Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

What concert did you recently attend?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

What concert did you recently attend?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-12, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: What concert did you recently attend?

The Killers. Great show in a small venue. Really good mix of new and old tracks with tremendous energy.
Old 09-24-12, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by woofman
Midtown Music Fest @ Piedmont Park - Atlanta, GA

Only stayed Friday night for Avett Brothers & headliner FOO FIGHTERS!

Foo was only able to play a 2 hour set since it was outside, but they of course still rocked. They did a old Van Halen cover (can't remember the song), brought out Joan Jett to do "Bad Reputation", also did a Tom Petty cover.

Perfect weather, well behaved crowd, great location.
How were The Avett's?
Old 09-25-12, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sauce07
I went to Colorado over the weekend and saw Umphrey's McGee pack Red Rocks on Friday and and the Boulder Theater on Saturday. Both shows were filmed for DVD's that will get released in 2 weeks. Seen these guys almost 50 times over the past decade and the Red Rocks show was one of the best.

It was also my first time at Red Rocks, my #1 bucket list venue, and it lived up to the hype. It's an absolutley stunning place to take in a concert, can't wait to go back.
Sauce, glad you liked it and knocked out something on your bucket list, there is definitely something mystical about that place.

Heading there tonight for Jason Mraz, got 6th row, best seats I've had there in a long time. Taking a friend, who's never been, depsite being born and raised here. So, I hope he has the same type experience you did. I honestly think I take for granted sometimes having one of the best venues in the world in my own back yard. Sometimes we get spoiled since so many artists love the venue. Just in the past two years I've been to shows where the artist has recorded the shows for their videos and hopefully future dvd releases.
Old 09-27-12, 10:46 PM
Cool New Member

went to Animal Collective at the Hollywood Bowl last weekend, it was amazing. great set list, beautiful stage lights, superb sound, great crowd. seeing Menomena at the Crescent Ballroom this Saturday
Old 09-28-12, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Peter Gabriel at the United Center tonight. Not as spirited as his past tours but the band sounded great and his voice is awesome. Nice to see So played in its entirety.
Old 10-02-12, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Metric last night at Tabernacle w/ Half Moon Run (Atlanta , GA) - very cool seeing them open up with Artificial Nocturne

Very impressed with the guys from Half Moon Run, definitely would see them again.
Old 10-02-12, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

Down @ The Starland Ballroom. They were great, but no songs off of Down III, which was surprising. Both opening bands sucked.

Next, Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel @ Wellmont Theater and Nick Waterhouse @ Bowery Ballroom
Old 10-02-12, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Metric
Half Moon Run
09/29/12
Ritz Ybor

Fucking awesome show. A/V stuff was very well done, sounded great, tickets were relatively cheap, couldn't be happier. This started off my 5 shows in 25 days orgy.
Old 10-07-12, 12:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

David Byrne and St. Vincent last night at the Hobby Center. Had a great time and loved the fun they were having on stage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz3nIlHjvEc

Tonight: Washed Out at Fitzgeralds
Old 10-10-12, 01:16 PM

Godspeed You! Black Emperor melted my mind last night in Austin.
Old 10-10-12, 02:18 PM

Radiohead, 8+9 october O2 Arena London.

Coming up: Radiohead Sportpaleis (Antwerpen) + Ziggo Dome (Amsterdam) and Slash Ab (Brussel)
Old 10-10-12, 04:46 PM

Jason Mraz X 3, Black Keys.
4 shows in one week. Gotta love it!!
Old 10-11-12, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Pearl Jam a couple of weeks ago in San Francisco. Free gig, free beer, free transport. Can't go wrong.
Old 10-11-12, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jay-Z at Barclay's Center in Brooklyn
Old 10-13-12, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Saw Steve Vai last night at the Grove in Anaheim. Great venue. Not a bad seat anywhere in the house. Sound mix was very good as well. I'll be at this same venue in a couple of weeks to see Adam Ant. Very excited about that one. Hope he can still put on a decent show.
Old 10-13-12, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Silversun Pickups a couple hours ago at 9:30 Club in DC, great show!
Old 10-13-12, 10:51 AM

Acl day 1 yesterday: Ben Howard was really good. Had never heard of him but ill be sure to check out his album soon. Tegan and Sara, not too shabby. Caught Weezer for a few songs, first time seeing them live, wish I could have seen the whole set but Florence and the Machine were on 15 min after they started. Flo was amazing. What a great performer. M83 rocked it. Great setlist. The Black Keys to close and they did not disappoint.
Old 10-13-12, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jippy
Saw Steve Vai last night at the Grove in Anaheim. Great venue. Not a bad seat anywhere in the house. Sound mix was very good as well. I'll be at this same venue in a couple of weeks to see Adam Ant. Very excited about that one. Hope he can still put on a decent show.
One of my friends saw Adam Ant a couple weeks ago and said it was amazing.
Old 10-14-12, 05:54 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Last Wednesday. Still great after all these years.

Spoiler:

Old 10-15-12, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Journey
Pat Benatar
Loverboy
10/12/2012
1-800-Ask-Gary Amphitheatre

Band of Horses
Floating Action
10/14/2012
Ritz Ybor

Old 10-15-12, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 208 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Last Wednesday. Still great after all these years.

Spoiler:

Great pics. I keep missing them this tour, every time they have played SoCal I'm out of town.
Old 10-15-12, 12:46 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by EEz28
Acl day 1 yesterday: Ben Howard was really good. Had never heard of him but ill be sure to check out his album soon. Tegan and Sara, not too shabby. Caught Weezer for a few songs, first time seeing them live, wish I could have seen the whole set but Florence and the Machine were on 15 min after they started. Flo was amazing. What a great performer. M83 rocked it. Great setlist. The Black Keys to close and they did not disappoint.
I watched most of what I wanted to see through their streaming setup. It worked ok most of the time but there were some times when a stream wasn't working right.

Tegan and Sara were great and I agree on Florence + the Machine. She has such a stage presence and it captivated the audience. They gave an amazing performance. Caught a few artists that I hadn't heard before that I plan on checking out their cds to get a better feel for them. I would have loved to been there in person. I don't think there really is an equivalent festival anywhere near the Midwest/Detroit area.
Old 10-15-12, 03:37 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Starting next year, ACL Fest will take place over 2 weekends. Details are light, but people that bought tickets for this year will more than likely get an email within the next 2 weeks explaining more.
Old 10-15-12, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Quake1028
How were The Avett's?
Excellent!
Old 10-16-12, 01:18 PM

10/13 ACL day 2: Started with Bombay Bicycle Club. Didn't really dig their live set as much as the album. My friend was blasting the album the entire morning as she was getting ready and having never heard them before I was liking it which made me excited to see them live but it was a disappointment. Heard Rufus Wainwright from afar. I only know one song from him (April Fools) which he did play so that was nice to hear. Caught 30 minutes of Metric which totally rocked it. Even with thousands of people in front of me, the sight of her legs are still amazing. I left early to catch Michael Kiwanuka. I've read a lot about this guy and he has been playing all the festivals this year. What a great voice. This guy is definitely one to watch for. Next was Kishi Bashi, really enjoy this guys music. Saw him 2 months ago at a small club and it was great to see him play this fest for a lot of people who had never heard of him. Overhearing the crowd after the show he definitely made a lot of new fans. Ended the day with Jack White. Holy crap that was great. Loved hearing his solo stuff mixed with White Stripes material.

10/14 ACL day 3: I'll keep this one short. Kimbra - not bad. Gary Clark Jr - This mofo can rock out a guitar! Has been called Eric Clapton's favorite guitarist and there is no question why. What a great show. Two Door Cinema Club - seen them 3 times prior and they still get you moving every time. Iggy and the Stooges - My favorite show of the weekend. Iggy is a wild animal who ate the stage, shit it out, and then threw it at us. Was cool to see Flea and Anthony Kiedis watching from the sidelines. Crystal Castles gave me a seizure in a good way. Only watched an hour of Red Hot Chili Peppers. It was great and I wish I could have seen it all but it was time to drive the 2 hours home.

Last Night: Metric at House of Blues. Another reason I didn't mind leaving their ACL set early.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.