Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

What concert did you recently attend?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

What concert did you recently attend?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-15, 10:48 AM
Premium Member

Received 701 Likes on 466 Posts
Re: What concert did you recently attend?

Halestorm last night in Columbus, OH. They are a guilty pleasure.

No opening band, they played an acoustic set then a full electric set.
Old 10-01-15, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 208 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by PerryD
I usually record a couple songs at the shows I attend and upload them to YouTube before I go to bed, and the next day, I'll have few dozen views, maybe 100 for someone more popular. This one is closing in on 5000 views in the first 18 hours.
As someone else that uploads to YT, I always find that weird, what bands/songs get hits and why...
Old 10-01-15, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
We're seeing Tove Lo tonight at the Wiltern.
Awesome!!! If the Uber down there wasn't as expensive, I would have seen her there too as she really impressed me. Have fun!!!
Old 10-01-15, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by jacob_b
Awesome!!! If the Uber down there wasn't as expensive, I would have seen her there too as she really impressed me. Have fun!!!
I'm using Lyft tonight - they sent me 1,000 rides up to 50% off, so out of pocket that means I'll probably pay $5 to and from - if even that.
Old 10-01-15, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm using Lyft tonight - they sent me 1,000 rides up to 50% off, so out of pocket that means I'll probably pay $5 to and from - if even that.
WOW how the hell did you score that???
Old 10-01-15, 08:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Went to 3 concerts within a week and a half:

September 19th: "Weird Al" Yankovic at The Greek Theatre. Weird Al was great as usual. Had an short acoustic set that poked fun of recent acts playing an acoustic set in their show.

September 26th: Eluveitie with The Agonist and Martina Edoff. Epica was originally going to headline this show, but a family emergency for the singer prevented that from happening. Martina was okay. Good singer, but the the 80's glam style of music didn't fit. The Agonist was great the new singer is cute. She can sing as well as scream. Eluveitie played a two hour set. The first part they played a bunch of their songs, then they played an acoustic set playing traditional Celtic music and then back to the folk metal. It was a great experience.

September 28th: AC/DC at Dodger Stadium: First time seeing AC/DC. I was way up in the top deck, but it was still a great show. Vintage Trouble opened up and they were good, but I didn't think that they fit the bill.

Last edited by rhpsozzy; 10-02-15 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-01-15, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rhpsozzy
Went 3 concert within a week and a half:

September 19th: "Weird Al" Yankovic at The Greek Theatre. Weird Al was great as usual. Had an short acoustic set that poked fun of recent acts playing an acoustic set in their show.

September 26th: Eluveitie with The Agonist and Martina Edoff. Epica was originally going to headline this show, but a family emergency for the singer prevented that from happening. Martina was okay. Good singer, but the the 80's glam style of music didn't fit. The Agonist was great the new singer is cute. She can sing as well as scream. Eluveitie played a two hour set. The first part they played a bunch of their songs, then they played an acoustic set playing traditional Celtic music and then back to the folk metal. It was a great experience.

September 28th: AC/DC at Dodger Stadium: First time seeing AC/DC. I was way up in the top deck, but it was still a great show. Vintage Trouble opened up and they were good, but I didn't think that they fit the bill.
I would like to see Vintage Trouble at a small club because I liked the sound and it seems like a the perfect place to see them. I saw on the field for AC/DC, but still felt like I couldn't at times because of everyone standing.

How was Weird Al at The Greek? I was thinking about checking it out. I don't understand the poking fun of acoustic sets though.
Old 10-01-15, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rhpsozzy
Saw them on the same tour. I liked Vintage Trouble, but their style was a bit contrasting, they have a very R&B-inflected flavor as opposed AC/DC's straight heavy sound. I wandered around the building entire fucking time trying to find my friends I'd lost and didn't, so I didn't see the actual show proper with the band I'd paid $120 to see. Plus gas. In a part of town I'd rather not have been in. Fun. Way, way, way too many people for an Aspie to be around, not a fun experience.

Saw Kacey Musgraves again tonight. I didn't think she could wear a shorter skirt than the one I saw her in last time. I was wrong. She could. Crappy venue, and general admissions meant that I didn't see much. She was chatty, sexy, spunky, a bit ditzy, and a lot of fun, and the band was in absolute top form. Took forever for the show to start and longer after the opening act, the rockabilly-inflected Sugar and Hi-Lows. Fun night and good shows, in spite of the drive home.
Old 10-02-15, 12:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How was Weird Al at The Greek? I was thinking about checking it out. I don't understand the poking fun of acoustic sets though.
He was great, started off with "Tacky." Al started the song in the back by the tour buses and made his way to the stage from there. He also played "Wanna Be UR LVR," where he would walk into the crowd and say some "pick-up" lines that were in the song to several audience members. If you haven't seen him live before, he does several costume changes and in between songs they would play funny TV clips that feature the Weird One himself.

As far as the Acoustic set goes, a lot of older rock acts will have a portion of the show that would be played acoustically. Al came out and played four of his classic songs like this: "Eat It" (to the tune of "Layla"), "I Lost On Jeopardy", "I Love Rocky Road" and "Like A Surgeon." Hope that makes more sense.
Old 10-02-15, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

WOW how the hell did you score that???

They always send me shit like that. Just got home and the totals were about $10 each way, so that was cool. I hate driving through rush traffic on Wilshire in Koreatown - it's a clusterfuck, so Lyfting was worth it.
Old 10-02-15, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Just got back from the Tove Lo show at the Wiltern. Wow, what a sexy broad. She even flashed her tits during a song. Had a great time.

Next show is on the 9th and that will be The Darkness at the Glass House in Pomona.
Old 10-02-15, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got back from the Tove Lo show at the Wiltern. Wow, what a sexy broad. She even flashed her tits during a song. Had a great time.

Next show is on the 9th and that will be The Darkness at the Glass House in Pomona.
Hook me up with the Lyft discounts lol. Wish Uber did that (wish they also had Carpool in the OC).

And yeah she always does that during Talking Bodies. You know it is coming. She flashed both breasts at the Anaheim show. Filmed the entire song. Makes the crowd go wild and she is very sexual and free. Love it.
Old 10-02-15, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Makes the crowd go wild and she is very sexual and free. Love it.
Must be European ?
Old 10-02-15, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got tickets to one of the Phish New Year's Eve shows at Madison Square Garden.
Old 10-02-15, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
Must be European ?

Swedish.
Old 10-02-15, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Swedish.
Ah!
Old 10-03-15, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats @ the Observatory

Imagine Sabbath-y sounds with harmonic vocals and more of a horror aesthetic.
Old 10-03-15, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by islandclaws
Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats @ the Observatory

Imagine Sabbath-y sounds with harmonic vocals and more of a horror aesthetic.
Damn wish I knew about this..
Old 10-04-15, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kraftwerk 3-D in Boston last night. Incredibly cool show!!
Old 10-04-15, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ky-Fi
Kraftwerk 3-D in Boston last night. Incredibly cool show!!
Seeing them tomorrow night in Detroit. What time did they go on and how long did they play? I'm excited!! Haven't seen them since Coachella in 2004.
Old 10-04-15, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by auto
Seeing them tomorrow night in Detroit. What time did they go on and how long did they play? I'm excited!! Haven't seen them since Coachella in 2004.
Start time was at 8, I think they went on about 8:10, and finished about 10:30. No intermission, and virtually no space between songs, except for the encores at the end. They sounded excellent, and the 3-D makes for a really cool experience--really like a cross between a concert and a movie. A pretty immersive experience. My highlight: "Spacelab" followed by "The Model".

Enjoy!
Old 10-04-15, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Cool, thanks man!
Old 10-04-15, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

The Vibrators @ The Bowery Electric, NYC
Old 10-06-15, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Saw Kraftwerk last night in Detroit. Amazing experience, as expected. The 3-D visuals are pretty awesome.
Old 10-06-15, 10:47 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Luna @ the 9:30 Club, and of course they didn't play my favorite song: 'Super Freaky Memories'

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.