Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-14, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Great! I have yet to send you the friend request but I'll do that this week. I already have Decker in my list and I'll add others as we start.

I played the PS3 version by myself so it will be nice playing the new version with other people.
Old 07-28-14, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Yea...I'll see and try to get a firm answer as to which way we're going. Last of Us comes out tomorrow, she's out-of-town next week and Diablo III is three weeks away. Personally despite losing everything I'd soon as get the PS4 and move ahead. I don't see playing all five characters again much less spending countless days and nights farming for certain loot. Just want to play the Crusader and maybe one other character, enjoy the game with a few friends, have some laughs and relax beating up zombies, Cowheads and Demons. Just get Decker and maybe Chess and a few others in and we'll have a nice little rotation going.
Old 07-31-14, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey Buzz, this is a sign that you need to get this game on the PS4. Destructoid has confirmed that you can import your saved game from a 360 to the PS4 or from a PS3 to a XBox One. You just need to link your Live or PSN userid with the Battle.net one.
Old 08-01-14, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Hey Buzz, this is a sign that you need to get this game on the PS4. Destructoid has confirmed that you can import your saved game from a 360 to the PS4 or from a PS3 to a XBox One. You just need to link your Live or PSN userid with the Battle.net one.
No Freaking Way!!!!....are you serious? This has been a major, major sticking point. You can go on the Official battle.net diablo Forums>Consoles and there are plenty out there who got the PS4 wanting to know about moving the data from the 360 over to it. Of course everyone has said no-way or someone would need to write a program or offer a service for this. I'm going to have to check this out. I find it odd that near the 11th hour release window something like this pops up. If and mean a Big If true then it's almost a sure thing but needs to be a sure thing...not some iffy 50/50 or maybe.....thanks for the update.
Old 08-01-14, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,271 Likes on 4,289 Posts

Can you bring over your progress from a PC version as well?

Best Buy is offering no pre-order bonuses, so I'm going to try and get it from Gamefly first.
Old 08-01-14, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just saw this posted by the Community Manager on the Console Forum at Battle.net....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13660715952

Just to confirm, in an upcoming console patch for PS3 and Xbox 360, we'll be enabling what we're calling "cross-brand" or "cross-generational" transfers for Ultimate Evil Edition. As the name suggests, these transfers will allow players to copy their character save data across brands and across platform generations. We'll have more details to share once the patch is live, including how to complete a transfer with step-by-step instructions and how Battle.net account linking works. In the meantime, here's a quick list of what's supported:

•PS3 > Xbox One
•Xbox 360 > PS4
•PS3 > PS4
•Xbox 360 > Xbox One

The goal of cross-brand/cross-generational transfers is to support players who may have switched brands when next-gen systems were released for PlayStation and Xbox, but don't want to leave their progress from original Diablo III behind when upgrading to Ultimate Evil Edition.

As a follow up to that, please note that the following cross-platform transfers will not be supported:
•Xbox 360 > PS3
•PS3 > Xbox 360

For same-platform upgrades to Ultimate Evil Edition (PS3 > PS3 and Xbox 360 > Xbox 360), your character save data will be automatically loaded once the game is installed. No additional steps needed!

Apparently you need to link both your XBL and PSn accounts thru Battle.net. Here is more on it...

Correct. As an addendum, if you're transferring cross-brand (i.e. PS3 > Xbox One, Xbox 360 > PS4) you will also need to link both your PSN and Xbox Live accounts to Battle.net. This is the "Battle.net Linking" you may have heard mention of before:

https://us.battle.net/account/management/links.html

The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of UEE will also have an Export Save option for players who may not yet have a PS4 or Xbox One, but still want to pick up UEE on their current-gen system. If these players later pick up a PS4 or Xbox One and want to continue playing the game, they can export their save from PS3/360 on UEE and get their save on PS4/One. In order to do this, though, you'll need to have PS4/One version of UEE.)I probably sound like a broken record right now, but we'll be covering all this in great (potentially pain-staking detail) once these transfers are available.

Last edited by K&AJones; 08-01-14 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-06-14, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here are the instructions from Battle.net to move game data/saves cross platform....PS3 to XO and 360 to PS4

http://us.battle.net//d3/en/blog/15058023
Old 08-06-14, 03:59 PM

Will you exporting your way-leveled up character to the PS4 make it effectively incompatible for a party with my brand-new, Level 1 character, or would that not really be an issue?
Old 08-06-14, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
Will you exporting your way-leveled up character to the PS4 make it effectively incompatible for a party with my brand-new, Level 1 character, or would that not really be an issue?
Not a chance...yes we have all Five up to Level 60...but I'd like to jump on the new Crusader off the bat. Me and kanjji don't like or care for playing like that...having a Mega Leveled Character ahead while we're tagging along. All the while we played we alwys kept all the characters close Level wise. What we will do is take the Level 60's and work on getting them to Level 70. But it's actually quite fun with a group just starting out new characters just as much as with a group of Level 60's.

What I want to see and know is will "All My Characters" transfer...because I have the five playable and a "Mule" character for each...where I stash all the Legendaries I don't use that's lower level. If that's the case we can help you (and whoever else) with weapons and armor with any of the characters We did a lot of "cloning"....making duplicates for each other and I'm curious if that's going to be done on the PS4. It's easy on the 360 but we did just between us.
Old 08-06-14, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So I'm guessing that it's a sure thing that you will be joining us Buzz?
Old 08-06-14, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Chiming in here as a PC player, but if you're playing the game for the first time I actually find that I enjoy playing solo the first time through on normal difficulty to actually see the plot, read the notes and journal entries, etc and then party up in your next playthroughs as usually party members skip all the story stuff just to level and loot faster.
Old 08-07-14, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Chiming in here as a PC player, but if you're playing the game for the first time I actually find that I enjoy playing solo the first time through on normal difficulty to actually see the plot, read the notes and journal entries, etc and then party up in your next playthroughs as usually party members skip all the story stuff just to level and loot faster.
Very good advice. I did this on the PS3 and just played it solo. I took my time and experienced all of the little details the game had to offer.

This is why I want to play RoS with other players now. I did the solo stuff and now I want to experience it with a group of people.
Old 08-07-14, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
So I'm guessing that it's a sure thing that you will be joining us Buzz?

That is affirmative...and kanji as well. I'm doing the pre-order this Saturday while out at Best Buy only because I have a $25 Gift Card...other wise I would do the Digital DL.

It's been awhile since I've had the pleasure of playing with four which I hope we can do.....solo is fun.....two is a blast.....three is insane.....four is total mayhem laughable fun.

I will second fumanstan on playing the first time solo. I remember it well and stopping by with each character, listening to their story, picking up the books and watching the cut scenes which themselves are actually pretty cool. But it was three of us who all started out new doing the story together which in some places you actually need that tag-along friend to help out.
Old 08-07-14, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Awesome! Just to let you know, I think the game comes out on the 19th but I will be on a Caribbean vacation from the 17th to the 24th. I won't be able to play the game until then. So I hope you can wait for me a little bit

I only have 1 level 60 character (monk), with my WD and Barbarian in the high teen levels. My Hardcore character is also a Monk at level 14. I will try to level up as much as possible before importing them to RoS. I'm also glad that Blizzard has confirmed that your preorder items such as my Infernal Helm will carry over to the new version.
Also, I don't have any hacked items and by the sound of it, it seems that you don't either Buzz. I'm not interested in playing it that way.
Old 08-07-14, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My best overall character is the Monk but have fun with all five. We're always talking and playing different character combos to see all the insane action going on. Like playing two WD's at the same time with 5-6 dogs running all over and two big Monkeys bashing stuff while lobbing poison & fire all over the place...just a hoot. I told my friend wouldn't be cool to see four WD's at the same time...stuff like that we're always joking around like what if...you had four Demon Hunters with Arrows flying all over. Or two WD's and two Wizards casting stuff left & right. Or two Monks and two Barbs going thru like four weedeaters thru mobs...that's how we like to play and have fun
Old 08-07-14, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sounds good! BTW, what headset do you have? Amazon Canada had the Gold headset for $80 last week and now it's back up to $100. I'm pissed that I missed out on that.
Old 08-07-14, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I found a "used/refurb pair" on Amazon a month ago for $89.00....sound and feel great....

Skullcandy PLYR 1...

Old 08-07-14, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I might have to buy the bullet and purchase a Gold one at that price.
Old 08-07-14, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Btw, for those getting RoS on the X-Box One, they have confirmed that it will run on 1080p, 60fps after a Day 1 patch.
Old 08-07-14, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Regarding cross brand transfers:

I think I made the most progress on my Xbox 360 Diablo save (vs my PS3). I do not have the Diablo 3 Xbox360 disc any more. Will I need it to link my 360 account to Bnet in order to transfer my 360 save to the PS4?
Old 08-07-14, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Check this link on the console forum. There's a few on there asking the very same question and there's something about retrieving the information via "The Cloud" and using a flash USB Drive(?)

Old 08-07-14, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Check this link on the console forum. There's a few on there asking the very same question and there's something about retrieving the information via "The Cloud" and using a flash USB Drive(?)

Thanks. Looks like you do need access to a current gen D3 disc (PS3, 360) and your save file. Disc doesn't have to be yours, any disc will do (e.g., "rent" from Gamestop).

I linked my Xbox and PS accounts on Bnet. I had just started Act II on Xbox and was still in Act I on PS so not very far in both and don't think I had great gear anyway. Not gonna worry about transfering and just start a Crusader fresh on PS4. Placed my pre-order at BB today!
Old 08-07-14, 01:41 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have not played Diablo 3 yet, I highly recommend picking it up on the ps4/xbox one....it is an amazing game that has taken up over 1300 hours of my time.
Old 08-07-14, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh I know! I had/have it for the PC/OSX, Xbox 360 and PS3. And soon, the PS4. Haven't logged anywhere close to the hours as you though. Actually Fox, you helped me out with some early AH strategies before they changed it the first time. I have a ton of gold sitting on my PC/OSX account.
Old 08-07-14, 04:12 PM

Diablo III on PS4: New Ultimate Evil Edition Details

+ Posted by John Hight on Aug 07, 2014 // Production Director at Blizzard Entertainment

Greetings, nephalem! John Hight here to bring you an update as my team and I prepare to unleash a whole lot of evil on consoles everywhere. I’m pleased to say that on August 19, just two short weeks from now, you’ll be able to lay waste to Malthael and bring peace to the streets of Westmarch from the comfort of your La-Z-Boy with the release of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition.

The Ultimate Evil Edition is filled with all the features, fast-paced action, and legendary loot included in the Reaper of Souls expansion set, as well as all of the content of the original Diablo III. With a new chapter to play through and the new Crusader class to master, plus the freedom to explore endlessly with Adventure Mode, your path to new heights of power will be literally in your DualShock-wielding hands.

I want to remind everyone to get your preorders in if you haven’t already. Doing so will land you a devilishly sweet pair of Infernal Pauldrons, which provide some powerful bonuses for your characters, and they look pretty cool too—a plus considering you can also use them for transmogs (a new feature available in UEE). For those who pre-purchase the game digitally on the PlayStation Store, you’ll also pick up a set of helm and weapon transmog recipes, a Spectral Hound minion, and three additional character slots.

The Ultimate Evil Edition also includes some console-exclusive features—like Apprentice Mode, which boosts lower level players when they’re playing with higher level players; the Nemesis system, which sends monsters that have slain your character on to wreak havoc in your friends’ games; and more—all of which make playing with your friends even more challenging and rewarding. We’ve also teamed up with Sony to bring PS3 and PS4 players some exclusive content: a Nephalem Rift inspired by The Last of Us, and a larger-than-life transmog armor set based on Shadow of the Colossus. If you haven’t seen these yet, you should check them out at our blog.

For players who’ve been holding off on bringing justice to Diablo on console, now is the perfect time to join the fray, as the Ultimate Evil Edition is a maxed-out version of the game, with Diablo III and all of the latest updates for that, plus all of the new content that we launched with the Reaper of Souls expansion. And if you’ve already played Diablo III on console, I have good news for you as well: you’ll be able to transfer your characters over into this new release and continue your adventures—even across console generations.

One more cool piece of news for PS4 players: the next-gen console architecture makes it much easier for us to offer ongoing patch support for the PS4 version of the Ultimate Evil Edition. This means that as we continue to patch the game on PC, we’ll now be able to roll out related patch content, as appropriate, on PS4 as well. It’ll take some additional time beyond the PC patch rollout, but we’ll get them to you as quickly as possible.

After slaving away in the deepest depths of the Burning (development) Hells, I’m excited that the game is almost here and ready for you guys to play. Slay well, nephalem, and we’ll see you in Hell!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.