DVD Talk
Digital Comic Book Discussion and Deals (Comixology, etc) [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Digital Comic Book Discussion and Deals (Comixology, etc)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

fujishig
05-07-12, 05:16 PM
Thread for digital comics, discussions, thoughts, sales, etc. May not get much traffic, but I am leaning more and more towards digital and it is a big topic of debate as to whether it will one day supplant the LCBS. I personally don't think that's going to happen anytime soon, and I actually want LCBSs to stay around, but we'll see.

fujishig
05-07-12, 05:21 PM
Comixology has two sales going on right now, both ending today.

They have a JSA 101 sale with a ton of back issues of All Star Comics, All Star Squadron, Infinity Inc., Justice Society of America (1991) and John's Justice Society of America (2007). For the older issues, look out, some of them are not in color (assuming this is due to rights or something, they were originally printed in color, like Infinity Inc.). 99c each, I highly recommend the first four issues of JSA Classified featuring Power Girl's then-current origin if you like Amanda Conner art.

Marvel Mondays is a 99c Avengers sale: the first few issues of the Secret Avengers, New Avengers, and Avengers Academy along with some of the Avengers disassembled run. I've read most of these issues, and while I like Avengers Academy a bit I don't feel strongly enough to double dip.

Also, all of DC's new 52 #1s are 99c now, so a good chance to try some titles you didn't think were worth 2.99 to 3.99 at the time. These are only for those 52 number 1s, not the mini series or series that started after that initial push. I skipped out on most of them but will dip my toes in to see what the fuss was about. Any recommendations?

Viz also has a sale for 40% off any digital manga purchase today only. As their graphic novels are priced pretty low compared to print in general, this is a good deal if you like digital.
edited to add: I misread the Viz deal. It's actually only for Bakuman #1, Rasario + Vampire Season 2 vol. 1, Dragonball Z vol. 1, Death Note v. 1 and Toriko vol. 1 for 2.99 each.

madcougar
05-07-12, 05:49 PM
The minute I get a tablet... I'm going to try them out.

Spiderbite
05-07-12, 06:03 PM
I have a tablet and I love reading comics on it but I think Marvel spoiled me when they released those complete collections on dvd a few years back. You would get 400 issues for 50 bucks or less and it was legitimate. Kinda hard for me to pay even a buck an issue when you get used to that.

I think they need to do more collections like that even if it is not on dvd. I know that may be giving away the farm but at the same time I don't see the masses being very interested in paying 3 bucks for one digital comic.

Hell, you can do better when you buy giant omnibus collections than on a lot of the digital "sales" going on which is kinda silly.

I know piracy is hard to stop but at the same time, you have to give people a reason to go digital and right now the prices aren't doing that. I don't look for comic torrents but I assume they are still out there and thriving, correct?

Trevor
05-07-12, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I wish I had picked up more of those Marvel collections when I had the chance.

I doubt that my continual complaining about the price issue is going to change anything, but I doubt I'll often pay more than a dollar an issue, ever again. Years of quarter bins, fifty cent bins, and dollar bins, even to this day, make it hard to pay more than that for even a paper comic, let alone a digital only comic.

Just the other day my local shop had most of their shelves for $1 a comic. I picked up most every DC new 52 issues 1 & 2. They have been fun, but at roughly 5 minutes per book I'd be pissed if I paid more than $1.

I'd eventually buy every DC book every published for $1 a book if they were on DVD or other back-up able media.

kgrogers1979
05-07-12, 06:25 PM
I have a tablet and I love reading comics on it but I think Marvel spoiled me when they released those complete collections on dvd a few years back. You would get 400 issues for 50 bucks or less and it was legitimate. Kinda hard for me to pay even a buck an issue when you get used to that.

I wish DC would have done those GIT-Corp CD-ROMs. The offerings of old comics on Comixology are sparse at best, and it will likely never be very complete.

I know piracy is hard to stop but at the same time, you have to give people a reason to go digital and right now the prices aren't doing that. I don't look for comic torrents but I assume they are still out there and thriving, correct?

Piracy is actually thriving more now than it was before. Going digital has made it even easier for the pirates because now they don't have to take the time to scan the comics when they can just steal a digital copy. It used to be that it would take several days after release day before all the new comics were scanned and uploaded to pirate sites. Now every single one is there by midday Wednesday.

Supermallet
05-07-12, 10:52 PM
It's early days yet. I think the pricing will get better as the publishers get a better handle on these things. I don't know if all publishers are doing this, but DC is dropping the price of previous month's books when the new issue comes out. That's how I've been picking up my New 52 books, by waiting a month and getting them $1 cheaper.

Groucho
05-07-12, 10:54 PM
I'm not sure it'll get better. I've noticed some "HD" titles now sell at $2.99 an issue.

PhantomStranger
05-08-12, 03:28 AM
I've already seen discussions that new release digital comics won't ever get much cheaper than the current pricing. The companies have to pay the writer and artist and support staff. It's going to take another comic book company outside of Marvel/DC to see if there is viable support for cheaper digital comics. 99 cents is probably the magic price point, but you need a lot of readers and low overhead to hit that range.

Quake1028
05-08-12, 10:02 AM
I just recently got back into comics, and I am 100% digital, outside of some stuff (Flex Mentallo HC) that is not available digitally. I am OK paying $2.99 and $3.99 an issue. Sure, I wish they were cheaper, but they aren't and space is more of a concern to me than money. Plus, they look amazing on the iPad 3 and the ability to zoom in is a godsend as I get older and older ;).

JasonF
05-08-12, 11:26 AM
Even at 99 cents an issue, I have no real interest in digital. First of all, like Trevor noted, the price isn't that great a deal, and second of all, I like having a tangible product I can put on my shelf, read without being tied to a device, loan to friends, etc.

Now, what I would be interested in is a Netflix-style "All you can eat model." I would gladly pay $10 a month for access to Marvel's entire catalog, even if it lags the newsstands by some reasonable amount of time (say 12 months).

fujishig
05-08-12, 11:42 AM
Uh, they do have that, it's called Marvel Digital Unlimited. It's just not really accessible via ipad and is browser-only and flash based. Still highly recommended if you just want to read comics and don't mind doing it in a browser (or if you have a tablet that can run Flash in a browser... be sure to test it out before you buy a sub). They have a pretty decent collection, but obviously not everything is there. I also think they intentionally keep it incompatible with the ipad, because their comixology backissues would otherwise never sell.

I think the real reason you won't see sub-cover prices day and date is that it would kill the LCS. Sure, there are those who want/need the physical copies, but if you can get it day and date for a cheaper price than a comic store, I'd think that that would eventually pull enough customers to shut down most of the LCSs that already run on a thin profit margin.

The 99c thing has been argued time and time again, but I don't think they increase volume of sales enough to make up for the cheaper pricing, unless they somehow change their marketing strategy and get a much broader reach. Just dropping the price won't get people to start reading comics. You'll be selling to the same niche audience, perhaps a little bigger as people try it out, but at 1/3 or 1/4 the price you used to get; plus there's no turning back. I don't see it happening.

I liked the DVD rom collections too, but I wonder if that's feasible for the modern stuff. I'm guessing that they don't have to pay that much in royalties for those collections, but I'm sure that all modern day contracts include at least some royalties for digital. Plus, at the time those came out, you could really only view them in crappy pdf on a computer; now that tablets are taking off, that's a direct competitor size and portability-wise, to a comic.

As far as digital vs. physical copies: I don't know how you guys do it. I mean, I admit I collected way too much, but even going mostly trade-only a few years ago my bookshelves are filled with tpbs and hardcovers, and I still have a few boxes of floppies of the few series I had been collecting. I just have no room. I'd love a subscriber-based service because I really only want to read most comics... I've realized, much like DVDs and Blu Rays, that I don't have to own everything, even things that I like. So cheaper digital titles are perfect, because they are perpetually available, they don't take up much space, I can try things out on a whim and then get the whole collection instantly if I so choose. There are still issues; if comixology ever goes away or if they somehow lose licenses and start pulling things, I'm screwed. It already scares me that sometimes when they update and you reinstall the app, it deletes all your purchases (which you can then download again for free, but still). And I'm not paying full cover price, because even in my normal monthly shipments I never pay full cover price.

Spiderbite
05-08-12, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I wish I had picked up more of those Marvel collections when I had the chance.

I bought them all when they came out and I haven't regretted it at all, especially since I got a tablet recently. You can save them all off the disc to a hard drive and then just port them over to whatever you want to read them on. There's a really good comic reader that does pdf files for android that works especially well for comics that I use.

My son and I are going thru the Byrne FF Omnibus and since there were several issues where he came in and out, we were able to easily read those issue on the tablet. Works out great.

Uh, they do have that, it's called Marvel Digital Unlimited. It's just not really accessible via ipad and is browser-only and flash based. Still highly recommended if you just want to read comics and don't mind doing it in a browser (or if you have a tablet that can run Flash in a browser... be sure to test it out before you buy a sub).

I liked the DVD rom collections too, but I wonder if that's feasible for the modern stuff. I'm guessing that they don't have to pay that much in royalties for those collections, but I'm sure that all modern day contracts include at least some royalties for digital. Plus, at the time those came out, you could really only view them in crappy pdf on a computer; now that tablets are taking off, that's a direct competitor size and portability-wise, to a comic.

Definitely try the Marvel sub on the browser before you buy. Mine never would work correctly. Marvel did quickly refund my sub price though as I had no interest of reading comics on my laptop. They really need to come up with an app that works with the sub. That would be perfect and I would easily subscribe again for that.

I know this is a pipe dream but in my perfect comic world, you could go to your LCS and mix and match so many issues on a disc for a reasonable price. They would have the access, it would be legal, but you would still need to obtain it from them directly. That would be a way to still keep the LCS in the mix but comics companies would make much more by cutting out the middle man. Still, that shows I am an old man thinking like that. It is still physical media and everything is going away from that. And why go to the LCS when you get just get it off the internet directly? So...dumb idea but I still like it.

Just think if you could go in and get all of Marvel & DC and any other titles you want for the entire month of May all on one disc. Yeah, you can do it now but it is either way over-priced legitimately or you are possibly stealing if you go the other route.

And speaking of the other route...thinking about this got me curious about torrents and the such. I never have been involved or used them at all and visiting some of the sites that discuss this stuff, I feel even older and/or dumber than I am. It's like they are speaking a second language on how to access this stuff or get invites to these "private trackers."

I don't have a problem downloading stuff if it is out of print and you can't buy it new. I just don't know if it is worth all the time and effort.

fujishig
05-08-12, 03:53 PM
Diamond is kinda trying to do your old-man idea... not with physical media, but with people buying digital at comic stores (Comixology/DC also has an affiliate program). I don't see it happening, for a variety of reasons, the main one being that you're basically selling a competitor to your clientele. It's like Barnes and Noble selling Kindles, it would be very foolish.

The problem with physical media (assuming you can't just port it over to your hard disk when you get home) is that it's still not as convenient as digital because you have to go dig up the disc every time you want to read an issue. So if you want to read a series sequentially, you'll have to have a disc a week or whatever. And if you can port it to your computer, well, that's where DRM comes in.

Spiderbite
05-08-12, 05:38 PM
That's the awesome thing about the gitcorp discs. None of them (Marvel, Archies, Mad Magzine, etc.) have any DRM.

dishpan
05-15-12, 11:07 AM
at the moment i am a physical only reader -- collections on amazon and #1s at my lcs (to try out new titles for cheap rather than blind buy a whole volume). i look up a lot of reviews before ordering if its not a character i love or a creator i trust, but i do buy a bunch of things per week. ive tried comixology and graphicly (not the marvel unlimited sub though), and thought it was ok but not great enough for me to switch.

i recently read the hd AvX infinite version on an ipad3. its the first time ive ever seen anything awesome enough to make me want it more than the physical comic. it really is something impossible on paper. if you havent seen it in that resolution youve got to try it. if more comics do it (and if the collected edition prices arent too bad) i would be pretty tempted to buy an ipad4 someday (need something thinner and lighter and so on) and switch to digital. i cant believe i'm saying that!

in addition to all the storytelling effects, i really liked having something drawn for the same dimensions instead of squeezed or zoomed to fit. of course i would prefer if the next ipad had a larger option (since its already big compared to a kindle) too. especially since a lot of physical issues come with the download code now too, which seems like a good step.

take a look at this if you havent seen the marvel infinite tech yet
http://youtu.be/kUheAFT7XL4?hd=1&t=23s

story
05-15-12, 11:19 AM
If Marvel ever sells their entire G.I. Joe line in digital format, will someone here please send me a private message? Thank you.

dishpan
05-15-12, 11:52 AM
If Marvel ever sells their entire G.I. Joe line in digital format, will someone here please send me a private message? Thank you.

i think that will be by idw as opposed to marvel

https://shop.idwpublishing.com/comics/series/gi-joe/classic-collections.html?limit=all&order=position&dir=asc

in fact they have new issues that continue where those left off

https://shop.idwpublishing.com/comics/series/gi-joe/a-real-american-hero.html

as well as a variety of other joe projects and universes

https://shop.idwpublishing.com/comics/series/gi-joe.html

many of which are available digitally

http://read.idwpublishing.com/

some of which are free or on sale

davidh777
05-18-12, 07:22 PM
I have some of the DVD collections but disliked the browser experience so didn't really dig much into them. I wish I'd gotten all the Marvels now that a better experience is possible.

So I've generally been a hardcopy advocate, but a strange thing happened recently with Animal Man. I liked reading it and it was under $10, but when I finished, I realized I had to shelve it. I recently reorganized my comics so I have room and a logical space for it, but I found myself wishing I just didn't have to deal with it. Maybe it's because I'm having a general desire to clean out some of my media, but for comics in particular it felt like a strange turning point. :sad:

Super X
05-20-12, 01:45 PM
I've got a Kindle Fire and am dipping into the digital comics world, but I'm focusing on titles that are being released digital-first. Right now, it's just Smallville for me and I'm enjoying getting almost-weekly installments of the book. I've got tons of physical comics, so I don't mind not having ones of this series taking up space in my house. I'll probably try some more, but I don't see myself going even primarily digital with my comics purchases.

fujishig
05-21-12, 11:58 AM
I've got a Kindle Fire and am dipping into the digital comics world, but I'm focusing on titles that are being released digital-first. Right now, it's just Smallville for me and I'm enjoying getting almost-weekly installments of the book. I've got tons of physical comics, so I don't mind not having ones of this series taking up space in my house. I'll probably try some more, but I don't see myself going even primarily digital with my comics purchases.

Just a heads up, the Marvel Digital Unlimited sub does work with the Kindle Fire (although it's not perfect). You should try it out, they have some free titles up to try.

exharrison
05-21-12, 11:26 PM
Just a heads up, the Marvel Digital Unlimited sub does work with the Kindle Fire (although it's not perfect). You should try it out, they have some free titles up to try.

Is the selection good? Or is it something like, you get Civil War #1 and afterwards, you are told that you can buy the rest for 1.99 at the digital store?

fujishig
05-22-12, 03:40 PM
You can browse the selection online:

http://marvel.com/digital_comics/unlimited

It's much better than you describe, they are mainly missing issues in between runs... so if a mini or event book like civil war is on there, they usually have all of them, but they might have, say, Cable 1-10 and 13-18 and be missing 11 and 12.

As a side note, if anyone buys comics for their iPad, the best buy.com deal of the day is a $100 itunes gift card for $80. I post it here because, even at 99c a piece, comics still make up the majority of my itunes purchases... and this makes then 80 cents a piece... :)

dishpan
05-22-12, 03:43 PM
You can browse the selection online:

http://marvel.com/digital_comics/unlimited

It's much better than you describe, they are mainly missing issues in between runs... so if a mini or event book like civil war is on there, they usually have all of them, but they might have, say, Cable 1-10 and 13-18 and be missing 11 and 12.

how soon does it get access to new releases?

fujishig
05-30-12, 02:58 PM
I think it's a year or two, so not great on getting current stuff, but then, if they did that who would buy comics anymore? :)

Comixology has a Grant Morrison DC sale right now. The first six issues of All Star Superman, some Batman RIP, Batman and Robin, Batman Inc., Flash, some JLA, Animal Man, Invisibles, etc. They're mostly the first few issues of each series, so not complete by any means, though you can buy all 3 issues of We3 for less than 3 bucks, so that's something. Also Joe the Barbarian.

How is Batman Inc.? These are all the pre-Flashpoint stuff, but it carries over (mostly) to the DCnu, right?

dishpan
05-30-12, 03:00 PM
How is Batman Inc.? These are all the pre-Flashpoint stuff, but it carries over (mostly) to the DCnu, right?

i read the first issue. i was able to follow it, which was a good start =) but yeah it acts like nothing happened with flashpoint as far as i can tell.

fujishig
06-20-12, 07:17 PM
Atomic Robo is currently on sale in Comixology. I've heard good things about it but never picked it up. They have single issues for .99 cents and collections for a little cheaper than that (for instance, i think the first collection collects issues 1-6 and is 3.99).

So far it does read a lot like a robot Hellboy, but I'll probably get the entire run (what's out) in this sale.

dishpan
06-21-12, 09:42 AM
Atomic Robo is currently on sale in Comixology. I've heard good things about it but never picked it up. They have single issues for .99 cents and collections for a little cheaper than that (for instance, i think the first collection collects issues 1-6 and is 3.99).

So far it does read a lot like a robot Hellboy, but I'll probably get the entire run (what's out) in this sale.

fun, clever series. i dont think the first collection includes his arch nemesis, which is my favorite character, so perhaps when you get that far youll really love it.

fujishig
06-26-12, 02:58 PM
Now it's a comixology sale on recent Image #1s. 23 of them for 99c each or all of them for 20 bucks. I've heard that Image has had some great series lately, so I'm tempted by the collection... but for everyone else, at least get Saga #1 for 99c !!!

fujishig
06-29-12, 02:41 AM

Paging dogmatica, the old collections of the gi joe Hama run are on comixology sale right now. The early collections of 10 issues each are 4.99 and later ones are 5.99. The continuation ones are also on sale but not as cheap.

Tempted to get the whole run...

davidh777
07-05-12, 03:35 PM
Avengers Disassembled #1 is free on itunes. I got even though I don't yet know how I'm going to read it.

Trevor
07-10-12, 11:16 AM
Half price Walking Dead sale on Comixology. All 99 issues in 16 volumes or 3 limited time omnibuses for $80.

fujishig
08-28-12, 01:26 PM
On Comixology, the Image #1s that came out in 2012 are all free. And to think I considered getting them when they were on sale a few months ago. Great change to try out some awesome titles like Prophet, Fatale, Saga, etc.

Trevor
09-14-12, 09:58 AM
Comixology is having a Legends sale this weekend. The 6 issues of that mini-series, and the 21 various DC crossovers are 99 cents each. The Secret Origins issue with the four possible Phantom Stranger origins is included.

Also on sale is The Sixth Gun series, all 23 issues for 99 cents each, and the 3 trades for $5 each. Anyone read this series? I like the premise, and am in the mood to buy something new.

fujishig
09-14-12, 10:57 AM
Plus their Friday Marvel sale is X-men second coming, which was actually a really good, old fashioned crossover.

That Legends sale is puzzling, though. That was basically a mini that kicked off post-Crisis DC, which of course has been completely and utterly wiped out by Flashpoint/new 52. I didn't realize that Secret Origins was included, though, cool.

Trevor
09-15-12, 02:23 PM
Also on sale is The Sixth Gun series, all 23 issues for 99 cents each, and the 3 trades for $5 each. Anyone read this series? I like the premise, and am in the mood to buy something new.

Bump for opinions before they go off sale.

PhantomStranger
09-15-12, 02:32 PM
Bump for opinions before they go off sale.
I remember the first trade being readable, though not anything earth-shattering. Supernatural mystery in the Old West.

Supermallet
09-17-12, 06:12 PM
Comixology is doing a Daredevil sale. Select issues 99 cents. Ends tonight at 11 PM EST.

CaptainMarvel
09-26-12, 12:06 PM
So I'm guessing they still haven't fixed the Marvel Digital Unlimited to work on Ipad yet?

fujishig
09-26-12, 01:03 PM
So I'm guessing they still haven't fixed the Marvel Digital Unlimited to work on Ipad yet?

Nope. Why would they, that would take away sales from Comixology... :)

Cool Frank Miller Batman sale, though... Dark Knight Returns and Year One single issues are all 99c. Dark Knight Strikes Again and the 10 issues of All Star Batman are also available, and I'll be honest, I bought them all despite the questionable quality of Miller's later works.

CaptainMarvel
09-26-12, 01:33 PM
Nope. Why would they, that would take away sales from Comixology... :)

I read an interview or article earlier this year saying they woul have it available to iPad before 2013. Just waiting.

Trevor
09-29-12, 08:04 AM
Two current Comixology sales are some TMNT stuff, and a boatload of Justice League books, Silver Age to late 90s I think. I'm tempted to buy them all, the JLA has always been a favorite of mine, and at one point around 15 years ago I owned pretty much every issue of every JL title. Of course, I realize that if I did buy them it would be more a buying addiction thing than actually wanting to often re-read the somewhat mediocre stuff; but I'm finding it hard to resist today.

fujishig
10-01-12, 01:23 PM
The JLA sale is actually pretty good. The older titles they have, while not complete, include a lot of milestones: the first appearance of the JLA, Green Arrow and others like Zatanna joining, various crossovers with the JSA back when it became an annual event, etc. Then they have JLA: The Nail and JLA: Year One, two of my favorite minis, along with the beginning of the Giffen/DeMatteus JLI and parts of Morrison's and Waid's run. I'm also tempted to buy a bunch of these, even though I already have most of them in tpb (well, maybe not the Morrison and Giffen stuff, because it's not complete).

Of course, there is also stuff like Extreme Justice and the JL:Detroit era, which can be hit and miss.

fujishig
12-07-12, 03:08 PM
Oh boy, here we go...

DC comics, that is, individual issues, are now day and date not only on Comixology, but also itunes, kindle, and nook:
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/11/dcs-monthly-comics-come-to-kindle-itunes-and-nook/

Because the bigger distributors apparently demanded conformity with midnight releases, all digital DC comics are now released at midnight Wednesday morning.:
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/11/dc-and-marvels-new-digital-releases-available-ahead-of-print-editions/

Which means you can get them digitally way before any comic store opens for the day. Brian Hibbs rants about this in his newest Tilting here:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42536

I somehow missed this news last month. I wonder whether the wider distribution is doing anything to digital sales, and if the shift in timing is doing anything to the B&Ms. As a wait-for-the-trade kinda guy, I don't see the huge deal in a few hours difference personally, but I can certainly understand the retailers' disgust at this.

I'm also mildly worried about the feasibility of Comixology now that DC is non-exclusive for single issues with them, mainly because I've bought quite a bit from them.

Supermallet
12-08-12, 12:09 AM
A few hours + convenience + not having to store an ever growing collection of physical copies = real incentive for more people to go digital. This should worry retailers. Unfortunately, there's not much they can do about it.

kgrogers1979
12-08-12, 02:13 PM
However, there are potential problems with going digital too.

What if Comixology goes out of business? You just lost your entire collection. Sure Comixology isn't likely going out of business anytime soon, but who knows about 20-30 years from now.

Also backwards compatibility is a potential problem. DOS and even Win95/98 programs have problems running on modern computers. Its a very real possibility that the comics you buy now won't work on computers made 20-30 years from now.

At least with physical comics, I can be assured that my old 80s/90s comics will always be there. With digital there is no such assurance.

Supermallet
12-08-12, 03:44 PM
Find a way to rip them to .cbz. I'm sure there are ways to do it. As long as some program can read that filetype, it doesn't matter what kind of computer you have. And if the standard changes, there will inevitably be something to convert the files you have.

Trevor
12-14-12, 07:39 PM
If you buy anything through iTunes, Target has a pretty sweet deal right now, but it expires tomorrow.

They have $60 worth (four $15 cards) on sale for $54, then you get a free $10 Target card with the below coupon. Don't forget to use your Target debit or credit card for the extra 5% off.

Buy $50 itunes gift card at target, get a $10 target gift card back through saturday. Use this coupon: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?lebi7u8f2h42btl

davidh777
12-16-12, 11:13 AM
Nice--Kindle now has a couple Tintin titles. :up: They're the first two in the series so I hope they're going to have them all there.

I was also surprised to run across Luann on Kindle since they stopped printing this series on physical books a while ago (though there is a recent compilation, which I'd like to get). They have three volumes specifically covering the Brad and Toni story, which really set the strip apart for me. I got the first one, and it's not the best experience reading on my phone--I have to increase the size of each page, then X out of that to swipe to the next page--but it'd probably be fine on a larger device.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51f4wbVgu7L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-52,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

fujishig
01-11-13, 12:08 PM
Man, Comixology is getting me with some of these sales. Just bought the first 30 or so issues of Remender's Uncanny X-Force for 99c a piece, on sale today only.

Xiroteus
01-28-13, 11:09 AM
My biggest issue is price along with not being able to own anything, I would prefer to have CBR files I can download, I love the idea of being able to store thousands (not that I need that many) comics in something the size of a deck of cards. A bookshelf of hardcovers looks nice, a wall of comic boxes is just a pain. Many say they dislike looking at a screen, personally that has never been an issue, when working and such I can stare at a screen all day. I even finding it easier to read a comic on a tablet or computer, I can lay down and read it, neck at a better angle etc... since I like to keep my comics perfect I am mostly limited to one flat surface.

Comics get heavy and just too bulky, some will always love collecting, I am just a reader these days, saving save is huge.

madcougar
01-29-13, 11:39 AM
I recently bought an iPad and went ahead and redeemed a bunch of Marvel comics digital copies since I owned the comics anyway. It's pretty convenient to have them in this format, but I just don't see the day that I'll ever go 100 percent digital. At least not until brand new comics cost 99 cents or something ridiculous where the price is just too good. I'm not holding my breath on that.

fujishig
01-29-13, 11:52 AM
Madcougar, what do you do with your physical books? I've said it before, but I've long since gone past the point where even getting only collected tpbs is taking up too much space, so I'm fine with digital copies of most stuff, with the occasional hardcover for exceptional stuff.

My main problem is that I won't spend cover price on a digital copy, mainly because I could get my mailordered comics cheaper than cover anyway. But I have enough to read with the 99c sales and my backlog, at least at this point. My other problem is the lack of space on my ipad... even though I don't need my entire library on there because I'm not going to read it all at once, I do have to frequently clean up and then redownload when I want to go back and read something. Definitely not as convenient as physical copies for flipping back and forth.

Xiroteus
01-29-13, 12:04 PM
My main problem is that I won't spend cover price on a digital copy, mainly because I could get my mailordered comics cheaper than cover anyway.

These are reasons digital pricing for the most part is overdone, I often see digital books costing more then a hardcover, and with mail order comics they are a bit cheaper then cover price. I know printing is only part of the cost, talking about printer, shipping etc... if I wrote a book and sold it online vs having it printed the latter is going to cost be a lot more. (Larger locations need to be maintained, severs, 30% for things etc..) Even so.

Hard to justify spending MORE on something we cannot even download, cannot sell, trade, give away etc.. I do love the space it can safe.

TheBigDave
03-07-13, 11:17 PM
Has anyone tried the Marvel Unlimited app for iPad?

http://marvel.com/news/story/20247/experience_marvel_unlimited

Supermallet
03-08-13, 05:55 PM
I'm interested, but I noticed it only allows you to store six issues at a time for offline reading, or roughly 30 minutes of your life. If I'm going to be stuck somewhere where I can't access the internet, I'd likely want more than 30 minutes worth of comics to read.

Liquid Death
03-08-13, 11:18 PM
Anyone know of a website/forum that would be a good place to sell digital comic copies? I have a few from the Marvel NOW! books that I won't use; the trading forum here is (rightfully so) DVD/BR. Thanks in advance! :)

CaptainMarvel
03-09-13, 08:18 PM
Has anyone tried the Marvel Unlimited app for iPad?

http://marvel.com/news/story/20247/experience_marvel_unlimited

Yeah... I was waiting for the IOS compatibility to come out. Signed up today... and it won't let me log in to the app, either on my Iphone or my Ipad. That's apparently a very common problem, reading some of the reviews.

The Valeyard
03-10-13, 11:31 PM
FYI to all:

Marvel is giving away 700 Issue #1 digital comics until March 12th. They crashed ComiXology earlier today.

They include All New X-Men, Avengers, Avengers Arena, Captain America, Cable And X-Force, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, FF, Indestructible Hulk, Iron Man, Point One, Morbius, New Avengers, Savage Wolverine, Superior Spider-Man, Thor God Of Thunder, Thunderbolts, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Force, X-Men Legacy, Young Avengers and A Plus X from Marvel NOW!, but also most every major series and volume ever published by Marvel through their history. Oh and A Babies Vs X-Babies.

*EDIT: Fixing the month.

Deftones
03-11-13, 12:00 AM
Actually it's March 12th according to Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/5989841/you-can-download-700-free-marvel-comics-right-now

Don't even bother trying right now, though. Site is down and the android app is giving all kinds of errors.

The Valeyard
03-11-13, 12:09 AM
Actually it's March 12th according to Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/5989841/you-can-download-700-free-marvel-comics-right-now

Don't even bother trying right now, though. Site is down and the android app is giving all kinds of errors.

My bad. We're planning a family event for April and while I was typing, my wife was discussing April plans with me. So April was on my mind.

April.

I'll edit to fix the month to not-April.

Thanks.

Trevor
03-11-13, 10:26 AM
I need a bigger iPad now.

Deftones
03-11-13, 05:27 PM
I still can't get into this thing. I signed up and clicked the link to activate my account. Now it is telling me my password is incorrect. I try to "reset" through their site, but it times out repeatedly. Fook.

Well, looks like it doesn't matter. They are putting it on hold.

To our customers:

It’s been a whirlwind weekend, and we’re fresh from SXSW where Marvel Comics launched their Marvel #1 promotion featuring over 700 free comics distributed via our platform.

We expected a high degree of excitement for the Marvel initiative – and had believed ourselves prepared – but unfortunately we became overwhelmed by the immense response. We’re still struggling to keep our systems up.

The result is that you aren’t getting your comics when and where you want.

We don’t like letting you down. Our teams are working around the clock to resolve these issues so that you can have the experience you’ve come to expect.

To that end, we’re pausing the Marvel Comics #1 promotion for the time being. For those of you that want to take advantage of the offer – you will get your comics! Until we are able to reinstate this program in our systems, please click here and fill out this simple form, so you can be informed as soon as there is an update.

We’ll be communicating with you as often as we can and deeply appreciate the outpouring of support we’ve seen from our customers while we right the ship.

David Steinberger
CEO and co-founder
comiXology

Link to sign up: http://www.comixology.com/sale-access

The Valeyard
03-11-13, 06:17 PM
I got in last night around 1:30am. Downloaded 22 titles (mainly annuals, one shots and a smattering of #1s) and called it a night. It was extremely sluggish.

Trevor
03-11-13, 10:05 PM
I got in last night around 1:30am. Downloaded 22 titles (mainly annuals, one shots and a smattering of #1s) and called it a night. It was extremely sluggish.
Maybe I got lucky, and/or maybe they didn't "take" like they appeared to, but I was able to log into the iPad app this morning and buy all 700 issues fairly quickly. They were all showing as purchased and downloading or read when I quit the app, so I'm hoping that I at least locked in the license for them all.

TheBigDave
03-12-13, 11:44 AM
I've been checking out the Marvel Unlimited service, and notice that almost everything has huge holes of missing issues. For example, Uncanny X-Men is only about 60% complete. And it's often missing individual issues in the middle of a run. I don't want to read a book if it's missing a couple chapters.

So a question for long-time MU users. Have they been filling in the holes? Should I expect these series to be completed in the near future? Or is this an ongoing problem that isn't being fixed? I don't want to sign-up for an annual membership if they're not working on this.

davidh777
03-12-13, 11:48 AM
I still can't get into this thing. I signed up and clicked the link to activate my account. Now it is telling me my password is incorrect. I try to "reset" through their site, but it times out repeatedly. Fook.

Well, looks like it doesn't matter. They are putting it on hold.

Link to sign up: http://www.comixology.com/sale-access

Couldn't get in last night so thanks for this.

fujishig
03-12-13, 12:58 PM
I've been checking out the Marvel Unlimited service, and notice that almost everything has huge holes of missing issues. For example, Uncanny X-Men is only about 60% complete. And it's often missing individual issues in the middle of a run. I don't want to read a book if it's missing a couple chapters.

So a question for long-time MU users. Have they been filling in the holes? Should I expect these series to be completed in the near future? Or is this an ongoing problem that isn't being fixed? I don't want to sign-up for an annual membership if they're not working on this.

They do fill in some of the holes, but it seems random. I remember trying to read through the recent Cable series because of Messiah War, and they were missing two issues initially that they randomly decided to put in months later. But I still think the holes are by design, so that you're tempted to go out and get the tbp... otherwise there's no rhyme or reason to miss an issue or two here or there in an otherwise complete run.

Supermallet
03-14-13, 03:17 AM
They do fill in some of the holes, but it seems random. I remember trying to read through the recent Cable series because of Messiah War, and they were missing two issues initially that they randomly decided to put in months later. But I still think the holes are by design, so that you're tempted to go out and get the tbp... otherwise there's no rhyme or reason to miss an issue or two here or there in an otherwise complete run.

That sounds shady. I'd understand it if they were missing Fantastic Four number 142 or something from decades ago, but anything printed within the last few years should be there automatically.

And, honestly, even the old stuff should all be in there, because Marvel released whole runs of comic titles on CD-ROM for a while, including Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, etc. So they already have digital scans for those.

actionjackson29
03-19-13, 06:29 AM
That sounds shady. I'd understand it if they were missing Fantastic Four number 142 or something from decades ago, but anything printed within the last few years should be there automatically.

And, honestly, even the old stuff should all be in there, because Marvel released whole runs of comic titles on CD-ROM for a while, including Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, etc. So they already have digital scans for those.

I don't think that's completely true. The cd-roms were done by another company and weren't cleaned up and still had ads in the back. Anyways, I signed a few days and think its pretty good. The marvel/comixology app is better for reading but the unlimited app is decent enough for what you get.

Paul_SD
04-04-13, 12:44 PM
I don't think that's completely true. The cd-roms were done by another company and weren't cleaned up and still had ads in the back.

GIT Corp. (along with a prior company IIRC) released the "40 years of___" DVD-roms for Captain America, X-Men, Spider-Man, Hulk, Avengers, Iron Man and a couple others. What I like/love about the GIT DVDs, is that the issues are all cover to cover- ads, bullpen bulletins, letter pages, indicia and all.
I don't know about anyone else, but for me seeing a lot of silver and early bronze age material from an age before i existed or was a steady reader put into it's proper context by ad pages and BPBs and letter cols, makes much of this more compelling than I've ever found it in snazzy newly remastered collected editions (which I assume are the files that are forming the basis of a lot of the vintage Unlimited content).

The Unlimited deal doesn't sound too bad- and there is a whole lot of stuff I would rather rent cheaply and read once rather than pay a little more for to actually own the file of- but the GIT corp DVDs are my personal gold standard for comic collections on a digital device.
They've also completely changed the way I think about collecting and consuming this material. I was stuck on the road for work from mid January until just yesterday and one of my favorite and few diversions was reading a classic silver age comic each night in bed. Key issuse of FF, Avengers, Spider-man, etc. Here I had access to tens of thousands of $ of books and didn't worry one bit about storing them safely, or degrading them with each page turn as I read them. The absence of any and all concerns about condition (while at the same time still seeing them as they exist in a 'collectible state') made reading them an absolute pleasure- even when the stories themselves left a bit to be desired.

I'm sold.
So much so, that for the next couple weeks I'm going to go through my whole collection and start a massive sell-off of trades and HCs. Looking forward to downsizing and divesting this year.

fujishig
04-04-13, 01:26 PM
But we haven't had a Marvel/DC release CD ROM release in a long time, right? Maybe some Archie ones, but I don't remember them continuing the series...

story
04-04-13, 01:29 PM
GIT Corp. (along with a prior company IIRC) released the "40 years of___" DVD-roms for Captain America, X-Men, Spider-Man, Hulk, Avengers, Iron Man and a couple others. What I like/love about the GIT DVDs, is that the issues are all cover to cover- ads, bullpen bulletins, letter pages, indicia and all.This is what has held me back from trading my box of G.I. Joe comic books for a digital copy. I want all of those ads and letter pages!

Paul_SD
04-04-13, 02:26 PM
But we haven't had a Marvel/DC release CD ROM release in a long time, right? Maybe some Archie ones, but I don't remember them continuing the series...

I don't recall any DC collections on DVD rom, and Marvel pulled GIT Corps license shortly before they were set to release another wave including the first 500 issues of Thor (AAARRGGHHH!). They realized they were giving away the whole store for pennies, and saw the future in 'renting' digital downloads of single issues. The Unlimited subscription deal isn't bad at from what I can tell, but the GIT DVDs are THE absolute best way to read vintage material as far as I'm concerned. I had runs of Avengers, Spider-man, and FF from issue 1 up until the early 80's all sitting on my iPad at the same time accessible wherever and whenever I wanted- and NOT dependent on having access to a wi-fi signal to read more than a handful at a time.

The GITS + my iPad have changed my buying/collecting/consumption habits in a major way. Last year I went on a binge buying up hundreds of lbs of trades and Archives and Omni's. This year, most of them are going to get sold off. I'll be able to reclaim a ton of space, get at least a little money back, and be able to enjoy this stuff a little more stress free. I have always loved physical books. There is definitely a sensual aspect to them that a sterile computer device can't replicate. But the sheer flexibility of digital on a tablet means that I don;t have to wait until I am home (and exhausted) to enjoy them. I'm on the road about 6 months out of the year, and that's usually the time I would most love to access this stuff. Now I can...and it's a blast!

This is what has held me back from trading my box of G.I. Joe comic books for a digital copy. I want all of those ads and letter pages!

Yeah. The stories themselves are the main thing, but Cover To Cover just adds so much to the experience. I know the newest softcover masterworks are sometimes huge improvements over the older HC masterworks thanks to new files/re-coloring- but as much as I've enjoyed my tpb Masterworks, in any case where I can I'll choose the GIT DVDs to read them. I'll be buying the upcoming Thor vol. 2 Omni- but I passed on the recently released Romita Jr/Layton Iron Man Omni because I would much rather see those stories as the original complete books. Up until January, when I started to use my tablet regularly, that was my most wanted Omnibus. Haven't gave passing it by a second thought.

BTW, for any fans of Dan Decarlo, the Bronze Age Betty And Veronica DVD Rom is a gold mine. 120 issues of 1970's B&V for under $10 has to rank as one of the steals of the century. Can't begin to say how great these work as a palate cleanser after 4 or 5 wordy Marvel books. Like the Git Marvels though, they stopped putting these out after just a few releases. A real shame too as they even advertise a 60's era B&V set 'coming soon'. Man, would I loved to have had that one.

PhantomStranger
04-04-13, 02:37 PM
This is what has held me back from trading my box of G.I. Joe comic books for a digital copy. I want all of those ads and letter pages!
+1
I wonder if they don't include them as an option for those whom want to see them because of rights' issues. Many of those ads had art in them by comic book artists and I bet Marvel/DC simply don't want to go that level of hassle to clear the rights.
I don't recall any DC collections on DVD rom, and Marvel pulled GIT Corps license shortly before they were set to release another wave including the first 500 issues of Thor (AAARRGGHHH!). They realized they were giving away the whole store for pennies, and saw the future in 'renting' digital downloads of single issues. The Unlimited subscription deal isn't bad at from what I can tell, but the GIT DVDs are THE absolute best way to read vintage material as far as I'm concerned. I had runs of Avengers, Spider-man, and FF from issue 1 up until the early 80's all sitting on my iPad at the same time accessible wherever and whenever I wanted- and NOT dependent on having access to a wi-fi signal to read more than a handful at a time.

I think you are correct. They realized those DVD-Roms were too good of a value and would greatly undermine any sort of digital sales service. I wish DC had issued something like them.

Paul_SD
04-04-13, 02:47 PM
Yeah. The Gits can be fairly expensive now- but at least they do exist- and all the scans (and books they got them from) are of a consistently high quality. No such luck for DC fans (of which, I'm a big one).

Spiderbite
04-04-13, 02:49 PM
One thing too, you could basically insert or burn a copy of the GIT DVD-roms and then give it or sell it to anyone. Not much (if any) protection on those. I have every release GIT did and will never get rid of them. I just hate we didn't get to see even more collections or DC stuff before they stopped doing it.

davidh777
04-08-13, 12:51 PM
Got a message from Marvel that the free #1s would resume this week and to look for a mail on 4/11.

Deftones
04-11-13, 11:59 AM
Just got my email. I picked up 533 of the 700 issues. :lol:

I wish marvel would get their unlimited thing going for Android. If they do, I'd strongly consider getting the yearly subscription.

Here's my list of them, which also shows you most of the titles.

A + X #1
A-Babies vs. X-Babies #1
AVX: Consequences #1 (of 5)
AVX: VS. #1 (of 6)
Age of Apocalypse #1
Age of Apocalypse: Sinister Bloodlines
Age of X Universe #1 (of 2)
All-New Iron Manual: Part 1 (of 2)
All-New X-Men #1
Amazing Fantasy 15: Spider-Man!
Amazing Spider-Man #1
Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1
Amazing Spider-Man Hooky #1
Amazing Spider-Man Presents: American Son #1 (of 4)
Amazing Spider-Man Presents: Black Cat #1 (of 4)
Amazing Spider-Man Presents: Jackpot #1 (of 3)
Amazing Spider-Man/Ghost Rider: Motorstorm
Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth #1
Amazing Spider-Man: Parallel Lives #1
Amazing X-Men #1
Annihilation #1 (of 6)
Annihilation Prologue #1
Annihilation: Conquest #1 (of 6)
Annihilation: Conquest - Quasar #1 (of 4)
Annihilation: Conquest - Starlord #1 (of 4)
Annihilation: Conquest - Wraith #1 (of 4)
Annihilation: Conquest Prologue
Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus #1 (of 2)
Annihilation: Nova #1
Annihilation: Ronan #1
Annihilation: Silver Surfer #1
Annihilation: Super Skrull #1
Annihilators #1 (of 4)
Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #1
Astonishing Thor #1 (of 5)
Astonishing X-Men #1
Astonishing X-Men #1 (of 4)
Astonishing X-Men Annual #1
Astonishing X-Men: Ghost Boxes #1 (of 2)
Astonishing X-Men: Xenogenesis #1 (of 5)
Avengers #1
Avengers Academy #1
Avengers Annual #1
Avengers Annual #2000
Avengers Arena #1
Avengers Assemble #1
Avengers Forever #1
Avengers Origins: Ant-Man and the Wasp #1
Avengers Origins: Luke Cage #1
Avengers Origins: Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch #1
Avengers Origins: Thor #1
Avengers Origins: Vision #1
Avengers Prime #1 (of 5)
Avengers Spotlight #1
Avengers Vol. 4 #1
Avengers Vol. 5 #1
Avengers vs. Pet Avengers #1 (of 4)
Avengers vs. X-Men #1 (of 12)
Avengers: Roll Call
Avengers: The Children's Crusade #1 (of 9)
Avengers: The Children's Crusade - Young Avengers #1
Avengers: The Coming of the Avengers #1
Avengers: The Initiative #1
Avengers: The Initiative Annual #1
Avengers: The Origin #1 (of 5)
Avengers: X-Sanction #1 (of 4)
Avenging Spider-Man #1
Avenging Spider-Man Annual #1
Baby's First Deadpool Book #1
Balder The Brave #1
Blink #1
Cable #1
Cable King-Size Spectacular
Cable Vol. 1 #1
Cable and X-Force #1
Cable: Blood and Metal #1
Captain America Vol. 7 #1
Carnage #1 (of 5)
Carnage USA #1 (of 5)
Chaos War #1 (of 5)
Chaos War #1: Alpha Flight
Chaos War #1: Chaos King
Chaos War: Ares #1
Chaos War: Dead Avengers #1 (of 3)
Chaos War: God Squad #1
Chaos War: Thor #1 (of 2)
Chaos War: X-Men #1 (of 2)
Civil War #1 (of 7)
Civil War: Casualties of War: Iron Man/Captain America
Civil War: Choosing Sides
Civil War: Front Line #1 (of 11)
Civil War: House of M #1 (of 5)
Civil War: The Confession
Civil War: The Initiative
Civil War: The Return
Civil War: War Crimes
Civil War: X-Men #1 (of 4)
Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1 (of 4)
Claws #1 (of 3)
Cyclops Vol. 1 #1
Daken: Dark Wolverine #1
Dark Avengers #1
Dark Avengers Annual #1
Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Exodus
Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia #1
Dark Reign: The List: Amazing Spider-Man
Dark Reign: The List: Avengers
Dark Reign: The List: Hulk
Dark Reign: The List: Wolverine
Dark Reign: The List: X-Men
Dark Reign: The Sinister Spider-Man #1 (of 4)
Dark X-Men: The Beginning #1 (of 3)
Dark X-Men: The Confession
Deadpool & Death Annual
Deadpool Corps #1
Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #1 (of 4)
Deadpool Killustrated #1 (of 4)
Deadpool Pulp #1 (of 4)
Deadpool Vol. 1 #1
Deadpool Vol. 2 #1
Deadpool Vol. 3 #1
Deadpool Vol. 4 #1
Decimation: House Of M - The Day After
Drax the Destroyer #1
Eternals #1 (of 7)
Exiles Vol. 1 #1
FF #1
FF Vol. 2 #1
Factor X #1
Fantastic Four #1
Fantastic Four Annual #1
Fantastic Four In... Ataque Del M.O.D.O.K.! #1
Fantastic Four Vol. 2 #1
Fantastic Four: 1234 #1
Fantastic Four: Books of Doom #1
Fantastic Four: House Of M #1 (of 3)
Fantastic Four: Isla De La Muerte!
Fear Itself #1 (of 7)
Fear Itself: Black Widow
Fear Itself: Book of the Skull #1
Fear Itself: Monkey King #1
Fear Itself: The Fearless #1 (of 12)
Fear Itself: The Worthy One-Shot
First X-Men #1 (of 5)
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #1
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man Annual #1
Gambit & The X-Ternals #1
Gambit Vol. 4 #1
Gambit: From the Marvel Vault #1
Generation Next #1
Giant-Size Astonishing X-Men #1.1: Part 1
Giant-Size Astonishing X-Men #1.2: Part 2
Guardians of the Galaxy #1
Heroes Reborn: Avengers #1
Heroes Reborn: Fantastic Four #1
Heroes Reborn: Iron Man #1
House of M #1 (of 8)
Hulk #1
Hulk Smash Avengers #1 (of 5)
Hulk vs. Hercules: When Titans Clash
Hulk: Fall of the Hulks Alpha #1
Hulk: Fall of the Hulks Gamma #1
Hulk: Gray #1
Iceman and Angel #1
Incredible Hulk & The Human Torch: From the Marvel Vault #1
Incredible Hulk Vol. 1 #1
Incredible Hulk Vol. 3 #1
Indestructible Hulk #1
Infinity Crusade #1
Infinity Gauntlet #1 (of 6)
Infinity War #1
Invincible Iron Man #1
Invincible Iron Man Annual #1.1
Invincible Iron Man Annual #1.2
Invincible Iron Man Annual #1.3
Iron Age #1 (of 3)
Iron Age: Alpha #1
Iron Age: Omega #1
Iron Man #1
Iron Man 2.0 #1
Iron Man 2: Public Identity #1 (of 3)
Iron Man Noir #1 (of 4)
Iron Man Vol. 5 #1
Iron Man vs. Whiplash #1 (of 4)
Iron Man/Thor #1 (of 4)
Iron Man: House Of M #1 (of 3)
Iron Man: I Am Iron Man! #1 (of 2)
Iron Man: Legacy #1
Iron Man: Legacy of Doom #1 (of 4)
Iron Man: The Inevitable #1 (of 6)
Iron Man: The Rapture #1 (of 4)
King-Size Hulk #1
Logan #1 (of 3)
Loki #1
Loki #1 (of 4)
Los 4 Fantasticos #1: Isla De La Muerte!
Los 4 Fantasticos En... Ataque Del M.O.D.O.K.! #1
Madrox #1: Marvel Knights
Magneto #1
Magneto: Not A Hero #1 (of 4)
Marvel Adventures Iron Man #1
Marvel Adventures Spider-Man #1
Marvel Girl #1
Marvel Holiday 2011
Marvel Holiday Magazine #1
Marvel Knights Spider-Man #1
Marvel Universe vs. Avengers #1 (of 4)
Marvel Universe vs. Wolverine #1 (of 4)
Marvel Universe vs. the Punisher #1 (of 4)
Marvel Zombies #1
Marvel Zombies 2 #1 (of 5)
Marvel Zombies 3 #1 (of 4)
Marvel Zombies 4 #1 (of 4)
Marvel Zombies 5 #1 (of 5)
Marvel Zombies Christmas Carol #1 (of 5)
Marvel Zombies Destroy #1 (of 5)
Marvel Zombies Halloween #1
Marvel Zombies Return #1
Marvel Zombies Supreme #1 (of 5)
Marvel Zombies: Dead Days
Marvel Zombies: Evil Evolution #1
Marvel's Iron Man 2 Adaptation #1 (of 2)
Marvel's Iron Man 3 Prelude #1 (of 2)
Marvel's Thor Adaptation #1 (of 2)
Marvel's the Avengers: The Avengers Initiative #1
Marvels #1: Part One
Marvels #1: Part Two
Mekanix #1
Microverse: The Enigma Force #1 (of 3)
Mighty Avengers #1
Minimum Carnage: Alpha #1
Minimum Carnage: Omega #1
Mutopia X #1 (of 5)
Mythos: Hulk
Namor: The First Mutant #1
Nation X: X-Factor #1
New Avengers #1
New Avengers Annual #1
New Avengers Annual Vol. 2 #1
New Avengers Finale #1
New Avengers Vol. 2 #1
New Avengers Vol. 3 #1
New Avengers: Illuminati
New Avengers: Illuminati #1 (of 5)
New Avengers: The Reunion #1 (of 4)
New Mutants #1
New Mutants Annual Vol. 1 #1
New Mutants Vol. 1 #1
New X-Men Annual #1
New X-Men Vol. 2 #1
Nova #1
Nova Annual #1
Origins of Marvel Comics #1: X-Men
Planet Skaar: Prologue
Prelude To Deadpool Corps #1 (of 5)
Punisher #1
Punisher Annual #1
Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe
Punisher Noir #1 (of 4)
Punisher Vol. 8 #1
Punisher War Journal #1
Punisher: In the Blood #1 (of 5)
Punisher: Nightmare #1 (of 5)
Punisher: War Zone #1 (of 5)
Realm of Kings
Realm of Kings: Imperial Guard #1 (of 5)
Realm of Kings: Inhumans #1 (of 5)
Realm of Kings: Son of Hulk #1 (of 4)
Rescue #1
Rogue Vol. 3 #1
Savage Wolverine #1
Scarlet Spider #1
Secret Avengers #1
Secret Invasion #1 (of 8)
Secret Invasion: Dark Reign
Secret Invasion: Front Line #1 (of 5)
Secret Invasion: Inhumans #1 (of 4)
Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers #1 (of 3)
Secret Invasion: The Amazing Spider-Man #1 (of 3)
Secret Invasion: Thor #1 (of 3)
Secret Invasion: War of Kings
Secret Invasion: Who Do You Trust? #1
Secret Invasion: X-Men #1 (of 4)
Secret Wars #1
Shadowland #1 (of 5)
Shadowland: After the Fall
She-Hulks #1 (of 4)
Siege #1 (of 4)
Siege: Captain America #1
Siege: Embedded #1 (of 4)
Siege: Loki #1
Siege: Secret Warriors #1
Siege: Spider-Man #1
Siege: The Cabal
Siege: Young Avengers #1
Sif #1
Silver Surfer #1 (of 5)
Silver Surfer: Enslavers
Silver Surfer: Parable #1
Silver Surfer: Requiem #1 (of 4)
Skaar: King of the Savage Land #1 (of 5)
Skaar: Son of Hulk #1
Space: Punisher #1 (of 4)
Spaceknights #1 (of 3)
Spider-Island Spotlight
Spider-Island: Amazing Spider-Girl #1 (of 3)
Spider-Island: Avengers #1
Spider-Island: Cloak and Dagger #1 (of 3)
Spider-Island: Deadly Foes #1
Spider-Island: Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #1 (of 3)
Spider-Island: Heroes For Hire #1
Spider-Island: Spider-Woman #1
Spider-Man #1
Spider-Man & The Human Torch in Bahia De Los Muertos #1
Spider-Man 1602 #1 (of 5)
Spider-Man Noir #1 (of 4)
Spider-Man Presents: Anti-Venom #1 (of 3)
Spider-Man Unlimited #1
Spider-Man Y La Antorcha Humana En...Bahia De Los Muertos! #1
Spider-Man and the X-Men Digital Spectacular #1
Spider-Man vs. Vampires #1
Spider-Man/Fantastic Four #1 (of 4)
Spider-Man/Human Torch #1
Spider-Man: Back In Quack #1
Spider-Man: Blue #1
Spider-Man: Chapter One #1
Spider-Man: House Of M #1 (of 5)
Spider-Man: Reign #1 (of 4)
Spider-Man: The Lost Years #1
Spider-Men #1 (of 5)
Stryfe's Strike File #1
Superior Spider-Man #1
Tales from the Age of Apocalypse: By The Light
Thanos Quest #1
Thanos: The Final Threat #1
The Mighty Thor #1
The Mighty Thor Annual #1
The Official Handbook of the Ultimate Marvel Universe: Vol. 1 #1: Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate Fantastic Four
The Thanos Imperative #1 (of 6)
The Thanos Imperative: Devastation
The Thanos Imperative: Ignition
Thor #1
Thor #1: Vol. 3
Thor #2000: Annual
Thor and the Warriors Four #1 (of 4)
Thor: Ages of Thunder
Thor: Ages of Thunder - Reign of Blood #1
Thor: Blood Oath #1
Thor: Deviants Saga #1 (of 5)
Thor: First Thunder #1 (of 5)
Thor: Giant-Size Finale #1
Thor: God of Thunder #1
Thor: God-Sized #1
Thor: Heaven and Earth #1 (of 4)
Thor: Man of War
Thor: Son of Asgard #1
Thor: The Mighty Avenger #1
Thor: Wolves of the North
Thunderbolts Vol. 2 #1
Thunderstrike #1 (of 5)
Toxin #1
Ultimate Comics Armor Wars #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics Avengers #1
Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #1
Ultimate Comics Avengers 3 #1 (of 6)
Ultimate Comics Avengers vs. New Ultimates #1 (of 6)
Ultimate Comics Captain America #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics Doom #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics Enemy #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics Fallout #1 (of 6)
Ultimate Comics Hawkeye #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics Iron Man #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics Mystery #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics New Ultimates #1 (of 5)
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol. 1 #1
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol. 2 #1
Ultimate Comics Thor #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics Ultimates #1
Ultimate Comics X #1
Ultimate Comics X-Men #1
Ultimate Elektra #1
Ultimate Extinction #1
Ultimate Fantastic Four #1
Ultimate Fantastic Four Annual #1
Ultimate Fantastic Four/Ultimate X-Men #1: Annual
Ultimate Human #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Iron Man #1 (of 5)
Ultimate Iron Man II #1 (of 5)
Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #1
Ultimate Nightmare #1
Ultimate Origins #1 (of 5)
Ultimate Power #1 (of 9)
Ultimate Secret #1
Ultimate Spider-Man #1
Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #1
Ultimate Spider-Man Infinite
Ultimate Vision #1 (of 5)
Ultimate War #1
Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk #1 (of 6)
Ultimate X-Men #1
Ultimate X-Men Annual #1
Ultimate X-Men/Ultimate Fantastic Four #1
Ultimates #1
Ultimates 2 #1
Ultimates 3 #1 (of 5)
Ultimates Annual #1
Ultimatum #1 (of 5)
Ultimatum: Fantastic Four
Ultimatum: Spider-Man Requiem #1 (of 2)
Ultimatum: X-Men
Uncanny Avengers #1
Uncanny X-Force #1
Uncanny X-Force Vol. 2 #1
Uncanny X-Men #1
Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 #1
Uncanny X-Men: First Class #1 (of 8)
Uncanny X-Men: First Class Giant-size Special #1
Uncanny X-Men: The Heroic Age #1
Valkyrie #1
Venom #1: Lethal Protector
Venom Vol. 1 #1
Venom Vol. 2 #1
Venom vs. Carnage #1 (of 4)
Venom: Dark Origin #1 (of 5)
War Machine #1
War of Kings #1 (of 6)
War of Kings: Ascension #1 (of 4)
War of Kings: Darkhawk #1 (of 2)
War of Kings: Savage World of Skaar
War of Kings: Warriors #1 (of 2)
War of Kings: Who Will Rule?
Warriors Three #1 (of 4)
Weapon X #1
Weapon X: First Class #1 (of 3)
What If? Astonishing X-Men #1
What If? Daredevil Vs. Elektra #1
What If? Secret Invasion #1
What If? Spider-Man: House of M #1
What If? World War Hulk #1
What If?: Venom/Deadpool #1
Wolverine #1
Wolverine & Jubilee #1
Wolverine Annual #1
Wolverine Noir #1 (of 4)
Wolverine Vol. 1 #1 (of 4)
Wolverine Vol. 4 #1
Wolverine and the X-Men #1
Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha and Omega #1 (of 5)
Wolverine/Deadpool: The Decoy #1
Wolverine/Gambit #1
Wolverine/Hercules: Myths, Monsters and Mutants #1 (of 4)
Wolverine: First Class #1
Wolverine: Manifest Destiny #1 (of 4)
Wolverine: Old Man Logan Giant-Size #1
Wolverine: Origin #1 (of 6)
Wolverine: Origins #1
Wolverine: Origins Annual #1
Wolverine: Road To Hell #1
Wolverine: The End #1
Wolverine: Weapon X #1
World War Hulk #1 (of 5)
World War Hulk Aftersmash: Damage Control #1 (of 3)
World War Hulk Aftersmash: Warbound #1 (of 5)
World War Hulk Prologue: World Breaker
World War Hulk: Aftersmash #1
World War Hulk: Front Line #1 (of 6)
World War Hulk: Gamma Corps #1 (of 4)
World War Hulk: X-Men #1 (of 3)
X-23 Vol. 1 #1
X-23 Vol. 2 #1
X-23: Target X #1 (of 6)
X-Calibre #1
X-Club #1 (of 5)
X-Factor #1
X-Factor Special: Layla Miller
X-Force #1
X-Force Annual #1
X-Force Vol. 1 #1
X-Force/Cable: Messiah War Prologue
X-Force: Ain't No Dog
X-Force: Sex and Violence #1 (of 3)
X-Infernus #1 (of 4)
X-Man #1
X-Men #1
X-Men Alpha #1
X-Men Forever #1
X-Men Forever Annual #1
X-Men Giant-Size #1
X-Men Noir #1 (of 4)
X-Men Noir: Mark of Cain #1 (of 4)
X-Men Spotlight
X-Men Vol. 3 #1
X-Men vs. Agents of Atlas #1 (of 2)
X-Men vs. Avengers #1
X-Men: Age of Apocalypse #1
X-Men: Chronicles #1
X-Men: Curse of the Mutants Saga
X-Men: Deadly Genesis #1
X-Men: First Class #1 (of 8)
X-Men: First Class Finals #1 (of 4)
X-Men: First Class II #1
X-Men: First Class Special
X-Men: Hellbound #1 (of 3)
X-Men: Kingbreaker #1 (of 4)
X-Men: Legacy Annual #1
X-Men: Legacy Vol. 2 #1
X-Men: Manifest Destiny #1
X-Men: Messiah Complex #1
X-Men: Omega #1
X-Men: Original Sin One-Shot
X-Men: Phoenix Endsong #1
X-Men: Phoenix Warsong #1 (of 5)
X-Men: Prelude to Schism #1 (of 4)
X-Men: Prime #1
X-Men: Psylocke #1 (of 4)
X-Men: Regenesis #1
X-Men: Schism #1 (of 5)
X-Men: Second Coming #1
X-Men: The End #1: Dreamers and Demons
X-Men: The End #1: Heroes and Martyrs
X-Men: The End #1: Men and X-Men
X-Men: To Serve and Protect #1 (of 4)
X-Necrosha
X-Necrosha #1: The Gathering
X-Terminators #1
X-Treme X-Men #1
X-Treme X-Men Vol. 2 #1
X-Treme X-Men: X-Pose #1 (of 2)
X-Universe #1
Young Avengers #1
Young Avengers Vol. 2 #1
Young Avengers: Special #1
Young X-Men #1

Trevor
04-12-13, 11:15 AM
I wish they had a "select all" button. It ended up being 723 free #1s, unless I missed any. I got my invite Thursday night. Would love DC to match this deal.

davidh777
04-12-13, 06:54 PM
Do you actually have to download all the issues? Or can you just claim them for later? This is assuming of course that I haven't already missed out on the deal.

Trevor
04-12-13, 07:54 PM
Do you actually have to download all the issues? Or can you just claim them for later? This is assuming of course that I haven't already missed out on the deal.
No need to download them.

dalbowski
04-13-13, 04:07 AM
I wish they had a "select all" button.

Geez, so much clicking...

PhantomStranger
04-13-13, 04:13 AM
I wish they had a "select all" button. It ended up being 723 free #1s, unless I missed any. I got my invite Thursday night. Would love DC to match this deal.
That was a brutal introduction to Marvel's digital comics for users. Whoever decided to give away 700 free issues and then force everyone to click on all of them to actually receive them, should be sent to Guantanamo Bay. I am still dumbfounded by that user experience.

I must have missed on one click, I ended up with 722 issues.

starman9000
04-13-13, 09:27 AM
I thought I had signed up, but I guess I only signed up to be notified to sign up. :lol:

Oh well.

davidh777
04-13-13, 10:10 AM
I got my 722 issues. :up:

Clearly I didn't really understand the deal. First I went to the Marvel app on my phone and found just the standard freebies. Not till I went to the notification mail did I realize I had to click through on my browser, and from there it was pretty straightforward (I was sitting at 700 when I realized I had missed a couple screens). I also didn't realize there was a 48-hour time limit stated in the mail--I made it with three hours to spare.

The clicking is kind of a pain, but I'm glad I was doing it on my computer instead of on my phone. :lol: I can kind of see their reasoning, though: What better way to show your breadth of selection than to make people actually click on each one. If they can download them all in one click, they may never see all of what's there, and they'll never be more receptive to looking than when they can get them free.

My list:

Your Free Marvel #1 Comics:

15-Love #1
5 Ronin #1 (of 5)
A + X #1
A-Babies vs. X-Babies #1
AVX: Consequences #1 (of 5)
AVX: VS. #1 (of 6)
Age of Apocalypse #1
Age of Apocalypse: Sinister Bloodlines
Age of X Universe #1 (of 2)
Age of X: Alpha #1
All Winners Squad: Band of Heroes #1 (of 8)
All-New Iron Manual: Part 1 (of 2)
All-New X-Men #1
Alpha Flight #1
Amazing Fantasy 15: Spider-Man!
Amazing Spider-Man #1
Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1
Amazing Spider-Man Hooky #1
Amazing Spider-Man Movie #1
Amazing Spider-Man Presents: American Son #1 (of 4)
Amazing Spider-Man Presents: Black Cat #1 (of 4)
Amazing Spider-Man Presents: Jackpot #1 (of 3)
Amazing Spider-Man/Ghost Rider: Motorstorm
Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth #1
Amazing Spider-Man: Parallel Lives #1
Amazing X-Men #1
Annihilation #1 (of 6)
Annihilation Prologue #1
Annihilation: Conquest #1 (of 6)
Annihilation: Conquest - Quasar #1 (of 4)
Annihilation: Conquest - Starlord #1 (of 4)
Annihilation: Conquest - Wraith #1 (of 4)
Annihilation: Conquest Prologue
Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus #1 (of 2)
Annihilation: Nova #1
Annihilation: Ronan #1
Annihilation: Silver Surfer #1
Annihilation: Super Skrull #1
Annihilators #1 (of 4)
Ant-Man and Wasp #1 (of 3)
Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #1
Astonishing Thor #1 (of 5)
Astonishing X-Men #1
Astonishing X-Men #1 (of 4)
Astonishing X-Men Annual #1
Astonishing X-Men: Ghost Boxes #1 (of 2)
Astonishing X-Men: Xenogenesis #1 (of 5)
Atlas #1
Avengers #1
Avengers Academy #1
Avengers Annual #1
Avengers Annual #2000
Avengers Arena #1
Avengers Assemble #1
Avengers Forever #1
Avengers Origins: Ant-Man and the Wasp #1
Avengers Origins: Luke Cage #1
Avengers Origins: Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch #1
Avengers Origins: Thor #1
Avengers Origins: Vision #1
Avengers Prime #1 (of 5)
Avengers Spotlight #1
Avengers Vol. 1 #1
Avengers Vol. 4 #1
Avengers Vol. 5 #1
Avengers vs. Pet Avengers #1 (of 4)
Avengers vs. X-Men #1 (of 12)
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes #1 (of 4)
Avengers: Roll Call
Avengers: The Children's Crusade #1 (of 9)
Avengers: The Children's Crusade - Young Avengers #1
Avengers: The Coming of the Avengers #1
Avengers: The Initiative #1
Avengers: The Initiative Annual #1
Avengers: The Origin #1 (of 5)
Avengers: X-Sanction #1 (of 4)
Avenging Spider-Man #1
Avenging Spider-Man Annual #1
Baby's First Deadpool Book #1
Balder The Brave #1
Battle Scars #1 (of 6)
Big Hero 6 #1: Brave New Heroes
Black Knight: Exodus #1
Black Panther #1
Black Panther Vol. 5 #1
Black Widow #1
Black Widow Vol. 1 #1
Black Widow Vol. 2 #1
Blade #1
Blink #1
Cable #1
Cable & Deadpool #1
Cable King-Size Spectacular
Cable Vol. 1 #1
Cable and X-Force #1
Cable: Blood and Metal #1
Captain America #1
Captain America & Thor!: Avengers #1
Captain America & the Falcon #1
Captain America Comics #1
Captain America Corps #1 (of 5)
Captain America Reborn: Who Will Wield the Shield
Captain America Spotlight
Captain America Theater of War: Brother In Arms
Captain America Theater of War: To Soldier On
Captain America Vol. 6 #1
Captain America Vol. 7 #1
Captain America and Batroc
Captain America and Crossbones
Captain America and Falcon #1
Captain America and First Thirteen
Captain America and Secret Avengers #1
Captain America: Hail Hydra #1 (of 5)
Captain America: Man Out of Time #1 (of 5)
Captain America: Rebirth #1
Captain America: The Chosen #1 (of 6)
Captain America: Theater of War: America the Beautiful
Captain America: Theater of War: Ghosts of My Country
Captain Britain and MI: 13 #1
Captain Britain and MI: 13 Annual #1
Captain Marvel #1
Carnage #1 (of 5)
Carnage USA #1 (of 5)
Castle: A Calm Before Storm #1 (of 5)
Chaos War #1 (of 5)
Chaos War #1: Alpha Flight
Chaos War #1: Chaos King
Chaos War: Ares #1
Chaos War: Dead Avengers #1 (of 3)
Chaos War: God Squad #1
Chaos War: Thor #1 (of 2)
Chaos War: X-Men #1 (of 2)
Civil War #1 (of 7)
Civil War: Casualties of War: Iron Man/Captain America
Civil War: Choosing Sides
Civil War: Front Line #1 (of 11)
Civil War: House of M #1 (of 5)
Civil War: The Confession
Civil War: The Initiative
Civil War: The Return
Civil War: War Crimes
Civil War: X-Men #1 (of 4)
Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1 (of 4)
Claws #1 (of 3)
Cloak and Dagger #1
Cloak and Dagger Vol. 3 #1
Cyclops Vol. 1 #1
Daken: Dark Wolverine #1
Daredevil Annual Vol. 3 #1
Daredevil Noir #1 (of 4)
Daredevil Vol. 1 #1
Daredevil Vol. 2 #1
Daredevil Vol. 3 #1
Daredevil/Deadpool Annual
Daredevil: End of Days #1 (of 8)
Daredevil: Yellow #1
Dark Avengers #1
Dark Avengers Annual #1
Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Exodus
Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia #1
Dark Reign: The List: Amazing Spider-Man
Dark Reign: The List: Avengers
Dark Reign: The List: Daredevil
Dark Reign: The List: Hulk
Dark Reign: The List: Punisher
Dark Reign: The List: Secret Warriors
Dark Reign: The List: Wolverine
Dark Reign: The List: X-Men
Dark Reign: The Sinister Spider-Man #1 (of 4)
Dark X-Men: The Beginning #1 (of 3)
Dark X-Men: The Confession
Dazzler #1
Deadpool & Death Annual
Deadpool Corps #1
Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #1 (of 4)
Deadpool Killustrated #1 (of 4)
Deadpool Pulp #1 (of 4)
Deadpool Team-Up #1
Deadpool Vol. 1 #1
Deadpool Vol. 2 #1
Deadpool Vol. 3 #1
Deadpool Vol. 4 #1
Deadpool: The Circle Chase #1
Death of Dracula #1
Decimation: House Of M - The Day After
Defenders #1
Defenders: From the Marvel Vault #1
Doctor Strange: From the Marvel Vault #1
Doctor Strange: The Oath #1 (of 5)
Dorothy and the Wizard In Oz #1 (of 8)
Drax the Destroyer #1
Earth X #1
Emma #1 (of 5)
Ender's Game Book One: Battle School #1 (of 5)
Ender's Game Book Two: Command School #1 (of 5)
Ender's Game: Mazer in Prison
Ender's Game: Recruiting Valentine
Ender's Game: The League War
Ender's Game: War of Gifts
Ender's Shadow Book One: Battle School #1 (of 5)
Ender's Shadow Book Two: Command School #1 (of 5)
Enter the Heroic Age #1
Eternals #1 (of 7)
Exiled #1
Exiles Vol. 1 #1
FF #1
FF Vol. 2 #1
Factor X #1
Fallen Son: Death of Captain America #1: Wolverine
Fantastic Four #1
Fantastic Four Annual #1
Fantastic Four In... Ataque Del M.O.D.O.K.! #1
Fantastic Four Vol. 2 #1
Fantastic Four: 1234 #1
Fantastic Four: Books of Doom #1
Fantastic Four: House Of M #1 (of 3)
Fantastic Four: Isla De La Muerte!
Fear Itself #1 (of 7)
Fear Itself: Black Widow
Fear Itself: Book of the Skull #1
Fear Itself: Monkey King #1
Fear Itself: The Fearless #1 (of 12)
Fear Itself: The Worthy One-Shot
Firestar #1
First X-Men #1 (of 5)
Formic Wars: Burning Earth #1 (of 7)
Formic Wars: Silent Strike #1 (of 5)
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #1
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man Annual #1
Gambit & The X-Ternals #1
Gambit Vol. 4 #1
Gambit Vol. 5 #1
Gambit: From the Marvel Vault #1
Generation Next #1
Ghost Rider #1 (of 6)
Ghost Rider Annual #1
Ghost Rider Vol. 3 #1
Ghost Rider Vol. 6 #1
Ghost Rider Vol. 7 #1
Ghost Riders: Heaven's on Fire #1 (of 6)
Giant-Size Astonishing X-Men #1.1: Part 1
Giant-Size Astonishing X-Men #1.2: Part 2
Gorilla Man #1 (of 3)
Gravity #1 (of 5)
Guardians of the Galaxy #1
Hawkeye #1
Hawkeye & Mockingbird #1
Hawkeye: Blind Spot #1 (of 4)
Heralds #1 (of 5)
Herc #1
Heroes For Hire #1
Heroes For Hire Vol. 3 #1
Heroes Reborn: Avengers #1
Heroes Reborn: Captain America #1
Heroes Reborn: Fantastic Four #1
Heroes Reborn: Iron Man #1
Hit-Monkey #1 (of 3)
Hit-Monkey One Shot #1
House of M #1 (of 8)
House of M: Avengers #1 (of 5)
House of M: Masters of Evil #1 (of 4)
Hulk #1
Hulk Smash Avengers #1 (of 5)
Hulk vs. Hercules: When Titans Clash
Hulk: Fall of the Hulks Alpha #1
Hulk: Fall of the Hulks Gamma #1
Hulk: Gray #1
Iceman and Angel #1
Immortal Iron Fist #1
Immortal Iron Fist Annual #1
Immortal Iron Fist: Orson Randall and the Green Mist of Death
Immortal Iron Fist: The Origin of Danny Rand
Immortal Weapons #1 (of 5)
Incredible Hulk & The Human Torch: From the Marvel Vault #1
Incredible Hulk Vol. 1 #1
Incredible Hulk Vol. 3 #1
Indestructible Hulk #1
Infernal Man-Thing #1 (of 3)
Infinity Crusade #1
Infinity Gauntlet #1 (of 6)
Infinity War #1
Invincible Iron Man #1
Invincible Iron Man Annual #1.1
Invincible Iron Man Annual #1.2
Invincible Iron Man Annual #1.3
Iron Age #1 (of 3)
Iron Age: Alpha #1
Iron Age: Omega #1
Iron Man #1
Iron Man 2.0 #1
Iron Man 2: Public Identity #1 (of 3)
Iron Man Noir #1 (of 4)
Iron Man Vol. 5 #1
Iron Man vs. Whiplash #1 (of 4)
Iron Man/Thor #1 (of 4)
Iron Man: House Of M #1 (of 3)
Iron Man: I Am Iron Man! #1 (of 2)
Iron Man: Legacy #1
Iron Man: Legacy of Doom #1 (of 4)
Iron Man: The Inevitable #1 (of 6)
Iron Man: The Rapture #1 (of 4)
Irredeemable Ant-Man #1
John Carter of Mars: World of Mars #1 (of 4)
John Carter: A Princess of Mars #1 (of 5)
John Carter: Gods of Mars #1 (of 5)
Juggernaut: The Eighth Day #1
Ka-Zar Vol. 5 #1 (of 5)
King-Size Hulk #1
Klaws of the Panther #1 (of 4)
Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers #1 (of 4)
Logan #1 (of 3)
Loki #1
Loki #1 (of 4)
Los 4 Fantasticos En... Ataque Del M.O.D.O.K.! #1
Luke Cage Noir #1 (of 4)
M.O.D.O.K: Reign Delay #1
Madrox #1: Marvel Knights
Magician Master: The Great One
Magician: Apprentice Riftwar Saga #1 (of 17)
Magneto #1
Magneto: Not A Hero #1 (of 4)
Marvel 1602 #1
Marvel 1602 #1: New World
Marvel 1602: Fantastick Four #1 (of 5)
Marvel 1985 #1 (of 6)
Marvel Adventures Iron Man #1
Marvel Adventures Spider-Man #1
Marvel Girl #1
Marvel Holiday 2011
Marvel Holiday Magazine #1
Marvel Holiday Special: 2004
Marvel Holiday Special: 2005
Marvel Holiday Special: 2006
Marvel Holiday Special: 2007
Marvel Holiday Spectacular 2009
Marvel Knights #1
Marvel Knights Spider-Man #1
Marvel Now! Point One #1
Marvel Universe vs. Avengers #1 (of 4)
Marvel Universe vs. Wolverine #1 (of 4)
Marvel Universe vs. the Punisher #1 (of 4)
Marvel Zombies #1
Marvel Zombies 2 #1 (of 5)
Marvel Zombies 3 #1 (of 4)
Marvel Zombies 4 #1 (of 4)
Marvel Zombies 5 #1 (of 5)
Marvel Zombies Christmas Carol #1 (of 5)
Marvel Zombies Destroy #1 (of 5)
Marvel Zombies Halloween #1
Marvel Zombies Return #1
Marvel Zombies Supreme #1 (of 5)
Marvel Zombies: Dead Days
Marvel Zombies: Evil Evolution #1
Marvel's Iron Man 2 Adaptation #1 (of 2)
Marvel's Iron Man 3 Prelude #1 (of 2)
Marvel's Thor Adaptation #1 (of 2)
Marvel's the Avengers: Black Widow Strikes #1 (of 3)
Marvel's the Avengers: The Avengers Initiative #1
Marvels #1: Part One
Marvels #1: Part Two
Marvels: Eye of the Camera #1 (of 6)
Mekanix #1
Microverse: The Enigma Force #1 (of 3)
Mighty Avengers #1
Minimum Carnage: Alpha #1
Minimum Carnage: Omega #1
Moon Knight Vol. 3 #1
Moon Knight Vol. 4 #1
Moon Knight: Silent Knight #1
Morbius: The Living Vampire #1
Ms. Marvel #1
Ms. Marvel Annual #1
Ms. Marvel Special
Ms. Marvel Special: Storyteller
Mutopia X #1 (of 5)
Mystery Men #1 (of 5)
Mystic #1 (of 4)
Mythos: Captain America
Mythos: Hulk
Namor: The First Mutant #1
Nation X: X-Factor #1
New Avengers #1
New Avengers Annual #1
New Avengers Annual Vol. 2 #1
New Avengers Finale #1
New Avengers Vol. 2 #1
New Avengers Vol. 3 #1
New Avengers: Illuminati
New Avengers: Illuminati #1 (of 5)
New Avengers: The Reunion #1 (of 4)
New Mutants #1
New Mutants Annual Vol. 1 #1
New Mutants Vol. 1 #1
New Warriors Vol. 1 #1
New X-Men Annual #1
New X-Men Vol. 2 #1
Nextwave: Agents of HATE #1
Nomad: Girl Without A World #1 (of 4)
Nova #1
Nova Annual #1
One Month To Live #1 (of 5)
Onslaught Reborn #1 (of 5)
Origins of Marvel Comics #1
Origins of Marvel Comics #1: X-Men
Orson Scott Card's Speaker For the Dead #1 (of 5)
Planet Skaar: Prologue
Point One #1
Power Man and Iron Fist #1 (of 5)
Prelude To Deadpool Corps #1 (of 5)
Pride & Prejudice #1 (of 5)
Punisher #1
Punisher Annual #1
Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe
Punisher Noir #1 (of 4)
Punisher Vol. 8 #1
Punisher War Journal #1
Punisher: In the Blood #1 (of 5)
Punisher: Nightmare #1 (of 5)
Punisher: War Zone #1 (of 5)
Realm of Kings
Realm of Kings: Imperial Guard #1 (of 5)
Realm of Kings: Inhumans #1 (of 5)
Realm of Kings: Son of Hulk #1 (of 4)
Red Skull #1 (of 5)
Rescue #1
Road To Oz #1 (of 8)
Rogue Vol. 3 #1
Runaways #1
Runaways Vol. 2 #1
Runaways Vol. 3 #1
Ruse #1 (of 4)
S.H.I.E.L.D. #1
S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol. 2 #1
Savage Wolverine #1
Scarlet Spider #1
Secret Avengers #1
Secret Invasion #1 (of 8)
Secret Invasion: Dark Reign
Secret Invasion: Front Line #1 (of 5)
Secret Invasion: Inhumans #1 (of 4)
Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers #1 (of 3)
Secret Invasion: The Amazing Spider-Man #1 (of 3)
Secret Invasion: Thor #1 (of 3)
Secret Invasion: War of Kings
Secret Invasion: Who Do You Trust? #1
Secret Invasion: X-Men #1 (of 4)
Secret War #1
Secret Warriors #1
Secret Wars #1
Sentry: Fallen Sun
Shadowland #1 (of 5)
Shadowland: After the Fall
She-Hulks #1 (of 4)
Siege #1 (of 4)
Siege: Captain America #1
Siege: Embedded #1 (of 4)
Siege: Loki #1
Siege: Secret Warriors #1
Siege: Spider-Man #1
Siege: The Cabal
Siege: Young Avengers #1
Sif #1
Sigil #1 (of 4)
Silver Surfer #1 (of 5)
Silver Surfer: Enslavers
Silver Surfer: Parable #1
Silver Surfer: Requiem #1 (of 4)
Skaar: King of the Savage Land #1 (of 5)
Skaar: Son of Hulk #1
Space: Punisher #1 (of 4)
Spaceknights #1 (of 3)
Spider-Island Spotlight
Spider-Island: Amazing Spider-Girl #1 (of 3)
Spider-Island: Avengers #1
Spider-Island: Cloak and Dagger #1 (of 3)
Spider-Island: Deadly Foes #1
Spider-Island: Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #1 (of 3)
Spider-Island: Heroes For Hire #1
Spider-Island: Spider-Woman #1
Spider-Man #1
Spider-Man & The Human Torch in Bahia De Los Muertos #1
Spider-Man 1602 #1 (of 5)
Spider-Man Noir #1 (of 4)
Spider-Man Presents: Anti-Venom #1 (of 3)
Spider-Man Unlimited #1
Spider-Man Y La Antorcha Humana En...Bahia De Los Muertos! #1
Spider-Man and the X-Men Digital Spectacular #1
Spider-Man vs. Vampires #1
Spider-Man/Fantastic Four #1 (of 4)
Spider-Man/Human Torch #1
Spider-Man: Back In Quack #1
Spider-Man: Blue #1
Spider-Man: Chapter One #1
Spider-Man: House Of M #1 (of 5)
Spider-Man: Reign #1 (of 4)
Spider-Man: The Lost Years #1
Spider-Men #1 (of 5)
Squadron Supreme #1
Steve Rogers: Super-Soldier #1 (of 4)
Strikeforce: Morituri #1
Stryfe's Strike File #1
Super Hero Squad #1
Super-Villain Team-Up/M.O.D.O.K.'s 11 #1 (of 5)
Superior Spider-Man #1
Tails of the Pet Avengers
Tales from the Age of Apocalypse: By The Light
Thanos Quest #1
Thanos: The Final Threat #1
The Marvels Project #1 (of 8)
The Mighty Thor #1
The Mighty Thor Annual #1
The Official Handbook of the Ultimate Marvel Universe: Vol. 1 #1: Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate Fantastic Four
The Order #1
The Rawhide Kid #1 (of 4)
The Thanos Imperative #1 (of 6)
The Thanos Imperative: Devastation
The Thanos Imperative: Ignition
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz #1 (of 8)
Thor #1
Thor #1: Vol. 3
Thor #2000: Annual
Thor and the Warriors Four #1 (of 4)
Thor: Ages of Thunder
Thor: Ages of Thunder - Reign of Blood #1
Thor: Blood Oath #1
Thor: Deviants Saga #1 (of 5)
Thor: First Thunder #1 (of 5)
Thor: Giant-Size Finale #1
Thor: God of Thunder #1
Thor: God-Sized #1
Thor: Heaven and Earth #1 (of 4)
Thor: Man of War
Thor: Son of Asgard #1
Thor: The Mighty Avenger #1
Thor: Wolves of the North
Thunderbolts Vol. 2 #1
Thunderbolts: From the Marvel Vault #1
Thunderstrike #1 (of 5)
Toxin #1
Twelve #1 (of 12)
Ultimate Comics Armor Wars #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics Avengers #1
Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #1
Ultimate Comics Avengers 3 #1 (of 6)
Ultimate Comics Avengers vs. New Ultimates #1 (of 6)
Ultimate Comics Captain America #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics Doom #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics Enemy #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics Fallout #1 (of 6)
Ultimate Comics Hawkeye #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics Iron Man #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics Mystery #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics New Ultimates #1 (of 5)
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol. 1 #1
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol. 2 #1
Ultimate Comics Thor #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Comics Ultimates #1
Ultimate Comics X #1
Ultimate Comics X-Men #1
Ultimate Elektra #1
Ultimate Extinction #1
Ultimate Fantastic Four #1
Ultimate Fantastic Four Annual #1
Ultimate Fantastic Four/Ultimate X-Men #1: Annual
Ultimate Human #1 (of 4)
Ultimate Iron Man #1 (of 5)
Ultimate Iron Man II #1 (of 5)
Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #1
Ultimate Nightmare #1
Ultimate Origins #1 (of 5)
Ultimate Power #1 (of 9)
Ultimate Secret #1
Ultimate Six #1
Ultimate Spider-Man #1
Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #1
Ultimate Spider-Man Infinite
Ultimate Vision #1 (of 5)
Ultimate War #1
Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk #1 (of 6)
Ultimate X-Men #1
Ultimate X-Men Annual #1
Ultimate X-Men/Ultimate Fantastic Four #1
Ultimates #1
Ultimates 2 #1
Ultimates 3 #1 (of 5)
Ultimates Annual #1
Ultimatum #1 (of 5)
Ultimatum: Fantastic Four
Ultimatum: Spider-Man Requiem #1 (of 2)
Ultimatum: X-Men
Uncanny Avengers #1
Uncanny X-Force #1
Uncanny X-Force Vol. 2 #1
Uncanny X-Men #1
Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 #1
Uncanny X-Men: First Class #1 (of 8)
Uncanny X-Men: First Class Giant-size Special #1
Uncanny X-Men: The Heroic Age #1
Universe X #1
Valkyrie #1
Vengeance #1 (of 6)
Venom #1: Lethal Protector
Venom Vol. 1 #1
Venom Vol. 2 #1
Venom vs. Carnage #1 (of 4)
Venom: Dark Origin #1 (of 5)
Villains For Hire #1 (of 4)
War Machine #1
War of Kings #1 (of 6)
War of Kings: Ascension #1 (of 4)
War of Kings: Darkhawk #1 (of 2)
War of Kings: Savage World of Skaar
War of Kings: Warriors #1 (of 2)
War of Kings: Who Will Rule?
Warlock Chronicles #1
Warriors Three #1 (of 4)
Weapon X #1
Weapon X: First Class #1 (of 3)
What If? Astonishing X-Men #1
What If? Daredevil Vs. Elektra #1
What If? Secret Invasion #1
What If? Spider-Man: House of M #1
What If? World War Hulk #1
What If?: Venom/Deadpool #1
Widowmaker #1 (of 4)
Winter Soldier #1
Winter Soldier: Winter Kills One-Shot #1
Wolverine #1
Wolverine & Jubilee #1
Wolverine Annual #1
Wolverine Noir #1 (of 4)
Wolverine Vol. 1 #1 (of 4)
Wolverine Vol. 4 #1
Wolverine and the X-Men #1
Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha and Omega #1 (of 5)
Wolverine/Deadpool: The Decoy #1
Wolverine/Gambit #1
Wolverine/Hercules: Myths, Monsters and Mutants #1 (of 4)
Wolverine: First Class #1
Wolverine: Manifest Destiny #1 (of 4)
Wolverine: Old Man Logan Giant-Size #1
Wolverine: Origin #1 (of 6)
Wolverine: Origins #1
Wolverine: Origins Annual #1
Wolverine: Road To Hell #1
Wolverine: The End #1
Wolverine: Weapon X #1
World War Hulk #1 (of 5)
World War Hulk Aftersmash: Damage Control #1 (of 3)
World War Hulk Aftersmash: Warbound #1 (of 5)
World War Hulk Prologue: World Breaker
World War Hulk: Aftersmash #1
World War Hulk: Front Line #1 (of 6)
World War Hulk: Gamma Corps #1 (of 4)
World War Hulk: X-Men #1 (of 3)
X-23 Vol. 1 #1
X-23 Vol. 2 #1
X-23: Target X #1 (of 6)
X-Calibre #1
X-Club #1 (of 5)
X-Factor #1
X-Factor Special: Layla Miller
X-Force #1
X-Force Annual #1
X-Force Vol. 1 #1
X-Force/Cable: Messiah War Prologue
X-Force: Ain't No Dog
X-Force: Sex and Violence #1 (of 3)
X-Infernus #1 (of 4)
X-Man #1
X-Men #1
X-Men Alpha #1
X-Men Forever #1
X-Men Forever Annual #1
X-Men Giant-Size #1
X-Men Noir #1 (of 4)
X-Men Noir: Mark of Cain #1 (of 4)
X-Men Spotlight
X-Men Vol. 3 #1
X-Men vs. Agents of Atlas #1 (of 2)
X-Men vs. Avengers #1
X-Men: Age of Apocalypse #1
X-Men: Chronicles #1
X-Men: Colossus Bloodline #1 (of 5)
X-Men: Curse of the Mutants Saga
X-Men: Deadly Genesis #1
X-Men: First Class #1 (of 8)
X-Men: First Class Finals #1 (of 4)
X-Men: First Class II #1
X-Men: First Class Special
X-Men: Hellbound #1 (of 3)
X-Men: Kingbreaker #1 (of 4)
X-Men: Legacy Annual #1
X-Men: Legacy Vol. 2 #1
X-Men: Manifest Destiny #1
X-Men: Messiah Complex #1
X-Men: Omega #1
X-Men: Original Sin One-Shot
X-Men: Phoenix Endsong #1
X-Men: Phoenix Warsong #1 (of 5)
X-Men: Prelude to Schism #1 (of 4)
X-Men: Prime #1
X-Men: Psylocke #1 (of 4)
X-Men: Regenesis #1
X-Men: Schism #1 (of 5)
X-Men: Second Coming #1
X-Men: The End #1: Dreamers and Demons
X-Men: The End #1: Heroes and Martyrs
X-Men: The End #1: Men and X-Men
X-Men: To Serve and Protect #1 (of 4)
X-Necrosha
X-Necrosha #1: The Gathering
X-Terminators #1
X-Treme X-Men #1
X-Treme X-Men Vol. 2 #1
X-Treme X-Men: X-Pose #1 (of 2)
X-Universe #1
Young Allies #1
Young Avengers #1
Young Avengers Vol. 2 #1
Young Avengers: Special #1
Young X-Men #1

Trevor
04-13-13, 10:14 AM
I thought I had signed up, but I guess I only signed up to be notified to sign up. :lol:

Oh well.
They've done it twice in the last month or so, so perhaps they'll do it again.

I wish they had more 70s and 80s stuff in there.

majorjoe23
04-14-13, 07:24 PM
They've done it twice in the last month or so, so perhaps they'll do it again.

Sort of. The first time they did it it overwhelmed the servers and crashed the app and site. So they halted it and said it would be back later.

And this is the later.

starman9000
04-24-13, 01:07 PM
50 Free from Dark Horse:

https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/3139.50-free-comics-bundle/

Trevor
04-24-13, 08:28 PM
50 Free from Dark Horse:

https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/3139.50-free-comics-bundle/
Thanks! I hate having my books spread out in all these different apps though.

davidh777
04-26-13, 05:45 PM

Yep, especially '70s for me.

I hate having my books spread out in all these different apps though.

Yep.

starman9000
05-11-13, 05:53 PM
Saw on SD that Watchmen is $3.99 for the kindle version on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-ebook/dp/B005CRQ2IU/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1368309136&sr=8-1

Trevor
05-11-13, 09:01 PM
Saw on SD that Watchmen is $3.99 for the kindle version on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-ebook/dp/B005CRQ2IU/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1368309136&sr=8-1
Awesome. I need to re-read this much more often than I do, and having it on my devices will help. Thanks!

starman9000
05-18-13, 03:21 PM
Anybody have thoughts on ComiCat or Perfect Viewer as a CBR reader? (Have a kindle fire)

*Figured out how to side-load Comicrack for free, so it looks like I'm covered.

Trevor
05-19-13, 07:35 PM
One of Comixology's current sales, which ends tonight, is on the current crop of Star Trek books. I took the plunge on a few of them.

Anybody have thoughts on ComiCat or Perfect Viewer as a CBR reader? (Have a kindle fire)

*Figured out how to side-load Comicrack for free, so it looks like I'm covered.
I may need to email you about this.

starman9000
05-27-13, 11:45 AM
Not sure if this is new, but the kindle edition of Volume 1 of Locke and Key is 2.99 at amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Locke-Key-Welcome-Lovecraft-ebook/dp/B007KDHKZ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1369669441&sr=1-1&keywords=locke+and+key

Great price IMO.

Trevor
05-29-13, 11:28 AM
Comixology is having a three day sale (5/28-5/30) on Dynamite stuff, up to 80% off. Titles include Buck Rodgers, Athena, American Flagg!, Dan Dare, Dreadstar, some Garth Ennis stuff, Borderline, The Shadow.

Not sure if this is new, but the kindle edition of Volume 1 of Locke and Key is 2.99 at amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Locke-Key-Welcome-Lovecraft-ebook/dp/B007KDHKZ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1369669441&sr=1-1&keywords=locke+and+key

Great price IMO.
That is tempting, but I wish it was the other volumes on sale. I own the hardcover of vol 1 already.

Supermallet
05-29-13, 02:35 PM
It has been brought to my attention that Shade, The Changing Man is now up on Comixology.

fujishig
05-29-13, 03:45 PM
Comixology is having a three day sale (5/28-5/30) on Dynamite stuff, up to 80% off. Titles include Buck Rodgers, Athena, American Flagg!, Dan Dare, Dreadstar, some Garth Ennis stuff, Borderline, The Shadow.

That is tempting, but I wish it was the other volumes on sale. I own the hardcover of vol 1 already.

It was just on sale on Comixology a few days ago (though I'm sure it will be again)

I've been stocking up in the last few sales, on some titles that I otherwise wouldn't have bothered with. In the last couple of weeks alone I picked up Generation Hope, the Young Loki arc in Journey to Mystery, and a bunch of New Avengers/Secret Avengers. That 99c price point is really the sweet spot for me (even though when you add it up, comics are by far my most expensive purchase on itunes)

Trevor
05-29-13, 09:47 PM
Yeah, as much as I love my physical books and don't see myself ever going full digital, 99 cents is often too tempting.

I'm finding what appear to be unannounced sales on Comixology occasionally. They have the first 24 issues of Kamandi, a 70s favorite of mine, all at 99 cents.

Trevor
06-14-13, 04:44 PM
Comixology has a big Superman sale going on until the 20th; over 200 issues from all eras for 99 cents each.

Mondays Marvel sale has Bendis' ~2004 New Avengers run, issues 1-64 for the same. Anyone recommend that series or not?

davidh777
06-14-13, 05:34 PM
I'm finding what appear to be unannounced sales on Comixology occasionally. They have the first 24 issues of Kamandi, a 70s favorite of mine, all at 99 cents.

I used to read Kamandi as a kid, but when I read the first DC Archive I wasn't sure it held up as well as I would have liked. I should give it another try.

Mondays Marvel sale has Bendis' ~2004 New Avengers run, issues 1-64 for the same. Anyone recommend that series or not?

If it's this series, I liked it quite a bit. I think I read two or three trades into it before letting it slip my mind. (Caveat that a large part of my reading is Bronze Age.) I had the same kind of initial excitement over Whedon's Astonishing X-Men before I kind of forgot about it.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51YbIDAR3iL._SY300_.jpg

fujishig
06-14-13, 06:00 PM
It is that series, and because it was Bendis it became kind of the backbone of the various Marvel crossovers for many, many years. As a result, I'm not sure you can really read through the series without at least having some knowledge of what went on in the various crossovers, starting with Civil War. The book (and the other Avengers books) also tends to spin it's wheels during the big crossovers.

If you like Bendis and his dialogue, it's well worth a read, and 99c an issue is probably the best deal you'll get. If you want a physical copy, they're collecting them in omnibus editions, though I think only the first one is out collecting the first 31 issues plus some other stuff.

Trevor
06-15-13, 06:56 AM
^ Thanks guys! I ended up waiting too long on the Marvel sale. When they say Monday sale, they really mean it. I went back to my app at 11:59 PM to buy the first 6 or so issues and give them a read before buying the rest, and the sale was already over.

But fujishig's comments about the the omnibus reminds me of how conflicted I still am on the physical copy versus digital debate. I want both at this point, but part of me wants to make a decision and stick to one or the other.

fujishig
06-17-13, 11:56 AM
I think that was the Friday sale, right? The current Monday sale is Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts/villains themed. I'm contemplating Dark Avengers and the recent Thunderbolts run.

But yeah, the sales end at midnight Eastern time too. I've been bit by getting home late and not remembering about the sale until too late...

Trevor
07-06-13, 02:29 PM
Current sales include American Vampire, '68, Incorruptable and Irredeemable for 99 cents an issue.

Trevor
07-16-13, 10:14 AM
Maybe we need a title change, or a separate thread for digital deals?

Massive sale at Comixology on Top Shelf books. The complete Alec for $4, same for From Hell, ton of other stuff too.

Other current sales are all the Red Sonja stuff from Dynamite, and HoaxHunters from Image.

majorjoe23
07-16-13, 11:59 AM
That Top Shelf sale is pretty awesome.

Trevor
07-19-13, 12:49 PM
Today's sales include Elephantmen and some Wolverine stuff.

I had two issues of Elephantmen in my library, they were apparently free at some earlier point, and just read them. Good stuff. Anyone follow the series? Does it hold up?

Trevor
07-22-13, 07:00 PM
Everyone ok if we change the title of this thread to something like:

Digital Comic Book Discussion and Deals (Comixology, etc)

? Also, today's Marvel sale is Hulk stuff iirc.

fujishig
07-22-13, 09:14 PM

? Also, today's Marvel sale is Hulk stuff iirc.

Sounds fine to me.

I believe there's also a Shadowman (both original and new Valiant series) and Eternal warrior (original) sale going on right now.

fujishig
07-23-13, 02:34 PM
And now what we've all been waiting for... A My Little Pony sale!

Trevor
07-23-13, 03:06 PM
And now what we've all been waiting for... A My Little Pony sale!
Don't sell it short. It's a fascinatingly surreal comic that deflates common superhero tropes. It does have an overarching narrative, but it doesn't proceed in a traditionally linear fashion.

Supermallet
07-23-13, 05:22 PM
:lol: Fuck off. :lol:

Trevor
07-24-13, 10:08 AM
:lol: Fuck off. :lol:
I thought you'd like that ;)

You ok with the thread title change, and can you use your powers?

Supermallet
07-24-13, 10:24 PM
I don't moderate this forum. Report the OP and a mod will see it.

Trevor
07-25-13, 04:39 AM
I don't moderate this forum. Report the OP and a mod will see it.
But you're a super...mod. ;)

Supermallet
07-25-13, 08:37 PM
Not on this particular forum. :p

Trevor
07-27-13, 11:16 AM
Current sales are 75 or so issues of Wolverine (vol 3 iirc) and a ton of recent Betty & Veronica.

Trevor
07-29-13, 08:37 PM
Marvel Monday has early runs of Wolverine vol 4 and X-23 vol 2.

Trevor
07-30-13, 01:18 PM
Today starts a week long Flashpoint sale, and a three day Smurfs sale.

fumanstan
08-01-13, 11:33 AM
Not sure if anyone else buy's Kindle comic books, but the Kindle versions of some Deadpool comics are on sale at Amazon.

I just bought Deadpool Classic Vol 1 for $3.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Deadpool-Classic-Vol-1-ebook/dp/B00AAJQYOC/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1375371030&sr=1-4&keywords=deadpool

Additional volumes starting with Deadpool Vol.1: Secret Invasion up to Vol. 4 are $2.99 and $3.99 as well.

Trevor
08-02-13, 02:28 PM
Comixology has a Friday sale of all the 1602 stuff. Also a 3 day Think Tank sale started today

Trevor
08-06-13, 11:14 AM
Today starts a three day sale on IDW's newish Judge Dredd stuff, and a seven day sale on Vertigo's Sweet Tooth.

fujishig
08-06-13, 02:56 PM
20% off all Viz titles in their Viz app. Since they already discount their digital titles, it turns out to be a great deal; I always buy a ton when they have a sale.

I should also mention that Target is 10% off all itunes cards this week. Since comics are my most expensive itunes purchases, I think that's relevant.

Trevor
08-08-13, 09:17 AM
I should also mention that Target is 10% off all itunes cards this week. Since comics are my most expensive itunes purchases, I think that's relevant.
Oh, almost didn't see this addendum, thanks!

And the extra 5% off with the Target Debit Card helps.

Jacoby Ellsbury
08-08-13, 09:40 AM
deleted. Naughty pirated site.

fujishig
08-09-13, 12:55 PM
Haven't clicked on the link, but if it's free x-men issues, I'm pretty sure it's pirated considering Marvel has several digital distribution methods already.

Marvel Hickman sale today. The entire FF run, the entire Secret Warriors run, and the first three issues of his Avengers run. FF and Secret Warriors are both great, but a lot of issues.

Trevor
08-09-13, 10:49 PM
Marvel Hickman sale today. The entire FF run, the entire Secret Warriors run, and the first three issues of his Avengers run. FF and Secret Warriors are both great, but a lot of issues.
Issues as in problems? Or expensive?

Trevor
08-10-13, 11:41 AM
Today starts a three day sale on Dynamite's Warlord of Mars and Lord of the Jungle.

Trevor
08-12-13, 07:43 AM
Today's Marvel Monday has all 14 issues of Earth X and all 14 issues of Universe X for 99 cents each.

fujishig
08-12-13, 12:21 PM
Issues as in problems? Or expensive?

Yeah, should have worded it better. I mean it would be expensive to get the whole run (though still cheaper than even an omnibus). I still find comics to be my most expensive purchases on iOS, even just the 99c issues.

Trevor
08-12-13, 01:20 PM
Yeah, should have worded it better. I mean it would be expensive to get the whole run (though still cheaper than even an omnibus). I still find comics to be my most expensive purchases on iOS, even just the 99c issues.
That's what I figured, but wanted to be sure. The sale was quick, didn't give me time to read the first issues and jump in. But I liked his writing and may get those trades if I see them cheap.

Trevor
08-13-13, 10:29 PM
Today starts a three day Mind the Gap sale.

Also, today only Avengers (Bendis, vol 4?) trade 1 is on sale for $3.99.

Trevor
08-16-13, 02:45 PM
Today starts a three day sale on the first Kick Ass series, 1-8 for 99 cents each.

Also a Friday only sale of some Marvel Ultimate stuff.

Supermallet
08-16-13, 02:55 PM
Mind The Gap has been great so far, that's worth picking up.

No one should voluntarily spend money on a Mark Millar comic. Just don't do it.

Trevor
08-17-13, 11:06 AM
Magic: The Gathering sale thru the 19th; all 12 issues 99 cents each.

Trevor
08-19-13, 09:10 PM
Today's Marvel Monday has some Generation X, First X-Men, and the like.

Trevor
08-21-13, 10:54 AM
Crap, I tried to post about three current sales yesterday but I guess my post didn't take.

On my phone so I'm not checking the site, but I know one of the sales was a big chunk of Madman.

Trevor
08-22-13, 08:27 AM
A sale ending today on The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.

Trevor
08-25-13, 09:22 AM
A three day Rising Stars sale started yesterday.

Trevor
08-26-13, 01:01 PM
Today's Marvel Monday is the first 30 issues of Lee & Kirby's Fantastic Four.

Trevor
08-27-13, 01:45 PM
Some tempting for me sales today.

Three day sale on the new 52 Justice League titles.

Three day sale on Steed and Mrs. Peel mini and ongoing.

Today only they have vol 1 of the 2009 Guardians of Galaxy for $3.99.

fujishig
08-27-13, 01:58 PM
I might go in for the New 52 JL titles that I don't already have. 99c is as always the sweet spot.

Marvel sent me an email about Marvel Unlimited Plus, which is basically Marvel Unlimited with a few perks (including a golden Ultron figure) for 30 bucks more (99 bucks a year). You also get 15% off Marvel Digital Comics (which I assume you have to buy through their website, but can be read through comixology) and 10% off the marvel store. Now that they let you download a handful of comics at a time to your ipad, I might jump back in for a year and catch up on some stuff.

Trevor
08-30-13, 10:22 AM
Today's one day Marvel sale is Loeb's first Hulk volume for $3.99.

Today starts a three day Invincible sale. All 101 issues 99 cents each, or cheaper in collections.

Today starts a three day sale on some of Dan Slott's Marvel stuff.

starman9000
08-31-13, 09:09 AM
Are you missing anything by getting the Invincible Digital Omnibi (and are they in color?)

majorjoe23
08-31-13, 06:00 PM
They're in color. My guess is it doesn't have any of the unrelated backup strips by Benito Cerano, but then I'm not sure those are even in the individual digital issues.

And when I say unrelated, I mean single page gag strip about things like Deep Fried Monkey and Hector Plasm.

starman9000
09-01-13, 08:29 AM
Awesome, thanks. Great way to back up my TPBs.

Trevor
09-02-13, 10:54 AM
Today's Marvel Monday has a bunch of Hercules on sale. Feats of labor, nice pun Marvel!

Trevor
09-04-13, 08:59 AM
Yesterday started a three day sale on John Byrne's IDW stuff.

Trevor
09-05-13, 04:08 AM
The weekly batch of freebies are up; just a bunch of previews and issue one of Rebel Angels from SLG.

Trevor
09-06-13, 11:33 AM
Today only the enhanced digital version of Archer and Armstrong #1 is free (again apparently since I already owned it).

Also today only, they have the first trade of Grant Morrison's New X-Men on sale for $3.99. This tempts me. I've never been a huge X-men fan but I tend to like Morrison's stuff.

Also today only, they have a Fall of the Mutants sale. 13 issues of Mutant Massacre and 31 issues of Fall of the Mutants for 99 cents each.

Trevor
09-07-13, 05:08 PM
First (all?) forty-six issues of Oni's Wasteland are on sale today.

Trevor
09-09-13, 07:22 AM
Today's Marvel Monday is a villain sale and has the following for 99 cents each issue:

Doomwar 1-6
Red Skull 1-5
Fantastic Four: Books of Doom 1-6
Thunderbolts 1-5 from 1997, and 110-121 from 2007/8

Trevor
09-10-13, 10:25 AM
Today start a three day sale on Image's Thief of Thieves; all fifteen issues for 99 cents each or the two collections for $5 each.

Today starts a three day event called DC's Forever Evil sale. It's not the current series, strangely, but seventy-seven different issues from the Final Crisis era focused on villains; all 99 cents each.

Trevor
09-13-13, 09:59 AM
The DC Villains sale continues.

Today starts a four day Adventure Time and Bravest Warriors sale.

From Marvel there is a three day sale on Annihilation: Book One from 2007.

Also from Marvel a one day sale on Spider-Men 1-5 and Scarlet Spider 1-12.1 and Spider-Man: Reign 1-4.

fujishig
09-13-13, 02:26 PM
I am always impressed with BOOM! sales and others by the smaller publishers, where they discount the titles right up to a month or two prior to the current issue. what a great way to catch up. Getting all of Adventure Time.

Also picked up Spider-men 1-5 and Reign, and read Reign all at once. I'll skip Scarlet Spider, because it's not a limited series and I'll never pick up the rest at cover price.

exharrison
09-13-13, 03:17 PM
From Marvel there is a three day sale on Annihilation: Book One from 2007.

That was a good story. Probably my favorite thing that Marvel did that year.

Trevor
09-14-13, 09:53 AM
Today starts a two day sale on Tales Designed to Thrizzle from Fantagraphics by Michael Kupperman. The first issue was (is?) free and is hilarious. I'm picking up both collections unless the print versions are cheaper at Amazon.

Trevor
09-16-13, 11:58 AM
Today's Marvel Monday:

first six issues of the new ongoing Captain Marvel

all fifty issues of the 2006-2010 Ms. Marvel

Trevor
09-17-13, 08:06 AM
Today starts a three day G.I. Joe sale. It's the recent stuff from IDW, which includes what I guess are reprints from older Marvel books.

Also today starts a week long Road to Unity sale from Valiant. It includes 207 books from both the 90s and the recent restart. Anyone read Valiant recently?

exharrison
09-17-13, 10:04 AM
I've enjoyed most of the recent valiant I've read. Hasn't blown me away, but has been enjoyable.

fujishig
09-17-13, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I've been picking up stuff during the Valiant sales, and it's all been good (though I've never been a big fan of Shadowman).

edited to add: wow, that's a ton of recent books on sale in that Valiant sale.

Trevor
09-20-13, 10:16 PM
Today started a weekend Civil War sale, 68 different issues.

Trevor
09-22-13, 12:42 PM
Yesterday started a three day Hypernaturals sale; first twelve issues of the Boom series for 99 cents each.

Also yesterday, Marvel's Iron Man: The Five Nightmares, the first 7 issues of the 2004 reboot, went on sale for $4; ends Thursday.

Trevor
09-23-13, 07:32 AM
Today starts a four day sale on the Zenescope collections; stuff like Charmed and Grimm Fairy Tales.

Marvel Monday has the first 23 issues (except #17) of the 1990 McFarlane Spider-Man, the first 24 issues of the 2005 Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man,

starman9000
09-23-13, 12:18 PM
Girl Genius Vol. 1 is included in the latest groupees game bundle (minimum 1$):

http://groupees.com/steampunk

exharrison
09-23-13, 01:19 PM
^That is kind of interesting to see that. Although, I think there was a Penny Arcade or two included with some of the Humble eBook bundles. I guess the bundles are just going to get more and more diversified.

fujishig
09-23-13, 01:39 PM
Tempted by the first few issues of Friendly, since I'm a big fan of 'Ringo. How was that run? (I see that there was a fill in by Cruz, which dampens my enthusiasm a bit).

davidh777
09-24-13, 02:11 AM
Girl Genius Vol. 1 is included in the latest groupees game bundle (minimum 1$):

http://groupees.com/steampunk

Ha, I actually know Phil Foglio since our kids went to the same school.

Trevor
09-24-13, 12:17 PM
Today starts a huge Fables sale. The first 130 issues are 99 cents each, plus a bunch of the mini series as well.
Tempted by the first few issues of Friendly, since I'm a big fan of 'Ringo. How was that run? (I see that there was a fill in by Cruz, which dampens my enthusiasm a bit).
Too late for either us of now, sale-wise, but I just read issues 1 and 5 (free in previous sales) and enjoyed them.
Ha, I actually know Phil Foglio since our kids went to the same school.
I used to love his stuff back in the What's New? days! Still do I imagine, just haven't kept up.

fumanstan
09-24-13, 01:13 PM
I wish there was an easier way for me to find Kindle Comic Book sales.

Civil War is $4.99. - http://www.amazon.com/Civil-War-ebook/dp/B00EAROYT2/ref=zg_bs_156113011_5

World War Hulk is $3.99 - http://www.amazon.com/World-War-Hulk-ebook/dp/B00DYVESVO/ref=pd_sim_kstore_1

Thanos Imperative is $3.99 - http://www.amazon.com/Thanos-Imperative-ebook/dp/B00ARKCRXG/ref=pd_sim_kstore_7

fujishig
09-24-13, 01:29 PM
I wish there was an easier way for me to find Kindle Comic Book sales. Probably not relevant to most people here since they're only available on Amazon devices and not through the app, but just in case...

Civil War is $4.99. - http://www.amazon.com/Civil-War-ebook/dp/B00EAROYT2/ref=zg_bs_156113011_5

World War Hulk is $3.99 - http://www.amazon.com/World-War-Hulk-ebook/dp/B00DYVESVO/ref=pd_sim_kstore_1

Thanos Imperative is $3.99 - http://www.amazon.com/Thanos-Imperative-ebook/dp/B00ARKCRXG/ref=pd_sim_kstore_7

Why are they restricted to kindle devices? Is it particular to these titles?

Originally, the kindle comics were only on kindle devices, but some kind of lawsuit/agreement got them to adapt their apps so that, at least on ios, you can view comics.

fumanstan
09-24-13, 01:37 PM
Oops, nevermind. I'm dumb and misread the drop down on the page. They're fine on the IOS and Android apps. Editing my comment...

Trevor
09-25-13, 02:41 PM
No new sales today, but it is new batch of freebies day.

majorjoe23
09-25-13, 03:07 PM
Any good new freebies? I can't check until I'm home.

Trevor
09-25-13, 09:03 PM
Any good new freebies? I can't check until I'm home.
Didn't seem that great, but not all previews at least. Iirc, it was the usual DC preview, one 10 page preview, another (?) issue of Cyberforce, and a zero issue of something cheesy looking.

majorjoe23
09-25-13, 11:17 PM
It looks like the Cyberforce release is the collection of the first five issues that Top Cow has already released for free. The zero issue of the cheesy looking thing is something written by Mary Jo Pehl, Dr. forrester from MST3K, so I'll give it a look.

I just can't remember what it's called.

Trevor
09-26-13, 09:49 AM
It looks like the Cyberforce release is the collection of the first five issues that Top Cow has already released for free. The zero issue of the cheesy looking thing is something written by Mary Jo Pehl, Dr. forrester from MST3K, so I'll give it a look.

I just can't remember what it's called.
It's called Jailbait, and I just read it, unfortunately.

No new sales today, just the continuing ones from before.

Trevor
09-27-13, 08:41 AM
Today starts a three day Godzilla sale; all nine collections and the individual issues.

Also, Marvel is having a one day sale of 19 issues of the X-Men Inferno storyline, and 13 issues of the X-Terminators storyline.

Trevor
09-28-13, 08:04 AM
Today starts a three day sale on Girls from Image and the Luna Brothers. All 24 issues for a buck each or the omnibus for $20.

exharrison
09-28-13, 12:00 PM
I read Girls in collected format. While I doubt I will re-read it, I did enjoy the experience of reading it the first time. I would think it is worth the $1 an issue to check one out or the $20 for the omnibus.

Trevor
09-28-13, 01:19 PM
^ The first issue was free at one time, and may still be so.

exharrison
09-28-13, 10:16 PM
^In that case, I recommend checking out the first issue and seeing if you like it. I think if you like the first issue, the miniseries would be worth reading.

Trevor
09-29-13, 11:14 AM
Nothing new today. Just read that first issue of Girls and plan to buy the series now.

fujishig
09-30-13, 12:26 PM
Some Thor stuff for the Monday Marvel sale. I don't see why they include that one shot of Sif but not her (recently cancelled) series, I would have bought all of that.

Bought and read through Girls this weekend. Definitely worth a buy at that price, creepy stuff.

Trevor
09-30-13, 12:59 PM
Today's Marvel Monday is a hodgepodge of Thor stuff.

Edit to add: Oops, sorry fujishig, didn't see your post.

davidh777
09-30-13, 01:39 PM
One of my LCS was offering some of those $1 first issues for free on Free Comic Book Day so I picked up Girls. Haven't read it, though. Just thought I'd contribute valuable info to the thread. :lol:

http://www.comicmegastore.com/images/image-comics/image-firsts-luna-brothers-girls-comic-1.jpg

Trevor
09-30-13, 06:09 PM
It really starts off well in that first issue (only one I've read so far). Given the combination of the sale and the Horror Challenge starting in an hour I couldn't resist and bought it.

I checked on hard copy prices first, as I still prefer those if they're cheaper, but went digital this time.

Josh-da-man
09-30-13, 06:18 PM
One of my LCS was offering some of those $1 first issues for free on Free Comic Book Day so I picked up Girls. Haven't read it, though. Just thought I'd contribute valuable info to the thread. :lol:

http://www.comicmegastore.com/images/image-comics/image-firsts-luna-brothers-girls-comic-1.jpg

She doesn't look like Lena Dunham!

Trevor
10-01-13, 10:16 AM
Today starts a three day Dynamite pulp sale; some issues and collections of The Shadow, Masks, and The Spider.

Trevor
10-02-13, 05:33 PM
No new sales today, and the only Wednesday freebies are the weekly DC previews and a 7 page 0 issue of some Dracula independent.

exharrison
10-02-13, 11:02 PM
Humanoids is starting to have a freebie of the month. You can't download it or otherwise own it, but you can read it on their web-based reader. This month's is Koma #1.
http://www.humanoids.com/ibd

Trevor
10-04-13, 08:18 AM
On sale today is a bunch of Marvel's Ultimates stuff (all perhaps?).

Trevor
10-05-13, 08:49 AM
The Ultimates sale continues through tomorrow.

Today starts a three day sale on all the Witchblade and The Darkness collections.

Today also starts a three day sale on Thrillbent's Insufferable.

Trevor
10-07-13, 03:03 PM
Today's Marvel Monday is called Avengers Assembled.

Avengers Assembled 1-8
twenty-one various issues of the first Avengers series, from 89 to 277, 1971 to 1987
Defenders issues 8-11 from 1973

Trevor
10-08-13, 11:04 AM
Today starts a week-long Walking Dead sale. All 114 issues 99 cents each, all the collections similarly discounted.

Supermallet
10-08-13, 08:25 PM
How many collections are there at this point?

Trevor
10-08-13, 08:37 PM
How many collections are there at this point?
18, covering thru issue 108.

Supermallet
10-08-13, 08:40 PM
So $18 for 108 issues? That's a pretty sweet deal.

Edit: No, looks like the collections are $4-$5 a pop. Nevermind.

Trevor
10-08-13, 10:01 PM
So $18 for 108 issues? That's a pretty sweet deal.

Edit: No, looks like the collections are $4-$5 a pop. Nevermind.
Yeah, things are rarely much less than $1 an issue in collections.

Trevor
10-09-13, 08:48 AM
No new sales today so far; and the usual Wednesday freebies aren't up (on iOS at least) yet.

exharrison
10-11-13, 11:20 AM
On Comixology: Sale on 35 issues of The Mighty Thor from Walter Simonson's run. I know a lot of people love that run. I've never read it, so I'm going to pick up some of them myself.

starman9000
10-11-13, 11:30 AM
Thanks, been trying to find that omnibus, but it ain't cheap. This will make for a nice distraction on the plane.

exharrison
10-11-13, 12:08 PM
Thanks, been trying to find that omnibus, but it ain't cheap. This will make for a nice distraction on the plane.

Honestly, after the reprints they have done recently, I'm going to wait to see if they reprint the Simonson omnibus as well. The paper will be thinner which seems to be a huge issue for some people, but it doesn't bother me as long as the bind is still good.

Trevor
10-11-13, 01:32 PM
The Thor by Simonson sale has 35 issues, #s 337 thru 372 with no 370, and runs thru Sunday night.

Also starting today, a three day sale on IDW's Kill Shakespeare, all twelve issues or $8 in two collections.

Also, they've added several freebies mixed in to both the various publisher lists, and in the "Recommended Freebies" section.

Trevor
10-12-13, 07:11 AM
No new sales today, but the Thor, Walking Dead, and Kill Shakespeare sales continue. Anyone read the latter?

Trevor
10-13-13, 07:25 AM
Ibid

starman9000
10-13-13, 08:49 AM
No new sales today, but the Thor, Walking Dead, and Kill Shakespeare sales continue. Anyone read the latter?

I enjoyed it, worth the price of admission anyway.

Trevor
10-14-13, 11:01 AM
Today's Marvel Monday is for Ghost Rider.

The first 35 issues of the series that started in 2006, and the ~2009 Heaven's on Fire mini-series.

Trevor
10-15-13, 09:47 AM
Today starts a three day horror sale from Boom!; lots of individual issues and collections like 28 Days Later, Tag, Key of Z, and a few others.

Also Image has a sale on Phonogram. I've never heard of it, but it's a horror-type series apparently.

majorjoe23
10-15-13, 01:32 PM
Phonogram is more magic/music inspired. I've only read the first trade, but I don't remember much horror.

Trevor
10-17-13, 10:34 AM
Nothing new today, and yesterday's freebie was just the weekly DC preview.

Trevor
10-18-13, 08:55 AM
Today starts a three day sale on IDW's True Blood; looks to be all(?) 30 or so issues and 5 collections.

Marvel has a one day sale on several mini-series; Marvel Universe vs the Avengers, vs the Punisher, vs Wolverine, Marvel Zombies Destroy, and Marvel Zombies Supreme. I'm tempted by all these, and will read all of their free (from earlier deal) first issues to check them out.

Trevor
10-19-13, 09:07 AM
Today starts a three day sale of Boom's Hellraiser stuff, 43 total issues.

Today also starts a three day Vintage Horror sale, stuff like Four Color Fear, Haunted Horror, Vampirella, and Dark Shadows.

Trevor
10-21-13, 07:45 AM
Today starts a four day sale on all the Grimm Fairy Tales collections and single issues.

Marvel Monday is 33 various issues of the Shadowland storyline(s?).

Trevor
10-22-13, 09:29 AM
Today starts a three day Vampirella sale; collections and single issues galore.

davidh777
10-22-13, 05:12 PM
Trevor's OCD must be going nuts with all the separate Comixology threads being created. :lol:

Trevor
10-22-13, 08:08 PM
Trevor's OCD must be going nuts with all the separate Comixology threads being created. :lol:
The more comic threads the merrier!

How can we recruit more posters here?

Trevor
10-24-13, 05:30 PM
Nothing new the last couple days, just the usual Wednesday freebies.

Trevor
10-25-13, 09:11 AM
Today starts a three day sale on Dynamite's Grimm, with issue 1 being free. Anyone read this?

Also there is a three day sale on 30 Days of Night, all collections and single issues half price.

Friday Marvel sale is Thor; the first 79 issues of the 1998 to 2004 series.

Trevor
10-26-13, 09:22 AM
Today starts a three day sale of various Image horror titles. Nothing I've heard of, but a couple of the first issues were (or are?) free.

exharrison
10-26-13, 10:39 AM
Today starts a three day sale of various Image horror titles. Nothing I've heard of, but a couple of the first issues were (or are?) free.

I've read Severed and some of Hack/Slash and thought both were very good.

majorjoe23
10-26-13, 03:30 PM
I would reccomend both the Hector Plasm books. They're both excellent and at 50-60 pages each an awesome deal for 99 cents each.

Trevor
10-27-13, 09:41 AM
Nothing new today, just the continuing horror sales.

Trevor
10-28-13, 12:52 PM
Today's Marvel Monday is 25 issues of the X-Necrosha storyline.

Trevor
10-29-13, 08:24 AM
This could be an expensive day/week for me. Today starts a weeklong Sandman sale from DC. All 76 regular issues, several mini-series, and a couple specials. I own pretty much all of them physically, but am still tempted.

Also today starts a three day sale from Marvel on all (?) the Marvel Zombies stuff. 31 issues total from various mini-series.

Trevor
10-30-13, 10:24 AM
No new sales today, just the above two threatening to take all my overtime money. The weekly freebies aren't up yet either, at least in iOS.

TheBigDave
10-30-13, 11:04 PM
I don't know if anybody here reads manga, but Crunchyroll Manga just opened up. It's a subscription service ($5/month or $40/year). It's also part of the Crunchyroll All-Access Membership which includes their Anime/Drama streaming service ($12/month or $100/year). There's apps for iOS and Android.

A dozen ongoing manga series are currently available. The latest chapters are added the same day they're released in Japan. They claim that more new series and back catalog titles will be coming soon.

Unfortunately, some of the most popular series like Attack On Titan and Fairy Tail are limited to recent issues. I guess it's because these books are currently being published in the US.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/10/30/its-here-crunchyroll-manga-is-now-open
http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga

fujishig
10-31-13, 08:57 AM
As an all access pass member, that's pretty cool, though you'd think they would have given some kind of heads up to subscribers before this. I mean I get their "specials" every day and don't remember seeing an announcement or anything.

majorjoe23
10-31-13, 11:03 AM
The first issue of Afterlife with Archie (zombie series set in Riverdale) is 99 cents on Comixology with the code ARCHIEZOMBIE99

davidh777
10-31-13, 05:23 PM
This could be an expensive day/week for me. Today starts a weeklong Sandman sale from DC. All 76 regular issues, several mini-series, and a couple specials. I own pretty much all of them physically, but am still tempted.

Also today starts a three day sale from Marvel on all (?) the Marvel Zombies stuff. 31 issues total from various mini-series.

Are all these 99c per?

Trevor
10-31-13, 05:33 PM
Are all these 99c per?
Yep, over 100 Sandman issues.

Trevor
11-01-13, 12:23 PM
Today starts a weekend Mark Waid sale from Marvel; 49 issues of I guess his key runs there.

Also there's a weekend sale from IGW on Cyberforce, Velocity, and Aphrodite IX stuff.

KenKeith
11-02-13, 06:37 AM

Are any of the non-gaiman sandman series that are on sale worth it?

Trevor
11-02-13, 07:54 AM
Nothing new today, just the three continuing sales.

Josh-da-man
11-02-13, 09:58 AM

Not really. Some of them are okay, but by and large they're surplus to requirements.

I bought all of the Sandman Presents comics and The Dreaming when they came out, and to be honest, I'd rather have the money I spent on them back.

The only Sandman spin-off I can recommend is Mike Carey's Lucifer series. It was introduced as a three issue "Sandman Presents" title, and was later given an ongoing series. The original three issue miniseries isn't particularly memorable, but the ongoing series that spun out of it was really good.

majorjoe23
11-02-13, 01:03 PM

Anything written by Willingham, Carey or Brubaker is pretty good.

Supermallet
11-03-13, 11:46 PM
I highly recommend the full Lucifer series. I went ahead and grabbed several of the spin-offs anyway.

malichai
11-04-13, 08:11 PM
I picked up an Ipad Air for an upcoming 2 week trip and wanted to go buy the entire The Sandman and Fables trade paperbacks. I was going to go Comixology because I've heard good things about the reader for it, but Amazon is about 30% cheaper per book, which REALLY adds up over 28 trade paperbacks. Are there coupons or something that bring Comixology prices in line with Amazon? Is the Comixology reader THAT much better than the Kindle reader for Ipad?

Supermallet
11-05-13, 02:03 AM
Why not buy some cheapie comic on both and see which one you prefer before plunking down the cash for the whole run of graphic novels?

Trevor
11-05-13, 09:25 AM
Why not buy some cheapie comic on both and see which one you prefer before plunking down the cash for the whole run of graphic novels?
Both have hundreds of freebies as well.

Trevor
11-05-13, 09:31 AM
Today starts a seven day sale on the ten different New 52 trade volume 1 collections that feature a Bat. $3.99 each. I'll pick up any I don't own paper versions of, but that may be only one or two thanks to those old Amazon sales.

Also from DC, today starts a weeklong unnamed Alan Moore sale. 99 cents each for the V for Vendetta series, the first six issues of most of his America's Best stuff, and that random Green Lantern 188 where he did the great backup story.

majorjoe23
11-05-13, 10:17 AM
I picked up an Ipad Air for an upcoming 2 week trip and wanted to go buy the entire The Sandman and Fables trade paperbacks. I was going to go Comixology because I've heard good things about the reader for it, but Amazon is about 30% cheaper per book, which REALLY adds up over 28 trade paperbacks. Are there coupons or something that bring Comixology prices in line with Amazon? Is the Comixology reader THAT much better than the Kindle reader for Ipad?

Both Fables and Sandman have been on sale in the last few weeks, so it will probably be a bit before either is on sale again.

malichai
11-05-13, 05:42 PM
Both Fables and Sandman have been on sale in the last few weeks, so it will probably be a bit before either is on sale again.

The individual comics or the digital trade paperbacks were on sale in the last few weeks?

I will follow advice and check out a few free comics tomorrow when the Ipad arrives.

majorjoe23
11-05-13, 10:10 PM
The individual comics or the digital trade paperbacks were on sale in the last few weeks?

I will follow advice and check out a few free comics tomorrow when the Ipad arrives.

I guess the Sandman books are still on sale for another day or so, digital trades are $12.99 each, which doesn't seem like a great deal.

But DC does have some pretty sweet digital deals right now on a bunch of New 52 trades for $3.99 each.

Trevor
11-06-13, 09:10 AM
No new sales today, and the weekly freebies aren't up yet.

fumanstan
11-06-13, 01:11 PM
Amazon has a handful of Vol. 1's of the new 52 comics on sale for $3.03. Some examples...

Batman Vol 1. - http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Vol-The-Court-Owls-ebook/dp/B008J2GAKU/ref=pd_sim_kstore_1

Justice League Vol 1. - http://www.amazon.com/Justice-League-Vol-Origin-The-ebook/dp/B008J2GFV4/ref=pd_sim_kstore_4

Nightwing Vol 1. - http://www.amazon.com/Nightwing-Vol-1-Traps-Trapezes-ebook/dp/B009MD2AEA/ref=pd_sim_kstore_10

Teen Titans Vol 1. - http://www.amazon.com/Teen-Titans-Vol-Right-Fight-ebook/dp/B0098SWEKY/ref=pd_sim_kstore_5

majorjoe23
11-06-13, 08:08 PM
Wow, almost a buck cheaper than Comixology. I may have to buy from Amazon.

Trevor
11-07-13, 02:30 PM
Today Marvel has a one day sale on some Avengers collections: Assemble, Season One, and Mythos for $4.99 each.