Cheap DVD player recommendations?
My brother and I are thinking about getting our parents a DVD player and a gift sub to Netflix for Christmas.
Looking for recommendations on 'cheap' [ie, inexpensive] DVD players.
* Easy to hook up.
* Perhaps having a coax hookup [don't know if any have this] [I don't know if their tv has the RCA yellow/red/white jacks, I can get my brother to check, or, they make adapters for that, don't they?]
* Easy to setup.
* Easy to use.
* Userfriendly remote.
* Doesn't have to be progressive scan [they probably will never get a digital tv.]
* CD-R compatible.
* JPEG on CD-R compatible
* Good quality
* Less than, say, 60 bucks
* Any other features that you think would be good for non-cinephiles/hometheaterphiles, to make their renting of DVD's better.
* Good picture/built in sound [their tv is, i think 29" inches or so.]
* One of those 'virtual surround' features.
They probably won't buy any dvd's, unless we give them to them, but they will be renting a lot, from Blockbuster and from Netflix.
The JPEG on CDR would be a nice bonus, because I take a lot of pictures of their only grandson on a digital camera, and burn to CDR and send to them. They currently look at them on their computer, but I thought having this accessibility would be nice.
Thanks for any tips; I'll go browse the websites, but let me know of any brands/models to look for/avoid.