Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Brady Bunch Complete Series 3/27/07

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-07, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe this will light a fire to get that stuff released separately. Oh, MARSHA, MARSHA, MARSHA indeed!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3291112.shtml

(CBS) A new book by Maureen McCormick, who played Marsha on the "Brady Bunch," reportedly drops bombs about the classic sitcom, including a lesbian affair between Marsha and Jan.

According to the New York Post, McCormick is going to reveal that she had an affair with her TV sister, Jan, played by actress Eve Plumb in "Here's the Story." The book is scheduled to come out in 2008.
Old 09-24-07, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Incest!?!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UJ_VlrkbVTA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UJ_VlrkbVTA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 09-24-07, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A new book by Maureen McCormick, who played Marsha on the "Brady Bunch," reportedly drops bombs about the classic sitcom, including a lesbian affair between Marsha and Jan.

No wonder Greg never got her to go 'all the way'.
Old 09-24-07, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
A new book by Maureen McCormick, who played Marsha on the "Brady Bunch," reportedly drops bombs about the classic sitcom, including a lesbian affair between Marsha and Jan.

No wonder Greg never got her to go 'all the way'.
That's why the complete set is covered in carpet. To honor the two older carpet munching sisters.
Old 09-25-07, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Hey Cindy, go play with Kitty Carry-All downstairs. Jan and I have some "studying" to do."

The "incest" thing between Marcia and Greg was a main plot point of A Very Brady Sequel ("Four...Four...Four" ), but this development would be much more interesting . Jan had become quite the hottie in the last season, though not up to Marsha level.

Annyway, I ended up picking up the complete set as well, since I doubt we'll see those other shows released separately.
Old 09-25-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

NO! That has to be a lie! I can't believe that there would be any hint of such things in the Brady household! Next thing you will try to tell me that Mike Brady was actually gay too!
Old 09-25-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hehe, wait till we find out what really happened to Tiger!
Old 09-25-07, 12:50 PM

Marcia and Jan? Well, that's two thirds of the ultimate Brady fantasy.
Old 09-25-07, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wonder whatever happened to Peter Brady?

Old 09-25-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Upper pylon 3
Marcia and Jan? Well, that's two thirds of the ultimate Brady fantasy.
So who's the last third? Cindy, Carol or Alice
Old 09-25-07, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ianholm
Sam the butcher?
Old 09-26-07, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by ianholm
Cindy of course.

Keep in mind that this fantasy is Brady Brides era Brady girls when that are all over 18. Don't want everyone to think i'm a perv.
Old 09-26-07, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sure

Publisher denies Marcia/Jan lesbian relationship. Dammit

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/te...22183109990001

ABC News
Posted: 2007-09-23 09:47:34
Filed Under: Celebrity News, TV News
(Sept. 23) - The book publisher for Maureen McCormick, who played Marcia Brady on the 1970s sitcom "The Brady Bunch," is shooting down rumors that she had a lesbian on-set affair with co-star Eve Plumb, who played her younger sister Jan.

The story of the alleged lesbian affair started circulating the Internet Friday, and was picked up by at least one newspaper on Saturday.

Photo Gallery: Here's the Story
Everett Collection Maureen McCormick, right, as Marcia on 'The Brady Bunch,' has a tell-all book due next year, 'Here's the Story.' The publisher is denying rumors that in it she reveals an on-set romance with TV sister Eve Plumb, left, who played Jan.

1 of 4
The reported source of the story was McCormick herself in her new tell-all book, "Here's the Story," slated to come out next year.

But the book's publisher said, though there are plenty of other revelations in the book, a lesbian affair is not one of them.

"We are verifying that it is not true," said Debbie Styer, senior vice president of group publicity at William Morrow, the book's publisher. "The real story of what happened in [McCormick's] life and behind the scenes of the show will all come out when the book comes out."

It should no longer be a revelation to fans of the show that life behind the scenes was not as wholesome as the scripted half-hour plots.

Barry Williams, who played oldest brother Greg Brady, revealed in his 1992 autobiography, "Growing Up Brady," that he had been romantically involved with both his TV mom Florence Henderson and with McCormick.

But, according to a press release, there is still more dirt to dish.

McCormick describes being put in "dangerous situations" and being "exploited." She also discusses struggles with eating disorders, drug addiction and depression.

"Though I may never completely win this battle," she writes, "I will never lose. & I have arrived, for the moment at least, in a solid and secure place, which is allowing me to visit my past without fear. Writing this book has been such a cathartic experience. I hope it will not only shed light on who I am and how I got here, but more importantly, remind the readers that there truly is a light at the end of any tunnel."

McCormick is 51 years old, married, and living in Southern California.

Copyright 2007 ABCNEWS.com
Old 01-24-15, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts
Re: Brady Bunch Complete Series 3/27/07

A new version without the shag carpet comes out on April 7, 2015

Available for the first time in new, slim, shelf-friendly packaging
Experience all the chaos and laughter of The Brady Bunch with this 117-episode collection!

In 2007, Paramount released a collectible "Complete Series" edition set of The Brady Bunch, with the same 20 DVDs found in the individual season sets, plus a 21st DVD...a bonus disc with the TV movie "A Very Brady Christmas," the 1990 pilot telefilm "The Brady 500," and episodes from the 1972 animated series "The Brady Kids." All of this came in a package covered in 70s-style green shag carpet, similar to what you saw in Mike and Carol's home.

Fans who missed out on getting that package, or the separate season sets, will be glad to know that Paramount Home Entertainment is bringing back a new "standard" edition (unlimited) package of The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series on DVD. This April 7th re-release will be in regular (and shelf-friendly!) packaging, which is shown below and sports a "denim jeans" on the new cover. It will come with 20 DVDs this time, skipping the bonus disc which was enclosed last time.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bra...e-Series/20655

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 01-24-15, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Wish they would release the bonus discs by themselves- I bought every season as it came out- pissed that they expect me to re-buy the whole thing just for the bonus stuff!
Old 01-24-15, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

I hope this new set drops to below $40