Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-15, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

IST's Marvel and DC sales are still live today, including the one being advertised as lasting through 12/31.
Old 01-04-15, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
How often does B&N have a Marvel B2G1? I want to get the X-Men Epic that comes out on Jan 6, but the B2G1 only goes through Jan 8, and I doubt there will be any coupons active in that time
I think that the B2G1 is only once per year, though I'm not 100% sure on that.

But the good news is that you're mistaken about the coupons. Someone posted a 15% off here: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/12351783-post10871.html

Separately, I have a 20% off non-member coupon, also good until March 1st, but I'm waiting for B&N to credit my gc first, and then I'll use the code and see if it's one use only, or multiple uses. The honored experts over in that thread believe it's likely to be generic, but I just want to make sure it is before giving it out. Will definitely have it figured out before the sale's over though.
Old 01-05-15, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Yea, I keep up to date in that thread and now see there will be a 20% off coupon to use, that makes me happy! Now I just have to figure out a third thing to get with the X-Men and Captain America epics...
Old 01-05-15, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sounds good. Best of luck with finding a third item. That's definitely never my problem (which is too much stuff never enough money).
Old 01-06-15, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash
I think that the B2G1 is only once per year, though I'm not 100% sure on that.

But the good news is that you're mistaken about the coupons. Someone posted a 15% off here: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/12351783-post10871.html

Separately, I have a 20% off non-member coupon, also good until March 1st, but I'm waiting for B&N to credit my gc first, and then I'll use the code and see if it's one use only, or multiple uses. The honored experts over in that thread believe it's likely to be generic, but I just want to make sure it is before giving it out. Will definitely have it figured out before the sale's over though.
Be very careful, Barnes & Noble has a nasty habit of cancelling the free third book for larger orders in that sale, after one or two items have already shipped out. It happened to me this Christmas and I won't use them ever again.
Old 01-07-15, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Be very careful, Barnes & Noble has a nasty habit of cancelling the free third book for larger orders in that sale, after one or two items have already shipped out. It happened to me this Christmas and I won't use them ever again.
Thanks, and I'm definitely sorry to hear that that happened to you, my sympathies.

Personally I've ordered twice from them so far and not had that happen yet. The last time I even went to exchange Starman Omnibus 6 (which I'd used a coupon on), and the store almost insisted on a refund only, which would have turned the other two into a Buy 1 Get 1 free. I guess that it can really depend, but I'll be wary.
Old 01-07-15, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash
Sounds good. Best of luck with finding a third item. That's definitely never my problem (which is too much stuff never enough money).
My problem wasn't so much that I didn't have things to buy, but finding one with a similar price to the other two (ended up getting Spider-Man by Mark Millar). This is my second B2G1 order, first one came through no problem (Iron Man, FF and Thor Epics) and this one already shipped! Sorry to those that had issues with their orders, but looks like I lucked out.
Old 01-08-15, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by joltman
My problem wasn't so much that I didn't have things to buy, but finding one with a similar price to the other two (ended up getting Spider-Man by Mark Millar). This is my second B2G1 order, first one came through no problem (Iron Man, FF and Thor Epics) and this one already shipped! Sorry to those that had issues with their orders, but looks like I lucked out.
I definitely can relate to that problem with the similar price. I thought I had it figured out, but was waiting for a $25 gc refund. It finally came through today, but the price for one of my items, Annotated Sandman Volume 2, jumped in price so that it's no longer worth it. Ah well. Congrats on getting in the 2 orders you wanted.
Old 01-29-15, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Image sale at IST. Good prices, but random selection--no Invincible, some sporadic Walking Dead and Savage Dragon volumes, etc. A total of 167 titles, though, so there might be something of interest.
Old 01-29-15, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidh777
Image sale at IST. Good prices, but random selection--no Invincible, some sporadic Walking Dead and Savage Dragon volumes, etc. A total of 167 titles, though, so there might be something of interest.
Yeah, I looked it over. Actually, I hadn't yet picked up v.4 of Thief of Thieves, so this was the perfect opportunity to do so. That's really the only item there that I was motivated to get. But it's a good opportunity for anyone who may have been waiting to check out some of the titles available. There are some good deals to be had in the sale.
Old 01-30-15, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

If you're a fan of old treasury editions, the Giant-Sized Kung Fu Bible Stories book is pretty awesome.
Old 01-30-15, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Super X
Yeah, I looked it over. Actually, I hadn't yet picked up v.4 of Thief of Thieves, so this was the perfect opportunity to do so. That's really the only item there that I was motivated to get. But it's a good opportunity for anyone who may have been waiting to check out some of the titles available. There are some good deals to be had in the sale.
It's kind of funny that you mention that one because I'm a Kirkman fan and just ran across that series so I made a mental note to check it out sometime. Then I saw this sale, and only vol. 4 is in it. (And it appears that Kirkman had left by that time.)

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
If you're a fan of old treasury editions, the Giant-Sized Kung Fu Bible Stories book is pretty awesome.
I saw that one in my LCBS and was really amused by the cover. I guess I'll have to take a look at some point.
Old 01-30-15, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777
It's kind of funny that you mention that one because I'm a Kirkman fan and just ran across that series so I made a mental note to check it out sometime. Then I saw this sale, and only vol. 4 is in it. (And it appears that Kirkman had left by that time.)
Kirkman operates it like television shows which have regular writing staffs. He basically is the showrunner, with a stable of other writers working on individual story arcs.
Old 02-02-15, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Super X
Kirkman operates it like television shows which have regular writing staffs. He basically is the showrunner, with a stable of other writers working on individual story arcs.
Thanks! I obviously know nothing about the series.
Old 02-03-15, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

New IDW sale at IST. It doesn't have many of the classic comic strips that I associate with IDW, but there's some Archie, Berkeley Breathed, and others. Corto Maltese is an interesting Italian book that's been recommended to me based on Amazon purchases. But this is supposedly sale #1 of 2 so I might skip this round and see what's next.
Old 02-04-15, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Uncanny Avengers Omnibus for half off at $49.99 on InstockTrades. It does miss the free shipping minimum, how sneaky.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...R-ED/DEC140955

In the wake of Professor X's death, Captain America creates a new Avengers unit comprised of Avengers and X-Men.

Is this actually any good, I haven't read it?
Old 02-17-15, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

IST has brought back the 45% off Marvel and DC sale. I like this because it gives a lot of options for filling out an order of non-Marvel or -DC titles to hit the free-shipping threshold. I may take another look at the IDW sale, for example.
Old 02-24-15, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

IST has rolled out the second part of their IDW sale, though interestingly the first part is still live. Again, they don't have a lot of classics but a lot of licensed properties like Star Trek, Transformers, True Blood, etc. They do have some of the recent classic Thunder Agents TBPs. I've picked up some of their archive editions but like the look of these.
Old 03-05-15, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Walmart had the graphic novels they had out over the summer for 5$ on clearance. They werent marked and rang up 5 still so i explained they were in clearance manager gave em to me for a buck a pop
Ymmv
Old 03-06-15, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I haven't seen those graphic novels in months, I thought they sold fairly well from what I could tell in stores. Especially considering they were usually stuck in the back of the store near the magazines, which almost no one visits anymore.
Old 03-07-15, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

my store has the magazine/books in the front between registers.

they got them in and within the month they were gone minus a few torn/bent up copies scattered about.

but they appeared out of no where probally a good 5 boxes of each piled up in the clearance section maybe just overstock from other stores or recently found stock.

id love for more of these as its a cheap way to read comics. I bought a few more today to bring in to work.
Old 03-07-15, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I know of no better way to introduce kids to actually reading comic books than handing them out as gifts. Marvel and DC should be blanketing the country with them as specially priced editions and donating them to children's hospitals and the like.
Old 03-08-15, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yup i work in a day program for adults with mr and used comics to encourage them / teach them to read since the stupid picture books they were using werent working. I donated a few shortboxes of books along with a few lcbs donated books.

Im always happy to see a new way to bring in readers and hope walmart continues bc the lcbs are not happy user friendly stores for the most part. Hell i love my store but wouldnt take a kid there or feel omfortable if i was a kid.
Old 03-09-15, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

30% off "All Graphic Novels" at gohastings through March with code DEATHNOTE
Old 03-27-15, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

This will be a total crapshoot and it all likelihood will just be crap, but Groupon has a deal for 20 comics for $20 or 60 for $30.

They're all from the 80s to today, which means you'll most likely get stuck with a bunch of books from 1993 that were clogging back issue bins. They will all be Marvel/DC books.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/searchl...c-60130c9238bd

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.