Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Sho-Ryu-Ken!

Old 04-12-01, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you but I LOVE the Street
Fighter video game series. I couldnt picture having a complete library of games without owning at least one Street Fighter game. So I have to ask you who your favorite chracter? From what game (be it Alpha, Super SF, or 3rd Strike, EX, and etc..). For me it would have to be Ken. In almost any game he is just my favorite character. So "come on!" who is your favorite SF character? and don't be shy to say whom!

Another random post from your friendly neighborhood
åndy
Old 04-12-01, 05:19 AM
Banned

Location: John "57 Varieties" Kerry represents me in the US Senate.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've always been a Ken/Ryu man since the original SF2. Then when they decided to add slight differences to them in the later versions, I tended to prefer Ken a bit.

Of course, in the versions where Akuma is "too good" then he becomes my character of choice. C'mon, how can you resist the temptation to jump in the air and shoot TWO fireballs?! (Unless you have an aversion to being cheesy )
Old 04-12-01, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I almost always play as Sagat. "Tiger Knee", "Tiger Fist"... Got to love his uppercut.
Old 04-12-01, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was always a Chun Lee player myself. Nothing's more humiliating than getting your butt kicked by a bitch.

Old 04-12-01, 12:21 PM

Guile has been my dog, for ever....

SONIC BOOM!!!!

Old 04-12-01, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Zero, I doubt you need introduction on who i am...

And i sure as hell remember our battles. and i must say, even though you did take me to another level on Alpha 3, and even though you got plenty of good matches in that, i still can't believe i beat you with Sakura more then i did with ryu.... but anyhow,I am in good authority to state the other street fighter games your Ken has faced my RYU...

so lets go

so to add to the list...

But still.. i can't believe i took you to town using sakura

By the way. my screen name is ALPHARYU You get the point that i am a Hard core street fighter.

[Edited by Jackskeleton on 04-12-01 at 07:00 PM]
Old 04-12-01, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
By the way zero, I found a translator for Third impact:

http://www.neoseeker.com/textfiles/G...ike_speech.txt
Old 04-12-01, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I always loved Guile(sp?) from the first Street Fighter
Old 04-12-01, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Chun-li and Cammy!

YUP!YUP!YUP!YUP!YUP!YUP!YUP!YUP!YUP!YUP!
Old 04-12-01, 06:46 PM

It's been awhile since I've played the Street Fighter games(I've been getting tired of fighting games) but Guile was always my favorite. I do like Ken and Chun Li also.
Old 04-12-01, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You know, I will probably get blasted for this, but I practiced and practiced and got REALLY good with Dan (SFA3), and he would be my favorite. Not much better feeling (in SF at least) than some cocky Akuma user thinking he;s gonna knock you off the machine, and you getting 2 perfects against him .
Old 04-12-01, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Now.. lets mention two things..

the birth of the game...

and the one thing that almost killed this game forever!!

Old 04-12-01, 09:22 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

I tend to have a favorite picked for all incarnations of street fighter.

street fighter 2
Guile
The other incarnations of SF2
Sagat/Guile
SF alpha 3
Dan! (you are correct cartman, there is no better thrill than beating the snot out of some hotshot with dan the man. i love playing with one of my friends he likes to cheese with fei long, so when he does i wip out dan and it's over, lol)
SF3
Alex rules! so does makoto though i HATE gil, i mean... i will play the game up till i get to gil, he invokes the controller throwing syndrome and does not belong in a street fighter game, way too over powered.

todd

[Edited by Dragon Fly on 04-12-01 at 07:25 PM]
Old 04-12-01, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

now time to make this thread not load well for dial ups.

And to sum it up zero... after those 9 - 1 win games we had.. i rate your skill at.. well ken could say it best..

Old 04-12-01, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Ryu for me... always. I actually don't like playing with Ken much. Now I have a question... what's the best Street Fighter game available for the Dreamcast? I tried SF3: Double Impact... but didn't like it. I like the traditional SF2 characters. Can I find this on the Dreamcast?
Old 04-13-01, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jack...

You know I seem to recall someone crying out "Asian!" everytime I would beat him down to nothing...so as you would say it Just Bring it!
Old 04-13-01, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey Auto!

The best SF game on DC? Well my friend you can't go wrong with SF 3rd Strike. I too tired of Double Impact but pick up again from time to time..although I would like to take back my opening sentence and say its a tie between SF Alpha 3 and 3rd Strike for DC.
Old 04-13-01, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Jack...

Originally posted by zero
You know I seem to recall someone crying out "Asian!" everytime I would beat him down to nothing...so as you would say it Just Bring it!
well that was in the past when i lack practice for months. but my goodness. Sakura even kicking your ass now.. man..
the horror!

besides. asian was for your cheese combos. that were total cheese! you should have just played with Akuma if you wanted to cheese.
But still... Sakura of all people.. thats worse then you using dan.

Ahh that one reminds me of another character.. ROSE!

oh man the number of times i mopped the floor with you using rose.

memories..

Old 04-18-01, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

since i found some fellow street fighter fanatics...

hey jack or zero do you guys currently compete? In the nationals or just local tourneys? i sure wouldn't mind tearing you a new one in 3rd Strike sometime (i might even look at the screen if you're decent...)

and that SFTM game...man i still have that for Saturn (it was one of the only games released at the time and i also have to have every sreet fighter game) The arcade one was a little bit better...

[Edited by DVDKrayzie on 04-18-01 at 02:42 AM]
Old 04-18-01, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ive never been to nationals, just some local tournaments. I frequent an arcade in Pasadena, but there no one plays 3rd strike. They usually play Capcom/SNK or Tekken Tag. And if you know me I got no love for Tekken Tag. Hardly anyone out here has any love for SF anymore, so Jack and I keep each other in check. And rather than get into a posting frenzy over whom is better I say just look me up, Im always looking for a good fight...even if I lose. If you trying to read too deep into that don't, Jack and I fight very differently. I look forward to your challenge.

zero

Old 04-18-01, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: .....

Originally posted by zero
Ive never been to nationals, just some local tournaments. I frequent an arcade in Pasadena, but there no one plays 3rd strike. They usually play Capcom/SNK or Tekken Tag. And if you know me I got no love for Tekken Tag. Hardly anyone out here has any love for SF anymore, so Jack and I keep each other in check. And rather than get into a posting frenzy over whom is better I say just look me up, Im always looking for a good fight...even if I lose. If you trying to read too deep into that don't, Jack and I fight very differently. I look forward to your challenge.

zero

i know what you mean about 3s...its my favorite SF.. i was mad when they took it out of the nationals this year due to lack of popularity....have u seen the footage of the japanese top players playing it? my god. out of 16 matches against our (USA) team we won 1 match...it was crazy. its MUCH more popular in Japan. I definitely want to play you guys though if im ever in that area. Or you could always come up to NCali and play at the game room or my place i havent had a good 3s match in a while unfortunately.
Old 04-18-01, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Shoryuken.com

Old 04-18-01, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally posted by Autotelik
Ryu for me... always. I actually don't like playing with Ken much. Now I have a question... what's the best Street Fighter game available for the Dreamcast? I tried SF3: Double Impact... but didn't like it. I like the traditional SF2 characters. Can I find this on the Dreamcast?
In all honesty, I haven't played it, but from what I've heard of it (and the fact that I own SNK vs Capcom for Neogeo Pocket) I've heard great things about SNK vs Capcom. Sure it's not just Street fighter but I think the DC version has just about all the characters. the NGPC version has most of them.

Tuan Jim
Old 04-19-01, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by DVDKrayzie
since i found some fellow street fighter fanatics...

hey jack or zero do you guys currently compete? In the nationals or just local tourneys? i sure wouldn't mind tearing you a new one in 3rd Strike sometime (i might even look at the screen if you're decent...)

and that SFTM game...man i still have that for Saturn (it was one of the only games released at the time and i also have to have every sreet fighter game) The arcade one was a little bit better...

[Edited by DVDKrayzie on 04-18-01 at 02:42 AM]

Well since your in sacramento, if your ever near the area of Los angeles, drop on by for a battle. that would kick some arse playing another who is happy about his skills.
As for the tourny curcit goes, its dead for most street fighters. since many just love the Ultra cheese games like MvC2 (Which by chance, i have played Duc many times... sure he kicked my ass, but got to challange the best in the buisness) and the ever so lame Tekken tag.
Not really the best games to judge skill at.

anyhow. if your ever by the area, lets battle.
Old 04-19-01, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by SnoopDogg
I always loved Guile(sp?) from the first Street Fighter
me too

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.