Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-09, 12:36 PM
Defunct Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by cgray
I'm not getting it to show up today, but I remember seeing it on the front page yesterday. So... I think for other people looking to get it, the deal is over.
Opps. I saw it early this morning and assumed it was good for the 24th. I just checked and the deal is over. Sorry about that.
Old 11-24-09, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Oh dammit! Wish I would have seen it yesterday. I saw your post and went on there today and was very disappointed.
Old 11-25-09, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed Bing is now offering 14% cashback at B&N. I wonder if they will go higher on Black Friday.
Old 11-25-09, 04:39 PM

Just wondering if people have had any problems getting the Bing cashback when using a coupon at B&N? I have been using the triple points link at Best Buy's rewardzone instead as there aren't any stipulations about combining that with coupons.
Old 11-25-09, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mlister
Just wondering if people have had any problems getting the Bing cashback when using a coupon at B&N? I have been using the triple points link at Best Buy's rewardzone instead as there aren't any stipulations about combining that with coupons.
You should receive cashback at Bing using coupons, but I will admit there have been some problems in the past. A few months ago I had about 7 orders using coupons through Bing I failed to receive cashback on. These were on orders placed during June through August. However when I contacted customer service I was able to recover all my missing cashback. I'm not sure what was going on during those months but it seemed I couldn't get cashback from any website I made a purchase through for B&N.com, but since October I have had no further problems with Bing.
Old 11-26-09, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A question: The free holiday shipping for members on orders over $10. Does that mean after all discounts are taken?
Example: Vicky Cristina Barcelona BluRay lists for $29.99 has an online price of $11.99 and is $10.79 after members 10% off. I'd like to use one of the additional 15% off codes that are available but...it will drop below $10. I saw it instore and it was 50% off, or $14.99.
Old 11-26-09, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

how to cancel membership? can i do it online or should i go to the store?
Old 11-26-09, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
A question: The free holiday shipping for members on orders over $10. Does that mean after all discounts are taken?
Example: Vicky Cristina Barcelona BluRay lists for $29.99 has an online price of $11.99 and is $10.79 after members 10% off. I'd like to use one of the additional 15% off codes that are available but...it will drop below $10. I saw it instore and it was 50% off, or $14.99.
I just did a quick test with the DVD title mentioned and it appears adding a coupon will generate a shipping charge since it drops the total to nearly $9. You could order it using either military.com or Visa links on the first page to still get free shipping with your members discount and coupon.

Originally Posted by newginafets
how to cancel membership? can i do it online or should i go to the store?
This should answer your question.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/member...ds2Pid=18046#8
Old 11-26-09, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
You could order it using either military.com or Visa links on the first page to still get free shipping with your members discount and coupon.
Yup... I ordered an $8 Blu-ray (after coupon) by itself the other day by following the Visa link and got free shipping. If you are a member it gives you the 10% off rather than the Visa 5% discount but still provides free standard or expedited delivery... good deal.

Last edited by DVD Guy ATL; 11-26-09 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-26-09, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is there any way to use a gift card as a payment on the MasterCard 25% off one book coupon?
Old 11-26-09, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen
Is there any way to use a gift card as a payment on the MasterCard 25% off one book coupon?
I read the fine print on the coupon and it says a Mastercard must be used for the entire transaction for the discount to be applied. Doesn't appear you can use a giftcard for partial payment even if combined with a Mastercard for the remaining portion. Were you planning on using the in store or online coupon? If it was an in store purchase you may find an employee willing to bend the rules.
Old 11-26-09, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I read the fine print on the coupon and it says a Mastercard must be used for the entire transaction for the discount to be applied. Doesn't appear you can use a giftcard for partial payment even if combined with a Mastercard for the remaining portion. Were you planning on using the in store or online coupon? If it was an in store purchase you may find an employee willing to bend the rules.
I wanted to use it online, sounds like it won't work. That's too bad. If anyone can get it to work with a gift card, please post here.
Old 11-27-09, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just did a quick test with the DVD title mentioned and it appears adding a coupon will generate a shipping charge since it drops the total to nearly $9. You could order it using either military.com or Visa links on the first page to still get free shipping with your members discount and coupon.
Thanks, did it this way and got it delivered for $9.17+ 0.81 tax= $9.98.
Old 11-27-09, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I havent tried this particular coupon yet but usually if the MC is listed as your payment method first then you CAN apply a gift card even for the full amount. But you need to have a valid MC number listed...
Old 11-28-09, 04:37 PM
Cool New Member

I guess the 50% off Criterion sale is over?
Old 11-30-09, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FWIW: The 40% and 25% off coupons were marked "expired" by 3:05am EST today, within 5 minutes of the time they were posted. IIRC there used to be a bit of a buffer for things like web browser crashes and whatnot--not this time. I got my main membership order in by 2:49, but couldn't get another membership ready before the cutoff.
Old 11-30-09, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also, has anyone recently tested (or otherwise divined) what the limitations are WRT buying gift cards with gift certificates?

One reason is to take advantage of that $10 bonus card with $100 in purchase coupon (which has been extended to Dec 7). But another is that it would be handy to convert the group of $25 cards I purchased to larger denominations for me (given the recent limit of 3 cards per transaction for online orders), and different denominations for holiday gift recipients. TIA.
Old 11-30-09, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Annoyingly, the cyber monday 50% off book bestsellers actually works against paying members in favor of creating brand new accounts. That's because there's still a 20% off coupon code for new accounts, but only 15% for current members, AND there's no member discount on these books.

So to get the best deal, members need to ignore their accounts and create a separate new one for bestseller books that will total $25 after the 20% off deal and thereby get free shipping.

Last edited by drh4; 11-30-09 at 03:44 AM.
Old 11-30-09, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I misread the 25% off books coupon, I thought it ended 2:59 PM not AM. How common is this coupon from B&N? Will we see it again soon?
Old 11-30-09, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I misread the 25% off books coupon, I thought it ended 2:59 PM not AM. How common is this coupon from B&N? Will we see it again soon?
That's more or less the standard expiration time for online coupons.

These types of books coupons are seasonal and not very common. In the past B&N issued a few before and after Christmas. Last year I think they only had one before Christmas and that was it.
Old 11-30-09, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Latest B&N sale is 50% off HBO titles.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/holida...&cds2Pid=32268
Old 12-02-09, 10:02 AM

There seems to be a problem again with the Bing cashback. I place two seperate B & N orders through Bing over the weekend. Both shipped and neither were recognized or credited by Bing.
Old 12-02-09, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This should answer your question.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/member...ds2Pid=18046#8
anyone try canceling their membership?...the number is constantly busy a big retailer like this should not have a busy signal like this ...it sounds like the phone is off the hook!
Old 12-02-09, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Finally got thru ..BUT....it's not really the real number just a menu of options you need to speak with an agent to transfer you to the right department to cancel.
Old 12-02-09, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake
Finally got thru ..BUT....it's not really the real number just a menu of options you need to speak with an agent to transfer you to the right department to cancel.
That's a miracle! I have NEVER gotten through on their support line. By far the worst CS I've ever seen. The fact that it doesn't allow you to continue to wait, but hangs up on you after 3 'attempts' is infuriating.

Clearly the $25 membership fee does not go toward improving CS.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.