Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-14, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

PSN was down today until right now for routine maintenance.
Old 10-13-14, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Bizarrely, Destiny was still letting me online on my PS4 in the middle of the maintenance. No idea why I lucked out. Good timing too, 'cause I needed to shoot stuff. Speaking of which, here are the details on tomorrow's hot fix:

<big>Summary</big>
The most recent hotfix (1.0.2.2) for Destiny goes live on October 14th. This hotfix includes a number of changes to weapon balance across archetypes (e.g., lowering Auto Rifle effectiveness and increasing Scout Rifle damage output), specific weapons (Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity) and includes a number of fixes to issues with the Templar encounter in the Vault of Glass. 

We're still working on a larger update which will address under-performing Exotics and overall class balance. 

<big>General</big>
  • Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance

<big>Classes</big>
  • Titan
    • Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended
  • Warlock
    • Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne

<big>Weapons</big>
  • General
    • Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping
  • Auto Rifles
    • Base Damage decreased by 2%
    • Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
    • Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)
  • Hand Cannons
    • In-air accuracy now increased
  • Scout Rifles
    • Base damage increased by 6%
    • Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
    • Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
  • Shotguns
    • Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
    • Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
    • The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
  • Exotic Weapons
    • Vex Mythoclast
      • Base Damage decreased by 34%
      • Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)
    • Pocket Infinity
      • Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk
  • Perks
    • Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
    • Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed

<big>Activities</big>
  • Strikes
    • Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary
  • Raid - Vault of Glass
    • Templar Encounter
      • Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
      • Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

<big>Destinations</big>
  • The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan
Old 10-13-14, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

nerfing auto rifles. bastards.
Old 10-13-14, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

It's almost like they are trying to make the game less fun with every update...

Nerf the fuck out of the shotguns you bitches!
Old 10-13-14, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of people are going to be pissed about the Vex Mythoclast taking such a hit. And after they worked so hard to complete the raid on Hard to get it. I know a few people who had come to rely on Pocket Infinity as well.

Originally Posted by Music
It's almost like they are trying to make the game less fun with every update...
It really does. The only good news here is for Scout Rifle users. And there aren't any Scout Rifle users.
Old 10-13-14, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah I really dislike the nerfing of the AR
Old 10-13-14, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why are people still playing this game? Nothing but mediocre reviews and tons of complaints from gamers.
Old 10-13-14, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^ core gameplay is fantastic
Old 10-13-14, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by edstein
Why are people still playing this game? Nothing but mediocre reviews and tons of complaints from gamers.
Because losers and mouthbreathers.

Old 10-13-14, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
It really does. The only good news here is for Scout Rifle users. And there aren't any Scout Rifle users.
Ha, ha. That made me laugh! I remember early on, just a few days after getting the game, I tried my first strike and joined the live party, and the guys on my fireteam were all saying things like, "dude, are you using a scout rifle, really?!" It was the best gun I had at the time but now I know why they were saying that.
I'm not playing the game any more and traded it in after ~70 hours of playing. I never landed a single exotic drop of weapons or armor, and never landed a legendary weapon during all that time either. Even though I only had a rare auto rifle I really liked it. I would be pissed if I was still playing and they nerfed that now.
Old 10-13-14, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's ok to complain about things, even if you like some parts of it. Opinions don't need to be 100% or 0%.
Old 10-13-14, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzness
I think I am working on the same exotic bounty - I am at the 3rd stage where it asks for 500 kills with void weapons
Originally Posted by musick
that's the one and deaths give you a penalty
was made that much more difficult when I kept getting the "bee" error and disconnects in the Crucible much of the day yesterday
It's not 500 kills, it's 500 points. You get 5 points per kill, and lose 2 points per death. So if you get all your kills with void, and have a 1:1 KD Ratio, it's more like 300 kills.

I finished that part rather quick, but I've been stuck on the last part for weeks. When you guys get there, maybe we all could team up on the bitch hard version of Summoning Pits and get it all done at once.
Old 10-13-14, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't played the game since Friday when I heard they were nerfing the Auto Rifles.

I think I'm just gonna wait for Advanced Warfare.
Old 10-13-14, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm still learning terminology. What does nerfing mean? They making the autorifles more powerful or less? I have one of those for my Hunter.
Old 10-13-14, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Barth
Ha, ha. That made me laugh! I remember early on, just a few days after getting the game, I tried my first strike and joined the live party, and the guys on my fireteam were all saying things like, "dude, are you using a scout rifle, really?!" It was the best gun I had at the time but now I know why they were saying that.
I'm not playing the game any more and traded it in after ~70 hours of playing. I never landed a single exotic drop of weapons or armor, and never landed a legendary weapon during all that time either. Even though I only had a rare auto rifle I really liked it. I would be pissed if I was still playing and they nerfed that now.
Scout's were great in the beta, the full game not so much

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I'm still learning terminology. What does nerfing mean? They making the autorifles more powerful or less? I have one of those for my Hunter.
Nerf= less, Buff= more.

This patch seems terrible, almost like they are trying to kill the game, that being said I am still going to play the shit out of this game
Old 10-13-14, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks. ^
Old 10-13-14, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

Originally Posted by edstein
Because there is nothing to play for me right now. That changes tomorrow with borderlands. Then I will have other stuff to play for the rest of the year with sunset overdrive, lego batman 3 and other titles.
Old 10-13-14, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts

Mnemonic : Nerf guns are less powerful than actual guns.
Old 10-13-14, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Things are going to change, but I had noticed that in my last PVP experience, shotguns were done, and fusion rifles were all the rage. I was getting one-shot by them like crazy, while my shotgun wasn't one-shotting even at close range anymore. It was pretty frustrating. If they are nerfing shotguns even more, while also nerfing autorifles, I will be sucking for a while in PVP. Those were my go-tos.
Old 10-13-14, 10:24 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I don't know how people are doing so well with fusion rifles. They're great in PVE, but in PVP by the time mine fires my target is halfway across the map.
Old 10-13-14, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I like when you can see someone targeting you with a sniper rifle. You can see the lens flare. Sometimes they're stupid enough to stay in that same position and I come back and sneak from behind and food check 'em.
Old 10-13-14, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
I don't know how people are doing so well with fusion rifles. They're great in PVE, but in PVP by the time mine fires my target is halfway across the map.
I have the same question. I can hear their fusion rifles charging, and yet I can't do a damn thing to avoid them. Then the even more frustrating part of that last session, was me hearing the charge, blasting them full in the face, at pretty close range with my shotgun, only to be killed right after while they live. I'm ducking, jumping, strafing, and it's like they have auto-lock with those things.
Old 10-13-14, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing

I finished that part rather quick, but I've been stuck on the last part for weeks. When you guys get there, maybe we all could team up on the bitch hard version of Summoning Pits and get it all done at once.
so there is a 4th part to the bounty? I hope not

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I have the same question. I can hear their fusion rifles charging, and yet I can't do a damn thing to avoid them. Then the even more frustrating part of that last session, was me hearing the charge, blasting them full in the face, at pretty close range with my shotgun, only to be killed right after while they live. I'm ducking, jumping, strafing, and it's like they have auto-lock with those things.
probably have legendary/exotics with some upgrades
even the standards have upgrade slots for shorter reloading times
Old 10-13-14, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Things are going to change, but I had noticed that in my last PVP experience, shotguns were done, and fusion rifles were all the rage. I was getting one-shot by them like crazy, while my shotgun wasn't one-shotting even at close range anymore. It was pretty frustrating. If they are nerfing shotguns even more, while also nerfing autorifles, I will be sucking for a while in PVP. Those were my go-tos.

It's probably that "postmortem" thing. I usually do that to people during melee or when I throw a dagger. They shoot me dead and as I'm falling they fall too. I've seen it do that with rockets and grenades, too.
Old 10-14-14, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
Originally Posted by musick
so there is a 4th part to the bounty? I hope not
Technically, there's 5 parts, but Part 4 you need 1 mote of light to buy something from the Speaker.

The final part puts a new area on your map. It's a Level 26 version of The Summoning Pits Moon Strike, with the enemies also on Epic difficulty. It's not bad until you get to the final room. Once there, you have to survive for a LONG time, and you can't kill the final boss. You have to wait until a special wizard named Xyor, the unwed shows up. That's who you have to kill. So you have to basically kills tons of other yellow and red wizards with fire shields and yellow and red Knights with Arc shields, along with avoiding the very dangerous fire from the main boss.

I tried it with a couple of guys after our Raid attempt last week, and we couldn't do it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.