Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

New Blockbuster Online program?!?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

New Blockbuster Online program?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-07, 05:17 PM
X
Administrator

Received 161 Likes on 128 Posts
I'll accept the retroactive charge since I should have got charged it in the first place since I forgot to cancel on time.

However I will also call them and bitch about how I only got 3 movies in the last week and a half or more. Some days they didn't even bother to mail anything even though I had none out and movies in my queue were marked as available. I was thinking maybe they knew their service was going to suck the last couple of weeks so they did another month free. Maybe?
Old 01-04-07, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by X
I'll accept the retroactive charge since I should have got charged it in the first place since I forgot to cancel on time.

However I will also call them and bitch about how I only got 3 movies in the last week and a half or more. Some days they didn't even bother to mail anything even though I had none out and movies in my queue were marked as available. I was thinking maybe they knew their service was going to suck the last couple of weeks so they did another month free. Maybe?
I was totally kidding, but maybe you have a point. What with Christmas/New Years/Ford dying, the mail has kind of sucked. Maybe they don't want people getting a bad impression.
Old 01-04-07, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
I'm loving the new Blockbuster Total Access program.

Do they have all the films I want online in stock? No
Are they fairly slow in shipping queue titles? Yes (but it wasn't nearly as bad as before)
Do they sometimes throttle queue titles? Yes

Do I have a DVD in my hands whenever I want by visiting my local B&M and using returns as free rentals? Absolutely.
Old 01-04-07, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm a big Blockbuster fan also. And I just found out that one of the nearby stores stocks Blu-Ray titles so now I have something to feed my PS3!
Old 01-04-07, 06:50 PM
X
Administrator

Received 161 Likes on 128 Posts
I'd be way happier if my local Blockbuster wasn't the size of a two car garage and had a pretty small selection of movies. So I'm mostly dependent on getting what I want to see from online and there sure have been a lot of titles not available lately. Along with the lousy shipping recently I'm feeling I almost got my money's worth.
Old 01-05-07, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 833 Likes on 614 Posts
I may be the only one having this problem, but is anyone has trouble accessing the new Blockbuster site? Every since they switched over to the new site my IE has long moments of the browser not responding when I try to update my queue. Firefox completely craps out on me when I try to access my queue.
Old 01-05-07, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by lwhy?
I may be the only one having this problem, but is anyone has trouble accessing the new Blockbuster site? Every since they switched over to the new site my IE has long moments of the browser not responding when I try to update my queue. Firefox completely craps out on me when I try to access my queue.
When they first switched to the new site, I was having a lot of problems with it. Everything seems to be working out fine with it now though.
Old 01-06-07, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
When they first switched to the new site, I was having a lot of problems with it. Everything seems to be working out fine with it now though.
The thing that annoys me is that "Check My Store for This Movie" still isn't working. That would be a nice feature if it actually worked.

BTW, I was communicating with Blockbuster customer service tonight about a billing issue and found out that Blockbuster is on Greenwich Mean Time. Does that seem odd to anyone else? It seems very unusual, and I can't find any mention of it on Blockbuster's website. Anyhow, be aware that membership changes or cancellations must be done before midnight GMT on the eve of the next billing date.
Old 01-08-07, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Do the in store rentals have late fees or a number of days limit?
Old 01-08-07, 02:29 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by BigDaddy
Do the in store rentals have late fees or a number of days limit?
Subject to the same return dates that the store normally has, along with the 7 day grace period if your store has the "no late fee" policy. I plan on only returning DVDs when I'm ready to bring in some more mailers to minimize my trips to Blockbuster.
Old 01-08-07, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by phattyphat69
Subject to the same return dates that the store normally has, along with the 7 day grace period if your store has the "no late fee" policy. I plan on only returning DVDs when I'm ready to bring in some more mailers to minimize my trips to Blockbuster.

Thanks.
Old 01-08-07, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Does the 7 day grace period start from the day you rent or from the day you are supposed to return. I signed up for an account in store and they gave me no info about their policies at all, and their site seems to say nothing.
Old 01-08-07, 07:02 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by porieux
Does the 7 day grace period start from the day you rent or from the day you are supposed to return.
There should be two dates listed on your receipt: the first is the technical due date and the second (later) date is end of your grace period, after which you are charged for buying the DVD.

For example, I returned some mailers and picked up new movies on Friday the 5th. They were one week rentals that were listed on the receipt as due Friday the 12th. The grace period goes until the 19th and I have "bought the DVD" on the 20th if it is not returned.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-12-07, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For people that rent Blu-Ray or HD-DVD IN STORE, can you use the online envelope to rent those in-store? My store does not have HD/BD yet, but I may check the one by work. The online selection for BD and HD/DVD is HORRIBLE STILL. STuff still says Coming Soon and some are not even an option.
Old 01-12-07, 01:08 PM

I just started the free trial. I brought back a DVD to the store and the clerk said that it should show returned in my queue but stay listed until they physically receive it. That was yesterday and my queue still shows the returned DVD and nothing is being readied to be sent. Is this the way it works?
Old 01-12-07, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by biomekanik
I just started the free trial. I brought back a DVD to the store and the clerk said that it should show returned in my queue but stay listed until they physically receive it. That was yesterday and my queue still shows the returned DVD and nothing is being readied to be sent. Is this the way it works?

seems that way for now. just do the 'report dvd issue' and select 'returned dvd but has not cleared queue' and you'll get your next movie sent out to you.
Old 01-12-07, 01:55 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by biomekanik
I think the clerk misspoke. In my experience (as well as according to the Blockbuster FAQ on their site) the returned movies will stay listed as "out" until their warehouse physically receives the movies from the store to which you returned the mailers. This will not prevent the next movies in your queue from shipping out on the next business day after you returned the mailers.

I don't think not receiving notice that new DVDs have been sent is a big deal at this point, and it is hopefully just a glitch they are still working out. I've never received notice that movies are sent to me after returning mailers until the night before I get them in the mail.
Old 01-12-07, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts
I returned two movies to Blockbuster Wednesday and they still haven't shipped the next two films from my queue.
Old 01-12-07, 02:45 PM

I returned three movies to the store this past weekend. They shipped out my next three movies, but the returned movies still haven't cleared from my queue. Then I received an e-mail claiming that I sent back a non-Blockbuster item and that they would return it to me.

I called customer service to ask A) What item are they claiming I didn't send back, B) Why haven't I received the mysterious "non-Blockbuster" disc back yet, and C) Why haven't the other discs cleared from my queue yet?

Not surprisingly, the rep couldn't answer any of these questions. I fear the discs were lost, mangled, or somehow mixed up somewhere between the store and the warehouse, and I fear I'm the one who's going to get blamed for it.
Old 01-12-07, 02:53 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I returned two movies to Blockbuster Wednesday and they still haven't shipped the next two films from my queue.
You aren't alone there. I rarely, if ever get a movie shipped the next day after returning it to the store.

[pissing and moaning]
BBO has been steadly going downhill since TA started. Just before xmas it really started getting bad. No movies shipped for days, even after movies returned to the store have cleared the queue.

In the last 2 weeks I have only had 2 out at a time, while I am on the 3 out plan. I have been forced to play the "cut and paste" dance with their clueless CSRs. We have exchanged no less than 10 emails about the problem. Of course, I get replies such as explaining how TA works, how the queue works (ya, I have been a member almost since the beginning, thanks anyway) and of course the genius that told me that he had had a look at my queue and I should always have 20-30 titles that are "available" at all times (if he would have actually looked at my queue he would have seen that I have over 200 in my queue and 95% are "available").

I finally thought I got this resolved 2 days ago when I threatened to "look elsewhere" for DVD rentals. The CSR said she would free up the queue and movies would be shipped the next day, plus tried to appease me with a free rental coupon. Well, shock of all shocks, 1 DVD shipped bright and early the next day and nothing since, so now I am apparently on the 1 out at a time plan.
[/pissing and moaning]
Old 01-13-07, 01:18 AM

I wonder if there is a glitch or something.

Blockbuster was going good. Return in store and next day the next DVD(s) would ship.

However this week, returned 2 in store on Monday and still nothing shipped by Wednesday. Usually 2 would have shipped on Tuesday. Also on Tuesday return 1 in store and nothing shipped on Wednesday.

Finally emailed them on Wednesday late evening and saw a movie shipped out around 11 PM. (seems late to me). Also got a free rental coupon for my troubles. The other 2 shipped later on Thursday.

I'll see if this will happen again when I return in store on Sunday.
Old 01-13-07, 01:07 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by TheOne
I wonder if there is a glitch or something.
Yeah, I had a similar problem this week. I returned three mailers in-store on Wednesday morning and nothing shipped for me until Friday. When those movies arrive I will still have rented 12 movies in the span of about 10 days including my in-store freebies, but I really hope this isn't an example of Blockbuster trying to throttle us. I can't stand getting jerked around like that--biggest reason I gave up on Netflix months back.
Old 01-13-07, 01:20 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by phattyphat69
but I really hope this isn't an example of Blockbuster trying to throttle us.
The thought has crossed my mind.

What I am hoping is that is just some sort of "growing pains" from adding all the new subscribers. In which case it may only get worse since Antioco wants 4 mil subscribers by year end.
Old 01-17-07, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I noticed that if you send a message complaining about the service to Bblockbuster abotu movies not shipping on time, they have always sent me a FREE In-Store coupon for my trouble....which is nice if you are a gamer. Just mention Netflix in the message

On the HD/Blu-Ray....Blockbuster still sucks ass in the online selection. A lot of movies not even on the site. The Covenant, Employee of the Month and many more. I'm hoping my store gets them in-store soon.
Old 01-19-07, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah I have already sent them two emails on the subject. I have returned multiple movies in store the past two weeks and it always takes 2 days to ship the next movie. This is slower than if I mailed them back myself. I have a feeling I will be canceling once my free trial is over.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.