DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   Playing T-2 Ultimate on older player problems? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/58693-playing-t-2-ultimate-older-player-problems.html)

PJ 09-13-00 02:10 AM

Has anyone had any issues playing T-2 Ultimate edition on 1st generation dvd players. In particular the expanded edition (non alternate ending). My Panasonic A-300 decides to start dvd over again right as Arnold dies. As the red portion of what the Terminator sees dies out, it does this.

Thanks
P.J.

djones6746 09-13-00 09:51 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PJ:
Has anyone had any issues playing T-2 Ultimate edition on 1st generation dvd players. In particular the expanded edition (non alternate ending). My Panasonic A-300 decides to start dvd over again right as Arnold dies. As the red portion of what the Terminator sees dies out, it does this.

Thanks
P.J.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I remember correctly....the A300 is the first player Panasonic put out!!! Did you buy this used or brand new in 1997!!!
This player as most first generation players are going to have trouble playing alot of the new discs!!! With the panasonic, I am not sure if it is the firmware which is highly possible...or if it is the fact that the older models only possessed 9-bit video processing compared to the newer players which possess 10-bit video processing capability!!! I would say you either need to updgrade your player or purchase a new player!!!

PJ 09-13-00 02:02 PM

So far I have purchased well over 150 dvds. This is the first DVD I have experienced any issues with. I'm just wanting to know if someone else has the exact same issue as I.

And yes, I jumped on the bandwagon 2 weeks after DVD players hit the market. I knew this thing was going to take off from the moment I heard of it.

djones6746 09-13-00 03:05 PM

I originally purchased the Pioneer due to my laserdisc collection but then purchased the Panasonic A110 which has performed great for me!!! I actually had the model which you have for about a week but due to my laserdiscs I took it back!!! The A300 had one hell of a dolby digital decoder inside from what I remember!!!!

AUDIO FREAK 09-14-00 03:31 PM

Just got my T2 Ultimate in the mail yesterday from buy.com. And in the packaging there was a note from manufacturers stating that older DVD players may have a problem playing this movie.

PJ 09-14-00 05:50 PM

Slight correction. Playing the extra content on the disk. Not the movie itself. Thanks though.

cartman 09-15-00 12:26 AM

My Panasonic A-100 still works fine with every disc I've tried, including T2.

PJ 09-15-00 02:34 PM

Thank you very much. That's what I needed to know.