Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

No Online Cap. for X-Box for 2YEARS???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-01, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://cgi.gaming-age.com/gaming/new...&nid=28-172.db

here's a link to a leaked doc. in Japan, about X-Box..

It says no online play for x-box for 2 years??? Ps2 will have a hold on the online market by that time...im glad i got a ps2, and didn't wait for the x-box....
Old 03-28-01, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
supposedly there was going to be 1 game at launch that had online capabilities. i can't remember the name of it, though. that would definately suck, though, not being able to play online right away. it doesn't make sense.
Old 03-28-01, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Do not really care.......

I would be rating this system as I am the PS2 based on it's games that will be released over the next year or so....not on the basis of whether or not I can play games online. As an article stated last week in regards to the hard drive situaton on the PS2 in relation to the Xbox!!! Developers will be fully realizing a game's potential on the Xbox with the knowledge that every single Xbox available possesses a hard drive......On the other hand, games which will require such hard drive space will avoid the PS2 since not all PS2 systems will have a hard drive since it was not a part of the original system!!! A developer is not going to waste money on such games for the PS2 when many people may not even purchase a future hard drive for the PS2. Online capabilities or not....Xbox will be fine without it as will the Playstation 2!!!
Old 03-28-01, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Maybe I am just behind the times, but I have never liked online gaming. Maybe I have just played with the wrong people though. Its not something I ever use on my Dreamcast and I'm sure I wont bother with it on future consoles. The X-box people may have realized how little the feature helped the Dreamcast and that may be the reason they are waiting on it. The fact the X-box only supports broadband eliminates most of the people who would use it for online gaming anyway. Dial-up is still what most people use to get on the internet. I have no intention of paying $50 a month for internet access, but maybe the broadband prices will become more competitive in the future.
Old 03-28-01, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You are not alone......

Originally posted by darkside
Maybe I am just behind the times, but I have never liked online gaming. Maybe I have just played with the wrong people though. Its not something I ever use on my Dreamcast and I'm sure I wont bother with it on future consoles. The X-box people may have realized how little the feature helped the Dreamcast and that may be the reason they are waiting on it. The fact the X-box only supports broadband eliminates most of the people who would use it for online gaming anyway. Dial-up is still what most people use to get on the internet. I have no intention of paying $50 a month for internet access, but maybe the broadband prices will become more competitive in the future.
Online gaming sucks.....I have played online games for years on the computer....highly overrated!!!!