engram for a "special" weapon ... the suggestion to hold the engram and not decode it until Rise of Iron would be so you have a chance of it decoding into a new exotic special weapon not currently in the loot table that will be coming with the new content

I have been holding all my exotic engrams from 3oC drops
Old 09-05-16, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've gone thru all three of my characters to see what quests are still on the list...and some I think I might as well toss out. I mean I've see....

Legions Beachhead
Sparrow Racing
The House of Wolves - (5)Kell Rising
A Cry For help - Fallen SABER
Against The Hive - The Dark Beyond

I also have lots of weapons in the Level 40 (280 to 288) range that I probably need to weed thru; just don't know which to keep. Most of the Exotics are 290. I do have a few in the 300 (Legendary). The ones I have a question about can you give some input as to keep & infuse or just ditch....

Apple of Discord Rifle
Not Like Others - Scout Rifle
Long For Gone - Fusion....I have two at 300 was wondering should I break down to infuse something better or an Exotic?
Suros DIS-47 - Scout....I have two of these and both are like 284-85
The Dealbreaker - Auto
The Telestro - Fusion....I have two of these and both are 290. I only have a few engrams that are 300-307 range. Should I use them to bump both of these up as high as they can go?
Old 09-05-16, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

use what feels good to yourself to use
no one can answer that but yourself .... also it isn't just about the name of the weapon but what roll/perks you have on them that can make all the difference

I will offer that you should most definately keep the Telesto .... just lose the r ... it works better without it

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.