Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Playing T-2 Ultimate on older player problems?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Playing T-2 Ultimate on older player problems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-00, 02:10 AM
PJ
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone had any issues playing T-2 Ultimate edition on 1st generation dvd players. In particular the expanded edition (non alternate ending). My Panasonic A-300 decides to start dvd over again right as Arnold dies. As the red portion of what the Terminator sees dies out, it does this.

Thanks
P.J.
Old 09-13-00, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by PJ:
Has anyone had any issues playing T-2 Ultimate edition on 1st generation dvd players. In particular the expanded edition (non alternate ending). My Panasonic A-300 decides to start dvd over again right as Arnold dies. As the red portion of what the Terminator sees dies out, it does this.

Thanks
P.J.
<HR>

If I remember correctly....the A300 is the first player Panasonic put out!!! Did you buy this used or brand new in 1997!!!
This player as most first generation players are going to have trouble playing alot of the new discs!!! With the panasonic, I am not sure if it is the firmware which is highly possible...or if it is the fact that the older models only possessed 9-bit video processing compared to the newer players which possess 10-bit video processing capability!!! I would say you either need to updgrade your player or purchase a new player!!!
Old 09-13-00, 02:02 PM
PJ
Cool New Member

So far I have purchased well over 150 dvds. This is the first DVD I have experienced any issues with. I'm just wanting to know if someone else has the exact same issue as I.

And yes, I jumped on the bandwagon 2 weeks after DVD players hit the market. I knew this thing was going to take off from the moment I heard of it.
Old 09-13-00, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I originally purchased the Pioneer due to my laserdisc collection but then purchased the Panasonic A110 which has performed great for me!!! I actually had the model which you have for about a week but due to my laserdiscs I took it back!!! The A300 had one hell of a dolby digital decoder inside from what I remember!!!!
Old 09-14-00, 03:31 PM

Just got my T2 Ultimate in the mail yesterday from buy.com. And in the packaging there was a note from manufacturers stating that older DVD players may have a problem playing this movie.
Old 09-14-00, 05:50 PM
PJ
Cool New Member

Slight correction. Playing the extra content on the disk. Not the movie itself. Thanks though.
Old 09-15-00, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Panasonic A-100 still works fine with every disc I've tried, including T2.
Old 09-15-00, 02:34 PM
PJ
Cool New Member

Thank you very much. That's what I needed to know.