Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Big Lots Part 11 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 11 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-17, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 11 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

my wife likes the brand of crystalized ginger they carry
[silence]

Can

You

Smoke

It?
Old 07-16-17, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
This thread title is actually generic as "finds"... So actually it covers all items...

And my wife likes the brand of crystalized ginger they carry. I'm excited any time I find Popcorn Indiana with Pink Himalayan Sea Salt. We used quite a many coupons and promotions stocking up on those items...
Is wish "my" stores had the Ginger! It's not easy to find. What's the price?
Old 07-16-17, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Is wish "my" stores had the Ginger! It's not easy to find. What's the price?
I think it is $2.50 per bag. Then when there is a coupon, we stock up.
Old 07-20-17, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

It killed me when Big Lots stopped carrying CD jewel cases in the last year. They were one of the last retail sources for them.
Old 07-20-17, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It killed me when Big Lots stopped carrying CD jewel cases in the last year. They were one of the last retail sources for them.
I think they still have those at our newest location in Niles, IL last i checked.
Old 07-20-17, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by b2net
I think it is $2.50 per bag. Then when there is a coupon, we stock up.
Is it stocked with the plastic bottled spices, or elsewhere?
Old 07-21-17, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Is it stocked with the plastic bottled spices, or elsewhere?
At our 2 locations, we find it with the snacks. Near other stuff like Craisins.
Old 07-22-17, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnIan
If you can wait until July 23rd.

Target will have a Sunbeam, 0.9 cubic feet microwave for $49.99 was $64.99
I checked out the Sunbeam microwave. Some customers have reported the Sunbeam to either turn on by itself or add time to the cooking cycle which poses a significant safety issue. It had a 2 out of 5 star rating which puts it in the dumper for me. The Hamilton Beach microwave oven had a 5 out of 5 star rating with many reviewers say this is the best microwave they have ever owned and this is probably what makes it the best selling and most highly rated compact microwave on Amazon.
Old 07-23-17, 02:35 AM

So like Sunbeam in your kitchen?

Random and potentially hazardous.
Old 07-25-17, 01:02 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

The TCM Classic 4 film sets that turned up last year and again recently were probably dumped at Big Lots because Warner has re released the sets in a new brand called "Screen Icons" in new packaging. Unfortunately if Amazon's description is accurate they have gone back to 2 discs for 4 films, possibly flippers. I haven't bought any of the new sets so i can't say for sure. Point is if you see the TCM sets at Big Lot, grab them as they may be going OP and replaced with "Screen Icons" 2 disc sets.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...=homethea02-20
Old 07-25-17, 09:19 PM

The TCM Classic 4 film sets that turned up last year and again recently were probably dumped at Big Lots
Would like to know what kind of cases those are; transparent or the usual? I'm in need of good (not eco) clear, two disc cases.
Old 08-05-17, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Wow, the regular, full sized ones? Man, I haven't seen any of those at the Big Lots around Atlanta in , 4-5 years!

by the by, I have only made it to my local one, but they had an oddity, the Fox Will Rogers Collection, Vol 1, for $9.99, which I grabbed (only one) just seemed weird since everything else was WB.

I am guessing no one else has found anything like this?

I would normally hit all the stores nearby, but the 2nd closest has been close for a year or so, and nothing I have seen of late is something I can turn around and sell (of course couldn't even sell the Will Rogers set on Amazon since it once retailed for more than $25.99-plus they seem to want to rid themselves of ALL re-sellers that aren't mega companies anyways )
Old 08-05-17, 02:47 PM

I went by Big Lots the other day (east Tx), and found they had some Blu Rays for $10. I picked up Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but they also had Zootopia, The Jungle Book, Inside Out, among some others. These are the ones that include the Blu Ray, a regular DVD, and the download on them, plus with The Force Awakens an extra bonus DVD of specials.

As far as jewel cases, Walmart used to handle them, I haven't looked lately, but also pawn shops sell cheap CDs for around fifty cents to a dollar these days, which is still pretty cheap I guess if you just want the case. I don't know what you were paying for them.
Old 08-05-17, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by berigan
by the by, I have only made it to my local one, but they had an oddity, the Fox Will Rogers Collection, Vol 1, for $9.99, which I grabbed (only one) just seemed weird since everything else was WB.

The store here had a single copy of that one - which I snagged but didn't mention. Based on that and your comment it sounds like it was a one-per-store type thing. I know I got the copy I saw right after that display was put out as it was still full.
Old 08-06-17, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by berigan
Wow, the regular, full sized ones? Man, I haven't seen any of those at the Big Lots around Atlanta in , 4-5 years!

I would normally hit all the stores nearby, but the 2nd closest has been close for a year or so, and nothing I have seen of late is something I can turn around and sell (of course couldn't even sell the Will Rogers set on Amazon since it once retailed for more than $25.99-plus they seem to want to rid themselves of ALL re-sellers that aren't mega companies anyways )
I've seen 1 copy in a couple stores at $8.99. Both volumes of the Rogers box had blow out pricing (I don't remember the exact price) on either Amazon or Fox a couple years ago. I bought both at the time; still haven't opened vol 2!
Old 08-06-17, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've got a $5 off $15 that expires tomorrow. Not sure if that means expires end of day or at closing tonight. I'm going to try to motivate myself to get out of the house tomorrow; At 33% off I should be able to find $15 worth of something.
Old 08-06-17, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I went to the 72nd st Tacoma Wa store to use my coupon.

I don't know if this will be the case anywhere else; but they had a fairly full display with the standard junk.

While trying to find $15 to spend, I went to the Electronics section which is almost empty. On one of the shelves was a small box with 1 Will Rogers box, the 4 film TCM/Warner & Fox Collections & a bit of junk to totally fill the small box.

I bought 1 Fox 4 film; the one with the remake of Anna Karenina.

Worth checking the electronics section for those looking for these titles. In addition to the Rogers, they also had 1 copy of the Stanwyck 4 film TCM (I already own them all).
Old 08-07-17, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Periodically, BL discounts older DVD's by price ticket color code. I believe some stores even post a chart with the prices, i.e. "brown is now 50% off". I can search back through this thread and try to make some inferences, but has anybody figured out a pattern to the markdown? I'm curious when the next one might occur.
Old 08-07-17, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

I went to the 72nd st Tacoma Wa store to use my coupon.

I don't know if this will be the case anywhere else; but they had a fairly full display with the standard junk.

While trying to find $15 to spend, I went to the Electronics section which is almost empty. On one of the shelves was a small box with 1 Will Rogers box, the 4 film TCM/Warner & Fox Collections & a bit of junk to totally fill the small box.

I bought 1 Fox 4 film; the one with the remake of Anna Karenina.

Worth checking the electronics section for those looking for these titles. In addition to the Rogers, they also had 1 copy of the Stanwyck 4 film TCM (I already own them all).
That's an exact description of the small "box" display I found at the store here. 1 Will Rogers set, a couple of Warner Western Classics set, a few 4 film sets and random titles, many of which have been seen at BL for over a year. The one I found was on a bottom shelf of one of the 4-sided display racks this store has up front, close to the registers.
Old 08-13-17, 09:00 PM

A new cardboard display rack; $3.00 to $5.00 titles.

Today saw...

"The Fly II" two disc special editon; "East Of Eden" two disc edition with the new cover; "Day Of The Dead" Shout Factory's special edition; "Point Pleasant: The Complete Series" three bucks; ""Resident Evil: Retribution" among others.
Old 08-14-17, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnIan
A new cardboard display rack; $3.00 to $5.00 titles.

Today saw...

"The Fly II" two disc special editon; "East Of Eden" two disc edition with the new cover; "Day Of The Dead" Shout Factory's special edition; "Point Pleasant: The Complete Series" three bucks; ""Resident Evil: Retribution" among others.
Lol, how many copies of The Fly 2 special edition did they make? I bought this at BL years ago. Does have an interesting commentary with the director and the one Fly 2 super fan.
Old 08-23-17, 03:56 PM

I found a copy of the Preston Sturges movie CHRISTMAS IN JULY marked down to $2.50. Nice!
Old 08-23-17, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

My Big Lots are terrible. They get nothing ever.
Old 08-23-17, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ReelFlick
I found a copy of the Preston Sturges movie CHRISTMAS IN JULY marked down to $2.50. Nice!
A hell of a deal and an awesome movie to boot starring Dick Powell. ENJOY!
Old 08-27-17, 07:19 PM

Visited a BL yesterday and was greeted by this sign:

They've added yellow-tagged items to previously discounted tags (brown, etc.) and many disks you see on the shelf fall in that category. Nothing grabbed my eye, but YMMV.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.