Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-14, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Played a little bit. Did a few Rumbles, Iron Banners, and played the Vanguard Tiger level on Mars and ended up getting a new Legendary Rocket Launcher. I forget the name but it has a red and white pattern and when the rocket explodes it leaves plasma damage/residue. It's not as strong as my first Legendary launcher that I've had for a bit, so I'll stick with this new one and upgrade it.
Old 10-14-14, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I got the Thorn! FINALLY!

After watching a couple videos on YouTube, I decided to give it one more whirl. Took a while, but I was able to survive long enough to get Xyor to show up, killed it, and that was that. That was nasty!
Old 10-14-14, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
I got the Thorn! FINALLY!

After watching a couple videos on YouTube, I decided to give it one more whirl. Took a while, but I was able to survive long enough to get Xyor to show up, killed it, and that was that. That was nasty!
Nice work!

I deleted that bounty. Saw the PVP requirement and said nerp.

But I did get the Pocket Infinity last night, just in time for the nerf.
Old 10-14-14, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So I have something like 5 exotic special weapons and not a single primary or heavy.

Played some nightfall last night to get my bounty for pocket infinity and had a couple of friends helping out. At the end, one of them got a crazy exotic machine gun and the other got an exotic hunter helm. Guess what I got?

So salty.

And I'm kicking myself for not buying two (or even 3) Ice Breakers. So handy.
Old 10-14-14, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you already did the nightfall for the week you don't get squat the next time.

I don't understand these hot fixes. What does nerfing auto-rifles accomplish? 99% of the people use them and I've never heard one single person complain that they were over-powered. I can see the specialty weapons, but the auto rifles are pretty generic and already underwhelming.
Old 10-14-14, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by 19K
If you already did the nightfall for the week you don't get squat the next time.

I don't understand these hot fixes. What does nerfing auto-rifles accomplish? 99% of the people use them and I've never heard one single person complain that they were over-powered. I can see the specialty weapons, but the auto rifles are pretty generic and already underwhelming.
In PvP they're pretty dominant. The problem with nerfing them along with the shotguns is that now Fusion Rifles are the new gun of choice. So down the road they'll have to nerf those. I am glad the Mythoclast is getting nerfed so quick, as it was just way too powerful compared to every other weapon.

I just finished the bounty for my second Invective shotgun. My Warlock finally has 5 free bounty slots again! Had to solo the Weekly Heroic strike, but since it's Devil's Lair it's not that bad. Did it on 28 and got 9 strange coins. Might even attempt the Nightfall.
Old 10-14-14, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I'll be on tonight for any Daily, Weekly and try the Nightfall. Thanks to RoyFurious and blast it cannot remember the other DVDTalker who we did the Daily at Level 28 last night. I was about to call it when Roy sent an invite wanting to do the 3 w/Clan Strike first and followed with the Daily. Think there was talk of trying to get organized for a Vault Run which I'm all in since I'm a bit better equipped than the first time.

I maxed my Vanguard Points on my Titan and went ahead and bought the Legendary Fusion in the group but moved it to my Warlock. I've got the Ice Breaker up to the point where the enemies explode and will leave it with the Titan. He now has it, a good Legendary Rocket and two legendary primary rifles...Scout & Pulse
Old 10-14-14, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Why the hate for scout rifles? It's my gun of choice and I've had one for all of my 18 levels. Granted, I don't PvP so maybe that's why it's no good, but why?

Also, I got my first blue (blue is rare, right?) item from a random drop while doing a Patrol mission on Earth. It's a Sniper Rifle.
Old 10-14-14, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Destiny Hotfix Finally Makes Your Scout Rifles Worth Using

Bungie is deploying a hotfix tomorrow, October 14, that brings with it promised weapon class tweaks. Among them, scout rifles have received a much needed boost to damage output.

In addition to the scout rifle base damage buff, they’ll do more against combatants based on tier (up to 25 percent). You’ll also get snappier target acquisition with them.

Auto rifles on the other hand have received a slight nerf of 2 percent. Their head shot damage bonus has also been scaled back from 1.5x to 1.25x. You’ll also note they are a bit less stable, ranging from 4 percent to 17 percent.

As we were warned, shotguns will have a shorter effective distance, with maximum damage scaled down by 20 percent at maximum range. The shot package perk has a wider cone of fire now and you won’t be able to use it at the same time as rangefinder anymore either.

Among the other smaller fixes, changes to Vault of Glass will make your next run a bit different. The biggest change is to how the relic is handled, so don’t leave the playable area.

•Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
•Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...rth-using.aspx

Last edited by K&AJones; 10-14-14 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-14-14, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
In PvP they're pretty dominant.
maybe the exotics but otherwise they are no more powered than any of the other weapons .... tweeking for sake of tweeking

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Thanks to RoyFurious and blast it cannot remember the other DVDTalker who we did the Daily at Level 28 last night.
Old 10-14-14, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
nerfing auto rifles. bastards.
That's fine. Auto rifles are too powerful. It's just spray-and-pray.
Old 10-14-14, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
maybe the exotics but otherwise they are no more powered than any of the other weapons .... tweeking for sake of tweeking

The majority of PvP players I saw were using autos.
Old 10-14-14, 09:56 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Having gone through the nerf hammer like crazy with Diablo, I am not surprised by the nerf on the assault rifles. When something in the game is perceived as stronger, loot games will many times nerf that item instead of buffing other items to match.

There were many nerfs that made no sense of the last couple of years to Diablo. The thing with Destiny is they have to balance the PVP with the PVE. If they buffed all other weapon types up and kept the assault rifles the same, they would effectively change the kill time in MP. They want to reach a balance so that you can take a few hits and jump or get behind cover. They don't want it to feel like Rainbow Six/counter strike where you are dead in less that 1 second from every gun in the game.

What I wish they had done was just nerf assault rifles in mp only. I really don't know why they felt the need to hurt people who have spent many hours grinding out materials to max out their primary weapon, only to have them reduced in some way. The Scout rifle buff was needed. I don't think the assault rifle nerf was needed at all in PVE.
Old 10-14-14, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by The Bus
nope. look at their impact ratings and distance before they nerfed them. they weren't that good for distance related kills. now they are even worse.
Old 10-14-14, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Yeah, auto rifles have always been weak but I like the control. As long as you concentrated your fire on the opponents head or torso then you're good. If I'm close enough then I'll run, slide, and shank.

I think I'm gonna play a couple of rounds in the Iron Banner/Crucible before I go and pick up Evil Within.
Old 10-14-14, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?

I think I'm gonna play a couple of rounds in the Iron Banner/Crucible before I go and pick up Evil Within.
IB ends today so better hope it is still up
Old 10-14-14, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Deftones
nope. look at their impact ratings and distance before they nerfed them. they weren't that good for distance related kills. now they are even worse.
Maybe they aren't Sniper rifles, but you can get some pretty good distance kills with most auto rifles. Either that or I'm a pretty good shot. But at the same time, autos have different feels and styles too. There's a world of difference between one of the 60-70 magazine rifles and the 25-35 rifles. Stuff like the Doctor Nope that just spit bullets out there aren't the best for long range, but a Grim Citizen III or of course the SUROS?

I'm not saying they needed to be nerfed, because this will make Fusion Rifles even more dominant. Every extra bullet needed gives the fusion guy a chance to charge.
Old 10-14-14, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
And I'm kicking myself for not buying two (or even 3) Ice Breakers. So handy.
You know you can place the weapon in the Vault when you're ready to switch characters and then pick it up with the other one, right? It's a minor inconvenience but better than using that many strange coins, probably.

Originally Posted by 19K
There was plenty of complaining about auto rifles in PvP. Usually by people who had been recently killed by one.

Originally Posted by Gooter
Why the hate for scout rifles? It's my gun of choice and I've had one for all of my 18 levels. Granted, I don't PvP so maybe that's why it's no good, but why?
There are (were?) a lot of guns that do a lot more damage than scout rifles, and a lot faster. Unless you're a master of headshots, using one in PvP was a good way to be the lowest scorer on your team.
Old 10-14-14, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For those hoping Iron Banner would be up today, sorry. The gates to the back hall closed at 2AM Pacific. You can still turn in Iron Banner bounties if completed, but you won't be able to complete any, unless you want to hold onto them til the next time.

So now it's back to the "balanced" crucible, and just 2 sets of bounties again.
Old 10-14-14, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MoviePage
There was plenty of complaining about auto rifles in PvP. Usually by people who had been recently killed by one.
I never saw it. I check the Destiny forums pretty regularly. I've seen the Mythocast complaints, and the shotgun, and the hunter arc blade, and even the hand cannons. I honestly have never seen anyone complain about auto rifles in PvP. And I rarely get killed by one when I play crucible. It's almost always some sort of one-shot kill weapon or super.

Auto rifles are the most generic weapon in the game and didn't need a nerf as far as I'm concerned. To each their own I guess.
Old 10-14-14, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by 19K
I never saw it. I check the Destiny forums pretty regularly. I've seen the Mythocast complaints, and the shotgun, and the hunter arc blade, and even the hand cannons. I honestly have never seen anyone complain about auto rifles in PvP. And I rarely get killed by one when I play crucible. It's almost always some sort of one-shot kill weapon or super.

Auto rifles are the most generic weapon in the game and didn't need a nerf as far as I'm concerned. To each their own I guess.
I was getting smoked by the Monte Carlo someone had yesterday in IB but like I said I'm sure souped up exotics are the exception

Vanquisher VIII user here
Old 10-14-14, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ core gameplay is fantastic
Old 10-14-14, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was getting smoked by the Monte Carlo someone had yesterday in IB but like I said I'm sure souped up exotics are the exception

Vanquisher VIII user here
I'm not saying I've NEVER been killed an auto-rifle... I'm just saying people that dominate with them are few and far between (and if they do, it's probably more attributed to skill than any type of weapon advantage). I certainly haven't heard/read about anyone bitching about them. That's all.
Old 10-14-14, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Bus
Spray n Pray doesn't work very well at all with AR's. They are far too weak to not land most of your shots and they better be critical. Hell being extremely accurate with one doesn't work half the time. Even with a gun like the Grim Citizen.
Old 10-14-14, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by 19K
I'm not saying I've NEVER been killed an auto-rifle... I'm just saying people that dominate with them are few and far between (and if they do, it's probably more attributed to skill than any type of weapon advantage)
I concur

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.