Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Where to submit idea?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-01, 05:14 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, I have a very cool idea for an RPG. I have an idea for the story, the characters, the art, gameplay, everything about it. I don't know programming, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to submit an idea to seek publication or atleast raising an eyebrow to get into the industry, at the very least i would love to do art work for them.

thanks

todd
Old 03-21-01, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No idea about submitting the idea ... but I will suggest RPG Maker for Playstation. Make it yourself .

Not sure how to link for dvdtalk to Buy.com (Cheaper than Amazon, who is sold out of this now, anyway), but heres the normal link
http://www.us.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=50009968
Old 03-21-01, 05:56 PM

yeah, i considered that route... but from what I hear RPG maker is pretty poor.

todd
Old 03-21-01, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Along those lines, there are three or four RPG games featuring complete game editors due out on PC in the next year or so. Creating your own is the most realistic option, but it won't make money for you, either.

As for your idea, it may be great, but chances of ANY major game software house being interested are very slim. They are bombarded with stories -- and they have professionals they've already hired to do the same thing anyway...
If you're determined anyway, then you need to figure out how to contact them. Web sites, yellow pages, business directories, whatever...
Old 03-21-01, 09:48 PM

heh, oh yes, i am quite positive this won't even get the once over, probably just thrown in the trash along with others. But damn, i dont care if i have to make the game or not this would be what i would want to play in an rpg and after sharing my idea with some friends they have agreed its what they want to play as well. creating it even on my own custom thing could be interesting.

todd

ps. its not even about making money. its about making a good rpg that would be fun and entertaining considering the market is flooded with crap.
Old 03-22-01, 02:39 AM

First make sure all your work is copywritten. You may even want to consider agent representation, they're the ones that have contacts in the entertainment industry. Never rule out that your story could also become an animated show, feature film/cartoon, you can pitch the ideas to various studios for consideration. My animation teacher created a premise for an animated series and advertised it in "Animation Magazine", a few months later he was offered a toy deal....so you never know.
Old 03-22-01, 08:31 AM

wow, thats pretty cool. Of course i have to final draft everything before i even begin to think about that. Maybe i will pick up rpg maker and see what i can do sometime.

todd
Old 03-22-01, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

http://www.worldforge.org, pc MMORPG game engine that's yet to be completed but looks pretty cool.
Old 03-22-01, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

me:
how about an rpg where you contol a main guy type of character who is good a fighting - then a second guy who is like really really strong but slow - then a magic guy (you can make one good magic and the other bad magic) - then a really quick girl who is kinda weak?

sony boss:
well what do they do?

me:
they have adventures all over a mystical planet, and fight a number of strange creatures.

sony boss:
by God qbert! you've done it again!