Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead - SPOILERS Discussion Thread - Show/Comic - News, rumors, casting

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead - SPOILERS Discussion Thread - Show/Comic - News, rumors, casting

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-12, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: The Walking Dead: Open Season. Comics/Show/Talking Dead [Spoilers for Everything]

The great thing is that according to Glenn's twitter feed they have only shot the first 3 or 4 episodes. So this trailer represents three episodes. Woodbury looks really cool and prison looks intense!
Old 07-14-12, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
re: The Walking Dead: Open Season. Comics/Show/Talking Dead [Spoilers for Everything]

Carl already looks 20 years old
Old 07-14-12, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Flatlander
The great thing is that according to Glenn's twitter feed they have only shot the first 3 or 4 episodes. So this trailer represents three episodes. Woodbury looks really cool and prison looks intense!
That's actually a bit disappointing to me, since I expected more episodes establishing them settling in to the Prison before getting to Woodbury.
Old 07-14-12, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by redrum
Carl already looks 20 years old
I thought they had solved this problem in the 80's by getting midgets to play children.
Old 07-14-12, 03:32 PM
Banned

I never read the comics, but I have heard that the end of the prison storyarc ends with
Spoiler:
the vast majority of the main cast being killed. They probably won't kill off that many people in the tv show, but I at least hope they kill Lori. She is so horribly miscast. That actress is the worst part of any tv show she is a part of, whether it is Prison Break or The Walking Dead.

Also I wonder what they are going to do about Carl aging? Is he going to end up being another Walt from Lost? Like Lost, this show takes place within a very short period of time, but a child aging a year between seasons is going to be much more noticeable than an adult aging.
Old 07-14-12, 04:34 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
That's actually a bit disappointing to me, since I expected more episodes establishing them settling in to the Prison before getting to Woodbury.
From the Comic-Con preview, it looks like:

Spoiler:
Michonne and Andrea encounter Woodbury first before Rick and company.
Old 07-14-12, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 281 Likes on 212 Posts

Remember no spoiler tags necessary in this topic, anything goes.
Old 07-14-12, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 932 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by ckw4b
Trailer for Season 3 which was released at Comic Con. Someone's favorite brother is back!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V9_lkap-uFA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Awesome trailer. Maggie's looking mighty fine in that tank top.
Old 07-14-12, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Remember no spoiler tags necessary in this topic, anything goes.
uhh..it says spoiler free.
Old 07-14-12, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Tomato; tomaato
Old 07-15-12, 09:35 AM

I loved the first 2 seasons, but for me they kinda killed it with that Dreadz The Zombie Slayer chick. But what really dropped my interest in it was when it was revealed that they were all infected. Now it feels like whats the point. Really killed a lot of the intensity and drive of the show. I'll try watching it come October still, but I don't have high hopes for it at all.
Old 07-15-12, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I guess that means you don't have to use the spoiler tags; all thought I thought it ment no spoilers. :shrugs:
Old 07-15-12, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Skyclad01
I loved the first 2 seasons, but for me they kinda killed it with that Dreadz The Zombie Slayer chick. But what really dropped my interest in it was when it was revealed that they were all infected. Now it feels like whats the point. Really killed a lot of the intensity and drive of the show. I'll try watching it come October still, but I don't have high hopes for it at all.
It's the same rules of the Romero movies. "The bodies of the recently deceased are returning to life."

Plus, no matter how safe you are, as long as you're with someone else another zombie is just a few heartbeats away.

Last edited by majorjoe23; 07-15-12 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-15-12, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

uhh....I'm the topic creator, I should know. My intention when I wrote that was "spoiler tag free" which is the entire point of discussing the comics and show openly. I earlier indicated I wanted a mod to change the title, but that was not done.
Old 07-15-12, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 932 Likes on 657 Posts

You have to PM a mod.
Old 07-15-12, 04:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Skyclad01
But what really dropped my interest in it was when it was revealed that they were all infected. Now it feels like whats the point. Really killed a lot of the intensity and drive of the show. I'll try watching it come October still, but I don't have high hopes for it at all.
Have you not ever watched a single zombie movie before? All the dead always come back. Them all being infected is not some huge change.

I have no idea how this could possibly ruin anything.
Old 07-15-12, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,832 Likes on 1,945 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
Have you not ever watched a single zombie movie before? All the dead always come back. Them all being infected is not some huge change.

I have no idea how this could possibly ruin anything.
Yeah, that's pretty much a zombie staple unless you're dealing with non-dead zombie like in 28 Days Later.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 07-16-12 at 03:14 AM.
Old 07-15-12, 09:35 PM

I guess I got into zombies a little late then. The rules I knew was that you only became a zombie if you were scratched or bitten or their blood got on you, etc. Not that you were already basically a living zombie.
Old 10-05-12, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

not really a good place to put this, but I guess this walking dead thread will work
On Jeopardy this week they had two categories next to each other: The Walking Dead and Where is Carl?
I got a laugh
neither category was about the show though
Old 10-14-12, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tonight's the night.
Old 10-14-12, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,047 Likes on 642 Posts

Yep--can't wait! It's a busy TV night for me, and this is the one thing I'll for sure be watching "live."
Old 10-14-12, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also I put in a request to change the name of the thread since there was confusion. But in any case, anything can be discussed here.
Old 10-14-12, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Walking Dead: Open Season. Comics/Show/Talking Dead [Spoilers for Everything]

Updated the thread title as per the original poster's request.
Old 10-14-12, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,734 Likes on 2,681 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead: Open Season. Comics/Show/Talking Dead [Spoilers for Everything]

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Updated the thread title as per the original poster's request.
Thanks

I actually just sent you a PM too.
Old 10-14-12, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.